Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Tenchi Muyo GXP: Paradise Starting ( Chapter 35 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Imagine you have a half-billion dollar anime franchise with half a dozen shows linked into the same setting. Now, you want to grab some money but have no plot and are pretty much going to beg for making a program that's probably still being written, so you have to be intentionally vague, annoyingly vague. Irritatingly vague. Now you give it the above title and proceed to release episodes every couple months for a year. Is it really pretty? No. Is it consistently voice acted? Not so much. Is it adding value to the existing franchise? No. Is it name dropping, annoying, and turning people off from your billion dollar franchise? Yes, yes it is. Is it as bad as Disney ruined Star Wars and Marvel Comics? Not that bad. But still doesn't belong on anyone's shelf and not worth a second thought. Go rewatch Photon the Idiot Adventures, or Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure, two old 90's anime that actually DO offer valid backstory. Dual is the story of the original grand emperor of Jurai, and his twin wives origin stories. Everybody in Tenchi's royal family is descended from those three or Washu. Did this Paradise Starting show explain all that? No. Did it expand on their space adventures? No. Did it explain how the Jurai family got started as Pirates? No. 

So you can skip Paradise Starting and miss nothing important.