Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Trapped In A Dating Sim ( Chapter 37 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This parody against the many boring isekai anime where the main character has some OP skill that makes all the plot easy and ruins any dramatic tension is all about mocking expectations. It is not a great anime, but the protagonist is hanging lanterns to mock how unbalanced the game play is and why it is a crap setting with stupid people. He enjoys being a loud jerk. He doesn't buy or sell slaves, so he's better than Shield Hero. He accidentally defends and befriends both the protagonist and the antagonist, getting them into his harem without really realizing it. He's shameful that way. His robot helper often insults him, which is important, and his OP equipment was bought with real money... because this setting is based on a crappy otome game his evil sister made him play while she was on vacation, a point that literally killed him and lead to his pathetic life as a nobody who still thinks he's a mob character rather than the protagonist. 

The manga is well drawn, the anime is amusing in both English and Japanese, and his spiteful rejection of traditional isekai behavior makes it a fun watch/read.