Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Tanaka Kun Is Always Listless ( Chapter 40 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Slice of Life anime are for more mature viewers. We've seen Bleach. We know how all those tournament anime will go. We are tired of the slaughterfests and even giant robots feel tiresome. When you reach the point where magical girl transformations make you feel uncomfortable and bored, it is time for Slice of Life anime. Shows about people living, often without any real plot, and usually based on a 4-panel comic strip, so they tend to have short jokes. One really good example of a good Slice of Life anime is Tanka-kun is always Listless. It is a story of a guy who actively pursues a life of sloth. Where he does as little as he possibly can. A neighbor carries him around like luggage. Several girls find him interesting, one because she wants to emulate him despite being an energetic genki girl with the opposite energy level from our lazy protagonist. A friend is a long-skirt yankee, which is the opposite of a short skirt gyaru, and she's known in anime as the "cutest Yankee" though some may wish to debate this. It is not a serious show. Nothing important happens. But it is relaxing and funny to watch, and the characters are well done. Highly recommend it as one of those shows to watch before bedtime.