Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Villainess Level 99 ( Chapter 52 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Many isekai anime exist. For most, this is the kindest thing you can say about them. Once in a while you get a show with a few good episodes worth watching, while the rest is garbage. And sometimes you get a proper parody of isekai and one of these is Villainess Level 99: I May Be The Hidden Boss But I'm Not the Demon Lord. Yes, that's a long title. It is on Crunchyroll and was a season or two ago. A funny show, which understood its premise and mocked it completely, with a wonderful dry delivery by the heroine, an exhausted gamer office lady trapped in the body of a dark haired girl in the world where nobody but demon lords has dark hair. Worse, she's played the game she's in... and we've seen this trope before. Usually the solution is to be extra nice and befriend everyone so they don't kill you. In this case, the heroine opted for the other solution: strength. She started going into dungeons as soon as she could walk and used her Dark Magic ability to kill many monsters, levelling up quickly. And buys items to double EXP so she levels even faster. After a decade of hard work levelling she's admitted to the magical academy with other nobles and learns she's maxed out her level. This causes problems, with people calling her a fraud. She she's gotta show 'em, and they end up terrified, and she get a royal apology and offer of the prince's hand in marriage to keep her from leaving the kingdom as the superweapon she is would unbalance kingdoms and is a major threat. And she's 15, and only really has one blank expression. 

Naturally, this is a romantic comedy, and its charming and fun. It is similar to Trapped In An Otome Game, only she's dry sense of humor rather than obnoxious and offensive. She's so powerful she has nothing to prove. This story is ripe for fanfiction, especially from a male romantic lead taking over Patrick and making him a bit more amused by her antics and less uptight. Maybe with an everfull bag of popcorn.