Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg 00Key ❯ Unknown ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Speaking"

'Thinking

Action

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do I have to go get that brat?!"

"Because you're the only one that has fought her and knows her moves now. Besides, you need to apologize."

"Why do I have to apologize to her?! She attacked first!"

"Because you fought back against a little girl...who doesn't know she's a cyborg. Oh, don't worry. I'll protect you from that big bad girl, 002!"

002 glared at 004, the infamous creator of such a crude remark, named Albert Heinrich, as they glided down the hall, the silver haired German walking casually along the corridor, leaving behind only a yellow scarf in his wake. 002 only glared at his retreating back as a lock of red hair fell before his face, refocusing the deadly look of death towards itself rather than the creator of the frustration building it's way up. Upon return for the reconstructed med lab there had not been a moments peace to the flying cyborg, for snickers of others found their way into his ears as reminders of his rather disconcerting defeat at the hand of a girl only two years younger than himself. Well actually, it's be closer to 62 years older than the girl if one counted the torturous years spent in cryogenic stasis. A deeper frown graced his lips as memories of the cockpit stifled laughter brought forth the idea of a bodyguard for the red head. His eyes snapped foreword, only momentarily noting that the silver gray headed being had began to speak once again.

"You know what? That kid kind of reminds me of my Hilda."

"Hilda?"

"My wife."

002 raised an eyebrow to promote his further questioning of the matter as 004 lifted a gold object before him, a ring on a chain, though slightly bent from previous adventures before tucking it back under the shifts of his garb. 002 blinked, confused by such a confession from the normally isolated cyborg. Shaking his head slightly, 002 halted before the door now in front of the two cybernetic beings, itching to reach for his laser in case of another round was required between the warring Americans. The red head's teammate frowned, opening his mouth to scold his fellow cyborg before a muffled sound escaped from the room. Both automatically reached for their weapons, prepared to fire should anything occur as 004 reach forward and opened the door, letting the swish of the door announce their arrival as another less muffled sound roared from the dim colored room before both stepped forward aiming for the source of the sound. Every muscle and part in their systems froze as they found the source, finding that neither an ambush was planned nor was the room destroyed, but the sounds were emitted from a small vent shaft, it's cover throw aside carelessly.

"Great! She's in the vent system! We're going to have to go in after her..."

"Don't look at me, 004, you go after her. I'm not getting punched in the face by her again."

"Wimp. Gets beat up by a little girl then is too scared to go after her."

"Hn. Question. How come we didn't see her leave through the vent on the camera?"

"Because she took your advice and disabled the camera."

"Me and my big mouth..."

"You said it."

Sighing, the red headed being mutely followed his silver haired comrade, cursing as his uniform snagged and ripped on the edges of the vent system. A snicker could be heard from behind him only to be interrupted by 004's own cursing.

"Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh what? What's the matter 002?"

"The dust is still settled here. She hasn't crawled through the vent. We've been tricked."

"We have another problem...She just sealed us in..."

"Great! We're stuck in this cramped little vent system. Can you see what she's doing now?"

"She's leaving the room. Hey! She's coming your way! We can still catch her!"

"Then let's go!"

002 moved eagerly, renewed with vigor as thoughts of revenge to the female demon aboard his submarine. Cloth carelessly tore on the vent walls in his intense scurry down the dusty mini corridor as the dust stirred and landed in the nose of 004, leaving the poor German to suffer with sneezing allergies. As the dynamic duo continued, dust bunnies could be seen hopping out of the path of their destruction. There! A small ventilation grid shining precious light could be seen but a lowly three feet before the red headed cybernetic being. Twisting to a sitting position, 002 threw amazing power to kick out grid, sending it sailing through the air as he smiled at a familiar grunt of pain sounded just below them. Turning on his side, the American threw himself down on his wounded prey, effectively pinning her to the wall. The petite figure struggled against his grip, releasing a strangled gasp of surprise as pain crossed her features, her arm moved to an unnatural position as her captor smirked, lifting her up slightly so to limit her options of escape even further. A twinkle in his eye only said the one word he said but a moment later.

"Gotcha."

The girl struggled against his grip as a whimper sounded from her tensed frame, fear illuminating her eyes once again. She winced in pain, but her prayers of easement were thrown towards the wind as her arm twisted further. She cried out in pain, the fierce throbbing in all the joints of her arm screaming out in further torment as she was suddenly twisted and forced to face the wall, the red head examining her arm as his companion fell out of the vent a moment later.

"Please! Let me go! I just want to go home!"

"Look, if you don't calm down this minute, your arm's going to break at this angle! Just knock it off already!"

"Let me go!...I just want to go home...please."

"Keep this up and you won't make it home in less than 12 pieces!"

002 could feel her body tense up as sobs began to rack the poor girl's petite frame. Guilt covered his eyes as he glanced at the brunette in his arms, feeling both utterly confused and helpless at the current situation. The feelings of the scene didn't lift into higher spirits either as 002 caught but only a flash of silver heading down the hall, slightly covered in dust and grime from the ventilation shaft.

"Where in the world are you going?! You can't leave me here with her alone!"

"Relax, I'm just going to get washed up and bring back a sedative for her to calm her down. See if you can keep her still and get her back to her room."

"How am I suppose to do that 004?! SHE'S FREAKING MAD!!!"

"Look whose talking. Just try. We'll be in port in about two hours. It won't matter until then. I'll be back."

Blinking, 002 watched helplessly at his companion left him alone with the sobbing girl in his arms. Returning his attention to the matter at hand, the now lone cyborg blinked once more at the figure, his panic levels rising with the increasing sobs. Speaking as calmly as he could to the girl, he began to cradle her in his arms, allowing her arms to be free to tend to her misshapen limb as he sat her in his lap, keeping a firm grip on her small waist.

"Come on now, don't cry...I won't hurt you. You just have to work with me. It's not like I want to keep you here you know..."

"I-I j-just w-want to go h-home...I w-want to be with my f-father and t- take care of him and my a-animals..."

The lanky cyborg began to rock the girl subconsciously, searching for ways to calm her down further before he gathered her up in his arms and proceeded back to her room. The young lady, however, was not going to let him take her easily. A furious storm of fist could be seen, pounding into his chest in effort to force him to release her, ending only with her hands swollen and red. He chuckled at her dismay as she glowered up at him, her original attitude returning as she took a swinging punch at him only to miss as he unceremoniously dropped her from his bride style carry onto the floor, forcing her to double over in her decent with his arm still snuggly around her waist. Opening the door, he dragged the now thrashing girl back into her room as he cussed up a storm when she hit him twice in the face blindly. The girl smirked, as he in turned glowered down at her. Locking the door, the red headed cyborg released his captive, her extra momentum sending her flying across the room and into a wall, where she landed in a huffing heap before turning a glaring eye at him. It was his turn to smirk at the girl's misfortune.

"Look, we both know each other's strengths and weaknesses now so what's to say we can't sit here quietly until 004 gets back here with your sleeping pills...I mean your medicine."

"Let's say we not and you can move out of my way so I can escape."

"You know I can't let you do that."

"And why not? Oh...what do you care? It's not you've ever been captured and forced to do something you against your will. It's not like you were kidnapped off the streets."

002 stayed silent, his anger boiling up in him she continued her statement, the only thing keeping his emotions in check was the pity he felt for the girl, who in essences had described both of their lives.

"A lot you know! I'll have you know that I was kidnapped off the streets too!"

"W-what? A-are you telling the truth? Who kidnapped you? When? Do you work for your captures? Come to think of it, who are you really? If you were kidnapped off the streets, then why did you kidnap me?"

The girl quieted down, leaving off her next sentence as shock and guilt appeared in her own heart. She had honestly assumed that no one here was working against his or her will. Now, the young damsel wasn't so sure. Was everyone on board a captive against his or her will, or was it just this boy in front of her, who could be no older than two additional years of her own age? The boy before her looked lost for words as he stared off into space, watching a silent memory in his mind's eyes. Coming closer, curiosity over took her fear of harm as she scrutinized him, moving around him slowly before backing into the door. What ever was going on with the boy, it meant it was time to leave. Looking at the boy one last time before turning towards the entrance, she decided two things. One, if she escaped, she would inform the authorities and rescue him herself. The second thing the young girl decided was if he came after her, she would not fight him, not now.

It was only but a few minutes later that 002 snapped awake from his memory. His eyes widened in horror as he scanned the room, cursing himself for letting his mind slip and letting his prey free. He turned abruptly only to nearly trip over the young girl concentrating on the wiring of the door. Sighing in relief, the red headed cyborg grabbed the girl by her midsection, his arms automatically entwining themselves around her waist as he picked her up suddenly and prepared for impact, his eyes closed. While he did expect her to struggle, the cyborg was forced to open his eyes in surprise when he felt no blows upon his chest or even his person. Instead, the girl just sighed and crossed her arms, only struggling to get a more comfortable position in his arms, both rather reluctant to be in their current position. She only began to struggle when the American born soldier began to check her head for wounds or bruising.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm checking for wounds. I think you hit your head. How else would you be acting like a lady?"

"Well you sure haven't been treating me like a lady! And you certainly are no gentleman!"

Growling at him, she swung at him, in which he smirked at the girl who had begun to act like normal as she thrashed about in his arms, determined to get out of his grasp. So much for not fighting against him. Picking her up bridal style, he walked over to the bed and literally dropped the poor girl on the mattress as she bounced and glared at him through her blond, brown and red hair, now lying in all directions on her head. Growling at him and his annoying smirk, the girl was ready to pounce and beat to poor boy to a bloody pulp, she gasped as the door released a sudden swish, revealing the silver hair German, with a needle at hand. The girl's eyes with horror and every body part in her frail-looking body froze, the needle her only concentration point as she scrambled back against 002, trembling more than any of her encounters with the bounty hunters. A shudder ran through her body as the fearful glare moved to the form of 002 whose arms had snaked around her in an effort to both comfort her and keep her still. The young German raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly, an idea of suddenly playing matchmaker rose in his head.

"You're going to have to give her the sedative, Jet. I have to go to the bridge. Here. You can handle her right?"

"Of course I can handle her! Just give me the stupid needle!"

Albert Heinrich, smiled to himself in the shadows as he willingly handed over the needle before hurriedly rushing out, determined to get to the bridge for back up to his new plan. Jet Link could only realize with horror as comprehension dawned on his face that he had agreed to deliver to the girl one of her nightmares. Holding the needle with one hand, he gripped the now struggling girl in his arms, exposing her arm to the needle with his other hand. Jennifer trembled in the boy's arms, her breath catching in her throat in a gasp at he sunk in the needle, the syringe accomplishing its mission before leaving her arm. Giving the remainder of her strength towards her struggles, the girl found the she could not win either battle in the boy's arms or to keep her eyes open as the medication flowed through her blood, the feeling of intoxication rushing to her head.

"What kind of animals do you have?"

"M-mostly dogs, cats, fish and b-birds...W-we have a couple of *hiccup* horses, but d-dad usually takes care of them."

"Oh? Do you want to tell me about it?"

The answer never came as the girl's body went lax, her head now lying against his chest, her breathing deep and even. 002 could only smile, part out of relief, part out of the fact that she was at least at peace. He sat there for a while, playing with her hair as he thought, the petite figure was sure to be out for at least 6 hours.

'Her hair is so soft...Goodnight Brat.'

Hey there! I'm back! Sorry, but with school and all, it's near impossible for me to get on-line now. At least with term papers and my new on-line project. I'm making an original character dictionary, so feel free to send in characters, pictures, or stories! Anyway, also feel free to send in comments and ideas for this story, too. Anyway, here are my usual replies.

Queen of Duels: Yep! ^_^ They are both hotheads, aren't they? Feel free to send in more of your awesome ideas. As for my muse...he's working over time...*points to my overloaded muse in a mountain of papers with only one hand waving* He's catching up on all the work he missed on his strike. Anyways, thanks!

Wolfwood11: So far, it's Jet leading, so hurry! If you could make some suggestions, then go ahead. I'd love to hear them. Especially ideas on how to develop her personality more. And thank you.

MagicianCyborg: Thanks. How's this? Any ideas on how to develop their relationship?

Lor: Thanks. I'm trying to continue the story. I have a long way to go though...