Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ Family Matters ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SayinAngelPrincess: I am so sorry for taking so long to update *runs and hides in her secret hiding place*

Jet: Um why are you hiding? I don't think they're going to hurt you for taking so long o update.

SayinAngelPrincess: I'm not hiding because of that; I'm hiding because of what they might do after they read this chapter.

Jet: Oh I see

SayinAngelPrincess: Yeah so if you wouldn't mind could you please take care of the thank yous and the disclaimer?

Jet: Sure, SayinAngelPrincess does not own Cyborg 009 or Sakura for she belongs to someone else. Who, we don't know since they did not leave a name in the email they sent. She would also like to thank all those who reviewed and gave suggestions.

Chapter Four

Faith awoke when she felt her hand touch something wet and sticky. She cracked one eye open to see what it was thinking that maybe someone might have knocked his or her drink over while sleeping. What she saw was no drink.

It was blood.

Dark, wet, sticky blood.

She sat straight up, looked around the room and what she saw made her want to puke her guts out.

Everywhere she looked there was blood and not just any blood, it was her friends blood.

All her friends had been slaughtered in their sleep.

"It's about time you woke up."

That voice. No it couldn't be he was in jail.

Faith slowly turned around and saw Sean standing in the kitchen, which was adjacent from the living room, casually picking the dirt from under his nails with the butcher knife he had used to kill all her friends.

"You're supposed to be in jail you sick bastard." She growled.

"What can I say? I got out due to good behavior." He said smiling in the way that made her melt. "You know killing your friends while you slept wasn't much fun so I decided to save one of them till you awoke, so you could watch as I take away their life." His smile turned into a sick grin as he stepped away to reveal Jet tied to a chair and gagged.

Faith gasped in horror. "Please don't hurt him. It's me you want let him go." She begged, tears streaming down her face.

"No can do Angel Cakes you need to be punished and the only way to do that is to take away all your friends and loved ones." Sean laughed maniacally. With a disturbing look in his eyes he yanked Jet's head up by his hair, pressed the knife against his throat and very slowly glided it across causing a thin line of blood to appear. Sean then went back across the line making a deeper gash and causing more blood to pour out.

"No Jet, please don't die." She screamed as she ran over to her friend. "Please Jet don't leave me. Jet? Jet?! JET!" She screamed out.

Faith bolted straight up from where she slept, tears streaming down her face. She then felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her. Faith began to panic thinking it was Sean but began to calm down a bit as she heard the person, who held her, speak.

The person that spoke was none other than Jet.

"Shh it's all right I'm right here." She said soothingly.

She clung onto him and then looked around the room to see that all her friends were looking at her with worried looks on their faces.

"You guys are all right. I thought you were all dead." She cried.

"Faith are you all right?" Kelly asked concerned for her friend.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a really bad dream that's all."

"What do you mean you thought we were all dead?" Chang asked.

"I dreamt that Sean had somehow gotten out of jail early and killed you all while we were all sleeping. I woke up to see you all dead and Sean was standing in the kitchen next to Jet who was tied and gagged. He said I needed to be punished and to do that was to kill everyone I cared about then he slit Jet's throat." Faith began to cry again.

"Faith listen to me Sean is in jail. He can't hurt you or any of us." Kelly told her friend trying to calm her down.

"I know but what if he escapes? And if he doesn't, he gets out in a month and remember he said that he would make us pay for putting him away."

"Faith, there is no way he can escape besides we both put restraining orders on him so he can't come anywhere near us otherwise he'll be thrown back in jail." She explained.

"I guess I'm just over reacting." Faith chuckled nervously.

"You know that dream was probably caused by the movie we were watching last night." Geranimo said.

"You're probably right."

"Well since everyone is up I'll go start making breakfast." Chang said and proceeded to head towards the kitchen.

"I think I'll go get changed and go down to the gym." Faith said heading for her room.

Two minutes later she came out wearing her workout clothes and went downstairs.

She was so into doing her exercises that she had no idea someone had entered the room until they spoke.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Faith jumped and turned to face the intruder but sighed in relief when she saw whom it was.

"Jut you scared me."

"Sorry but I wanted to make sure you were really all right. You had us all scared witless when you started to scream in your sleep."

Faith blushed hoping that she didn't scream Jet's name in her sleep. "It was just a dream like Kelly said, but I was so scared when I saw the gang lying there in their own blood and when Sean placed that knife against your throat. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose you." She cried, her head placed against his chest wetting yet another one of his shirts with her tears.

'Does she mean me or the whole group?' He asked himself. He then decided to tell her how he felt even if it was at an awkward time. "Faith I know this is probably a bad time to tell you this but if I don't tell you I'm going to go crazy."

She sniffled and looked up at him. "What is it?"

"Well from the first moment I laid eyes on you I fell in love with you. I know it sounds lame but it's true."

"Are you asking me out?"

"Yeah I am. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Oh Jet I'm touched but experience has taught me that guys will go out with you until they either find someone prettier or turn into a psycho killer which ever comes first. I care for you a lot but I just don't want to jump into another relationship blindly you know."

Jet nodded with a hurt look on his face.

Faith saw this and felt a lump form in her throat as she felt the oncoming threat of tears. "I'll tell you what why don't we go out on a few dates as friends and see what happens from their."

Jet smiled a little. "All right."

"Breakfast is ready!" Chang yelled from the kitchen.

The two looked at each other and smiled.

"I'll race ya." Faith said.

"You're on."

"Loser has to buy dinner tonight."

"Are you asking me out on a date missy?" Jet smirked.

"Maybe, maybe not." She said with a hint of mischief.

"Whatever. Ready. Set. Go!"

They both took off laughing.

"I win." Faith giggled as she plopped down in one of the chairs catching her breath.

"I could have beaten you if I wanted to." Jet said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh really and how is that?"

"Simple, I could have used the jets in my feet and flown right past you." He smirked.

"Okay you two enough bickering and eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Chang said.

He had made eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and toast.

Faith just stuck her tongue out at Jet.

"Don't stick that out unless you plan on using it."

At this time everyone stopped eating and just stared at the two.

"Okay I want to know just what happened between you two down in the gym." GB said.

"Yeah, have you two hooked up?" Kelly asked.

"Nothing happened and no we have not hooked up." Faith told them.

Kelly was about to ask her friend another question when Albert interrupted her.

"Hey Kelly didn't you want to check out that new club tonight?"

"Yeah I did. Hey I've got an idea why don't we all go."

"We all can't go because someone has to stay here and watch Ivan since they don't let babies into clubs." Francoise said.

"I'll stay and watch Ivan. I don't really like going to clubs anyway." Chang said.

"Hey wait a second didn't you say your grandfather was coming home today?" GB asked Faith.

"Yeah he is but it won't be till way later tonight like midnight or so."

"So what are we going to do until we leave for the club?" Joe asked.

"Well for one thing you can all stop talking at start eating your breakfast. It's already starting to get cold." Chang scolded.

The group ate their breakfast while discussing what they were going to do. They had decided that they were just going to have a lazy day again and stay at the house until later that night when they were going to the club.

"Okay now I want to know what exactly happened between you and Jet in the gym room this morning?" Kelly asked. They were in Faith's room getting changed.

"I told you nothing happened. He just asked me to be his girlfriend that's all."

Kelly, who had been brushing her hair stopped and turned to stair at her best friend with her mouth hanging open wide. "You said yes right? Tell me you said yes."

"I told him I didn't want another relationship right this moment."

"Are you insane you should have said yes. He's such a total babe you'd have to be an idiot not to be his girlfriend." Kelly rambled.

Faith just glared at her. "Okay so I'm an idiot. Look we both agreed to go out a couple of times as friends to see if we really want to pursue a relationship with each other."

"You mean you really want a relationship with him?"

"Of course I do I mean I'm kickin' myself in the butt for not saying yes but I got scared that it would turn out like all the others or worse like Sean."

"I've seen the way he is around you and I can tell you, you don't have to worry about him turning out to be like Sean. Jet really likes you I mean I've seen the way he looks at you when you're not looking. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's totally in love with you."

"Hey I got a question?"

"Shoot."

"What's up with you and Albert?" Faith asked turning the tables on Kelly.

"What do you mean?" Kelly asked getting defensive.

"Hey calm down will ya, I was only asking because you two seem to be real close to each other."

"We just have many things in common that's all.

"Whatever."

"How is it you can see future relationships forming but you can't see your own?" Kelly asked.

"How I it you can see a future relationship for me but you can't see one for yourself?"

"Good point. Well let's go join the others before they think something happened and send in a search party."

The two young women laughed and left the room.

The rest of the day was uneventful until they left for the club.

"Wow check this place out. For a club that just opened up it doesn't seem to be doing so bad." Jet said as they entered the building and saw the large quantity of people inside.

Inside there was a massive dance floor, there was a bar in the back of the building and filling the rest of the building were tables and booths.

"Lets go see if we can find a place to sit." Kelly said and the group headed towards the back where they saw an empty table.

"You look really nice tonight." Joe told Francoise.

She was wearing a short, black, leather skirt with a light pink sleeveless blouse. Her blond hair was curled and she had a little bit of makeup on.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." She giggled.

Joe was wearing black leather pants, black shoes, and a tight white t-shirt.

Albert was wearing a long sleeved shirt with gray pants and black shoes.

Kelly was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white and pink shirt that read baby girl and brown sandals. Her blond hair was pulled back into a French braid.

Jet was wearing a red t-shirt with a blue jacket and blue jeans with brown shoes.

Faith wore a blue jean mini skirt with a green v-neck sleeveless shirt and black ankle length boots. Her brown hair hung loosely around her shoulders.

GB wore a simple button down tan shirt with black slacks and black shoes.

"Hey Faith you wanna go dance?" Jet asked.

"I'd love to."

They got up and headed towards the dance floor.

"Albert lets go join them on the dance floor." Kelly suggested.

"I don't think so. I'm not much of a dancer."

"Pwease?" She asked giving his the sad puppy look.

"Oh man Al's done for, nobody can resist the sad puppy look." Joe said and sure enough Albert caved in and agreed to dance.

Soon everyone was out on the dance floor having a good time. Even GB had found someone to dance with.

Faith looked over at GB and recognized the girl he was dancing with. "Oh my gosh Sakura." She yelled.

Sakura looked up when she heard someone call her name and saw Faith waving at her. She smiled and waved back. "Hey Faith didn't expect to see you here."

"Yeah well Kelly decided to come here with a bunch of our friends.

"Kelly's here?"

"Yeah she's here somewhere."

"I'd love to meet your friends."

"Well you've already met GB he's the one you're dancing with and this is Jet. I'd introduce you to the rest but they're all scattered on the dance floor. Why don't you come back to the table with us and you can meet the rest of the group when they come back."

"Sounds like a plan." Sakura smiled.

The four then headed back to the table where they waited for the others. When they got back to the table Faith realized that there were not enough seats.

"Oh man this sucks there's not enough seats for all of us to sit."

"Don't worry I can fix that." Jet grinned slyly.

"Oh and how's that? I mean thee isn't an empty seat you can just bring over here."

"Watch," he then sat down and grabbed Faith around the waist and pulled her down so she was sitting on his lap. "There, problem solved." He whispered in her ear sending shivers up her spine.

She turned her head so she could stick her tongue out at him again when she realized just how close their faces were. Her breath got caught in her throat and she started to feet butterflies in her stomach.

"Hey guys check out Joe and Francoise." GB said causing Jet and Faith to break the trance they were in.

"All I see is those two dancing." Jet said shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, but do people normally dance while in a lip lock with each other?"

"WHAT?!" The two exclaimed as they stared harder at the dancing couple to see indeed that the two were in a heated kiss.

"It's about time those two finally admitted their feelings to each other." Jet grinned.

"Hey who's the girl?" Pyunma asked nodding his head to a girl with short black hair and dark brown eyes that almost looked black. She wore brown leather pants with a white tang top with brown boots.

"Well since most of the gang is here let me introduce them to you. Everyone this is Sakura, Sakura I'd like you to meet Pyunma, Geranimo, and Albert. You've already met Jet and GB and of course you know Kelly already."

Everyone then said hello.

"So Sakura how do you know Faith and Kelly?" GB asked.

"Well I know Faith because our parents used to work together and were real good friends and I met Kelly through Faith."

"Yeah the three of us were really close like sisters and no one could separate us no matter what until that fateful night." Faith said trying to hold back the tears.

"What fateful night?" Albert asked.

"The night bout our parents died in a car crash. You see our parents decided to car pool since they were going to the same party and on the way there something happened to the engine causing the car to blow up." Sakura explained.

"That was when Faith was sent to live with her grandfather and since Sakura had no living relatives she was sent to a foster home." Kelly said seeing that the two girls were too upset to talk.

"Whoa apparently we missed something really big, mind filling us in on it?" Joe asked as he and Francoise joined the rest of the group.

"It's nothing to worry your pretty little heads off." Faith smiled sadly.

"Hey I think some congratulations are in order for you two lovebirds." Jet grinned causing both Joe and Francoise to blush.

"It's about time you two got together I mean it only took you six years to admit your feelings to each other." Pyunma smiled.

"So Sakura how's that family you're living with?" Kelly asked.

"Awful they have no idea how to be parents. They're way to prim and proper. I couldn't take it anymore so I moved out."

"Where'd you move to?" Faith asked.

"Well you see that's the thing, I moved out today without really having a place to move to."

"Well then you'll just have to come stay with me, grandpa, and the gang."

"You're grandfather won't mind?"

"Of course not, you'll just have to share a room with someone."

"I don't mind." Sakura grinned.

"Well now that that's settled I say let's get back to dancing." Jet said as he led Faith back to the dance floor.

The group remained at the club until about eleven o' clock when they finally went home. Once they got home most of the group went to bed leaving Faith, Jet, Sakura, Kelly, and Albert to be the only ones awake.

Sakura, Kelly, and Albert were in the living room watching TV while Jet and Faith sat on the roof looking up at the stars.

"I had a really fun time tonight." Faith smiled as she sat on Jet's lap.

"Yeah I had fun too." Jet agreed as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You know I was thinking."

"Oh you were actually thinking? Well that would explain the smoke coming out of your ears." He laughed.

"Oh shut up." Faith gently slapped him on the arm.

"Ok what were you thinking?"

"I don't think we should go on dates as friends anymore."

"What do you mean?" He asked, afraid of what she might say.

"Well while we were at the club I started to realize that my feelings for you were…." she never finished her sentence because Sakura had poked her head out the window to inform her that Dr. Gilmore was back, causing Faith to jump out of Jet's lap and into the house leaving Jet to stare at her retreating from with tears forming in his eyes as he thought that he had lost her.

Jet: Well that's it for this chapter. SayinAngelPrincess isn't here at the moment because she's hiding so she left Joe and me in charge.

Joe: Please read and review and try not to flame her too much. You don't want to scare her too much that she doesn't update.

Jet: Again she would like to thank all those who helped her defeat the evil writer's block and she hopes the next chapter won't take her so long to do.

Joe: Oh yeah and she's opened to any suggestions that you may have

Jet: So until next time

Joe: Bye-bye