Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ The start of the end ❯ Toughest cyborg!? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own what is mine, you own what is yours. Makes sense? Good.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 3: Toughest cyborg!?
~*Two weeks later*~
Everyone was comfortable in Kazumi's humble home, feeling refreshed and revived. Everyone except Jena. She had been out cold for the past two weeks without showing any signs of awakening soon, so they were forced to put a tube down her throat to feed her. Each day, the cyborgs would check on her briefly then go back to their occupations.
Today was different though, the sky was crowded with dark, ominous clouds and everyone stayed inside, leaving Albert alone to watch the girl. Her pulse was steady, her breathing slow and her skin slightly pale but today, Albert noticed a difference on the charts related to her strength.
`Complete?' he thought, his eyes widening a bit in surprise and he rushed out of the room to call Dr. Gilmore. Jena's eyes slowly fluttered open, a regular beeping reaching her ears as her sight slowly changed from blurry to normal. She tried to stand up but found her muscles almost paralyzed and something was really annoying in her throat.
Slowly, Jena put a hand on her mouth and felt a tube inside her throat, another tube under her nose to help her breathing. She forced herself in a sitting position and tried to pull the tube out when she heard footsteps and the door opened, revealing an adult with gray hair and gray/blue eyes. He was dressed with a blue sweatshirt and gray pants and had a glove on one hand.
He walked to the bed and gently took her hand off the tube, “I'll do it for you.” he said and started pulling the feeding tube out slowly but carefully. As soon as the tube was out, Jena lurched forward, feeling some acidic juice flowing out of her mouth and onto the covers.
Albert had stepped back just in time and watched in surprise, the young girl then wiped her lips and took short breaths, pushing her hair behind her shoulders and flipped it on her back again. The rain started descending from the clouds and poured onto the roof, the ground soaking up the water and the waves just hummed louder against the rocks.
Everyone was now aboard the Dolphin but waited in the cockpit, which was the most commonly used “room” so to speak. Gilmore and Kazumi went to meet with Albert in the infirmary, Francoise tagged along and silently entered the room after Gilmore, a nasty sight awaiting them.
Albert turned around at the sound, still holding the feeding tube which he quickly set on a table and Gilmore nodded to the door. Francoise walked to the bed and noticed the covers being covered by some stinking green yellowish liquid.
Jena, still crouched over, took in raspy breaths, her throat needing to get used of functioning without a tube in it. “How are you feeling?” asked Dr. Gilmore as Kazumi studied the various monitors and nodded to himself while Francoise took off the dirty covers and disappeared through the doors again.
Jena nodded slowly and tried to stand up again, Dr. Gilmore and Kazumi stared at her, even though they knew what Black Ghost was capable of, it seemed impossible this young woman could withhold such tremendous power. “Do you... remember anything?” asked Gilmore avoiding looking up into her bright blue eyes.
Jena swallowed painfully and closed her eyes, bits and pieces of images flashing before her closed eyes before she opened them again. “... What... was that place?” she whispered, shyly looking up, fear and questions dancing on her pupils. “Come with us.” said Kazumi opening the door as Gilmore lead the way to the cockpit.
Jena stood up and found her legs much more stable than what she would have expected, though her muscles were still sore from not moving for who knows how long. Kazumi waited for her to be in the hallway and shut the door again; Jenna looked around barely remembering she had seen something similar to this before.
Gilmore was about to enter the cockpit when he heard a `thud' and turned around, seeing Jena on her knees, one hand on the wall for support. Kazumi knelt next to the new cyborg and helped her up gently, a couple of faces peeking into the hallway when a loud snort was heard.
“And that's supposed to be the toughest cyborg?” frowned Jet, “Don't make me laugh.” he spat and turned around, going back in the cockpit. The other cyborgs exchanged nervous glances and followed Jet, only Pyunma took one last glance at the girl and went back in.
Jena's eyes were a bit wide, he had said cyborg but... he hadn't even treated her like a human! He called her `that' and it made her mad. Jena stood up swiftly, ignoring the throb in her muscles and she proudly walked inside the cockpit and stood without shame at the door, her eyes locked on Jet.
The room fell silent, eyes looking up at Jena while Gilmore and Kazumi quietly closed the door behind them. “Jet, you should apologize...” whispered the girl with blond hair while holding a baby. The one called Jet turned his glare on her and crosses his arms on his chest, “Why should I?” he replied stubbornly.
Jena clenched her jaw and her fists, that arrogant punk! `Who does he think he is?' she thought angrily and started walking towards him, glaring as hard as she possibly could without her eyes falling out. In a flash, she was in front of him, everybody in the room -including herself- had wide eyes.
“Ho- how did I?” she muttered and slightly pushed Jet's chest away from her since she had gotten really close to him all of a sudden. Jena's eyes only widened more when she noticed he went flying to the other end of the room and clanked into the wall before collapsing on the metal ground.
Everyone stayed stunned in the cockpit, an awkward silence echoing throughout the room. Jena stared at her hands in fear, `W-why--? H-how come--?' she thought distressed, her legs and arms trembling slightly. The silence was so thick and heavy a knife wouldn't have been able to cut through it. `I've become a monster!'
Without warning, Jena dashed towards the door, but this time at a normal pace. “Wait!” shouted Albert, his hand raised to try and stop the fleeing girl, but his efforts were pointless. Soon Jena was in the hallway and she ran and ran through unknown corridors, hoping one of them would lead to an exit.
Tears blinded her sight, `What's going on? Why are they treating me like this?' she thought, stopping at a dead end. “Find her! We still have questions to ask her!” said Gilmore as the cyborgs exited the cockpit to go search the Dolphin for the strange girl. Jet slowly sat up and rubbed his head, “What the hell-- is her problem?” he muttered, his body aching.
Gilmore and Kazumi exchanged looks and coughed before sitting down in chairs as Francoise rolled her eyes at Jet and followed Gilmore with 001 in her arms. “She truly is amazing. It seemed she was even faster than Joe...” thought Gilmore out loud, Francoise nodded “And her strength is amazing as well. 005 looked awestruck.” she added.
Jena wiped her eyes and let herself sink on the ground, hugging her knees tightly as she hid her face in the darkness provided. `Why is this happening to me?' she bit her lip sadly when all of a sudden, she heard footsteps approaching and wished she could become as tiny as a mouse, or better yet: invisible.
Pyunma stopped and looked down the corridor Jena was hiding in and scratched his head. “Where could she have gotten to? We looked everywhere.” he seemed to be talking to someone else. Jena blinked, surprised, `Can't he see me? I'm right in front of him!' she thought bewildered.
Looking down at her feet, she couldn't see them. `What!?' she started to panic, what was going on? What was happening to her!? Standing up quickly, her breathing getting quicker and quicker, she tried looking at her hands but it was like staring at the wall. Pyunma turned around, hearing something move though he couldn't see it.
Jena's panic rose; trembling, she backed up into Pyunma who looked around almost fearfully “Who's there?” he called, one hand going to his weapon. Jena pushed her way past him and ran down another corridor, her invisibility disappearing. Pyunma stared in disbelief and called the others on their transmitter.
“Everyone be on your guard! She has an invisibility device! She's headi--” but the rest Jena didn't hear for she was too far away. She was back to normal now. But why!? That person said she had an invisibility device... What the heck did that have to do with her? She couldn't have a device. Hello, humans are... humans?
After running back and forth between corridors, hallways and dead ends, Jena caught a glimpse of a tall door. `It's my last hope.' she thought, feeling like a chased rabbit with the light at the end of the burrow being obstructed by hunters. Oblivious to the fact her breathing wasn't as heavy as it should be, she carefully opened the heavy metal door.
Grunting softly, Jena managed to push the heavy door open and saw waves gently flopping against the ship. She must have rushed to the wrong side of the ship if they were surrounded by water. Did it matter? No. She would swim to the furthest shore as long as it took her away from these weirdos.
“She opened the door on the left side.” called Jet from the control center of the ship where a light was blinking. The chasing cyborgs then hurried towards the only door on the left side leading to the outside, only to see the end of a blue scarf disappear in the water as a `splash' noise reached their sensitive ears.
“Did she just--?” questioned Pyunma as he and the others ran to the door to see the waves slightly perturbed by swirls but no trace of a girl. “So? What's happening?” inquired Jet in his transmitter from the cockpit, “She jumped.” replied Albert with a small frown on his lips.
Jet scoffed, “Whatever... At least she's not our problem anymore.” he shrugged, truthfully quite happy at such a turnout. “On that you're quite wrong 002.” said Gilmore on the transmitter, “She is our problem. What if Black Ghost hasn't been exterminated? What if she suddenly turns around and attacks us?”
A short side glance answered Gilmore, “008 please go and try to find her, and see if she needs help.” asked Gilmore before hanging up. “Gotcha.” said 008 as he dived in the sea, the cyborgs returning to the main bridge though Albert stayed behind to help Pyunma back on the ship later.
Holding her breath, Jena kept swimming farther and farther, really not noticing she would be out of air by now if she were still normal. At last, she broke the surface, about to take a deep breath of fresh air when a wave submerged her head and she swallowed water instead, but found she could still breathe.
Her eyes widened, `What!?' she went back under water and took a breath, indeed, she could breathe. She felt like a fish. `What did they do to me?' she thought horrified as she pulled herself on the sandy shore, the sun disappearing behind rain clouds as the night fell upon Japan.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Aaaah! I had to rewrite this entire chapter since... the dramatic moment the computer lost everything that was on it the moment the mother board exploded... Fortunately I had burned a CD with most of the stuff so... I had the basic idea... I really love my long term memory. *sighs in relief*
To go in details or not to... Let's just say school is horrible because of all the homework and I need a vacation already, after 3 weeks of school... English has long term projects all over the place, history has notes 2 hours average every 2 days, math has hw every night, chem has tests every week... I hate junior year!!! ... And I'm not taking that many AP's too... though independent study... oh yeaaah still need to do that... >.> Darn.
So an update... sorry for the looooooong wait but the last review motivated me :) and I must admit, after spending an entire day on a term paper rough draft... I deserve a break right? Procrastinating for history notes but oh well, I'll start at 11 pm like yesterday. ;D
Crystal Remnant: Lol I'll try to update as soon as I can... but it might be a long, long, long, long, long time from now... from when I answer your review... yeah... school is a pain... *sigh* But I'm glad you like the story so far! I still need to think of an ending... hmmm...
Narutosgirl: n.n Yay! Another addict-- I mean, reviewer... :P I'm trying to... write as fast as I can but it's proving difficult because of an evil cult called school. Homework all the time and term paper stuff due tomorrow! o.o Wow... I better get started... I'll update when... I'm... ready I guess... Thanks for reviewing!