D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Twilight ❯ Casting(Sub plot:Twilight) ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter three: Casting(subtitle: Twilight)
 
 
As Sabrina suspected, she found Satoshi on the roof of their school. He stood there, arms folded against the railing, looking out over the large grounds of the school. Even as she walked towards him, his posture did not change, as if he hadn't noticed she was even there, but she knew better.
She smiled and then stopped, back to the railing, looking the opposite way of him, “Hey, Satoshi.”
“Hello,” he said without turning to look at her. Sabrina could tell he smiled by how the side of his face that was turned her, how the corner of his mouth curled up.
“Hey, Satoshi,” She replied,” So what are you doing up here?”
Would you believe me if I told you I was trying to escape the others?” he asked, finally looking at her.
She thought for a moment, then shook her head, “No.”
He laughed, “I didn't think so.”
“So why are you really up here? Hiding from reality or just wanting to alone?”
“With you around? You could track me down even if I was in another dimension and you have-“
“And vica-versa, Satoshi.”
He nodded,” yes and vica-versa. No, It's not to be alone. Just….to think.”
“About the play?” she asked, no surprise in her voice whatsoever.
Satoshi looked at her with a faint smile, “Read my mind did you/”
“No, just a question, that's all. Well?”
“Yes, about the play,” he was silent for a few moments then, with more than the usual amount of confusion in his voice, he asked Sabrina, “Why did you pick Dark Twilight?”
“What do you mean why? It seemed like the best story for our class to do. We have the vicious spoiled prince, the manipulative sorceress. We have the thief and the spies….”
“And the kind-hearted thiefress and the young nobleman who loves her,” Satoshi said, looking at her sideways.
She sighed,” not quite. We still don't have someone who will play Lucius. Between Sesshomaru and Akira and,” she looked at him, “you, it's kinda hard to tell who'll be picked. You'll all so…….perfect for the part.”
Lucky for her she didn't have to explain herself because just at that moment Daisuke, as well as Seto, Ban, Blackdra and Hiei, came up onto the roof, all carrying lunches.
“Sabby, Satoshi, there you two are,” Ban said as the four of them sat down, “We were looking for you.”
Sabrina smiled, happy not to have to explain, and the five of them started to eat and talk about things. Satoshi, slightly confused but perfectly okay with that, just sighed and joined the conversation.
 
Soon lunchtime was over and everyone had to return to class though. Sabrina arrived late, as usual, but her reason this time was actually pretty good. She'd gotten ambushed by a group of girls. She'd gotten away unscarred, so she sat down in her seat.
The teacher sighed, “Alright now we will have a rehearsal for who will be Lucius Kanamori, the nobleman's son. First up……. Sesshomaru. Sabrina please come up as well.”
Sabrina got up and stood in front of the class with her book. Sesshomaru got up as well, slightly nervous but not letting his face betray that. He smiled at her and she smiled back, then looked at the teacher,” What scene?”
“Pick one, it was your idea,” the teacher said.
She nodded and looked in the book,” Alright lets do when Cassandra meets Lucius…..”
She materialized a book for Sesshomaru and they started to read.
“I'm sorry, milady, I did not see you as I was coming,” he read. His voice was solid, but emotionless.
“You should be,” she replied, suddenly angry. Then she pouted, “ Noblemen like you are all the same, you think us peasants and workers are nothing.”
“You make assumptions too easily, my dear girl,” he said.
“Oh do I? Tell me then, have you ever stop to think for just a moment what the people you rule over feel about you?” Sarcastic now. It was amazing how fast Sabrina could transition between emotions, each one perfect.
“Well….no,” Sesshomaru genuinely sounded confused, which he was.
 
This went on for quite a while, next was Akira, who sounded too mean, then there was Satoshi.
He stood up and took the book. He smiled at Sabrina who returned it, then started to speak the scene he was assigned,” Cassie, please, don't turn your back on me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you of all people hated me.”
It almost surprised her how good he was, almost, “I'm sorry Lucius, but…..I can't stand by and watch my friends get hurt. If this is truly what you want, if you would put defeating the prince at any cost even before our friendship…..I can't stay with you.”
The whole classroom was frozen in suspense as the two talked, each perfectly in their parts, Sabrina as the upset saddened Cassie talking to the one she once thought as friend, Satoshi as the confused but equally upset Lucius trying to convince her to not leave. By the end everyone knew the truth: Satoshi was the one made to play Sabrina's counterpart.