D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming Wings ❯ A meeting to be destined ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Dreaming Wings :a DNAngel fanfic
 
Okay this is a stupid idea, but I'll do it!
Prologue:
 
 
The night was quiet, quieter than ever before. No clouds in the sky, a bright full moon glowing and yet…..Dark had yet to have appeared.
Easier that day he had sent an warning letter, saying that he would, at precisely eight that night, would steal the statue Dark Abyss. Immediately, the police went off to try to stop this, not noticing the second letter that lay there. It was plain, with two feathers in it, a white one and a black one. It told of another that would also try to steal the Dark Abyss statue, but of course the police didn't realize this until it was too late….
 
Chapter one: A meeting to be destined
 
(Okay, lets rewind!)
Morning, a school day. Daisuke had overslept, again, and now was running franticly, hoping to whoever was up there that the train wouldn't leave yet, that he would get there on time. His school bag hung over one shoulder and was still open. Daisuke noticed this and, in too much of a hurry to close it, just clenched it close and continued to run.
He got to the platform just as the train was leaving. He went after it, trying to got on. He almost didn't make it when….
A hand shot out and grabbed Daisukes hand. It pulled him in and onto the train. When he got on, He took a breath, tired out then sat down.
“Wow, you're tired, aren't you?” said a voice. It sounded like a girls, “Well you did have to run a lot, and you did almost miss the train, so I guess you would be.”
Daisuke looked up, right at a girl. She had jet back hair that shone slightly in the sunlight. Her eyes were as red as blood, an unusual color for eyes, and had a strangely calming, yet chilling effect. She wore a school uniform and had a bag slung over her shoulder, like Daisukes. Around her neck was a necklace, three intersected crescent moons with a pair of black wings at either side.
“Um, are you the one who helped me?” he said, kind of mesmerized by the girls strange eyes.
The girl smiled and nodded, “Yes. I saw you through the window and just couldn't help but want to help you.”
“Oh,” Daisuke said, “Oh, yeah, by the way, my names Daisuke, Daisuke Miwa, and you?”
“My names Sabrina Nightshade, nice to meet you, Daisuke,” the girl said.
“Nice to meet you as well, Sabrina,” Daisuke said, smiling as well.
/Ohhhhhh, have you found a little girlfriend, Daisuke? Now, now, what about Risa?/ said a voice. it was Dark again.
Daisuke blushed slightly/Dark! She's only a friend!/
Dark snickered/Friends can become otherwise./
But Dark stopped talking and let Daisuke and Sabrina talk, and they did, even after getting of the train. Sabrina had told Daisuke about herself: that she was new, she lived with her older cousin Felix, and that was going to the same school as Daisuke. Daisuke had listened intently, unaware of the trouble the girl would bring to him, Dark, and even Satoshi and Krad.
They got to school just on-time and went to their class. Daisuke went in first, while Sabrina waited to for the teacher to introduce her. Daisuke sat down in his seat, put down his bag, and sighed, resting his head on his arms. He looked out the window.
/Soooooo, did you found a new crush, or is she “just a friend” like you said?/ Dark said, laughing.
/She's just a friend, really! But then again…/Daisuke said
/What, Daisuke?/Dark said, intrigued.
/I don't know. I just get this weird feeling from her, but it's probably nothing./Daisuke said.
“Students, I'd like you to welcome a new student. She just moved her from Nagasaki.. Miss, please come in,” the teacher said.
Sabrina came in and went over to the board. Daisuke looked up at her. She saw him and smiled, which made Daisuke for some reason blush.
“Now miss, please write your name on the board and introduce yourself,” the teacher instructed.
“Okay,” Sabrina said. She turned around and wrote her name down. She then turned back around, “Hi, my name is Sabrina Nightshade, and I just came from Nagasaki, as the teacher said. I've been to two other schools this year, but they didn't work out, so I was sent here. I like the night, and also people who live within its shadows.” When she said this, her blood red eyes seemed to glow.
The teacher nodded, “Okay, why don't you go take that seat, yes, right next to Miwa.”
Sabrina nodded and took her seat. She turned to Daisuke, “Hello, Daisuke.”
“Hello, Sabrina,” Daisuke said.
Suddenly the door opened. Standing in the doorway was a boy, with light blue hair and glasses. Behind his glasses were sky blue eyes, which normally would probably be so cute, these eyes were dark and almost angry. The boy came in and sat down, but not before throwing an almost evil smile at Daisuke and glaring at Sabrina.
“Who's that?” Sabrina asked, not taking her eyes off the boy.
“Oh, that's Satoshi Hiwatari,” Daisuke said.
“Satoshi, eh?” Sabrina said, “Weird. I could of sworn….Nay.”
She shook her head and said no more, except when the teacher asked questions, where Sabrina would have her hand up quieter than anyone else and always had the right answer. By lunch, she had already proven one thing, she was not a normal girl.
Lunch came and Daisuke left, his lunch in hand. He went outside to the courtyard and sat under a tree to eat. He had just started to eat when….
“Why are you sitting all alone, Daisuke?” Sabrina said. She had appeared from behind the tree. Daisuke got a shock and looked at her.
“Oh, hi Sabrina,” he said, his voice still shaky from the shock, “I, um, well….”
Sabrina sat down, “Mind if I eat with you then? I'm new, so I don't really know anyone, besides you, Daisuke.”
“It's okay with me, Sabrina,” Daisuke said.
Sabrina smiled and unwrapped her lunch, taking out two apples first. She handed one to Daisuke, “Here, have an apple.”
Daisuke blinked and took it, “Thank you.” He took a bite from it.
 
Satoshi was watching Sabrina and Daisuke from the school building, a scowl on his face.
“Who is that girl?” he thought, walking away now, “She seems normal, but…”
/Master Satoshi,/said a voice, calm, trickily kind. It was Krad.
“Get out of my head,” Satoshi said, clenching his head.
/Now, now, Master Satoshi, don't you want to know what I think?/said Krad, laughing, biting his time trying to get out.
“No,” Satoshi said, falling down, still clenching his head.
/Oh, Master Satoshi, but I know why that girl seems so much different then the others,/ said Krad, evilly.
Satoshi sat up, “I don't want your help.”
 
Sabrina looked up at Daisuke as he started to leave, “Lunchtime is over, come on, Sabrina.”
“I'll come later, go ahead,” Sabrina said. Daisuke shrugged and went off, leaving Sabrina.
Slowly she got up, and got her stuff. She walked up to the school and into the building, but instead of going towards the classroom, she went to where Satoshi lay, still battling with his Other.
Satoshi looked up at her and sneered, ”Wh-wh-what are you doing here?”
Sabrina answered, her voice calm and kind, ”I saw you watching us in the window, then disappear. I thought maybe you needed help.”
She held her hand out for Satoshi to take. Satoshi stared at it then slapped it away. He got up and didn't even look at Sabrina, ”No thanks.”
Sabrina blinked then laughed. Satoshi turned to look at her. She looked at him and smiled, “You're funny. You're Satoshi right? Daisuke told me. I'm Sabrina, wanna be friends?”
Satoshi was surprised by her direct way. He unknowingly blushed, and started to walk away. Sabrina followed him.
He turned around, ”Who are you really?” His eyes were sharp and cold and staring right into Sabrinas without so much as a flinch. She smiled, and stuck out her tongue, “I'm Sabrina.” She grabbed Satoshis arm and dragged him with her to the classroom.
“Let go of me,” Satoshi said, angry.
Sabrina let go, “Ok, ok, don't have to be angry.”
Satoshi got up, opened the door and got in. Sabrina followed him in and went over to sit next to Daisuke. Daisuke looked at her, “Where were you?”
“Helping out someone,” Sabrina said.
Daisuke sighed, knowing that she wouldn't probably tell more, and went back to schoolwork.
School ended quickly and everyone left. Satoshi still was mad at Sabrina, though he still couldn't shake this feeling he had, a feeling he had never quite felt before. Why did that girl try to help me, and how was she able to know where I was? he thought, she definitely is not what she seems.
Daisuke and Sabrina left and went back to the train platform. They got onto the train and sat down. Daisuke was still wondering what Sabrina had been doing with Satoshi, but he didn't ask. He talked with her, but he didn't expect her next question…
“Hey, Daisuke, can you tell me who is this Phantom Thief everyone's talking about?” Sabrina asked.
Daisuke blinked and looked at her, “Why do you ask?” His voice was slightly shaking.
“Because, all the girls were talking about him and that weird reporter boy was talking about him too. Who is he?” Sabrina asked.
“His name is Dark, and he steals objects that are said to have something special about them,” Daisuke explained, “Most of the girls love him just because to them he's cute.”
“Oh, and what do you think of him?” Sabrina asked.
“I don't really care,” Daisuke said, ”I don't hate him, like police or some of the boys do, but I don't think he's that great, like the girls do.” Like Risa does, he thought.
“Oh,” Sabrina said. She smiled then looked out the window, “Well, I'd like to meet him one day maybe. He sounds very…..interesting.”
Daisuke looked at her, confused somewhat. The train stopped and they got off. It was then that the two went their separate ways. Sabrina waved to Daisuke one last time then went running, back home. Her eyes were glowing strangely as she ran so fast, she seemed almost a blur.
/Dark, what do you think of Sabrina?/ Daisuke asked his other side as he walked home.
/I think she likes you./Dark said, laughing,/And you like her back./
Daisuke blushed,/Dark!/
Dark laughed again,/Well, you did seem a bit too friendly with her./
/All we did was talk!/Daisuke said.
/And sit next to each other on the train, in class, and during lunch./ Dark said.
Daisuke sighed,/I guess,/ and opened the door to his house. As he did, his mom, Emiko, jumped out and hugged him, “Welcome home, Dai.”
“Hi, Mom,” Daisuke said, trying to get out of his moms hug. He broke free and fell back. He looked up at his mom and got up, “Please tell me I don't have to…”
“Yes, Daisuke, you do. I already sent the warning letter,” Emiko said, closing the door after Daisuke got in, “Tonight, at eight right on the dot, you are going to steal the statue Dark Abyss.”
Daisuke sighed and went up to his room. He knew it was no use arguing with her after the letter is sent. He went into his room and was greeted this time by With, his little rabbit friend. With looked up at Daisuke from the couch as Daisuke went over to his desk. He put down his bag and then sat down on the couch, nearly sitting on With.
“Q! Q, q, q!” With said, trying to get out from under Daisuke.
“Oh, sorry, With,” he said, getting up. Daisuke sighed, “I might as well change now.”
He took a picture out. It was of a girl, Risa. There was a pounding in his chest. He closed his eyes and…….
“Finally,” said Dark, stretching his arms. He got on his thieving outfit and went outside, With following right behind. It was getting dark, night was coming.
“Time to go, With,” Dark said. With turned into black wings on Dark and into the sky they flew.
It was 15 minutes after eight and Dark still hadn't shown. The police was getting irritated, thinking this was a joke, but one of them, a certain 14 year old chief commander, knew it wasn't.
Satoshi was getting angry, “Where are you, Dark? Why haven't you come?”
 
Dark was at the church. He just playing with the police for a while before going. He was about to go when…
“Black wing, black wing, tell me a tale,” said a voice. Dark turned around to face a girl. She had black hair with blood red eyes with streaks of purple just barely visible above the red, eyes that mesmerized Dark the moment he saw them. She wore all black and had gossamer black wings that seemed to reach to the heavens. She was looking straight at Dark, her eyes glowing almost.
Dark smiled, and flew over to her. He took her hand in his own, “Why, hello. Now what might a beauty, such as you, being doing out here?”
The girl laughed, “I was waiting….for you.”
Dark looked at her, “Waiting for me? Do I know you?”
“No, I'd think not,” The girl said ,”But I think I know of you, my dear Phantom Thief. May I ask your name?”
Dark smiled and kissed her hand, “I am Dark, Dark Mousy. And you?”
“I am Lorana Nightingale,” the girl said, smiling. She pulled her hand out of Darks with another one of her strange smiles.
“Nice to meet you, Lorana,” Dark said.
Lorana then did the weirdest thing she had yet. She asked a simple question, “Who do you think can get the Dark Abyss first, you….or me?”
Dark looked at her, surprised, “You're out for the Dark Abyss too? Well,” he thought for a moment, “Why don't we see?”
Lorana laughed, “I like how you think. First to get the statue wins. Winner takes it, loser doesn't! Ready?”
Her wings ruffled. Dark smiled, sure he'd win…
“Set…”
Lorana was ready.
“GO!”
The two flew out, as fast as they could. They saw each other and smiled, then flew right to the museum.
It must have felt like they were under attack. Two thieves, coming from different directions. it was chaos! Police everywhere, but no one able to stop them. Satoshi had snuck back inside and was now waiting in the room with the statue. He waited quite a while before…
A black figure flew in. At first, Satoshi thought it was Dark, but as it neared him, he saw otherwise. There, standing, before him, was Lorana, smiling, “Oh, hello. And you might be?”
“I am the Chief Commander, Satoshi Hiwatari. Who are you?” Satoshi wanted to know. Where was Dark?
“I'm Lorana, nice to meet you, Chief Commander,” she said politely. She took another step towards him.
Satoshi looked at her, “Great, so why are you here?”
“For the same reason my friend Dark is here, to steal the Dark Abyss,” Lorana said, “Why else would I be here, Satoshi?”
For some reason, when Lorana said his name, it sent a chill down Satoshis spine. He shivered slightly, but didn't break his gaze from hers. He smiled, “Well, you're not going to get it.”
Lorana laughed, her eyes glowing with delight. Was she actually enjoying this? Satoshi thought. As if to answer his question, Lorana came even closer, so close, Satoshi could hear her breath, “And who's going to stop me?”
“I will,” Satoshi said.
Lorana smiled and laughed. She stepped back, laughing, “Great, I always love a challenge, but before you try, I suggest you first find a way to get along with your Other.”
Satoshi was surprised, no, more than that. He was confused, shocked, and even a bit annoyed. How does she know about Krad?
/Master Satoshi, don't be surprised,/Krads voice said/This girl knows a lot she shouldn't./
There was the pounding, different from when Daisuke had felt it, and yet the same. Satoshi gripped his chest, /No. please, no, not now…/
Krads voice was laughing in his ears, as Satoshi changed, changed into the golden haired, golden eyed, white winged angel himself. Krad smiled at looked at Lorana, who in turn was still smiling herself.
“Now, tell me,” Krad said, “How did you know about me?”
“The same I knew about Daisuke and Dark,” Lorana said, “I sensed it in Satoshi, I sensed YOU, dear Krad.”
Krad laughed. He was amused by this girl. In her was great power, the same great power as that other girl, Sabrina. She might be the thing I need to capture Dark, he thought.
But Lorana had heard that, “Oh, dear me, Krad, I believe you just thought wrong. You see,” her wings ruffled again, “I'm not here to catch Dark, and I have no wanting to. Just to steal the Dark Abyss for now, and get in Darks ways a couple of more times later on. Now if you don't mind,” Lorana picked up the statue. She put in under her arm, “I'll be leaving now. Bye, bye, Krad.”
And with that, and before Krad could stop her, Lorana flew out, leaving Krad, now turning back to Satoshi, alone in that room.
 
Lorana laughed as she and Dark met back up at the church, “I beat ya to it, Dark!”
Dark stared at her, then the statue, then her again, “But how?”
“I tricked the Chief Commander into one of my trances,” Lorana said with pride, “He fell for it, and wasn't even able to stop me as I took it.”
“You talked to Hiwatari?!?! And he LET you take it?” Dark said, surprised. He had only just met the girl Lorana, but already she seemed to be just as good of a Thief as he was. Plus, she had just gotten out of a confrontation with Hiwatari/Krad without so much as a scratch on her. This girl is amazing, Dark found himself thinking, surprised by these words himself.
Lorana smiled, “I guess that means I win, Dark.”
Dark sighed and nodded, “Yes, I guess it does.”
He turned to leave when he felt Lorana grab his arm. He looked at her, “What?”
Lorana put the statue in his hands, “Here, you keep it. You probably will have better luck protecting and sealing this piece than I will.”
But before Dark could object, Lorana disappeared in a tornado of dark feathers, and Dark, just like Satoshi, was left all alone.