D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Garnet and Ametheyst ❯ And the Fangirls Squeal ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Garnet and Amethyst
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own D.N.Angel or InuYasha
 
 
Summary: Daisuke and Dark have their share of problems in the past year they've been a part of each other. What happens if one of them includes being stuck 500 years in the past? Crossover with InuYasha.
 
Warnings: This is a Dark x Dai and InuKag fic with some one-sided Satoshi x Dai and Riku x Dai. No likie the shonen-ai/yaoi/guy on guy-ness then I suggest that you not read. =3 No flamie! I warned you!
 
GUIDE:
“Talking”
Anyone thinking
`Dark/Krad thinking'
“Dark/Krad talking”
 
Chapter Five: And the Fangirls Squeal
 
Tuesday
 
“I'm beginning to wonder how the kid puts up with you,” muttered Inuyasha as the tachi continued onward.
 
“What was that, mutt face?” Dark smirked, glaring daggers at the hanyou's from in front alongside Kagome.
 
“You wanna say that to me again!?” he whirled around to face the kaitou using Dai's form. “C'mon! You're pissing me off!”
 
Dark still smirked, not loosing his composure. “Who was it again that said that I was useful? Who was it that would rather have me along? Now I wonder who that was?”
 
Furious, the red-clad hanyou clutched onto the kaitou's shirt. His growls were now emitting deep from within his throat. All that Dark could do was to keep his smirk. He knew once his tamer awoke he'd get a lecture. First it was the monk who started to act like he knew everything. It was what pissed the Phantom Thief off. Who was he to stand there and be so presumptuous and think that he and his tamer were in any involved with one another? Even though, he couldn't deny that fact it was his new found deepest desire since facing the truth about his feelings about Daisuke. Then, he got bored. They had been walking for hours and he was bored. So relieve himself from it, the kaitou had picked a target. In many ways, the hanyou was just as entertaining as Commander Hiwatari back in Azumo.
 
Before anything could actually escalate, he felt Daisuke begin to stir in the back of their mind. Sighing out of frustration and thankfulness for getting his chance to rest, he pulled out of Inuyasha's grasp. “Good thing for you Daisuke's waking up, mutt face. It's been fun harassing you for the past six hours.”
 
“Wh-What!?” his growl increased to a snarl. “You think that you can juat leave after what you started!?”
 
“SIT BOY!” Kagome yelled.
 
Daisuke rubbed his eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. He looked down. There he was Inuyasha, face down, in a three foot deep hole. “Are you okay, Inuyasha?”
 
`Heh heh heh…'
 
Didn't I ask you NOT to pick a fight with him!? DARK!
 
`But Daisuke,' Dark whined, `I got bored! You know how I get when there's nothing to do!'
 
The teenage sighed. He knew it was no use to argue with his other self on this one. It was true, some of Dark's more dangerous stunts were always performed during the times boredom hit. One time, if memory served right, Dark thought it would be fun to stay about half an hour after they had completed their theft and allow the police to chase him around. It wouldn't have been so bad within itself, but the kaitou hadn't planned on Krad making an appearance. Then it had gone from bad to Hell… Dai still remembered the three days with the flu he got from landing in the river. He shuddered. No, a bored Dark is a scary Dark. You made your point.
 
`Great. I'm going to be sleeping. Wake me up if anything interesting happens, all right, Daisuke?'
 
Got it. “I'm really sorry about him.”
 
The hanyou scowled, rubbing his jaw that hit a rock when he did that face plant. “He's just lucky that you two aren't separated. Then I'd give the bastard a piece of my mind.”
The red-head laughed nervously. Kagome began to scold Inuyasha about how he should apologize to Daisuke since it wasn't the teen didn't do anything to deserve the hanyou's foul mouth. Inuyasha countered, saying that the comment wasn't aimed at the tamer but at the “annoying prick personality.” Daisuke turned to the others of the tachi. He caught Sango and Mirokou trying to hide their laughter.
 
“Are they always like that?” he asked.
 
“They wouldn't be Inuyasha and Kagome if they didn't fight,” Mirokou smiled.
 
“But that's what makes… Mirokou… what are you doing?” the demon hunter hissed. “Remove your hand…”
 
Daisuke blushed at the monk's look on his face. The smile never wavered nor did he remove the hand from behind Sango. It didn't take a genius to figure out what his hand was doing. In the next instant, however, the hand was gone and at the monk's cheek. Even though Mirokou had earned the blow from the demon hunter, he rubbed it fondly. That smile still didn't go away. Daisuke laughed at the not so tender display of affection. The two females were just older versions of Riku.
 
A wave of uncertainty hit the boy. He inwardly frowned at it. Truthfully, he felt bad about breaking it off with her; he didn't want to hurt her. Yet Daisuke knew it would be equally wrong to lead her on with a false sense of the relationship. He was stuck this time. The tamer forced those feelings out of his head. He'd figure this out when he got back to his time, if he got back that was.
 
“Can't we take a break Inuyasha?” Shippo whined.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
`Stop this, Satoshi-sama!' implored Krad. `You cannot be serious!'
 
“How many times do I have to say `shut up' to you?” hissed Hiwatari, “It will work, Krad.”
 
`I have no doubts about that,' he scoffed. `It's distasteful.'
 
The blunette looked at the cell in his hand. From all the research he had completed and from what the girl, Kagome, had told him about this Tree of Ages, he needed something that connected him to Niwa in order to get him back. He had nothing but the fact that both boys were tamers. He had nothing of Niwa's so that wouldn't work, but there was someone that they both shared a bond with.
 
He sighed and dialed the Niwa household. As if on cue, the high pitched voice of the Guide of Eternity, preferably called Towa-chan, answered. “Niwas! May I ask who this is?”
 
“Hello, Guide of Eternity,” Satoshi answered.
 
Her voice lowered into a barely audible whisper. “Have I done something?”
 
“No. I am only asking for your help, Towa-chan.”
 
“That's very unlike you,” Towa-chan frowned. “What's wrong?”
 
“It's Daisuke,” the teen said evenly.
 
There was dead silence on the other end for a full minute. “I'm on my way, Hikari-sama.”
 
He hung up on the Guide. The girl would help him if Niwa was in trouble, this he was certain of. Also, if anyone was able to cross the bridge of time, it would be her. That was what she was created for. She would always be a guide to where ever someone needed help finding. Hiwatari needed help in finding Niwa. The reason Krad was bent out of shape over it was because he found the girl abrasively annoying.
 
`Very well, Satoshi-sama, but if I will not be held responsible for my actions should I find her displeasing.'
 
Satoshi rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Do you know where Wiz is?”
 
`The vermin? I believe it got carried away by the annoying one with short hair. Why do you care?'
 
“I sort of feel sorry for the rabbit. He has to spend all this time with the Haradas and Takeshi.”
 
Krad chuckled sadistically. `Not even I could inflict such delicious torture. It seems that I don't have to kill the thing for it to be in pain.'
 
“Careful, Krad,” the tamer warned. “If you keep thinking this way, I'll make sure that Towa-chan ends up as a permanent fixture at my home.”
 
`You wouldn't dare!'
 
“Try me,” he replied curtly, picking up a book and turning to the marked page. Why go anywhere? The Guide of Eternity would come to him. Then he would be able to go and get Niwa.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
“Are you ready yet, witch?” Kagura spat impatiently.
 
“Silence wench!” Tsubaki hissed. “This takes time!”
 
“You've had over twelve hours!”
 
The dark priestess ignored the incarnation of Naraku. She continued to make the lines around in the small hut provided by the evil hanyou. Everything had to be exact; if it was not, then there was a possibility that Naraku's goal would be compromised. If that were to happen, then she would be killed. There would be no opportunity to take the Shikon Jewel if that were the case. It all fell on this task.
 
She had sacrificed the purest raven for this, spreading its blood to create the spell with one of its feathers. However, she was missing the final ingredients to the piece. Tsubaki placed the blood-stained feather down in the center then turned to Kagura. “It is done. Go and bring what I need here.”
 
“That brat?”
 
“Unharmed, might I add. Do not get carried away,” glared the dark priestess.
 
Kagura snorted. “Whatever. I can't guarantee it.”
 
“If one drop of blood is spilled from that boy before he gets here, all will be ruined! I highly doubt that you can afford this to fail, am I not correct!?”
 
“Tch,” was the only reply that Tsubaki received. “What of Inuyasha and his-tachi? I don't see why Naraku is going so far to do this when I can just take it…”
 
“You and I wonder the same thing. This seems odd to me, but I don't want to take the chance, do you?”
 
The incarnation pulled the feather from her hair. “No…”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
“DAISUKE!” wailed the youngest Harada.
 
Wiz flinched. Risa's voice was so high and harsh to his sensitive ears. The girl had been bothering him all day. It was always, “Daisuke do this” and “Daisuke do that.” Now the girl wanted him to accompany her to Dark's next theft, whenever that would be. Wiz, not being able to really respond, just smiled.
 
“Don't you dare, Risa,” Riku frowned. “He's a pervert!”
 
“How can you say that!?” Risa said, looking appalled at the very thought of “her” Phantom Thief being perverted.
 
“I have my reasons!”
 
“You're just jealous of me because Dark is so dreamy!” the younger twin said, a glazed over look in her eyes.
 
“Good grief!” Riku snorted. “Why would I want that perv!? He goes around fooling with every girl's heart, Risa! Why can't you go for someone that is normal, like I did?”
 
“Niwa isn't normal,” Risa commented. “He's so polite and kind.”
 
“You're just saying that so he'll agree to go with you! You can't fool me!”
 
“No I wasn't! I meant it!”
 
Wiz looked at the two girls arguing. They had completely forgotten he was there. Now, if he could just sneak out without them noticing, he could get to Daisuke and Satoshi's room to hide. Hoping they were too into their fight (they always did revolve around Dark and Daisuke), he started to move a little down the hall. He thought he was going to get away, when a firm grip was placed on his shoulder.
 
“Where do you think YOU'RE going?” Riku frowned.
 
“N-nowhere,” Wiz smiled, inwardly wanted to cry.
 
“That's what I thought.”
 
(A/N: Poor Wiz! I feel so bad for you! Always abused…)
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Dark was actually satisfied to be asleep. He wasn't one to ever dream, but he was having such a nice one. It had to be a dream because no way could he really be caressing his tamer's cheek. No way could he be really looking into his fiery red eyes that were staring directly into his own lovingly. Daisuke couldn't have his arms around the kaitou's neck, playing with the strands of hair at the back of his head. It was all a dream, but he didn't want to wake up from it. He probably wouldn't have either, but his tamer's screams couldn't go ignored forever. `What is it, Daisuke?'
 
If you'd wake up, you'd realize we've been ambused!
`How long have I been out?'
 
It's almost sun set. We came upon this little village because Inuyasha thought he smelled Naraku here. Then all these bodies started to move on their own! They can't fend them off. There are too many!
 
Dark nodded. `Got it. I might have to use some magic…'
 
Then do it!
 
Dark took control. Sure enough, there were animated corpses attacking the Inu-tachi. He took in his surroundings. Mirokou was using his staff to knock them away. Sango and Kirara were tag-teaming it, using an array of attacks. The demon hunter was rotating between a small katana and her boomerang, Kirara catching some of the undead in her jaws. Inuyasha was slicing away with his Tetsaiga, Kagome at his side using her bow and arrow with Shippo on her shoulder. The little cub was petrified. He frowned, running to Mirokou's aid. “What did I miss?”
 
“Ah, Dark-san!” the monk managed between attacks. “These corpses are beig controlled by Kagura's Dance of the Dead.”
 
“Where is that witch then?”
 
“We have yet to see her. Kagura seems to have gone all out this time. I'm afraid that this may not turn out well if she doesn't show up soon.”
 
Dark, I see her! Daisuke cried.
 
`Where!?'
 
Over there standing by the remaining huts!
 
The kaitou scanned the area. Most of the huts had been destroyed or were burning down at the moment. It was trashed. She had slaughtered and entire village just to trap the tachi and it pissed Dark off. He was going to get her for this. That's when his eyes locked onto hers. She was standing there smirking at him, pretty much out of sight, but nothing could get past the eyes of a thief. Kagura's smirk widened, enticing him to go after her.
 
“What the lady wants, the lady gets. I see her, monk and I'm going after her.” Dark said, taking off toward the wind witch.
 
“Be careful, Dark-san!” Mirokou warned. “We'll catch up!”
 
Not really paying any attention to the perverted monk, Dark raced toward Kagura at top speed. She lifted her fan into the air and he pulled out the feather and began to chant. Kagura whipped it around, the air currents trashing the remaining huts. Silently cursing, Dark concentrated on a shield to block out the pieces of wood that were coming in his direction. When the debris disintegrated, the kaitou looked frantically around for the she-demon.
 
Behind us!
 
“What!?” he turned his head around and violet bet soulless red.
 
Kagura smirked at him. “You should be more aware of your surroundings, brat.”
 
Then everything went black.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Before the kaitou could react, her fan connected to the back of his head. Kagura caught the unconscious boy with her spare arm, putting away her fan with the other. This had been far too easy to her liking, but the witch would take what she got. She pulled the feather from her hair and it grew. The hut wasn't far away and she needed to leave some trace of the boy's scent. But how…
 
“Kagura!” Inuyasha yelled. “Let the kid go! He ain't a part of this!”
 
She grinned. Scratch that. They would follow her. Kagura took off and in mere minutes she was in front of the hut. Tsubaki was there, waiting for her ingredient. Without warning, the witch picked up the boy and walked up to the dark priestess. “You have only a few minutes. The hanyou will be here soon.”
 
“That's all I need,” she replied. “He goes to the center of the room.”
 
Kagura followed the priestess inside. She set the boy surprisingly gently down. The witch glared at Tsubaki. “Get on with it.”
 
“Patience. Leave the hut.”
 
Once the incarnation left, the priestess knelt by the red-head. She took out a small dagger that was provided for her and made the smallest of cuts on each of his wrists. Tsubaki then took the feather that the boy was clutching onto, knowing it was of his other half's. She dipped it carefully into each cut. Standing up, she left the hut and shut the door.
 
Kagura watched only half heartedly as Tsubaki held the feather and began to chant. It seemed to be stanza after stanza of a language that had died a long time ago. The hut began to glow crimson, each line and figure made inside the room visible from the outside. When the glowing increased and the words died on the dark priestess's tongue, she took the dagger and sliced the feather in half. The glowing turned from crimson to a dark purple hue and increased. “It's working.”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Dark? Daisuke moaned. Dark!
 
Nothing could be heard in the dark of the mind the Niwa and the kaitou shared. Dai began to panic slightly. He needed to know that Dark was here and safe with him. DARK!?
 
`I'm here, Daisuke,' the Phantom Thief replied, grabbing a hold of his tamer. `I'm sorry…'
 
For what? Daisuke asked, looking into violet eyes.
 
`I was careless. She got us… She got you… I'm so sorry Daisuke.'
 
Stop it! It's not your fault at all. We're in this together, so it's just as much my fault as yours, got it?
 
Dark laughed, pulling Daisuke closer. At this point, he didn't care. He was feeling as though he was going to be ripped apart from his tamer. If that was the case, he wanted this little moment.
 
Daisuke, on the other hand, was blushing like mad. Was Dark actually holding him? Was it out of comfort or guilt? Dark…
 
`Yeah, Daisuke?'
 
All of the sudden pain filled Daisuke. It was like something was trying to tear him in half. He was trying desperately to cling onto Dark, but the kaitou was out of reach. His sight went bleary and dark. The boy's senses were being filled with pain, burning like a dark white flame. Nothing could feel like this.
 
Then, it stopped. Daisuke opened his eyes and saw nothing for a few moments. When his vision came into focus, those same red eyes that lead him here were looking at him. Unable to move, he passed out from exhaustion.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Inuyasha was getting fed up with these dead bodies. He shouted out a string of curses as he cut down the last one. Kagome, Mirokou, Sango and Kirara were already at his side. Without a word, the tachi took off in the direction that Kagura had carried their new friend off in. They were not about to hand him over.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
A knock came from Satoshi's door. He looked through the hole. A girl with silvery hair and bright lively green eyes stood out there, patiently. Towa-chan had arrived. He undid the latch and opened the door. Hiwatari suddenly cringed. A pain shot through his entire body. It was like a flame inside of him. The pain was almost worse than when he would transform into Krad. What was causing this? Did it have something to do with Niwa?
 
`Something is not right, Satoshi-sama,' Krad said.
 
“I know…” Satoshi muttered before collapsing at the doorway, right into Towa-chan's arms.
 
“Hikari-sama!”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
The Inu-tachi reached the place. However, Kagura was nowhere to be seen. What they did see was strange enough. Trees had toppled over just recently and the hut that lay before them was ruined. It looked as though it had been consumed, obliterated.
 
“Daisuke!” Kagome instinctively called out. “DAISUKE!”
 
“Strange…” Mirokou frowned. “I have felt this aura before… That dark priestess, Tsubaki.”
 
“DAISUKE!?” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“He's not here…” came a voice from the shadows.
 
Kagome ran over to the source of the voice. By one of the fallen trees was an older teen. He was pretty eat up from the looks of it, bruises already beginning to form on his skin. Long violet tresses whipped around his head and she looked right into eyes the color of amethyst. They looked blank and pained. Otherwise, he would've been considered very attractive to the teenage girl. He was pretty down right sexy really. She shook her head to clear out those thoughts. Instead of thinking about how hot this guy was, she needed to be thinking about her friend. “What do you mean?”
 
“They took Daisuke, dammit! What the hell do you think I mean!?”
 
Inuyasha growled. “And just who the hell are you?”
 
Mirokou looked at the teen. “What happened here, Dark-san?”
 
A/N: Fwee for chapter number five! I know I am a little vague with the battle scene, but I really want ya all to use your imagination a little. I see it in my head but have a difficult time expressing. Heh heh. There have it though, dark's first appearance.