D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Garnet and Ametheyst ❯ The Fragile Heart ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Garnet and Amethyst
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own D.N.Angel or InuYasha
 
Summary: Daisuke and Dark have their share of problems in the past year they've been a part of each other. What happens if one of them includes being stuck 500 years in the past? Crossover with InuYasha.
 
Warnings: This is a Dark/Dai and InuKag fic with some one-sided Satoshi/Dai and Riku/Dai and I just noticed that there is some slight one-sided Krad/Satoshi. No likie the shonen-ai/yaoi/guy on guy-ness then I suggest that you not read. No flamie! I warned you!
 
GUIDE:
“Talking”
Anyone thinking
`Dark/Krad thinking to Daisuke/Satoshi'
“Dark/Krad talking”
 
 
Last time…
 
The red-head frowned. Naraku placed a chaste kiss on the boy's young lips. “Never mind, Dai-chan. You have proved yourself loyal to me, my pet, and now as a present I will give you them to have your revenge.”
 
Fear froze Dark and Satoshi solid as a serene, yet sadistic smile spread across the Niwa's face. “Thank you for the gift, Naraku.”
 
“Shit…” Inuyasha said.
 
Chapter Eleven: The Fragile Heart
 
With Wiz
 
The familiar twitched his nose. Something was really wrong. He could feel it all the way from the tip of his long tail to the top of his equally long ears. It was like someone was touching him with ice. Wiz knew it had to be something amiss with his master and Daisuke. The rabbit was becoming more and more nervous as the feeling worsened, almost paralyzing his limbs with the tingling feeling.
 
He could only pace around the room. Wiz didn't exactly want to dart outside and see all those people again, but then there wasn't anything he could do even if there weren't out there ready to pounce. No matter how he wanted to go and help, there was no way that Wiz could actually arrive in the past. Towa was there, and the rabbit was unsure about her usefulness in the situation. If anyone should be there, it should be him! He was Dark's wings! Surely he could do something, couldn't he?
 
With a slight thump, the familiar resigned himself back on Daisuke's unused bed. Nope… He was stuck. Wiz raised his head and looked out the window and simply hoped the feeling was nothing more than that, a feeling…
 
Back in the Feudal Era
 
“Daisuke?” Dark called out faintly.
 
The words didn't even reach the red-head by the unwavering look upon his face. He pulled himself from the evil hanyou's possessive hold and took several steps forward. His former affection and friends weren't sure what to do. They didn't want to hurt the once tamer, but did they really have a choice? Satoshi frowned. “Why Niwa? We're not here to fight you.”
 
“Too bad…” came the reply.
 
His crimson colored eyes dimmed. They were no longer full of the light and innocence that had drawn in the kaitou and the police chief to him in the first place. Those eyes were void of anything but hate and revenge. It hurt both of them to see their little Dai, always cheerful and happy, standing before them with the look of a killer in his eyes.
 
The red-head smirked and lifted his arm. A dark indigo light emitted from a spot in his wrist. “Because that just makes me angrier…”
 
Naraku reached forward and caught the boy on the arm. “Forgive me for interrupting, Dai-chan, but I would request to take care of the Inu tachi. Surely they are of no concern to you?”
 
Daisuke pondered this a moment and nodded. In the next instant, Naraku moved away, conjuring a miasma barrier. The red-head grinned vilely and glanced at the two in front of him. “No interruptions on that end then. Shall we?”
 
PAGEBREAK
 
“What the hell is your game Naraku!” Inuyasha growled.
 
“I wish for my pet to only fulfill the desires of his heart without you interfering, Inuyasha. I'm hurt that you would think the boy more a threat than !” Naraku chuckled. “Do you not wish to avenge your Kikyo?”
 
That was all it took for Inuyasha to loose it. He unsheathed Tetsaiga and lunged for Naraku. Kagome, miffed by the mere mention of her soul's former carnation, pulled back on her bow string. With one eye shut, she aimed for the jewel shard. She released and the arrow soared towards the target, plumes of purifying energy spouting from the tip. Just as Naraku moved out of the way of the Inutaisho's fang, the arrow grazed his head, cutting off some of the dark locks. The strands fell to the ground and he eyed them. His glare feel the the one responsible. Mirokou whispered to the girl. “You know you just pissed him off, right Kagome?”
 
“Yeah… Hair like that must take forever to grow…” Sango nodded in agreement.
 
“HEY! Are ya guys just gonna sit there or are ya guys gonna help me with this bastard!?” the inu hanyou hissed at the others in his tachi.
 
Sesshomaru, on the other hand, had a much different approach to the issue. He lifted two emerald glowing fingers into the air. The taiyoukai released his whip, which Naraku blocked with a well-timed miasma cloud. Sesshomaru growled and darted forward, Tokijin ready to strike. The hanyou dived beneath the blade, his speed increased from the two shikon fragments. He delivered a blow to the demon lord's armor, knowing that his own poisonous touch would melt some of the metal away. However, before it could be fully eaten, Sesshomaru thrust down the sword into the evil hanyou's back and twisted the blade, retreating slightly and backing away from said opponent. Naraku hissed, half of it anger, half of it pain. This could take a little while to heal and it annoyed him that the taiyoukai had so easily turned it around. Naraku noted that he would have to remember that when trying to disintegrate the remaining levels of that armor.
 
“Wind Scar!” Inuyasha yelled, inwardly thanking his half brother, not that he would ever admit to that.
 
There was no reaction time for Naraku as the blast hit. He yelled out in anger and pain as it tore into his flesh, cutting all the way to his sensitive tissues, blood pouring out from every gash. No one cheered though. They knew that it wasn't over yet, but they had hoped that it would buy them some more time. Sango took out her small katana to make a quick charge for their enemy while there was the confusion in the dust that the fang had made. Her attack was cut short as a pale arm grasped her wrist and twisted.
 
As the dust faded, there Naraku stood, his hand on the demon hunter's wrist. He was completely healed, haven taken the time to invoke on the jewel's power yet again. Sango yelped at the grip and he smirked. He threw her aside as if she were nothing more than a play thing that a child got bored with. Mirokou sprinted to catch her. All he ended up doing was breaking her fall, and nearly causing himself more bodily harm than needed.
 
Mirokou glanced at Sango's wrist as Kirara and Inuyasha faced off with some “aide” by Sesshomaru. “It's broken…”
 
“Damn it!” she growled. “Just wait `til I get back in there and…”
 
The monk smiled at her rant as she picked up her boomerang with her left hand. It was no surprise she could use either hand; supposed it would be necessary. He composed himself and refrained from rubbing her butt and stood at her side, ready to get back in the fight. However, before they could even take a step forward, a gust of the poisonous wind flung them backwards. Naraku smirked. “That's two out of the way.”
 
Kagome looked in the direction of her fallen comrades. Shippo bounded over to them, as if to keep his adopted mother's attention away. The kit would do all he could to help with his tricks. Actually, it got the girl from the future even more focused. Determined, she pulled another arrow back. “Inuyasha!”
 
“Got it!” he answered, following after as soon as the arrow was shot. “Wind Scar!”
 
At the same moment Sesshomaru summoned lightning from Tokijin. The two attacks blended and formed a tornado of yellow light and lightning. Kagome's arrow instantly purified the surrounding miasma barrier and the two attacks sliced away at the tachi's common enemy. Naraku was thrown into one of the castle buildings and it instantly collapsed. Dust and debris mingled with poisonous gases spiraled in the air. The gases lit on fire as reaction to the lightning, forming a pillar of fire.
 
“Did we get him?” Inuyasha huffed.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
“Daisuke…” Dark sputtered, blood dripping from his lip. “Why? Why are you doing this?”
 
Daisuke knelt by the damaged kaitou. He took this other half's chin and used his thumb to wipe the blood away. The red-head drew his lips close to Dark's. “Why? I will tell you why, Dark. It's because I've finally found someone who doesn't act like I am some helpless being.”
 
He pulled away, smacking the violet-haired teen across the face. “Unlike you and Hiwatari… This isn't that much fun. I wanted a decent fight.”
 
“Then perhaps I might be able to oblige, little Niwa?” the voice of Satoshi's other half said, half mockingly.
 
There was no response from the red-head. He was just staring at Dark, who was holding his cheek in quite the defeated position.
 
“Are you ignoring me?” he hissed, throwing a single white feather.
 
Daisuke laughed, not the warm welcoming giggle that everyone was so used to. This one was harsh and cold. He swung the jewel-possessed arm into the attack and shattered the feather as if it were glass. In the next instant, Daisuke threw back the attack right at Krad. Of course he took into the air. “At least you take me seriously.”
 
“Should I not, Niwa?” snorted Krad.
 
“It is a change…” The red-head snorted and glared back at Dark. He was looking at him with eyes filled with confusion. The thief hadn't even fought back when Daisuke first struck him. It bothered him slightly that the teen wouldn't struggle. In all honesty, he had no desire to fight Krad. It was really only Dark. Only Dark caused the pain in his arm to increase and the darkness and anger in his heart to bubble over the edges. It was pissing him off to no end. He picked up said kaitou. “Fight back!”
 
Dark shook his head and Daisuke, in a fit of rage, threw another shikon powered punch into his gut. An odd and eerier glow surrounded Dai and his yes were slowly becoming less red. His nails were also growing and becoming sharper. The jewel was having a greater effect on the kid with each passing moment. Daisuke then kicked the same spot as soon as the other had fallen to his knees, sending him crashing down several yards away. Dark coughed up blood, hurt and desperate for his own life, but not willing to fight. Instead, he looked up. Violet looked up to crimson. “I can't…”
 
“Why the hell not!?” Krad growled, fed up with really being ignored, actually helping his enemy up. “You want to die, Dark?”
 
“It's Daisuke!” Dark shot back. “Could you attack Hiwatari if it was him!?”
 
“Yes!”
 
“Krad!”
 
“The boy is not the same Daisuke!” the fallen angel argued. “Are you so thick in the head that you did not notice!? Every time you refuse, he sinks in deeper into darkness!”
 
“What?” he asked in a barely audible whisper.
 
“At this rate you won't even be able to get him back! The only way to get your precious former tamer back is to fight and remove whatever it is that this Naraku placed inside of him.”
 
“You're being uncharacteristically helpful, Krad,” Daisuke hissed, voice filled with venom and walking toward them at a quick pace.
 
“You believe so?” he mused, pulling out another feather. “I only like proving that I am superior to the idiot. That and you pissed me off for ignoring me.”
 
“I suppose I should give you some attention, right? It's the least that I can do!” Dai grinned maliciously, a dark aura buzzing around his arm as he poised to attack.
 
“Indeed!” Krad threw the feather.
 
It exploded to the boy's right, tearing through pieces of Dai's loose shirt. Dai growled and tackled the dark light before he could take to the air. They rolled three or four times, Daisuke found himself on top throwing a punch into his opponent's face. Before the fist could hit the target, Krad disappeared into a ball of light, hovering a distance away. Dai's attack created a small crater into the ground. He flipped back up into a standing position, awaiting the white-winged demon to reveal himself. The red-head didn't have to wait long before a barrage of white feathers starting to rain down on him. Without even thinking, Daisuke threw up a barrier or pure dark energy. The tiny feathers exploded harmlessly against it and he dismissed it to chase after Krad.
 
Dark watched them, trying to figure out what Krad meant. Was he really to blame for his former tamer's state of mind? He didn't know what happened to turn Daisuke against him… Yet here he was, watching someone he loved putting up a good fight with Krad. It was something that Dark even had some difficulty with, but it was no problem for the red-head. Clearly, whatever possessed his Daisuke still had a part of Daisuke insight. He had to reach that part of him, but how to do that? Dark snapped, a plan already coming to mind. He grinned and looked back to see how Krad was fairing, knowing that he couldn't stay like that for too much longer. Hiwatari would be taking over again any second. He didn't expect to see the sight his eyes met though.
 
Hiwatari, apparently, wouldn't get the chance to take over from the kaitou's perspective. Daisuke had clipped Krad's wings effectively, just as the teen planned it. The fallen angel would not be able to fly any longer and using any more magic would harm his tamer. Dai smiled wickedly. He was enjoying this. It may not have been his intended target, but it was working to some extent. He charged at the blonde; those nails turned claws glowing with the tainted shard embedded in his wrist. A surge of the power from the demonic portion within filled his body and he sliced across Krad's chest. Krad fell backwards, heaving with eyes filled with heated rage and tiredness. Daisuke crouched beside the white and blonde beauty and looked at his blood stained hand that had created the cut. With his free hand; he shot down into Krad's abdomen, sending the dark crimson fluid squirting out of the newly formed hole. Daisuke rose and stepped on the wound, causing the victim to wail in pain. The boy was raised his fingers to finish the job when a hand grabbed his wrist. He glanced at the offender, meeting the amethyst eyed thief. “That's enough. I thought that it was me that you wanted.”
 
Daisuke made a swiping motion and Dark leapt backward out of the way. The boy turned his position to face this new opponent. He looked at his hands then grinned. Dai brought his fingers to his lips. His tongue darted out and over the finger to the tip, making a clean trail through the mess. “Oh… You are…”
 
“I just want to know something first.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“What did Naraku give you to do all of this?” Dark asked.
 
“He never answered me,” he admitted.
 
“How do you know that you can trust him?” the kaitou pressed.
 
“I trust Naraku since he actually wanted me around. He noticed me! Something no one else seems to do!” Dai hissed, sprinting at the other at such a fast pace Dark almost wasn't able to move out of the way. “He gave me the chance to prove I'm not worthless!”
 
“Who never noticed you?” Dark asked, dodging another punch.
 
“Everything is about you, Dark! Risa has eyes only for you!” he yelled, his anger rising and speed increasing. “Riku only cares to find out if I am you or not! Mom only wanted a son so that you could exist! She could care less about her offspring if they couldn't have you as a part of their lives! Even Hiwatari is only concentrated on capturing you and I thought he was actually worried about me… What a load that was… Then there's you!”
 
To say that Dark was shocked was an understatement. He had no idea that Daisuke had thought this way before. The kaitou was so stunned he didn't even realize that he had been tackled to the ground. “What about me, Daisuke?”
“You are the cause of it all to begin with and then even you act like I'm something you want to get away from! You make fun of me all the time, Dark! I hate you! I hate you so much!”
 
Dark finally noticed the position that they were in. “Couldn't tell that from down here…”
 
Daisuke growled in anger and Dark took the opportunity to take advantage of that. With one swift motion, he successfully pinned down a struggling little thief with dimmed red eyes and fiery hair. “I'm so sorry that you believe that, Daisuke. I hope that once this is all over you will be able to forgive us all for making you feel like that and I hope that you'll open up to me more. I wish you would've told me that…”
 
“You're so selfish…” he hissed. “Why don't you just leave me and go to your precious little Harada twins!?”
 
“Why would I do that?”
 
“Now you finally can be since you have your own body! Aren't you happy!?”
 
“No.”
 
“What?” Daisuke shot. “So selfish that it's not enough for you?”
 
“When I told you that, it wasn't Riku or Risa I was talking about, Daisuke. Sure, I started out in love with Riku and I somewhere I felt something for Risa, but it all faded away. There's only one person for me and that's you. I could never say anything because it was impossible…”
 
“Liar!”
 
Dark fought with the struggling Daisuke. The boy was squirming to get away. Dark didn't understand why he just didn't use the power given to him. Perhaps he was stirring up something within? His heart hurt so much for his little red-head and now he finally understood. He understood how Daisuke could turn so seemingly easy. Dark lowered his head into the crook of the boy's neck and for perhaps the first time, allowed tears to pass his eyes. At that moment, he stopped struggling. “Why are you crying?”
 
“I'm so sorry Daisuke. I never meant to cause you so much pain. I love you so much that to see you like this hurt me as much as you are… Please forgive me… I just want you. That's all…” Dark said, lifting his head to look at Daisuke.
 
The boy remained silent and Dark thought that his eyes seemed brighter. Dark brought up one hand and cupped Dai's cheek. Very slowly and gently his pressed his lips against his former tamer's.
 
PAGEBREAK
 
Naraku frowned. He needed that final shard. If he did not complete the jewel he would, eventually, lose this battle and everything. Nothing would get in his way. He was already slowing down with his healing powers. Kagome's arrows were starting to purify the two giant shards and that just simply would not do. The evil hanyou was bleed in various spots, but at least he looked better than his foes. Inuyasha's red haori was completely discarded, deep crimson staining areas of the white he wore underneath. There would probably be a scar where Naraku attacked his eye. If he hadn't shut his eye before the attack, the inu hanyou probably would've lost it.
 
Mirokou and Sango were still out cold as well as Kirara. The two-tail had reached her limit, badly battered and perhaps even poisoned. Shippo had dragged them all away when he was given the opportunity and was trying to treat them even as the battle raged on. Kagome was tired and her aim was beginning to waver. There were several cuts on her legs and arms, but Inuyasha had been guarding her most of the time. Naraku couldn't land an attack without the mutt unleashing the Backlash Wave just before it could hit.
 
Sesshomaru was without his armor now and Tokijin forced into the ground. The sword had reached its limit as well. He was physically fine to the average person, though some dried blood from Naraku was on his claws, making his nose scrunch up in disgust.
 
The evil hanyou felt something stir in his connection with the boy. He was starting to waver. Naraku frowned at the thought. He had hoped that the darkness and uncertainty in Dai's heart would be stronger than that. Surely the kaitou would not have figured he was the cause of it all, would he? Deciding not to take the chance, he brought down the barrier only to see that the very kaitou was on top of his pet. Furious at the display Naraku appeared at the scene and threw Dark away from the boy. He swiftly picked up Daisuke in his arms. “That was courageous of you, kaitou.”
 
“Leave Daisuke alone!” Kagome yelled, bringing up her bow once again.
 
“Stop! You'll hit him!” Dark hissed and he rose to his feet.
 
“He's working for that bastard! He's fair game!” Inuyasha growled, getting Tetsaiga ready.
 
“See, Dai-chan?” Naraku purred into the boy's ear. “They care nothing of you. You are merely an obstacle in their path.”
 
“But… Dark…” he murmured.
 
“He is the cause of all your pain. Do you think that one kiss and a confession can take all of it away?”
 
“Stop messing with his mind!” Dark screamed, as he allowed his own wings to burst through his back. In all honesty, he always had wings. He preferred to use Wiz only because of the strain it put on his hosts' bodies.
 
“Wind Scar!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“NO! DAISUKE!”
 
The attack hit all right, but it didn't have any effect. Naraku had constructed a barrier just in time. When it cleared and he lowered it, he smirked. “You would attack him to get to me?”
 
“He's on your side ain't he?” the hanyou scoffed.
 
“Indeed,” Sesshomaru agreed with his claws ready and poised.
 
Naraku laughed and whispered to the boy's ear. “Thank you for bringing me such a beautifully tainted shard, Dai-chan, but your usefulness to me ends now.”
 
The evil hanyou grabbed the Dai's wrist and used his nails to cut into the flesh. Daisuke screamed while Naraku resurrected the barrier to prevent anyone from stopping him. His nails dug around, mauling the soft skin and tissues until he yanked out the black jewel shard. Then lowering the barrier, he threw the pain ridden boy at Dark, his gaze never wavering from the gem. “What a beautiful color…”
 
Dark caught Dai and concentrated on at least closing the former tamer's wound before he bled to death. He glanced up as the two huge shards and the tiny shard floated in the space about Naraku's hands. They glowed and melted together, becoming fully complete once again. Dark had finished the task and picked Daisuke up, flying him to a somewhat safe distance within the outer barrier of the castle. He set Daisuke down softly and pointed at him. Daisuke didn't look too pleased. “Stay.”
 
The kaitou returned to the tachi as they battled on. Nothing was even touching him now. Was the shikon truly that powerful? Dark pulled out a feather and started to chant. He was going for a paralysis spell. Hopefully it would immobilize the hanyou just enough for him to steal back the jewel. However, Naraku noticed the change in the aura. He appeared behind the thief and charged his own aura into and attack that would pierce the kaitou right through. “Now now, kaitou… I can't have you doing that now can I?”
 
Dark whirled around with enough time to block that attack. Naraku tried again, Dark managed to get out of the way with only an injured wing. The third time it was his arm. Every time one of the three remaining from the tachi tried to attack, Naraku would send them flying into the distance with a miasma cloud. Dark was losing speed and this next one was a sure hit. He'd be damned if he didn't go out fighting though! However, as the evil hanyou descended for the final blow, a lump threw itself onto Dark's chest, causing him to lose balance and fall. No one had noticed someone with red hair running towards the battlefield when he caught sight of the two fighting.
 
Sesshomaru saw and opening and went for it, engaging the irritating hanyou into battle once again, determined not to fail like all of the others.
 
The kaitou looked down at the shield and saw red. All he saw, in fact, was red. It was something about teenaged sized with unruly crimson locks. On the boy's back was a very badly bleeding injury. Blood was seeping out and staining the white shirt the kid had been wearing. Naraku's attack had gone straight through. His eyes shot open. “DAISUKE!”
 
Two bleary garent eyes looked at him. “Hey…”
 
“What did you think you are doing!?”
 
“I needed, “ Dai coughed, spitting up blood, “to say sorry… And that I d-don't hate you… I-I c-could never h-ate y-you…”
 
“Shut up! Keep talking and…”
 
“I d-don't care… Anymore…” he muttered, his eyes flickering to stay open and alert but obviously failing. “J-just so y-you know… I… L-love you too… Dark.”
 
The boy collapsed unconscious into the kaitou. Dark frantically shook him, almost violently. He was desperate. Daisuke, HIS Daisuke, couldn't die. Not here… Not now… Not after just telling him he loved him too, damn it! “DAISUKE!!”