D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ i'll come back for you ❯ i'll come back for you ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'll Come Back For You
by: lidd0 Taurus

Fr0m the auth0r: This is my first Fanfic so I hope it’s all right. I’d like to thank my sisters, best friends and friends who pushed me to write a fanfic (which turned out to be this) and supported me. Anyway, my Fanfic takes place both of modern day and back then of royalty. Just a heads up so you don’t get confused or more like…WTF is going on?!… Without further ado, I present to you “I’ll Come Back For You”. Enjoy!

St0ry: Riku and Daisuke are lovers from different kingdoms. A war breaks out between the Niwa and the Hikari Kingdoms. Before Daisuke leaves for war, he vows to come back for Riku and marry her. Five years later, Riku’s parents arranged her marriage with Prince Dark. She doesn’t know how to tell Daisuke. To make the situation harder on her, things start to get hectic. What is Riku to do? Don’t miss out! daiku? dariku? darisa?

Prologue: the day we’ll meet again

>> harada castle: library
*knocking at the door*
“Come in,” answered a fourteen-year-old girl with short brunette hair, turning the page of a book.
She was laying on the dark red carpet with the book opened out in front of her. Sitting on a soft, leathered, white sofa next to her was her younger twin sister, who had long brunette hair. She, too, was reading a book.
The door of the library opened slowly as a middle age woman in a purple dress with a white apron entered, “Sorry to interrupt, Princesses, but it’s almost time for bed.”
“Alright,” responded the older twin, closing the book and getting up from the floor.
“Thank you for telling us, To-To,” thanked the younger twin as she got up from her seat.
To-To smiled as she held the door for them to leave.
“Ahh…” the younger twin yawned as she put her hand over her mouth, “I’m tired.”
“Haha… It was a good thing To-To came in to tell us it was time for bed when she did, huh Risa?” asked the older twin as they headed up the stairs.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”
“You’d probably end up sleeping on the sofa and snoring with the book left opened on your face!” she joked with her sister.
“That’s not funny, Riku!” Risa snapped.
“Okay, sheesh… You didn’t have to be mean about it,” Riku apologized as they reached their bedrooms, “Good night, brat.”
“Urgh… whatever… good night,” she responded as she opened the door to her bedroom and closed it behind her.
Riku shut the door of her bedroom and sat down on her bed, waiting for everyone to settle into their beds.

>> nearly midnight
It was nearly midnight when she thought everyone was sound asleep. She grabbed her cloak and quietly opened the door. She peered out into the hallway, ‘Good… coast cleared.’ and closed the door. She walked quickly and silently as she could, making her way towards the stable when one of the guards on patrol caught her sneaking out,
“Princess Riku? What are you doing up late? Shouldn’t you be in bed?”
“!” Riku jumped at the sound of his voice, “Oh… it’s just you, Sano,” letting out a sigh in relief.
Sano had been a guard at the Harada Kingdom for 2 years ever since he set foot on the castle grounds at age 15. He was two heads taller than Riku. His burnt orange hair covered his left sapphire eye. He had an earring on his right ear.
“You were on your way to see him, weren’t you?”
Sano had grown used to her routine. He’d always see her sneaking out late at night every three days for the past 2 years to meet her beloved prince, sometimes stopping her to have a quick conversation.
“Uhh… hehe… yeah…”
“Figures,” he chuckled.
She blushed when he said that but then her face quickly sadden, “This might the last time I get to see Daisuke because he’s going to war.”
Sano stood silently because he didn’t know what to say. He heard that there was war between the Niwa and Hikari Kingdoms but he didn’t expect Daisuke fighting in it.
Seeing that she hadn’t move, he said, “What are you waiting for? Go on or you’ll be late.”
He gave her a playful shove.
“Okay… well, this time I won’t be back until dawn. So cover up for me if I’m not back by then but I should be… thanks Sano!” she said as she ran towards the stable.
“No sweat,” Sano called after her. ‘I know this last meeting means so much to you. I hope this certainly isn’t the last.’ He watched her run until she was out of his sight then returned to his post.
Riku reached the stable and woke up her black stallion, Vince, leading him towards the back gates. She quietly opened the gates, then boosted herself upon Vince and rode off into the starry moonlit night.
‘I hope I’m not too late.’ Riku kicked Vince’s side lightly to quicken the pace.

>> in the forest
“What’s keeping Riku?” wondered a fourteen-year-old boy with red, spiky hair. He was wearing a plain black shirt, brown pants, black cape, and black boots.
He stared into the flowing stream and listened quietly. After awhile, he walked over to a field full of blue moonlight flowers, Riku’s favorite. He began to drift off into his dream world. Suddenly, Riku came up from behind him and held onto his arm, bringing him back to reality.
“Ahh… Riku, I was beginning to wonder what happened,” he said smiling at her.
“Sorry Daisuke… Sano caught me sneaking out and we ended up having a little conversation,” explained Riku.
“Haha… Again? Looks like you need to improve on your ‘sneaking’ technique,” he teased her.
“Hmph!” Riku crossed her arms, “Well excuse me if I don’t have a better method.”
Daisuke thought she sounded like a little girl pouting.
“I was just kidding, Riku… the good news is that you’re here now,” Daisuke responded as he placed her head under his chin and held her tight. They sat down on the field in each other’s arms and were silent for a while until Riku broke the silence,
“Dai, do you have to go to war?”
“Yeah,” Daisuke responded, “I got to get back a heirloom.”
“What kind of heirloom is it?” Riku asked in curiosity.
“It’s a crystalline necklace called ‘Angel of Black Wings’. It’s really pretty and it’s been in the family for five generations. There’s only two in the world but they’re a pair. They’re priceless artifacts now and everyone wants to get their hands on it. Apparently, we don’t have it now. The other is called ‘Angel of White Wings.’ I don’t know exactly where it is but one thing’s for sure… It’s going to spell ‘chaos’ when the two necklaces are united… So hopefully Satoshi doesn’t have the other one.”
Daisuke ran his hand through his hair then sighed.
“Yeah, I sure hope so too,” Riku said worriedly, “God, I wish this day never came, for you to go to war.”
“Same here but there’s nothing we can do to change it. We have to hope for the best and that it ends soon.”
“You’re right.”
They said nothing afterward and the silence was killing Daisuke. He had something really important to ask her,
“Riku?”
“Hmm…?”
“There ’s something I want to ask you…”
“Sure.”
They moved apart to face each other. Daisuke took Riku’s hands and held them gently.
“Riku… when I come back, I want to marry you… of course it won’t be right away… depending on how long the war is,” Daisuke announced to her as he reached inside his black cape and withdrew a box. He took out a 24karat ruby ring and he kneeled before Riku.
“Riku Harada, will you marry me?” Daisuke asked seriously.
Riku was speechless and filled with joy. Tears began rolling down her cheeks and she managed to say,
“Yes, Daisuke Niwa.”
Daisuke was overwhelmed with happiness as he slipped the ring on her finger. Riku hugged Daisuke and gave him a kiss. His face turned crimson red.
“Ohh… I almost forgot…” Daisuke suddenly remembered, “There is one more gift I wanted to give to you.”
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden heart-shaped locket. Riku gasped in shock. Daisuke helped her put it on. Riku opened it and there was a picture of her and Daisuke when they were little, smiling and having a great time. ‘Ohh… what wonderful memories this picture brings back…’ Tears began to swell up in her eyes again,
“Thank you, Dai. I’ll cherish this forever.”
“Haha…I thought you might like it,” Daisuke said smiling as he put his arm behind his head.
‘What can I do to get the war off Riku’s mind?… I don’t want her to think about it when we’re supposed to do something memorable… hmm… :D I know!… I’ll talk about the old days when we had so much fun… that should work…’
Daisuke began talking about the “good old days”. Soon, Riku started to join in and began laughing. As the two lovers talked about the old times, Riku grew tired and drifted to sleep. Worried that she would get sick, Daisuke took off his cape and draped it over her. Satisfied, he fell asleep.

>> dawn
The morning dew sent a chill down Daisuke’s spine causing him to wake up. He stared at Riku’s peaceful, sleeping face.
‘She looks so cute and angelic when she’s asleep.’
He moved a strand of hair away from Riku’s face and kissed her on the forehead. ‘I wish time could stop right now so I don’t have to leave you… but I can’t.’ He didn’t want to wake her but he knew she needed to get home before she was found out.
“Riku… Riku?... time to get up… you have to go home now…” Daisuke said lightly shaking her.
“Huh?… Is it morning already?…” asked Riku half asleep as she rubbed her eyes.
“Yeah… It’s morning.”
Riku managed to sit up. They stayed quiet for a while, not having the slightest clue how to say a proper goodbye.
Riku looked into Daisuke’s eyes as tears began trickling down her cheek, “Please return safely to me.”
“I will… I’ll come back for you,” promised Daisuke as he wiped away her tears.
They embraced for the last time and then departed for their kingdom. It was going to be a long time until they would meet again.

>> end prologue
- - - - - - -