D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ The Play ❯ The Withstanding Boundaries ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Play
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DNAngels in any way, shape, or form.
 
Pairings: DaisukexSatoshi
KradxDark
 
 
Chapter Two: “The Withstanding Boundaries”
 
He turned sharply around the corner, hoping that by chance, the one he sought wasn't too far away. Fate would have it that Satoshi was just a little ways away, “Hiwatari-san, wait up!”
 
Satoshi nonchalantly looked over his shoulder and then blinked a few times. What was it that the little redhead wanted? “Yes?”
 
It took Daisuke just a tab bit longer to catch up with Satoshi, and by the time he did, the poor little guy was out of breath. Daisuke leaned on his knees while panting, “Wh… why did you… want to play… as the prince?”
 
“I thought that would be obvious, Niwa. Krad wanted to be in the play. He felt that he relates more closely to the Arabian prince than the rest of the class. I hope you understand. It's nothing personal,” his response was so calm and collected that Daisuke couldn't have doubted his word.
 
“I never said it was. It's just…”
 
“Just what?” Satoshi voice suddenly became suspiciously sympathetic.
 
“Umm…”
 
“You'd rather I not play the part. Wait, let me rephrase that. You'd rather not let Krad play the part.”
 
Daisuke bit his lower lip, “I just don't think it's safe. It's Krad after all. What if he loses it and goes haywire?”
 
“Krad and I have already discussed the issue. We made a deal,” Satoshi was on the winning side of repressing a stubborn blush, until he recalled exactly what happened. Now, his efforts were just futile.
 
Flashback:
 
(Satoshi, I want to play as the Arabian prince. Volunteer, and if you get picked, I will be more than willing to allow you one romantic moment without interruption so you can enjoy yourself.) Krad forced Satoshi to look over at Daisuke. (I'll let you have a moment with him without trying to ruin your life and take his.)
 
“It's a deal,” Satoshi wasn't offered many deals with Krad like this. He knew better than to reject it. After all, it wasn't every day that the sadistic angel wanted something and was willing to give you something in return.
 
End Flashback.
 
Daisuke tilted his head and arched his brow. Obviously the kid was intrigued. What had sparked this sudden, deep red blush on his beloved's face? Even more, what could the blue haired commander have possibly been granted in order for him to allow the deadly beauty to go free? Before Daisuke could even ask the latter, because he knew he would never get the answer to the first, Satoshi began to walk away.
 
Satoshi wasn't oblivious to Daisuke's sudden reaction when he finally took notice of the most discernible blush. Sure, the kid might not ask why, but that didn't mean that he wasn't thinking it. Now was not the time to give Daisuke a reason to think that he might harbor ardent feelings for the redhead. Satoshi was convinced that he would scare the poor child senseless and lose any chance he ever had of even holding Daisuke's hand for a moment. “Hiwatari-san, stop moving!”
 
Satoshi wanted to continue on. His schedule was tight and he couldn't reward himself any longer by just standing there and talking to Daisuke. There just wasn't time for it. “Niwa-san, please understand,” Satoshi spun around suddenly to face Daisuke, “I'm running late. I'll see you tomorrow at school for rehearsal,” Satoshi nearly choked when he saw that his words had taken a negative effect on Daisuke.
 
Daisuke looked down and his hair cast a shadow over his face, emphasizing the melancholy that was already apparent. “I understand. I'll see you tomorrow, Hiwatari-san.”
 
Daisuke made a move to leave, but Satoshi forcefully grabbed Daisuke's wrist and held him in place. His heart's pace accelerated, his palms became wet from the sweat, and no words could make their way past his still lips. For a moment, the boys remained silent until Satoshi could see amethyst eyes glaring back at him from behind the red bangs. Satoshi released Daisuke's arm, and walked away from the scene. (“What had caused me to do that?”)
 
(The infatuation you hold for dear Daisuke, Satoshi. You can't help but want to see him happy. And I will continue to state the obvious. His sadness caused you to act before you thought.)
 
“Stop it.”
 
(I guess that'll count as your “moment” with Daisuke.)
 
“Hold on, Krad, that didn't count as a moment. I barely held his wrist for a split second before Dark made a quick appearance.”
 
(I was just kidding. But remember, save the moment for a special time when you can thoroughly enjoy it. Who knows when you'll share in another moment?)
 
DAISUKENIWADAISUKENIWADAISUKENIWA
 
“Daisuke!” Emiko called, “How was school?”
 
“Fine,” Daisuke said hastily while untying his shoes, “I have homework, so call me when dinner is ready.”
 
Daisuke ran across the hall, up the stairs, opened his door, and threw himself on his bed just before letting himself squeal into his pillow. It wasn't very Daisuke-like, but he was just so happy he could barely contain himself. He then sat up and held his wrist against his cheek. Amazing how such a small move can make a boy melt. Daisuke fell back onto his pillow and smiled. He wanted to spend the entire day woolgathering, but there were always interruptions. “Satoshi…,” Daisuke whispered Satoshi's name to hear himself say it, (“Daisuke…”) Daisuke fancied Satoshi whispering his own name. Daisuke blushed and rolled around on the bed. He had wanted Satoshi to say his name aloud for so long it ached. Just then, he got an idea. (“Dark, since I'm letting you take a part in the play, I'm wondering if you could do something for me in return?”)
 
(Depends. Shoot.)
 
“Umm… How should I approach this?” The redhead fiddled with his fingers a bit while mentally trying to word his phrase.
 
(Ahh…I'm not stupid, Daisuke. You want me to give you a chance to have a moment with Satoshi without me interrupting like today.)
 
“Can you imagine what he might have done if you didn't interrupt?!” Daisuke whined, “He might have gotten all nervous and maybe he would've stumbled over a few words and I would have been able to cherish that memory.”
 
(Or maybe he would've taken you into his arms and kissed away all your problems then taken you out on a most romantic date where the two of you could've been alone `til the end of time…) the sardonic tone was apparent.
 
“Stop it Dark. There are things that everyone wants eventually in life. I can dream right, but let's face it. It's not going to happen. Hiwatari-san is just too serious and outgoing. He's in his own league with a few of his fellow friends. There are numerous girls after him as we speak. I'm a clumsy klutz, and on top of that, I'm a guy. Why would he go for me?”
 
Dark felt like swallowing his own tongue. Daisuke turned around to face a mirror where he could look back at Dark. “Daisuke, I'll agree to it and more. You can have as many moments as you want with him until the very last second of the final performance. After that, no more. I don't care how much you love him.”
 
Daisuke nodded. He didn't expect that Dark would even agree, but he tried to convince himself that just one tender moment would be enough to satisfy his crave.
 
If he only knew how wrong he was.
 
SATOSHIHIWATARISATOSHIHIWATARISATOSHIHIWATARI
 
The next morning, the students hung around the classroom waiting for the teacher to arrive. Daisuke arrived a little later than usual, and Satoshi was sitting at his desk surrounded by his fellow straight A classmates. They were the only few students that could talk with Satoshi and not get lost in a conversation about math and science. Also, they were very serious and preferred not to goof off, so they didn't break out many jokes, unless they were about computers, and they would just stare at you if you dared to approach them to talk with any one of them. Daisuke has seen if before and decided to learn from other's mistakes. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself in front of Satoshi. He didn't think he could live with the shame.
 
But nonetheless, our persistent little redhead wanted to talk to Satoshi, even if it was just for a moment. “Good morning, Hiwatari-san,” Daisuke held his breath as he waited for Satoshi's response.
 
Satoshi was surprised to say the least that Daisuke had the audacity to approach his rather unsociable group just to greet him. “Good morning, Niwa-san.”
 
After that, Daisuke was reluctant to say anymore. He was receiving death glares from Satoshi's group and so, Daisuke waved and decided it was best to just take his seat. (“Maybe I'll try during break. I'm sure he'll talk to me then.”)
 
Just then the teacher walked in and the class took their seats. “Good morning everyone,” she was hauling in a few things that she set aside, “As you all see, we have a busy day ahead of us. We only have a few weeks to prepare for this play, and so that means our classes will be cut short, but… that also means a lot more homework so that I know that you understand the material,” immediately, the students groaned, “But still, we'll have loads of fun preparing for the play!”
 
The students quieted down while the teacher took role and began the lesson.
 
Daisuke sighed. More homework meant less time for him to be able to plan out a way to talk with Satoshi. As the teacher said, he only had a few weeks… just a few weeks. Bummer. Could he possibly be lucky enough to steal a kiss? Or was that just too much to dream for? (“I'll steal one even if that means pinning Satoshi to the wall! I'm a thief after all!”) Daisuke quickly repressed the notion. That wasn't like him. Daisuke would never restore to violence to get what he wanted. He wasn't Krad.
 
After a few lessons, the teacher decided it was time to work on the play, and so she signed a few more positions and the students went off to work. “If you have any questions, ask me, please!”
 
Daisuke sat down with a girl named Nana who was gong to write the script. “Ok! Let's do this!” She rolled up her sleeves and began to get to work with another person who was writing out the events that will take place in the play. They wanted to make sure that everything went together just fine. While they did this, the artists and the designers in the class worked out on sets, props, and costumes. That's when Daisuke remembered that whatever they would measure on him wouldn't fir Dark for anything. The same thought struck Satoshi after a girl began taking his waist measurement. “I'm sorry,” said Satoshi, “But I'd rather manage the costume for my character,” he motioned for the girls to look at Daisuke, “and he will be doing the same as well.”
 
The girls pouted but they couldn't force neither Daisuke nor Satoshi to give in. So, they decided to start on the costume for the princess and the king.
 
Before long, it was break and Daisuke caught a glimpse of Satoshi walking out of the classroom alone. Daisuke immediately dropped whatever he was doing and chased after him, “Hiwatari-san!”
 
Satoshi heard him. In fact, he was hoping that Daisuke would chase after him. (“Just follow me a little more, Daisuke….”)
 
Satoshi continued to walk with Daisuke on his trail until he reached the private computer lab. Satoshi opened the door with his ID card and held it open for Daisuke. Daisuke arched his eyebrow, and Satoshi motioned for Daisuke to go in. Inside, the only things giving any light to the room were the computer screens. “This is the private computer lab open to a select few elite students. This is my computer over here.”
 
Satoshi sat at his computer that was by the window cover by thick curtains and Daisuke sat next to him. Even the computer chairs were well cushioned and were perfecto to just sit on all day without worrying about your butt falling asleep.
 
“This is nice,” Daisuke commented while looking around the room, “Very dark, quiet, secretive…”
 
It just hit Daisuke then. This was the perfect place to try to have a tender moment with Satoshi without worrying about Dark. Krad, however, was a different story. He didn't know if Satoshi's will was strong enough to suppress the deadly beauty. But he was willing to risk it.
 
Daisuke scooted the chair closer to Satoshi and waited for a moment to pass. “What are you doing?” asked Daisuke while he leaned in closer to Satoshi.
 
Satoshi looked into the reflection of the mirror against the wall. Since when did Daisuke manage to get so close? Satoshi tried to keep focused, “I'm looking at Arabian costumes. I need to find something for Krad.”
 
“Can I see? I need to find something for Dark as well,” Daisuke leaned in just a bit closer, but who would have thought that just a centimeter closer to Satoshi would cause him to enter a zone with very little air?
 
Daisuke's breathing sped up. He felt like he wasn't getting enough air, albeit there was plenty around them. Satoshi felt it too. The sudden invasion of space caused a shift in his breathing. “Look at this,” Satoshi said as he found something appropriate for a thief.
 
Daisuke's sleeve was now touching Satoshi's “It's really nice. I think that Dark would like that.”
 
“Why don't you ask him?” asked Satoshi as he tried to shift so that he was closer to Daisuke in a way that he didn't make it obvious that he was trying to decrease the amount of space around them.
 
“He's asleep.”
 
“Pity,” (“But it is the most opportune time for me to make a move.”)
 
Satoshi shifted again so that he was looking at Daisuke. Now what? He couldn't just grab Daisuke and pull him in. That would ensure that Daisuke would freak and run.
 
They sat there looking at each other for a moment before the door suddenly opened and a fellow elite student walked in, “Good morning, Satoshi,” said Nakano.
 
“And to you.”
 
Daisuke suddenly felt jealous. Why this ordinary person was bestowed the privilege of calling Satoshi by his given name was beyond him.
 
Nakano sat on the other side of the computer lab and began to type away like mad. He was obviously busy and hopefully wouldn't pay Satoshi and Daisuke any attention. Satoshi looked up to make sure that Nakano was occupied before he placed his hand on Daisuke's shoulder and insisted, “Why don't you take a closer look?”
 
Daisuke leaned in closer and Satoshi's hand found itself planted on the opposite shoulder. “I think this one would make a perfect costume for Krad,” said Daisuke.
 
“I wouldn't know. Krad is resting peacefully for once,” truth be told, Krad was wide awake and watching Satoshi as he tried to get Daisuke to move in even closer.
 
(Only one moment, Satoshi. You are allowed only one moment.)
 
Satoshi sighed. He didn't want to waste that one moment here with someone else in the computer lab. He needed to be alone with Daisuke in order for him to make it all worth it.
 
But he couldn't bring himself to push Daisuke away. Especially since his arms had long since pulled Daisuke closer to him while he browsed through the internet.
 
Just then, the bell rang and Nakano signed off. Satoshi pulled back and signed off too. Daisuke wanted to groan from the loss of touch, but didn't. As they walked to class, Satoshi mentally spoke with Krad. (“That wasn't a moment.”)
 
(Of course not. It wasn't intimate enough. I know you can do better than that.) Krad forced an image into Satoshi's mind of him passionately making out with Daisuke. (After that, my end of the deal has ended. Share as many little moments with him, but you only get one kiss.)
 
Satoshi nodded. He didn't think he could possibly get more out of Daisuke. He just didn't have the courage and the faith to believe in himself.
 
A/N: In the next chapter, I might just go straight into the play, but I will tell it as if it's a completely different fic all on its own. Beware of that! This is still only one fic. If you're confused, you'll see what I mean.