D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Wait for Me ❯ Moving On ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey`all! I had spare time and so I am back with another preplanned, and worked on Fanfic! Another D.N.Angel fic, but with a Daisuke/Riku pairing! Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any D.N.Angel characters… Though I wish I did… No, they all belong to Yukiru Sugisaki…
Note: This fanfic is slightly AU, and works upon events of episode 22 “Ice and Snow”
“..” Talking.
`Thought'
`flashback thoughts'
Full Summary:
When Daisuke stayed behind in that land of ice and snow; he promised Riku that he'd return from it… The second hand of time has been destroyed and 15 yrs have passed and still Daisuke has not returned. When Riku finally gets a `reality check' she tries to move on and is finally engaged. But when someone from the past returns… unexpectedly, will Riku be able to believe? Or will she follow the shambles of her blind life? Slightly AU
DAISUKE/RIKU
Chapter 1: Moving on.
Riku wiped a tear from her fluttering eyes as she rose groggily from her bed. She sat in a fetal position, rubbing at her watery chocolate brown eyes. Riku looked to the clock that illuminated in the dark. She squinted, shaking her head to switch her biological clock away from sleep mode. It flashed 6:30. Riku groaned, flopping her legs over the bed.
Riku slowly performed the daily grooming tasks before heading for work with a heavy thought upon her mind. Tears began to well up once more as she began to recall. “You said, you'd come back…” She shook her head, wiping at her eyes. “This is no time to pity yourself because of a dream! You have work Riku, work!” This wasn't the first time she had a Daisuke related nightmare, but unfortunately, it wouldn't be the last.
Riku sighed, and continued sighing throughout the day. Hadn't she moved on already? She promised herself and her sister to do so after ten years of waiting.
It had all started on that faithful day of snow. Dark was prompted to steal the painting entrusted to her by Daisuke. After finding herself somehow within the world of the painting and freeing Daisuke, he had made that fated decision to stay…

Then I shall stay too!”
He responded in the negative.
He must've definitely seen the doubt upon my face, because that was when he gave me that reassuring smile of his and said those words that pulled me into a world of hope before reality finally crashed down on me…
I will come back for sure… I'll come back. Thanks for worrying about me, but I want you to wait…”
I agreed, and we parted…
Its now been over ten years, 15 to be exact, and he still hasn't returned…

Reality crashed down upon me, when my family became worried. I didn't want to believe what I was told, but everything seemed to so true, that the very notion that my dear Daisuke could be deceased, became inevitable…

Riku! It's already been ten years! Be reasonable! You can't keep living like this!” exclaimed a concerned Risa, who looked down on her sister who seemed to be wasting away.
Daisuke will never let down on a promise. I'll believe in his word!” replied Riku; tears starting up in her eyes.
Ne, Riku, Risa is correct, you cannot keep living life like this, believing one who is dead could actually come to you alive.”
He will RETURN!” retorted Riku; tears uncontrollably spilling down her soft pale cheeks.
But he was within the second hand of time when it was destroyed! With him in it! We were too late…” whispered Dark who was present by Risa's side. Riku hated to admit it; but what Dark had said was correct. Otherwise, how could Dark be here himself?
Dark sighed and Risa touched his arm and they left together. As wrong as it seemed, Riku couldn't help but loathe her sister out of jealousy. `How could she be with someone she shouldn't and couldn't be with in the first place, while I'm here alone?'
Riku cried, soaking her bed sheets. Daisuke would've never gotten down on a promise but it had already been 10 years! Risa was already married to Dark, and it was time Riku moved on with her love life. She had been doping well in her work life as a real estate agent, and with her success bought her own and her sister's mansion's, but there was no one to share it with. She was doing well to prepare a good life for Daisuke to settle into when he returned but it had been too long! The effects of time and reality were heavy and splitting. Despite the fact that Daisuke had always been there, this was the first time ever that Riku had ever felt truly alone…

Yes, Riku had moved on. She had moved on so much that the fast change seemed to have impaired her judgement (a/n: You'll see what I mean later on). Riku had been given a note and she confusedly walked down a pier in her respectable work clothing. Riku smiled as she looked to the glittery water that seemed to stretch endlessly. Her vision of the ocean was blocked as a large white vessel came into view. Riku blinked confused as she heard her name beckoned. “Harada-san, Riku?”
Riku turned at the sound of her name, and made way to see a kindly man, possibly in his mid 40s.
He had kind eyes and a thick brown moustache, tinged with the wisdom from age. He wore a captains outfit, and his hair was hidden under a hat.
“Rio is waiting for you madam.”
“Oh?” exclaimed Riku… Yes, she had surely moved on. Down the boarding stairs descended a tall man with glasses and dark brown hair. (A/N: Think of him to look EXACTLY like Satsohi's “father” except with brown hair.)
He smiled when he approached her.
“What is it? Why is your face so blank?” he kissed Riku's hand; causing her to blush slightly. He lead her on board where they sailed on and had dinner…

When things were cleared, Riku looked on to the moving ocean on the decorated deck, and watched as the sky painted a beautiful deep blue and was studded with stars. “Beautiful,” she whispered.
“Not as beautiful as you look,” Riku turned to see Rio kneeling.
“What are you doing?” He held out a small box that opened up.
“Will you?” …

That's the end of chapter one! Yah! What IS this guy doing? And who is he anyway? You may guess in your reviews if you wish to, and I can tell you if you're right or wrong! Fun? Wait for the next update to see what was happening and see how Daisuke is supposed to tie in! R&R please!