Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Death Note : Rebirth ❯ Reborn ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 7
 
REBORN
 
“I wonder …”
“What?”
“Does Ryuk really think that I'm dead?”
“Probably.”
“Why?”
“Well, no one thought that you could've escaped Enma.”
“How do you know about Enma?”
“Jirou told me everything that happened here since you were revived until now.”
“What about Misa?”
“She doesn't know anything yet.”
“Alright, Matsuda. You go and explain her everything.”
“Understood.”
“Mikami!”
“Yes, Light.”
“How's the seal doing?”
“It's still holding. Barely. Enma is quite strong.”
“Tell Busou to strengthen it.”
“Ok.”
“Jirou!”
“What is it?”
“Go down in the human world and establish contact with Ryuk. Tell him everything that's going on up here and that for now he has to continue what he was doing until now.”
“Alright. I'll be back in an hour.”
“Good. Misa!”
“Yes, Light.”
“Did Matsuda explain everything to you?”
“Yes.”
“Good. Take Matsuda and go bring a crate of one hundred Death Notes. And make sure they're all empty and that none of them has Enma's seal on them.”
“What ever you wish for, Light.”
<< I only have a few more things to take care of here and after that, as far as I'm concerned, `The Legacy of Kira' is back. >>
 
*
 
“What do you mean Light died here?”
“Does it really matter?”
“As a matter of fact, it does.”
“I can't tell you, anyway.”
“But -“
“You should go to sleep. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.”
“Fine …”
Satoru went disappointed into a corner, took off his backpack and pulled out a blanket from it. He then laid himself down on the floor while thinking about how to evade the police starting the next day.
After he made sure that the boy wasn't awake anymore, Ryuk went outside to check for unwanted future visitors.
“You must be Ryuk. Am I right?”
“Huh? Who are you?”
“My name is Jirou. I have come here to deliver a message for you.”
“From Enma?”
“No. From Light.”
“Light is dead.”
“Actually, he isn't.”
“But Enma killed him.”
“After you left, Enma did indeed try to kill him. But something happened and his Death Note caught fire before the forty seconds were over and, surprisingly, Light didn't die. Enma was too surprised by what happened and Busou and I seized him and sealed him inside the mountains.”
“Then Light -“
“Light is alright. He is working up there on the Legacy along with Matsuda, Mikami and Misa.”
“Oh? So he brought back all of them. Then I have to come back.”
“No.”
“Why?”
“Light said that for now you have to remain here with the boy.”
“Oh, fine. But tell him that his sister is dead. Satoru killed her. And also tell him that Aizawa is still alive and that he is after the kid.”
“Understood.”
One word and Jirou set off for the death god realm to report to Light.