Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad ❯ Life Marches On ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
As we start this brand new chapter, you must be wondering why I’m only putting just the month of the year rather than the month and day like I had done mostly before. Well, you have to remember that this ‘remake’ of SAO in my fanfiction story works something similar to the Underworld virtual world and you are going to have to look up information on the Sword Art Online light novels to figure deeper details. Anyway, due to the fourth generation Full-Dive technology used for that world, time is speed up greatly and in my fanfiction, the creators of Sword Art World in my fanfiction have figured out a way to do it too. And yet, I know that I’m blabbing this over and over again, but I would like to give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius and Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon series, especially this author’s The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them.

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Gundam series, including Gundam Build Fighters, Sekirei, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Dot-hack series, Naruto, World of Warcraft series, Power Rangers series, Tron, Code Lyoko, Rave Master, Mouse, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, and Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, possible gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

August 2025, Game Center Crown

 

Within Game Center Crown, our Digidestined and their Digimon partners, minus Davis, Kari, and their two Digimon partners, Veemon and Gatomon, Darien, our Juuban based Moon Kingdom Sailor Scouts, including Molly and Rini, Kazuto, Asuna, Keiko, and Rika are assembled together within the hidden command center in the arcade where they are looking at a picture taken within Sword Art World where they see Leafa, Akari, and Dai helping out in the fight.

 

Kazuto says, “That’s Sugu all right. The similarities between her in this game and Leafa in ALO are too much to ignore.”

 

Serena says, “I agree. That’s her.”

 

Tai says, “And that’s Davis and Kari.”

 

Izzy says, “However, the records still show that they logged out that day and there is no evidence that the records have been tampered with.”

 

Cody says, “Not to mention that there is no evidence of any tampering with their Amuspheres either.”

 

Darien says, “And if we start ‘making noise’, we may not get anywhere at first, but if we do, the people who trapped them in there could ‘cut their losses’ and I fear for their safety.”

 

Ken says, “I agree, Darien.”

 

Raye says, “And we need to figure a way to get them out.”

 

Serena asks, “Can’t we…?”

 

Serena then realizes something and Ami tells Serena, “Last time, we were able to find them in the virtual world to download a program into their avatars to reestablish their ‘connection’ between their bodies and their minds, Serena.”

 

Amara says, “We can’t do that again if we can’t get to them.”

 

Michelle says, “And we have been locked out of the game which shows that there is something going on.”

 

Keiko asks, “But why would they want us out?”

 

Kazuto says, “Because we are very connected to Sugu, Davis, and Kari, Keiko. Remember, it isn’t just because we are SAO survivors. I heard that a few SAO survivors have joined the game as some kind of ‘therapy’ or something.”

 

Asuna asks Kazuto, “Really?”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “Yeah, Asuna. I’ve got to say that they are brave souls just doing that.”

 

Rika says, with a nod, “No joke.”

 

Raye says, “The thing is: We are being restricted from access in it.”

 

Lita asks, “But how can they do it in a way that no matter what kind of trick that we use, we can’t get access into the game?”

 

Amara says, “Good question, Lita.”

 

TK says, “It would take a lot of technical and programming knowledge.”

 

Yolei says, “That means that the programmers and technicians in the club are the main ‘targets’, but they seem to be clean.”

 

Tai says, “True, but remember, there are quite a number of Argus personal were spies for Sugou before SAO caused Argus to collapse in which they may have transferred into Future Divers.”

 

Matt says, “Yeah. And since they were just starting, their security wasn’t it is now.”

 

Asuna asks, “But why would Sugou allow them to move onto Future Divers?”

 

Kazuto says, “I think that Sugou planned to get access to the vast minds of the world and not just Japan in order to perfect his…’software’ because if he had gotten his research done, he could have used ‘Future Divers’ for something even worse.”

 

Rika says, shocked and horrified at the implication, “You are kidding me!”

 

Serena says, shaking her head, “No, Rika. Kazuto’s right. He would be that sick.”

 

Asuna says, solemnly and shivering slightly, “I know.” Kazuto holds her hands comfort and Asuna smiles at Kazuto.

 

Darien says, “However, with us ruining his plans, he is going to need a place to start again and he has found a way to escape.”

 

TK asks, “But Future Divers has international renown and he is now quite ‘infamous’. He wouldn’t risk it, right?”

 

Serena and Asuna look at each other and Serena responds, “With his ego, he might.”

 

Asuna says, “He could attempt to use ‘Future Divers’ to restart his sinister project.”

 

Ken says, “And Davis, Kari, and Suguha could be even in more danger if that’s the case.”

 

Kazuto thinks in his mind, “Sugu…”

 

Asuna tells Kazuto, “We’ll bring her home, Kirito-kun. She found her way home before and she will be able to hold on.”

 

Kazuto tells Asuna, “I know that she is strong, Asuna. I’m just afraid that she isn’t strong enough and who knows what’s happening in there? Maybe this is how mom and Sugu felt when I was trapped in SAO.”

 

Serena says, “We’ve got to bring them. We just got to.”

 

Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ starting)

 

As the opening ‘scenes’ being, we find Davis Motomiya, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed and two swords, an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, strapped to the sides of his waist instead of his back, walking down a street and looking at the sky.

 

Next, we find Kari Kamiya, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, also walking down a street and looking back behind her.

 

Then we see Suguha Kirigaya and her ‘alter ego’, Sailor Celestial, with their backs to each other with ‘thin wall of light’ separating the two of them in which the scene spins around as the two of them look at each other where Suguha is at her home on her side of the ‘wall’ while Sailor Celestial is in the Moon Kingdom.

 

All three of them are reaching out into the skies and then the world around them transforms into center of the Town of Beginnings for Sword Art Online in which the ground crumbles around them as those that died on Sword Art Online and more try to drag them into an abyss.

 

The scene then changes where Davis is cutting through legions of ‘monsters’ from SAO and ALO as well as youma in which a legion of Duel Monsters appears with Davis having a dragon similar to Stardust Dragon and another monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack them with powerful strikes.

 

Then Davis is fighting against Heathcliff in which he transforms into the massive GM avatar that he used at the start of SAO in which Davis lands a series of blows before slamming him with Starburst Stream, the classic 16 Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo. Soon after, Kari and Leafa, Suguha’s ALO avatar, run at top speed behind Davis and the two of them leap into the air with Kari hitting the transformation Heathcliff with an attack that looks similar to Linear while Leafa does a forward flip and transforms into Eternal Sailor Celestial, also wielding an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which they glow with fire and wind power as Sailor Celestial prepares to attack.

 

Then the scene shows Kazuto as his Sword Art Online avatar of Kirito, Serena as her Sword Art Online avatar as Usagi, Keiko as her Sword Art Online avatar of Silica, and Rika as her Sword Art Online avatar of Lisbeth.

 

The scene then changes with Davis, Kari, Sailor Celestial, Sailor Moon, and Kirito looking over the worlds of Sword Art Online, Alfheim Online, the ‘real world’, the Digital World, and beyond.

 

Then there are displays of Darien/Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, the Odiaba Digidestined, and Kayaba/Heathcliff before it switches back to a scene where Sailor Celestial, Davis, and Kari are standing in front of the ‘transformed Heathcliff’ with his back to their backs and cleaved into multiple pieces before exploding into hundreds of data polygons.

 

The final scenes show Kirito and Asuna, in her Knights of the Blood Oath outfit, along with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask being watched over by Sailor Celestial, Davis and Kari resting in front of a tree, and finally, Asuna’s Lambent Light rapier, Usagi’s Lunar Excelsior one-handed sword, Tuxedo Mask’s cane, Leafa’s ALO katana, and an Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords are all together in a pile with Neo Domino City Duel Disks and Davis’ and Kari’s D-3 digivices ‘attached’ to them.

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ ending)

 

Chapter 15: Life Marches On

 

August 2025, Sword Art World, Level 22

 

Inside of Sword Art World, we are inside of the twenty-second castle of one hundred ‘castle worlds’ that make up this VRMMO that’s a ‘remake’ of the ‘death game’ Sword Art Online. This ‘castle world’ looks to be a vast grassland plan with multiple lakes and small village communities including the main town of this level known as Lakeview Promenade. This is where we find Dai, Leafa, Akari, and Strea as they look around.

 

Strea says, excitedly, “Oh, wow! It’s so pretty!”

 

Akari says, with a smile, “Yeah, it is.”

 

Dai whispers to Leafa, “Yeah, it took us a few memories to get here.”

 

Leafa says, with a nod and in a solemn whisper, “No kidding. I had forgotten about that time that I got ‘killed’ in the ‘old Alfheim’ that matched one of the floors that we went through, but it might have been more of a blessing than curse to forget that one for the moment.”

 

Strea says, “Leafa! Dai! Come on, let’s get going!”

 

Leafa says, with a smile, “Okay, Strea! We’re coming!” Dai, Leafa, Strea, and Akari then take off into the distance not noticing that they were being watched despite the significant Search Skills of Dai and Leafa.

 

August 2025, Yokohama North General Hospital

 

Inside of Yokohama North General Hospital, we are in the special ward containing Suguha, Davis, and Kari as they are in similar beds and connected to similar devices and IV as other SAO victims were when they were trapped in SAO. Within the room, Serena, Kazuto, and Asuna are looking over their motionless forms with their Amuspheres still attached to their heads which may be their only for their ‘minds’ to return to their physical bodies.

 

Asuna says, “School is about to begin.”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “Yeah.”

 

Asuna tells Kazuto and Serena, “Kirito-kun…Serena, we can visit them when we get off.”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “Yeah.” Serena tells Kazuto, “We’ll find a way, Kazuto. We’ll get them back. We’ll get Suguha back.”

 

Kazuto says, “I know, Serena. But I can’t help to worry. If that monster is involved in this, Sugu is in real danger if he finds out about her.”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “We underestimate, Kazuto. I really know how you feel.”

 

Asuna says, “Same here, Kirito-kun. He wouldn’t like anything better to get revenge. He is just that pretty and that cowardly.”

 

Serena says, “I just feel so helpless. She is my sister from my days as a Moon Princess and I can’t help her at all. Some big sister that I turned out to be.”

 

Asuna tells Serena, “Don’t say that Serena-chan! You have to be strong for her and the others!”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “I know, Asuna. It is just that it is tough.”

 

Kazuto says, with a solemn tone, “It has been Sugu ever since she remembered her past history and learned that one reason that Kayaba committed that madness was to force her to ‘awaken’ as Sailor Celestial and her Etherion powers.”

 

Serena says, “She has no guilt to bear in this.”

 

Kazuto says, “I think so too, but Sugu is the one that needs convincing of that and her battle with Kayaba just made that a bit harder. And we learned while that her memories of her past life might be only part of the reason that she felt ‘out of place’ in our family just as much or even more than I did.”

 

Asuna says, “It was a real shock to me too, Kirito-kun.”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “Same here.”

 

Flashback; Shortly after Suguha, Davis, and Kari get trapped in Sword Art World

 

Inside of Cherry Hill Temple, the Sailor Scouts, Darien, Kazuto, Asuna, Keiko, and Rika are assembled together at Raye’s temple home with Kazuto’s adoptive mother/aunt, Midori Kirigaya, who is Suguha’s Earth mother in which she is very distressed having recently learned what happened to her daughter.

 

Midori says, “I don’t know if I can take this again.”

 

Kazuto tells Midori, “We’re going to whatever we can to get Suguha out of there.”

 

Darien says, “However, we don’t have enough evidence to say that she is in the game. Based on the evidence, from appearances, it looks like she logged out of the game.”

 

Midori says, distressed, “You don’t log out of a game and end up in the hospital even if it is a virtual reality game despite all that happened!”

 

Kazuto tells Midori, “We know, mom. We know. We’re going to find out what’s really going on.”

 

Midori says, “Suguha…”

 

Asuna tells Midori, “Midori-san, we won’t give up on her. Suguha-chan is our friend too and we won’t stop until she is back home.”

 

Lita says, “That’s right, Midori-san! Plus, she is one of us! We don’t give on one of our own!”

 

Mina says, with a nod, “We’ll find a way back for her!”

Serena says, “Midori-san, we may have been reborn as different people in this life, but Suguha is still family since Kazuto became like a brother to me during those horrible years in SAO. And she was the greatest help to get Asuna back from Sugou’s wicked hands. In one form or another, she is family to me too.”

 

Midori says, with a sigh, “I know, Serena-san. And I think…No. You are actually right about her being family to her. She is my daughter, but she is also your sister in a literal fashion.”

 

There are confused looks and Kazuto asks, “What do you mean mom?”

 

Midori says, “I should have told you…I should have told you the day that I found out that my daughter is Sailor Celestial. There is something about Suguha that I only told your father and it was hard for him to believe, but then again, I really didn’t believe it happened until that day.”

 

Keiko asks, “What do you mean Ms. Midori-san?”

 

Midori says, with a sigh, “I think that she can help me.”

 

Kazuto asks, “She who?”

 

Raye, Amara, and Trista then ‘sense a presence’ and Midori says, “Your majesty.”

 

Just then the spirit of Queen Serenity makes her appearance and Queen Serenity says, “It has been a long time, Midori-san.”

 

Midori says, “Yes, it has.”

 

There are quite a few gasps of shock and Serena asks, stunned, “Serenity-mama, you know Suguha’s mother?”

 

Queen Serenity says, “Yes, we do, Serenity. We met half-way through her pregnancy with Suguha.” Queen Serenity closes her eyes in which the scene transforms to the inside of a hospital showing a younger Midori Kirigaya, around her mid-twenties, lying in a hospital bed with her waist expanded to show that she is well within a pregnancy.

 

Rika asks, “What’s this?”

 

Asuna asks Kazuto, “Is that your mother?”

 

Kazuto says, “Yeah, but she looks younger.”

 

Midori says, “That was when I was half-way through my pregnancy with Suguha.”

 

Hotaru says, “You look so pale.”

 

Midori says, “The doctors were concerned about my condition and they felt that may have to do something distracted which would have ended the life of my unborn baby. However, it was then she appeared.” Just then the scene shows the spirit of Queen Serenity appearing and younger Midori winching in fear at first, but she becomes calmer. Midori says, “Of course, I was afraid. Part of me thought that she was an angel ready to take me and my unborn child into the afterlife.”

 

Rika asks, with a sly smirk, “Can’t exactly blame you, Midori-san. How can any spirit that gorgeous not be an angel?”

 

Asuna gives a playful smirk at Rika and Queen Serenity says, “Thank you, Rika-san. However, I explained about who I was and needless to say, your mother was shocked.”

 

Midori says, “Well, it isn’t every day that you learned that your whole solar system was populated by human life-forces that lived for a thousand years at the least and had technology that rivaled if not exceeded today’s technology.” Midori says, “However, I was more shocked to learn that my unborn child, which I learned was a girl, is the reincarnation of her younger daughter and she had great power inside of her. And it was her power that was causing the ‘problem’.”

 

Kazuto asks, “Sugu’s power?”

 

Trista says, “Remember, she holds the power of Etherion as well as being the Sailor Soldier of Reality and that makes her very powerful.”

 

Queen Serenity sighs and she says, with a nod, “That’s right. And despite your powers being dormant and more connected with your star seed, your purely Earthling reincarnation couldn’t stop that power from ‘leaking out’ in tiny bits causing ‘complications’ for Midori-san.”

 

Asuna asks, curiously and nervously, “Wait? Are you saying that it could have killed Kirito’s and Suguha’s mother?”

 

Queen Serenity says, with a nod, “It would have killed them both if I didn’t intervene and there was only one thing that I could do.”

 

Suguha’s eyes widen as the scene showing Queen Serenity putting her hands over Midori’s waist and Midori says, “The only way to save us was for Queen Serenity to ‘bring back’ her ‘original’ Lunarian DNA.”

 

There are gasps and Raye asks, “Wait! Does that mean that Suguha is…?”

 

Queen Serenity says, with a nod, “As Suguha Kirigaya, she is half-Earthling and half-Lunarian already ever since the day that she was born in this life.”

 

There are stunned looks of amazement, especially from Kazuto and Serena, and Rika says, “You’re kidding!”

 

Amara asks Rika, “Does Queen Serenity look like the one to kid around Rika?”

 

Kazuto says, stunned, “Sugu…”

 

Lita says, amazed, “Okay, I didn’t see this one coming.”

 

Mina says, with a nod of agreement, “No kidding, Lita-chan.”

 

Midori says, completely in distress, “How can I say anything? What could I say? Despite who she was in the past, Suguha is my baby! She wasn’t even born yet! I didn’t care what happened to me! I couldn’t…”

 

Kazuto tells Midori, “Easy, mom. We understand. It is pretty hard to believe. I doubt that I would have even come close to believe it before what happened in SAO. But maybe it is the reason that Sugu felt the way she did at least partially.”

 

Kazuto then explains about Rainbow Gardens and Asuna asks, “So, you are saying that Suguha felt ‘out of place’ with her family ever since she could remember because she may have subconsciously known that she wasn’t like the rest of us that lived on this planet?”

 

Kazuto says, with a plain tone, “I think that it is partially that case, Asuna. Sugu, deep down, might have known that she was different everyone else, but I think that it was also combined with the ‘unfinished business’ with Kayaba back in the Silver Millennium from part of her that’s Princess Selene. And all of that is causing her ‘identity issues’ especially since she now remembers her Silver Millennium past life.”

 

Hotaru asks Trista, “Trista-mama, did you know about this?”

 

Trista says, with a sigh, “I had a feeling that the young Moon Princess couldn’t have been purely Earthling. The only Earthlings that could have chance are ones like from the Elysion royal family as the ones under the protective power of the Golden Crystal of Earth.”

 

Amara says, “However, due to the fact that Suguha’s powers are pretty much still dormant, this fact, much like everything else about Suguha, was kept from you.”

 

Rika says, “There was probably a good reason.”

 

Mina asks, confused, “Well, forgive me, but she doesn’t look anything like her past life. Why is that?”

 

Ami says, “It is most likely that Queen Serenity made sure that her Earthling genes were more dominate than her ‘new’ Lunarian genes.”

 

Queen Serenity says, “Correct, Sailor Mercury. Selene was reborn as an Earthling and the restoration of her Lunarian DNA was to ensure the new life of hers as well as the life of her new mother in which her ‘looks’ come from her Earthling family.”

 

Serena asks, “But what about now? Since her powers have awoken?”

 

Queen Serenity says, with a sigh, “Yes, her Lunarian DNA will take more prominence especially during these years.” Queen Serenity says, “However, it is the same for you. You are regaining your own Lunarian DNA, my dear Serenity. But despite that, you were reincarnated as Serena Tsukino and ‘she’ is much a part of you as you are my daughter, Princess Serenity. Please never forget your current Earthling heritage too.”

 

Serena responds, with a warm smile, “No, I won’t forget Serenity-mama.”

 

Kazuto tells Midori, “Mom, it doesn’t matter about Sugu being an Earthling or not. She is my sister and she has been in two lifetimes. I won’t stop until she is home.”

 

Midori says, with a warm smile, “I know, Kazuto. I just don’t know if I go through this a third time.”

 

Kazuto says, “Well, I’m going through this a second time.” Kazuto says, with a sigh, “Now, I know how you and Sugu felt when I was trapped in SAO.”

 

Queen Serenity becomes a bit solemn and Trista asks, “My queen?”

 

When everyone looks at Queen Serenity, she says, with a sigh, “I’m not sure if I should say this in front of you, Serenity, but I fear that legacy of SAO will play a part in this. I also fear that HE will take advantage of this.”

 

Mina asks, confused, “He?”

 

Darien says, “You mean Kayaba.” Queen Serenity nods her head and Darien says, “But what could Kayaba want with a duplicate of his game? I don’t think that he is into flattery despite him enjoying the fact that they had replicated ‘his world’.”

 

Kazuto says, with a serious expression, “You have a point, Darien.”

 

Asuna asks Kazuto, “What’s up Kirito-kun?”

 

Kazuto says, “I think that we need to check in with Seijirou.”

 

End Flashback; Return to the Present

 

Back in hospital room of Suguha, Davis, and Kari, Serena and Kazuto are looking at their comatose forms and Kazuto says, “We found out from Seijirou-san that original SAO severs were stolen.”

 

Serena asks, “I don’t get it. Why would they go after them?”

 

Kazuto says, “You would think that there was nothing left since the game was finished, the data deleted, and Asuna and the others that Sugou took are now safe. However, when Ymir got their hands on the ALO data and such, they found a copy of the original Aincrad on it. Something tells me that there was still secrets inside of those severs and someone found out about them.”

 

Serena asks, confused and concerned, “Do you think that it has to do what’s happening with Sword Art World?”

 

Kazuto says, shaking his head, “I don’t know. All we do know is that something is happening, but other than one of the Game Masters that went comatose as well, Sugu, Davis, and Kari are the only ones trapped in the game. However, there are plenty of cases of players suffering memory loss and we’re hearing that they are becoming ‘obsessed’ with the game even more than what hard core MMO players should be. It is like that they are becoming ‘addicted’ to the game.”

 

Serena asks, “Do you think that Argo will be all right?”

 

Kazuto says, “From what I heard, she is okay. They gave her medical examinations and she doesn’t seem like the others. It could do with her special ‘administration privileges’, but I can’t be so sure.”

 

Serena says, solemnly, “And we’re trapped out here since they managed to lock us out of the game somehow.”

 

Kazuto says, “That proves that they want us out of the game and it could be possible that Sugou did have agents that originally infiltrated Argus that got sent over to Future Divers when they first started in which the chaos of its start and SAO beginnings may have allowed them to slip through despite getting information from the government themselves.”

 

Serena says, fearfully, “I’m worried, Kazuto. If that monster is involved…”

 

Kazuto says, with a nod, “I know, Serena. I know what you, Asuna, and her brother knew from the very beginning. If it is him, we can’t let him get his way no matter what.”

 

Serena says, with a nod, “You’re right, Kazuto. We stopped him before and we can do it again.”

 

Kazuto tells Serena, “Serena, if Serenity-mama is right about this…”

 

Serena tells Kazuto, “I know what you are going to say and I don’t recognize ‘him’ as family anymore. I never did especially after what I learned that he did to Suguha when she was my younger sister, Princess Selene. He is my enemy now and forever especially if he intends to ‘use her’ again. I…No, I know that I have to end him once and for all. I’ve got to break the cycle between him and Suguha. Maybe then she can find her own peace with herself and move onto the future.”

 

Kazuto says, “Serena…” Serena looks at Kazuto and he gives a nod at unsaid agreement as the two of them look at Suguha, Davis, and Kari with serious expressions on their faces.

 

August 2025, Sword Art World, Level 22

 

Inside of what looks like a regular Japanese dojo, Leafa and Dai are fighting against what looks like a dark armored clad eight armed samurai as they barely dodge the sword swipes of the powerful monsters which is called Shiva Nobunaga as they are in the final stages of a quest to get the Duel Wielding Extra Skill, which was a one of kind skill that only Leafa’s brother owned in SAO, but in Sword Art World, anyone can get as long as they meet the requirements and complete this hard quest.

 

Dai asks, “Who said that it was a good idea to go after the Duel Wielding Skill?”

 

Leafa yells out, “Don’t blame this one me! You were the one that was so excited about it!”

 

Dai shouts out, “Blame game later! Look out right now!” Dai and Leafa dodge another powerful assault from this monster, which is obviously a quest boss, with three HP gauges in which one of them is empty while Akari and Strea are watching from the sidelines.

 

Akari asks, nervously, “Isn’t there something that we can do?”

 

Strea responds, with a smile, “I’m sure that they will be okay, Kari-chan. They are very strong.”

 

Akari says, “I know, but this guy is really quick for someone with so many arms and so huge.”

 

Strea says, “I’ll say.”

 

Dai says, “Dang! This guy is quick!”

 

Leafa says, “Well, he has so many arms and that means that he can attack a lot!”

 

Dai tells Leafa, “Did your bro ever tell on how he got his Duel Wielding Skill?”

 

Leafa responds, after dodging another set of sword swipes, “Yeah! He said that it went to the player with the fastest reaction time!”

 

Dai says, “Then that’s why this dude is so fast!”

 

Dai then dodges another set of attacks, barely, and Leafa says, “That’s right! And all of the tests have to do with speed and reaction time.”

 

Dai says, “Try to keep up!” Leafa nods her head and Dai and Leafa continue their fight against the quest boss in which they push themselves to their limits with speed and reaction time in which they are hard pressed, but they manage to finally defeat the monster and disarm him in which he collapses and shatters into hundreds of data polygons. Leafa and Dai, breathing heavily, collapse to the ground on their bottoms with their HP gauges down close to the red zone to show how difficult the battle was.

 

Leafa says, exhausted tone in her voice, “What a fight.”

 

Dai says, with a nod, “No kidding.” Just then a middle aged yet sagely dojo master comes out and looks at Dai and Leafa.

 

The NPC tells them, “You have done well, my students. You have past the final test of my school and I shall give you the great secret of the swordsmanship of ‘The Way of the Duel Swords’. Use it wisely.”

 

Dai and Leafa stand up, bow, and Leafa says, “Thank you, sensei.” Soon after, they got a massage saying that they have acquired the Duel Wielding and it is available for their Skill Slots.

 

Dai says, excitedly, “Awesome! We did it!”

 

Leafa says, with a nod, “Yep!”

 

Akari and Strea go over to them and Akari says, with a smile, “I knew you could it!”

 

Dai says, with a grin, “As if there was any doubt.” Strea then puts Dai into a bone crunching hug and he yelps in shock.

 

Strea yells out, excitedly, “That was so exciting! You were just awesome! I knew that you and Leafa-chan could do it!”

 

Dai says, with a grunt, “Thanks…Strea.” Leafa becomes nervous as she starts to sneak away, but she has no success as Strea spots her and brings her into a bone crushing hug as well.

 

Leafa yelps out, “Strea…” Dai and Akari look at each other and can’t help to laugh nervously at this situation.

 

August 2025, Sword Art World, Unknown location

 

Deep within an unknown location within Sword Art World, what looks like a futuristic lab, there is a figure coming into view and he looks at one of the screens.

 

The figure then says, in a familiar male voice, “I see that you are up to your old trick again. You have must have learned the ‘secret’ in the SAO severs that I left behind, but you don’t know the whole truth about them. You should take time to learn what you are getting, Sugou.” The figure then looks at a certain screen and he asks, “Selene?” We then get a view of his lips, which take a look of shock, and then those lips turn into a sly smile.

 

Early September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 25

 

Within the twenty-fifth ‘castle world’ of SAW, Dai, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed, Leafa, Akari, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, and Strea are a part of a large assault raid against the boss monster of this ‘castle’ which proved to be a massive metal titan that’s known as ‘The Supreme Black Knight’, who is a humanoid dark knight monster with four arms and few weak points including the slit for its eyes. Archers were important in this fight, but they were hard-pressed since the monster had a weapon on/in each arm and one of the arms had a hand-held crossbow which, due to the size of the monster, the bolt could cut a player in two and take down his/her HP.

 

Akari, armed with his bow and arrows, yell out, “It’s too much!”

 

Leafa says, “I know, Akari! You can’t get a good shot thanks to that armored jerk’s own long range attacks!”

 

Dai says, “Long range…Short range…and all range! Not to mention that he is armored to the boot! There are a few weak points!”

 

Strea asks, “What shall we do?”

 

The four of them dodge an attack from a massive cleaver from another of Supreme Black Knight in which one player wasn’t so lucky and Dai says, “Try not to be that guy.” Just then Dai, Akari, and Leafa are assault with images from the battle with the Floor 25 Floor Boss Monster of SAO.

 

Akari thinks in her mind, with a winch, “What are these horrible images? Is this what happened with Tai and the others in SAO?”

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, winching, “Is this what you faced, big brother? Is this the horrors of SAO?”

 

Strea notices them winching and she asks, concerned, “What’s wrong?”

 

Leafa breaks out of her stupor and she responds, a bit nervously, “Sorry, Strea. A bit stressed out.”

 

Strea responds, with a smile, “Don’t worry. After the battle, I can give you a good massage.”

 

Leafa responds, nervously, “No! No! That’s okay…Look out!” Just then Leafa throws Akari and Strea away from one of the large crossbow bolts in which she took it at the side and while it was a ‘glancing blow’, it was enough to take down her HP and causing her to shatter into multiple data polygons. Leafa thinks in her mind, before she ‘fades away’, “Kazuto…”

&n bsp;

 Early September 2025, Kirigaya household

 

Inside of the Kirigaya household, Kazuto, who had just gotten home from school at the SAO Memorial Academy, is inside of the room hears something crack and he then looks to see a picture of himself in ALO as Kirito with Usagi, Leafa, and Asuna with a crack in the glass frame through Leafa’s picture.

 

Kazuto’s eyes widen and he says, fearfully, “Sugu…”

 

Early September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 25 Boss Room

 

Back in the boss room of Sword Art World, Dai, Akari, and Strea are shocked at what happened.

 

Akari says, horrified, “No, Leafa!”

 

Dai says, angrily, “Damn it!” Strea’s eyes stay wide at what she see and unfamiliar images appear in her mind causing tears to flow down her eyes, but also to make her eyes go blank. She turns to face the monster with her features hidden and with her massive Two-Handed Sword, she charges right for the boss monster.

 

Akari yells out, worriedly, “Strea, what are you doing?!”

 

Dai shouts out, “Hey! That’s too dangerous!” However, Strea moves with incredible speed and agility in which she manages to leap onto one of the arms of the monster and she charges up to ram her sword into the face of the monster with the slit in its helmet causing it to roar out in pain.

 

One of the other players yell out, stunned, “Whoa!”

 

Another player shouts out, amazed, “How did she do that?”

 

Akari says, stunned, “Strea…”

 

Dai is also stunned, but he gets out of his stupor and he tells Akari, “Kari-chan, cover me! I’m going in!” Akari looks at Dai and he says, “This is our chance! I’m going to use IT!”

 

Akari is surprised and she says, with a nod when she gets over her surprise, “Right!” Dai then goes through his menu, another sword in a sheath strapped to his back appears, and he draws that sword in which he charges in with both swords in his hands towards the boss monster, who is wildly running and flailing around since Strea’s attack has just blinded it. Dai manages to leap onto one of its arms and hits the boss monster with Double Circular, the 2 hit Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo, right at a vital weak point on the neck which has just been revealed from Strea’s strike on its face and eyes. Soon after, Dai then jams one of his swords into the neck of Supreme Black Knight while Strea removes her sword from his face while Dai leaps over, grabs onto Strea, and leaps down from the monster to take her down to Akari as the boss monster roars out in pain before its HP hits zero causing it to shatter into hundreds of data polygons. Afterwards, the players cheer as the classic ‘Congratulations’ sign appears overhead and small ‘pop up screens’ appear in front of their eyes for money, items, and experience that the ‘surviving’ players had won. Dai gets a Last Attack Bonus prompt, but he ignores it as he prepares to go over to get his fallen sword before it loses its durability.

 

Before he heads off, Dai tells Akari, “Watch her, Kari-chan.”

 

Akari responds, with a nod, “Right.” As Davis heads off, Akari asks Strea, “Strea, are you okay?”

 

Strea looks at Akari with a confused look and Strea asks, “Huh? What’s going on?”

 

As Strea looks around, Akari says, a bit confused, “We won.”

 

Strea asks, confused, “We did?” When she sees the prompt in front of her and she says, amazed, “Oh, we did!”

 

Akari asks, surprised, “You don’t remember? You don’t remember running right up to the boss and impaling it in the eyes?”

 

Strea says, curiously, “Not really.” Strea asks, curiously, “Did I do that?”

 

Akari thinks in her mind, “What’s wrong with you Strea?”

 

Dai returns to the others and he asks, “What’s up, Kari-chan?”

 

Strea asks Dai, “Kari-chan says that I attacked the boss in the eyes, but I don’t remember. Did I do that?”

 

Dai asks, stunned, “Are you serious?”

 

Akari says, trying to change the subject, “Dai-kun, let’s get upstairs so we can activate the gate and then teleport back down to the Town of Beginnings.”

 

Dai says, remembering Leafa, “Right, Kari-chan.”

 

Dai and Akari start to race off for the door to the passage to the next ‘castle world’ and Strea yells out, excitedly, “Wait for me!” Before the other players can confront Dai, Akari, and Strea on what happened, the three of them race into the passageway into the next ‘castle world’ of SAW through they can’t help to wonder about Strea as well as be concerned for Leafa too.

 

Early September 2025, Sword Art World, Level One, Town of Beginnings

 

Inside of the Town of Beginnings, we find ourselves within Blackiron Palace as Leafa is revived from her latest ‘death’ and she stumbles out of the revival chamber in which she walks around shakily while holding her head.

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, “My head…It feels like…a huge drum…is going off…” Just then the horrible images of the people that died in SAO and the ways that they died come into her mind and she thinks, with tears starting to form, “Why? Why am I seeing the images of those people? How can I feel their pain…their agony…their despair? Is this punishment for my failure for ending Kayaba back in the Silver Millennium? Serena…sis…big brother…K-K-K…His name…Oh, please no…Why can’t I…big brother…I…” Soon after, Leafa collapses onto the ground and shortly thereafter, the young girl that they saw on the day that she, Dai, and Akari arrived in Sword Art Online walks up with what looks like a stoic face, but a tear streams down her right eye.

 

The girl says, with a solemn voice, “I’m so sorry. Please endure. I need you…She needs you…They need you…They must be stopped. Please end it…End the legacy of Sword Art Online.” Soon after, the girl vanishes through a teleportation effect as Dai, Akari, and Strea arrive on the scene.

 

Early September 2025, Kirigaya Residence

 

Inside of Kazuto’s room with his home, Kazuto is setting up his Amusphere as a holographic projection of Yui, in her human form, appears in the room from a projector set up in his room. She looks exactly as she did because the projectors are based on the same Solid Vision technology used in the Duel Disk for playing Duel Monsters.

 

Yui asks, “Daddy, what are you doing?”

 

Kazuto gives a smile and he tells Yui, “I’m going to be somewhere else today, Yui-chan. Tell your mommy and auntie that I won’t be in for ALO today.”

 

Yui asks, concerned, “Where are you doing daddy?”

 

Kazuto responds, with a smile, “Nowhere.”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, with a pout, “You are a poor liar, daddy.”

 

Kazuto asks, nervously, “Why do you say that?”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, “Mommy and I can tell when daddy is lying, daddy.” Yui then notices a certain ‘game cartridge’ in his hands and Yui says, “That’s the special cartridge that allows you to dive into Rainbow Gardens!”

 

Kazuto yelps in surprise as he tries to hide it and he says, with a sigh, “You caught me, Yui.”

 

Yui says, “You are going to see if there is a ‘backdoor’ into Sword Art World through Rainbow Gardens.”

 

Kazuto says, “Since Rainbow Gardens is connected to the ever growing ‘virtual universe’, it might have access to that place.” Kazuto tells Yui, “Please don’t tell mommy or Auntie Usagi what I’m doing. I don’t want them to worry. I promise to come back if I find a ‘backdoor’ and report it to them.”

 

Yui tells Kazuto, with a sigh, “No you won’t, daddy. After all of the pain and suffering that mommy and especially Auntie Usagi went through SAO along with the others, you will do whatever it takes to protect them. You will go into Sword Art World by yourself in order to get Auntie Leafa back yourself to keep them from reliving the horror of SAO.”

 

Kazuto winches from Yui and he says, with a sigh, “You know me all too well, Yui.”

 

Yui says, with a smile, “You are my daddy. I’m supposed to know you and my family!” Yui says, with a sigh, “Okay, daddy, I won’t tell mommy and Auntie Usagi for now, but if you aren’t back by a certain time, I will tell them.”

 

Kazuto sighs, knowing that he can’t win this ‘battle’, and he responds, with a nod, “Okay, Yui-chan.”

 

Yui says, with a smile, “Thank you, daddy. Good luck.”

 

Kazuto thinks in his mind, “I’m going to need it, Yui-chan.” Kazuto thinks in his mind, as Yui’s ‘image’ vanishes from inside of his room, “It is a real joy to have Yui with us thanks to Ami and Izzy creating those holographic projectors so Yui can be in the ‘real world’ in a way, but while she can ‘project’ herself and I helped create a mobile projector that will allow her to experience the world outside of the virtual worlds of SAO and ALO, her body is just a very realistic hologram in which she can’t feel, smell, or anything. She can only do that in virtual worlds like ALO. However, hopefully, with the REAL Solid Vision technology that we found among Kayaba’s inventions, we can allow Yui to be in the real world and Asuna can’t wait for that day. She can’t see Yui because we couldn’t set up these projectors in her house for obvious reasons. While her father would be accepting of Yui, Asuna doubts that her mother would be.” Kazuto thinks in his mind, “However, Yui-chan wants her ‘Auntie Leafa’ back and I intend to bring her home.” Kazuto installs the cartridge that allows him to use Full-Dive devices to ‘dive’ into Rainbow Gardens, the living virtual world that Davis and Kari were trapped in for around two years, and prepares to enter it in order to find a ‘backdoor’ into the world of Sword Art World to bring his sister, Davis, and Kari back home. He lies down on the bed, puts on his Amusphere, and he says, “Link start!” Soon after, Kazuto’s world is engulfed in a rainbow of colors as he leaves the ‘physical world’ for a ‘digital one’.

 

Early September 2025, Sword Art World, Level 27

 

Returning to the virtual realm of Sword Art World, we are in the twenty-seventh castle of the one hundred ‘castle worlds’ that make up this virtual realm where we are in the main town for this level, Geminate, due to this town been carved into a mountain where there is a mine with the town, many of the buildings are made of stone and concrete, there are lanterns with orange lights lighting up the town at night, and there are shops and facilities befitting of a Gold Rush boom town in the United States during the nineteenth century. As players go throughout the town, we head into one of the hotels/inns within the town where we find Leafa walking in to see Dai, Akari, and Strea inside of the same bed, again, with all three of them covered up by the blanket minus their heads with Dai and Akari having stunned looks on their faces.

 

Leafa thinks in her mind, stunned, “Why isn’t that anti-harassment code not going off?”

 

Dai tells Strea, “Geez, Strea! Not again!”

 

Strea asks, curiously, “What’s wrong? You and Kari-chan sleep together all the time, so, it is okay?”

 

Dai and Akari blush and Akari says, “Well…That’s different, Strea…”

 

Leafa asks Dai and Akari, “Did you and Dai turn off your anti-harassment codes for each other to make sure that it wouldn’t activate for any ‘romantic moments’ between you?”


Dai responds, “Well, no duh, Leafa!”

 

Akari asks, “Wait! Do you mean…?”

 

Strea asks, curiously, “The harassment codes? Are you saying that I’m bothering you?”

 

Dai responds, nervously, “NO! I mean, that’s not it, Strea.”

 

Strea says, in her chipper tone, “I’m so glad!” Strea then kisses Dai and Akari on the lips causing them to majorly blush before she yawns and goes back to sleep.

 

Akari says, nervously, “Uh, Strea…” Akari and Dai look at Leafa and she shrugs her shoulders with a smile. Leafa can’t help to enjoy this embarrassing moment because she needs something to make her smile since she feels like an important part of her has been torn out a while ago through it feels like ages to Leafa.

 

Early September 2025, Rainbow Gardens

 

Within the ‘living virtual world’ of Rainbow Gardens, Kirito, in his SAO avatar form, is battling hard in ‘level seven’ the level above the ‘bottom layer’ of the realm in order to get access to sixth level and be allowed to travel into other virtual worlds. Right now, he is fighting against a humanoid male with dark grey fairy wings and he is known as a ‘Dark Fairy’ with AI to match human intelligence quite well.

 

The ‘Dark Fairy’ shouts out, “It won’t be so easy to defeat me, human!”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “No kidding! This isn’t like fighting even NPC in SAO or ALO! His AI is a rival for Yui’s AI! This is more like fighting another player!” The ‘Dark Fairy’ prepares to attack him again, but he then dodges attacks from arrows and throwing knives which distract him allowing Kirito his chance in which he strikes with his two swords to defeat the ‘Dark Fairy’ in which he grunts as he shatters into hundreds of data polygons.

 

Just then a familiar male voice says, “It looks like we aren’t the only ones with this idea.” Kirito then looks to see none other than our Digidestined and Davis’ sister, in their SAO forms for Jun and the Digidestined that were trapped in SAO, and their ALO forms for those Odiaba Digidestined that weren’t.

 

Kirito asks, surprised, “Taichi? What are you doing here?”

 

Yamato says, “Kirito, you aren’t that dumb.”

 

Kirito rubs his head nervously and he asks, with a smile, “Can’t blame a guy for trying?”

 

Takashi says, with a smile, “It looks like we want to get to the next level in order to gain access to other ‘virtual worlds’ without the need for buying the game.”

 

Sam says, “Since we are somehow locked out of Sword Art World, this might be the only way.”

 

Izumi says, “However, it might not work.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, I know. If it were that easy, why didn’t Davis and Kari get onto Sword Art Online from here? But I have got to try.”

 

Junpier says, “No kidding, Kirito! I just got my squirt of a brother back and I’m not going to lose him to another virtual world!”

 

Taichi says, “Same here.”

 

Yamato says, “However, this place is no joke.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, like Sugu said from her experience…”

 

Kirito gives a sigh and Taichi says, “Kari, Davis, and your sister found their way back home from here and they can survive long enough for us to find them.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, Taichi, I know. But if Sugou is involved in this and if he finds out that Sugu is my sister…I just don’t want to think about it.”

 

Takashi says, “I know, Kirito.”

 

Kirito asks, “Is there…?”

 

Junpier and the Digidestined look at each other and Hana says, “No, we didn’t tell Serena or any of the other Sailor Scouts.”

 

Kido says, “Serena isn’t exactly in a ‘good state’ right now even after Sword Art Online ended so long ago.”

 

Kirito says, “She went through a lot lately including what Kibaou did.” Kirito’s hands clench on his swords, hard, remembering the experience of Suguha’s/Sailor Celestial’s near death at Kaiou’s hands.

 

Taichi says, “We’ll get them back, Kirito. We have to.”

 

Kirito nods his head and Kirito asks, “No solo this time?”

 

Yamato tells Kirito, “You had better believe it, buster.” Just then the group believe that they hear a certain blond haired ninja from another world sneeze, but they shrug it off for the moment.

 

Kirito says, “Let’s go.” Junpier and the Digidestined nod their heads in agreement and they venture off to get to the next level of Rainbow Gardens in the hopes that it will provide a ‘backdoor’ into Sword Art World to attempt to find Leafa, Dai, and Akari and bring them home as well as stop whatever ‘evil plot’ is developing in that virtual world and make sure that it isn’t another ‘SAO Incident’.

 

Early September 2025, VR Division

 

Inside of the VR Division’s main headquarters, Seijirou is discussing something with another government employee in that section with Seijirou having a serious expression on his face.

 

Seijirou asks, “Are you certain?”

 

The employee, a man, responds, “Yes, sir. It looks like they fooled everyone for a long time.”

 

Seijirou asks, “How were they able to pull it off?”

 

The government agent tells Seijirou, “Seijirou-dono, it was chaotic during the revelation on what Sugou was doing in the original ALO.”

 

Seijirou says, “Yes, but to make a dummy that fooled us all.”

 

Seijirou looks in deep thought and the government agent asks, “What are you thinking sir?”

 

Just then a female agent rushes into the room and she yells out, “Sir, we just got a report!”

 

Seijirou asks, “What is it?”

 

The female agent responds, “You…You aren’t going to believe this, sir!” The female agent hands some files to Seijirou, he looks at them, and his eyes widen in shock.

 

Seijirou asks, with a serious tone, “Are you sure about this?”

 

The female agent replies, with a nod, “Yes, sir.”

 

Seijirou says, “Get our agents over there and no one outside of our division unless necessary will learn about this! I want an information blackout now!”

 

The two agents are surprised by this, but they say in unison, “Yes, sir!” The two agents immediately raced off to fulfill their orders while Seijirou looks at the files in shock.

 

Seijirou asks, curiously, “How far ahead of your…our time were you, Kayaba?”

 

Early September 2025, Rainbow Gardens

 

Inside of Rainbow Gardens, Kirito, Juniper, and the Digidestined, in their SAO/ALO avatar forms, are matching through what looks like an underground tunnel.

 

Takashi says, “Okay, Kirito, this is your test to get to the level of Rainbow Gardens that allows you to enter other ‘virtual worlds’.”

 

Kirito says, “Yeah, I know. From what Sugu told me, it can be any kind of test.”

 

Taichi says, “After what we have been through, I doubt that anything can surprise us.”

 

Junpier looks ahead, gasps, and she asks, “Okay, what about HIM?” When everyone looks ahead, they gasp to see none other than Heathcliff standing before them.

 

Heathcliff says, with his classic sly grin, “Hello, Kirito.”

 

Kirito yells out, angrily, “Kayaba!” Kirito then draws his swords and charges right at Heathcliff, but when he gets close, he stops right in his tracks much to the surprise of everyone else minus Heathcliff.

 

Yamato yells out, “Why are you stopping? Get him!”

 

Sam says, “Hold on! He isn’t defending himself!”

 

Sara asks, “You’re right, but why?”

 

Kirito says, “I get why.” Kirito tries to poke Heathcliff in the chest, but a violet energy field prevents that and he says, “Thought so. You are a GM in this world.”

 

There are gasps from the others, minus Heathcliff, and Heathcliff says, with a smile, “Your detective skills are unrivaled Kirito.”

 

Kirito puts his swords back into their sheaths and he asks, “You are my ‘test’?”

 

Heathcliff responds, “Correct.”

 

Miyako says, annoyed, “That’s not fair! How can Kirito fight someone who can’t be hurt? That stinks!”

 

Heathcliff asks, “Now, who said that we could be ‘dueling’ in the ‘usual manner’ of SAO and ALO?”

 

Taichi asks, with a sneer, “What do you mean you scumbag?”

 

Heathcliff says, “I believe that this shall speak for itself.” Heathcliff then brings out his Liberator shield and sword combo and it transforms into a duel disk with a sword-like ‘blade’ for the ‘zones’ for the monster cards on the ‘blade’ with slots for the spell and trap in the shield along with the graveyard slot and the screen to display life-points.

 

Hana asks, curiously, “Duel Monsters?”

 

Heathcliff responds, “That’s right. You must defeat me in this match if you wish to pass and it is that simple. You win, you can pass. You lose, you have to try again. However, can Selene afford the time?”

 

Kirito sneers at Heathcliff and Kirito says, “I don’t have a duel disk or a deck even.” But then a dark grey version of a Neo Domino City Duel Disk appears on his left wrist with a dueling deck inside.

 

Heathcliff asks, “You were saying Kirito?”

 

Taichi says, with a sneer, “You can’t trust this fiend Kirito!”

 

Kirito says, with a sneer, “I know, Taichi, but I really don’t have a choice.”

 

Heathcliff says, leaping back, “I knew that you wouldn’t back down from a challenge.”

 

Kirito yells out, “I don’t especially not with someone’s life at stake!” Kirito and Heathcliff activate their duel disks, the life-point counter display 4000 life-points for each duelist, and after the duel disks shuffle their decks, both of them draw five cards from their respective decks.

 

“Duel!” Heathcliff and Kirito say in unison as their duel begins.

 

Starting Scores:

Kirito: 4000

Heathcliff: 4000

 

Heathcliff says, drawing a card, “I shall take the first turn, Kirito.” Heathcliff says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “I shall end my turn with one card face-down.”

 

The others are shocked and Sam asks, surprised, “No monster card in defense mode?”

 

Takashi says, with a serious tone, “I don’t like this. He is up to something.”

 

Kirito says, drawing a card, “I’ll find out!”

 

Heathcliff says, pushing a button on his duel disk, “And you are about to with Thunder of a Ruler!” Heathcliff’s face-down card is revealed to be the Thunder of a Ruler trap card and Heathcliff says, “Thanks to this card, you aren’t allowed to attack this turn.”

 

There are shocked looks and Taichi says, with a sneer, “I knew it.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “Is he toying with me?” Kirito says, putting one card on his duel disk, “I play my Twin-Sword Marauder in defense mode!” Soon after, Twin-Sword Marauder (1600/1000) appears on the field in defense mode and Kirito says, putting three cards into the spell/trap slots, “Then I place three cards face-down and call it a turn!”

 

Heathcliff says, drawing a card, “My turn.” Heathcliff says, putting one card on his duel disk, “Since you have two or more spell and trap cards on the field, I can play Escher the Frost Vassal from my hand!” Just then Escher the Frost Vassal (800/1000) appears on the field in attack mode and Heathcliff says, putting one card on his duel disk, “Then I release him to play Mobius the Frost Monarch in attack mode!” Escher vanishes from the field as Mobius the Frost Monarch (2400/1000) appears on the field to take his place.

 

Yamato says, “That’s not good.”

 

Heathcliff says, “Especially not for Kirito since I can destroy two spell or trap cards on the field since I successfully released a monster in order to summon him.” Just then a powerful frozen wind appears on the field, destroys two Kirito’s face-down cards which freeze and then shatter, and Heathcliff says, putting one card into spell/trap slots, “And even worse since I play my Double Summon to allow me to Normal Summon again this turn including Advance Summoning.” Heathcliff puts a card on his duel disk and he says, “And now, I release my Mobius the Frost Monarch in order to evolve him into Mobius the Mega Monarch in attack mode!” Mobius the Frost Monarch then ‘evolves’ into Mobius the Mega Monarch (2800/1000) in attack mode and Heathcliff says, “Normally, you would need two monsters in order to summon my Mega Monarch, but since I used a monster that was brought to the field by an Advance Summon, I only need my original Mobius. Now, three spell or trap cards on Kirito’s field are destroyed and you can’t negate this effect since I used a Water monster to bring my Mega Monarch on the field!” Another ice storm blows in and destroys Kirito’s face-down card.

 

Sara says, “He’s good.”

 

Taichi says, with a sneer, “It isn’t surprising Sora.”

 

Junpier says, with a deadly glare, “We are dealing with the madman that started Sword Art Online after all.”

 

Heathcliff says, putting one more card into the spell/trap slots, “Next, I play my Misfortune and now, I choose a monster on your field and you lose life-points equal to its attack points.” Kirito gasps as his monster glows and he yelps as he is attacked by energy needles as he loses 1600 life-points.

 

Kirito says, with a glare, “However, you can’t attack on the turn that you use that card, Kayaba.”

 

Heathcliff says, with a sly smile while putting the last card in his hand into the spell/trap slots, “Are you certain about that? If not, my Card of Sanctity can say things differently.” Kirito sneers as he and Heathcliff draw from their decks until they have six cards in their respective hands. Heathcliff says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “Next, I give my Mega Monarch my Fairy Meteor Crush equip spell card.”

 

Hana asks, confused, “What’s the point?”

 

Heathcliff responds, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “My Mischief of the Time Goddess spell card will answer that question, my dear. This card allows me to skip Kirito’s turn and go to my next Battle Phase.” There are gasps of shock and Heathcliff says, “Now, Mobius, attack his Marauder!” Mobius the Mega Monarch impales Twin-Sword Marauder with ice spears and impales it causing Kirito’s monster to shatter in which Kirito is sent skidding back by the ‘explosion’ as he loses 1800 life-points.

 

Taichi asks, “Are you okay Kirito?”

 

Kirito grunts out, “Yeah.”

 

Miyako says, “Kirito is nearly down to just over five hundred life-points!”

 

Sam says, “In one move. He is really good, but then again, we have to remember who we are dealing with.”

 

Heathcliff says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “I shall end my turn with a face-down.”

 

Current Score:

Kirito: 600

Heathcliff: 4000

 

Heathcliff tells Kirito, “I had expected more from you, Kirito.”

 

Kirito yells out, strongly while drawing a card, “You want more? I’ll give you more! My move!” Kirito says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “I’ll start with my Black Luster Ritual spell card!” There are gasps from the Digidestined and Junpier and Kirito says, displaying monster cards known as Beginning Knight (500/2000) and Evening Twilight Knight (500/2000), “And now, I send my Beginning Knight and Evening Twilight Knight to the grave in order to play my Black Luster Soldier!” Kirito puts a Ritual Monster card on his duel disk and bursting out of a column of light, Black Luster Soldier (3000/2500) appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Yamato says, shocked, “Whoa! That’s a card that was held by Yugi Moto, the legendary ‘King of Games’!”

 

Takashi asks, “Where did he get a rare card like that?”

 

Kirito shouts out, “And due to Beginning Knight’s ability, my Black Luster Soldier gains two special abilities including the ability to remove one monster from play!” Black Luster Soldier’s sword glows as he creates an energy wave that hits Mobius causing him to shatter.

 

Junpier says, excitedly, “Awesome!”

 

Kirito says, “And also due to my Evening Twilight Knight, I can remove one card from your hand until the End Phase of your next turn!” Another wave hits Heathcliff’s hand and one card vanishes from his hand. Kirito then says, putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “And now, I use Mystical Space Typhoon in order to destroy your face-down card.”

 

A twister appears to destroy Heathcliff’s face-down and after it is destroyed, Heathcliff says, with a smile, “My face-down card was Dummy Marker and now, since you destroyed it with a spell card, I get two more cards.”

 

Heathcliff draws two more cards and Kirito says, “Yeah, but you have nothing to protect you! Direct attack!” Black Luster Soldier slashes at Heathcliff, who blocks with his ‘shield duel disk’, but he is sent skidding backwards as he loses 3000 life-points.

 

Taichi says, excitedly, “Nice one, Kirito!”

 

Heathcliff doesn’t lose his ‘cool look’, Kirito puts two cards into the spell/trap slots, and he says, “I end my turn.”

 

Current Score:

Kirito: 600

Heathcliff: 1000

 

Heathcliff says, drawing a card, “Now, the card that you banished from my hand returns to me.”

 

Kirito asks, stunned, “What?”

 

A card appears in Heathcliff’s hand, Heathcliff displays Card from a Different Dimension spell card, and he says, “It is Card from a Different Dimension and when it is removed from play, it returns to my hand during my next Standby Phase in which both of us draw two cards from our decks.” Heathcliff and Kirito draw two cards from their decks, he puts one card into the spell/trap slots, and he says, “First, I play Monster Reborn in order to revive my Frost Monarch.” Mobius the Frost Monarch (2400/1000) returns to the field in attack mode and Heathcliff says, putting another card into the spell/trap slots, “Then I activate my Advance Force spell. As long as this spell remains on the field, I can use a level five or above monster as the only tribute needed for a level seven or above monster.” Heathcliff puts card on his duel disk and he yells out, “And now, I release Mobius in order to play The Supremacy Sun in attack mode!” Mobius vanishes and in a flash of light, The Supremacy Sun (3000/3000) appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Taichi says, shocked, “Whoa!”

 

Yamato says, “You aren’t kidding! That’s some monster!”

 

Heathcliff then says, while putting one card into the spell/trap slots, “Then I use my Heavy Storm to destroy all spell and trap cards out on the field.” A massive wind storm then destroys his Advance Force continuous spell card with Kirito’s two face-down cards and Heathcliff shouts out, “Now, my sun, attack his Black Luster Soldier!”

 

The others are shocked and Takashi yells out, “But they will both be destroyed!” The Supremacy Sun unleashes a powerful burst of solar energy while Black Luster Soldier counters in which both monsters explode as they are both destroyed while neither duelist loses any life-points.

 

Heathcliff says, putting two cards into the spell/trap slots, “Finally, I will activate my Dark Door spell card and now, as long as this card remains on the field, you can only attack with one monster per turn and then I shall end with one card face-down.”

 

Izumi asks, “Why did he do that?”

 

Miyako says, “Does it really matter? This is Kirito’s chance!”

 

Kirito says, “I draw!”

 

Heathcliff says, discarding his Card from a Different Dimension spell card, “And now, my Sun’s power activates. During the Standby Phase of the turn after it is destroyed, I can discard one card from my hand in order to revive my Sun.”

 

Kirito asks, shocked, “What?” Soon after, The Supremacy Sun (3000/3000) returns to the field in attack mode.

 

Takashi says, seriously, “That’s what he was going for! Kirito lost his strongest monster and now, he has regained his!”

 

Heathcliff says, pushing a button on his duel disk, “And to add to your troubles, I play my Spirit Barrier trap card.” Heathcliff’s face-down card is revealed to be the Spirit Barrier continuous trap card and he says, “As long as this card remains on the field, you can’t damage my life-points.”

 

Izumi says, “This is bad. Kirito can now only attack with one monster per turn, but even if he destroys his opponent’s monster, Kayaba won’t suffer any damage and he can revive his monster by discarding one card on the turn after the one it was destroyed in! It’s endless loop!”

 

Kirito’s eyes wide with shock and he thinks, “What…What can I do?” Kirito looks at his hand and he thinks, “There is nothing in my hand that can help me. Is this…Is this how far I go?”

 

Heathcliff tells Kirito, “Is that really all you have, Kirito? You disappoint me.” Kirito glares at Heathcliff and he says, “You insult the duel that we fought at the end of SAO with Serenity’s help. You insult the victory over Sugou that you won with this kind of effort. It makes wonder one how you won in the first place.”

 

Junpier yells out, annoyed, “Watch your mouth, you fiend!”

 

Heathcliff tells Kirito, ignoring Junpier, “You won through the strength of will. The strength of your heart. You feel like you have no power, but power is nothing. Power is a mere tool. The power is nothing, but the will is everything! Not even the Silver Crystal or even Selene’s Etherion is worth anything without the heart and will to use it! That’s what you and Serenity used to beat me and Sugou. That’s what you showed in the battle between you, me, and Serenity. If you don’t have the will, then you can’t advance any further and what happened to the Moonlit Black Cats will happen again and your sister will become Sachi.” Kirito’s eyes widen as he remembers what happened to Moonlit Black Cats, the first guild that he joined, and what happened to them, but instead of putting fear into his heart, this only served as the ‘spark’ to ‘ignite the flames of determination’ in Kirito’s heart.

 

Kirito says, lowly, “No, I refuse…” Kirito yells out, pure determination in his eyes, “I refuse to let that happen! I will save Sugu! I helped Serena beat you, I beat Sugou, I saved Asuna, and I WILL save her! I will save Sugu and I will end your legacy once and for all, Kayaba! Do you hear me?! This ends now!” Just then Kirito’s duel disk starts to glow and he looks at it in which he sees an image of monster. He doesn’t understand, but his instincts are ‘telling’ him something.

 

Hana asks, curiously and confused, “What’s going on?”

 

Kirito says, putting one card on his duel disk, “I send your Spirit Barrier to the graveyard in order to play Trap Eater in attack mode!” Just then Trap Eater (1900/1600) eats Heathcliff’s Spirit Barrier and comes to Kirito’s field in attack mode and Kirito says, putting one more card on his duel disk, “Then I play Gaia, the Mid-Knight Sun!” Just then Gaia, the Mid-Knight Sun (1600/1200) appears on the field in attack mode and Kirito shouts out, strongly, “I tune my Trap Eater with my Gaia!” Trap Eater turns into four stars that turn into four rings that surround Gaia, the Mid-Knight Sun making him become transparent and then a column of light appears on the field. Kirito then shouts out, “Rend the obsidian darkness, scorch heaven and earth! Isolated absolute king! Synchro Summon!” Immediately, a beam of light comes from Kirito’s Extra Deck, goes onto his duel disk transforming into a Synchro Monster card, and he yells out, “Burn him to ashes, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend!” Out of the light, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend (3000/2000), a version of Red Dragon Archfiend with ‘marks’ of the Crimson Dragon on its body, appears on the field in attack mode.

 

Kido says, stunned, “No way!”

 

Kirito yells out, “Hot Red Dragon Archfiend’s ability activates and destroys all other face-up monsters in attack mode! Crimson Flare!” Hot Red Dragon Archfiend unleashes its power and vaporizes The Supremacy Sun in which Kirito shouts out, “Now, end this! Go, Absolute Power Judgment!” Hot Red Dragon Archfiend unleashes a flame covered fist that sends Heathcliff flying through the air before his smoking form slams into the ground with a ‘thud’ as he loses 3000 life-points, ending the duel immediately.

 

Final Score:

Kirito: 600

Heathcliff: 0

 

With the end of the duel, the final ‘projections’ vanish and Takashi says, amazed, “He…He did it!”

 

Miyako says, excitedly, “Way to go!”

 

Heathcliff, his form still smoking, struggles to his feet and he says, with a smile, “Well done, Kirito. You win.” Soon after, the words ‘Congratulations’ appears above everyone and a prompt appears in front of Kirito that says that he is granted access to next level of Rainbow Gardens.

 

Kirito asks, “That’s it?”

 

Heathcliff says, with a nod, “Yes, you have won.”

 

Kirito says, “I don’t buy that.”

 

Heathcliff responds, with a smile, “You are very clever, Kirito. While you have managed to move on your ‘quest’, your ‘mission’ has yet to begin. Farewell.” He then takes out what looks like SAO teleport crystal and he vanishes through the blue light of a teleportation effect.

 

Sam says, “He is up to something.”

 

Hana asks, “But what?”

 

Taichi says, with a serious tone, “I don’t know, but I don’t like it. It might have to do with replica of Sword Art Online that Kari, Davis, and Suguha are trapped in.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Then we had better hurry. All of us have gained permission to get to this point. Now, let’s hope we can find a way into Sword Art World.” Junpier and the Digidestined nod their heads in agreement and the group ventures off.

 

Early September 2025, Sword Art World, Unknown location

 

At an unknown location in Sword Art World, Heathcliff teleports in and he says, with a smile, “Well done, Kirito. You have exceeded my expectations once again. However, not to ‘toot my own horn’, but I have yet to show you my full power.” Heathcliff then looks at a Synchro Monster card known as Ascension Sky Dragon (?/3000) with a picture of a huge silvery-blue and yellow dragon with blue eyes and he says, “I need your help one more time, partner.”

 

End of Chapter 15

 

(Sword Art Online closing theme ‘Yume Sekai’ starts)

 

As the scene floats down in front of us, we see the Moon Palace in front of a massive lake where instead of the palace, Aincrad is being reflected by the pool of water instead of the Moon Palace. As Aincrad is being shown, we see Kirito, Usagi, and Asuna, in their SAO forms with their ALO forms behind them, floating down and as we float down, we see Suguha Kirigaya surrounded by her ALO avatar of Leaf and as Eternal Sailor Celestial with the form of someone that looks like Princess Serenity, but with Sailor Celestial’s sigils on her forehead. And finally, we float down to see Davis Motomiya, in his Kirito’s style outfit, and Kari Kamiya, in her version of Asuna’s KOB outfit, together surrounded by the three Egyptian God Cards, the Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons, and many more ‘out of the ordinary’ Duel Monsters including the Aesir.

 

The final scene appears where it shows Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, Suguha, Davis, and Kari surrounded by all of their friends, comrades, and/or loved ones: The Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, Digidestined and their Digimon partners, Rika, Keiko, Andrew, and Ryoutarou.

 

Preview (Leafa’s voice)

 

“Next time: Virtualization Chaos.”

 

We have arrived at the end of one more chapter and I think that I have Strea’s personality done quite well I believe. Now, if you thought that Rainbow Gardens was done and over with when Davis and Kari returned from it, you are going to have to think again, everyone. Let’s just say that it will serve a purpose in future stories of this series, but you are going to have to read to figure it out. Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!