Digimon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad ❯ Secret Hidden in the Hollows ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I think that you didn’t expect Accel World crossover in that way, did you? Well, I did and like I said before, don’t think that it is just ‘one and done’ type thing, everyone. Minor spoiler alert! Accel World is going to play a role in the future stories in this series, but you are going to have to read and find out on how and why, folks. Yes, I get that that I’m repeating this same thing over and over again, however, I have to, so, I would like to give thanks and credit to Belletiger and Kanius and Kanius’ YuYuGiDigiMoon series, especially this author’s The Invasion of the Rajita story, for giving me permission to use the idea of Valkyrie Sailor Soldiers and everything that’s a part of them.

 

I DO NOT OWN Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Digimon series, Yu-Gi-Oh R/GX/5Ds/Zexal/Arc-V, Gundam series, including Gundam Build Fighters, Sekirei, Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed, Senran Kagura, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Tenchi Muyo series, Ronin Warriors, Dot-hack series, Naruto, World of Warcraft series, Power Rangers series, Tron, Code Lyoko, Rave Master, Mouse, and anything/anyone that comes from these and other stories that end up in this fanfiction! Sailor Moon is owned/licensed by Naoko Takeuchi and its various studios and publishers, Sword Art Online is owned/licensed by ASCII Media Works, A-1 Pictures Inc., and its various directors/publishers including Reki Kawahara and Tomohiko Itō, and Digimon is owned/licensed by Toei Animation and its various directors, including Hiroyuki Kakudo, Yu-Gi-Oh is owned/licensed by Kazuki Takahashi, Toei Animation, and Studio Gallop, Yu-Gi-Oh GX is owned/licensed by Naoyuki Kageyama, Studio Gallop and its various directors, Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds is owned/licensed by Katsumi Ono and Studio Gallop!

 

Warning: This story contains intense violence, blood, possible gore, death, mild to explicit suggestive themes, including mind-control and brainwashing, mild to explicit bad language, and mature adult themes/situations!

 

Second Warning: Some to a lot of OOC (Out of Character) actions and mannerisms in this whole story!

 

Year 2047 AD, Umesato Junior High School

 

Back in the future timeline where our Burst Linkers came from, Haruyuki, Kuroyukihime, Chiyuri, and Takumu are in their avatar forms within the virtual network world of their junior high school and discussing what just happened with Kuroyukihime creating a screenshot of Sailor Moon’s new Valkyrie Sailor Scout form.

 

Kuroyukihime asks, “Do you recognize her now?”

 

Chiyuri says, “That’s her!”

 

Takumu says, shocked, “Master, how can it be? That girl…she can’t be…”

 

Kuroyukihime responds, “Can’t be what Takumu? Remember, Sailor Moon is no ordinary human and many facts about her are being discovered after the war.”

 

Haruyuki says, “I can’t believe that the legendary Sailor Moon that we fought. She is…Well, she’s legendary for a reason.”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “I believe that we had fought a pre-war version of Sailor Moon and we might have been the force that allowed her to reach this stage of Sailor Scout power.”

 

There are gasps and Haruyuki asks, stunned, “But how Kuroyukihime-sempai? Brain Burst can do a ton of things, but I doubt that it can…”

 

Kuroyukihime responds, “Cause two timelines to intersect? I believe that Brain Burst and the Accelerated World are like a massive quantum computer and if another quantum computer intersects with another even if it is from another timeline or even another world, the time and the worlds can intersect and access each other causing them to ‘cross over’.”

 

Takumu asks, “Master, are you saying that a powerful quantum computer from the past connected to the Accelerated World?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “It is unbelievable, is it not? However, just several decades ago, our time would be considered science fiction. But I managed to bring up evidence to prove my theory and it involves two of those other ‘enemies’ that we fought.”

 

Chiyuri asks, “Who are you talking about Kuroyuki-sempai?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “The two known as Asuna and Kirito.” Kuroyukihime brings up some screens with a wave of a finger and she says, “I think that you would recognize these.” Just then news reports and news clips about Sword Art Online are shown.

 

Takumu says, “Of course, Master! Who doesn’t know about Sword Art Online? It is the most infamous virtual crime and the first great ‘cyber-crime’ of the twenty-first century! In fact, I believe that this is the twenty-five anniversary of the start of SAO.”

 

Haruyuki asks, amazed, “Really?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “Twenty-five years ago…” When the others look at her, Kuroyukihime says, “…the first of the second generation Full-Dive machines, the NervGear, came out and it is the first mass produced Full-Dive machine that allowed users to ‘dive’ into a virtual world. On November Six, Twenty-Two, the inventor of the NervGear, Akihiko Kayaba, created the first VRMMO game, Sword Art Online, and ten thousand people brought it. However, what they thought was an adventure in a brand new world turned into demonic nightmare. Kayaba trapped them within the game and any attempt to remove the NervGear would fry their brain due to the powerful microwaves that the NervGears produced if the safeties were removed. The players had to fight through the one hundred floors of the castle realm of SAO, Aincrad, in order to get their freedom and if anyone died in the game, they die in real life because the instant that they die in the game, their game avatars are deleted and the NervGear would fry their brains.”

 

Chiyuri says, fearfully, “Fry their brains?! That’s horrible!”

 

Takumu says, with a nod, “Yeah, it was, Chiyuri. In the first month alone, two thousand people died.”

 

Haruyuki says, shocked, “Two thousand in the first month? I heard of SAO, but I never knew it was that bad. It is a miracle that anyone got out alive!”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “Most likely, the people trapped in that prison learned and adapted, but it was a hard learning curb because the time that Sword Art Online ended just above two years after it began about four thousand people died. Even though it has been around a quarter of a century since that event and the majority of the survivors are still around, the details of SAO are still kept secret by the government. However, from what I learned, the survivors especially those in the final battle of SAO that allowed them to leave that ‘death game’ at least, there are three major ‘heroes’ of the game. They were known as Kirito, the Black Swordsman, a former SAO beta tester, Asuna the Flash, a leader in a game guild known as the Knights of the Blood Oath, and finally, the ‘White Valkyrie’, a female player that wore a special in-game to keep her facial features secret in which it is revealed that she was Kayaba’s formerly beloved niece.”

 

There are gasps from the other Burst Linkers and Haruyuki yells out, stunned, “Kayaba trapped in his own niece in that game?!”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a nod, “Yes, Haruyuki-kun. Based on information, Kayaba and his niece were actually close more like father and daughter before the nightmare of SAO that he trapped her in.”

 

Chiyuri says, horrified, “He trapped a member of his own family in that death game? That’s so horrible.”

 

Takumu says, stunned, “I can’t believe that anyone would be so evil.” Takumu asks Kuroyukihime, “Master, wait! How could you…? Wait! Does that…?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a nod, “Yes, Takumu. There are Burst Linkers that are sons and daughters of SAO survivors. In fact, the first Nega Nebulus had several Linkers that were ‘descendants’ of SAO survivors. Remember, it has been only twenty-five since the ‘SAO Incident’ and the first Neuro-Linkers came out around ten years since the start of SAO. So, you have to expect that many survivors are still around especially with what Sailor Moon and the others did after the war. People’s life-spans are extending and they are retaining their youth and vitality for longer periods of time in which it is most likely that we won’t age past our twenties or thirties at the most.”

 

Chiyuri asks, stunned, “Wow! Really?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “That’s right, Chiyuri. There are predictions that we will be able to live for ten centuries and not physically age beyond what I just said.”

 

Haruyuki says, stunned, “I can’t believe it!”

 

Kuroyukihime tells Haruyuki, “We are in a time of wonders, Haruyuki-kun. Remember, the NervGears were classified as a second generation Full-Dive technology and ten years after they came out, the first Neuro-Linkers came out in which they are classified as fifth generation Full-Dive technology. In just a decade from the ‘SAO Incident’, we have advanced so far and so fast.”

 

Takumu asks, “So, Master, what does it have to do with the people that we fought?”

 

Kuroyukihime brings up pictures of Asuna and she asks, “Recognize her?”

 

Chiyuri says, “Hey! It is that Asuna girl that we fought!”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “Asuna Yuuki, daughter of the chairman of RCT before the ‘ALO Incident’ where three hundred SAO survivors were found in the next supposed safe VRMMO, Alfheim Online or ALO for short, but the minds of those survivors were entrapped in that game and being used in horrible ‘mind control’ experiments by the leader of the Full-Dive division of RCT, known as RCT Progress. Asuna Yuuki is a victim herself since the Sugou Nobuyuki, who is now known as the ‘Second Kayaba’, because she was trapped in there through not experimented on and she is an SAO survivor herself.”

 

The other three Burst Linkers gasp and Haruyuki yells out, “An SAO survivor?! So that Asuna girl…?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a nod, “That’s right, Haruyuki-kun. In fact, she is one of the heroes of SAO as mention in the stories of the survivors: The legendary Asuna the Flash. I believe that young man in black with him was the other SAO survivor: Kirito, the Black Swordsman.”

 

Takumu says, “But they look so young…”

 

Chiyuri says, “Shouldn’t they be old right now? Well, I mean older since with what Sailor Moon is doing…”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a nod, “They should be adults by now and in fact, from what records I managed to get, they should be late thirties through they may not look any older than in their twenties. However, the two that we saw only looked like late teens. Most likely, as I said before, I believe that we fought two heroes of SAO in the past which explains their skills. Remember, they were trapped in a virtual world for two years.”

 

Haruyuki says, amazed, “Incredible. We fought heroes of the past.” Haruyuki asks, “But wait! What was Sailor Moon doing there?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, with a smile, “Something tells me that we can ask her ourselves one day.”

 

The others are confused and Takumu asks, “What do you mean?”

 

Kuroyukihime says, “Call it intuition, Takumu. I don’t think that we are done with Sailor Moon and I don’t mean just the Sailor Moon of our time.” Kuroyukihime’s fellow Burst Linkers are confused on what she meant, but Takumu and Haruyuki had a major feeling that she was right.

 

Sailor Moon Online: Shadow of Aincrad

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ starting)

 

As the opening ‘scenes’ being, we find Davis Motomiya, wearing an outfit similar to Kirito’s outfit expect his jacket is flame designed and two swords, an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, strapped to the sides of his waist instead of his back, walking down a street and looking at the sky.

 

Next, we find Kari Kamiya, wearing a pink and red version of Asuna’s Knights of the Blood Oath outfit with Crests of Light instead of crosses and strapped to her waist is a sheath for a rapier with a pink handle and a pearly white blade, also walking down a street and looking back behind her.

 

Then we see Suguha Kirigaya and her ‘alter ego’, Sailor Celestial, with their backs to each other with ‘thin wall of light’ separating the two of them in which the scene spins around as the two of them look at each other where Suguha is at her home on her side of the ‘wall’ while Sailor Celestial is in the Moon Kingdom.

 

All three of them are reaching out into the skies and then the world around them transforms into center of the Town of Beginnings for Sword Art Online in which the ground crumbles around them as those that died on Sword Art Online and more try to drag them into an abyss.

 

The scene then changes where Davis is cutting through legions of ‘monsters’ from SAO and ALO as well as youma in which a legion of Duel Monsters appears with Davis having a dragon similar to Stardust Dragon and another monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon, attack them with powerful strikes.

 

Then Davis is fighting against Heathcliff in which he transforms into the massive GM avatar that he used at the start of SAO in which Davis lands a series of blows before slamming him with Starburst Stream, the classic 16 Duel Wielding Sword Skill combo. Soon after, Kari and Leafa, Suguha’s ALO avatar, run at top speed behind Davis and the two of them leap into the air with Kari hitting the transformation Heathcliff with an attack that looks similar to Linear while Leafa does a forward flip and transforms into Eternal Sailor Celestial, also wielding an Elucidator and Dark Repulser, in which they glow with fire and wind power as Sailor Celestial prepares to attack.

 

Then the scene shows Kazuto as his Sword Art Online avatar of Kirito, Serena as her Sword Art Online avatar as Usagi, Keiko as her Sword Art Online avatar of Silica, and Rika as her Sword Art Online avatar of Lisbeth.

 

The scene then changes with Davis, Kari, Sailor Celestial, Sailor Moon, and Kirito looking over the worlds of Sword Art Online, Alfheim Online, the ‘real world’, the Digital World, and beyond.

 

Then there are displays of Darien/Tuxedo Mask, the Sailor Scouts, the Odiaba Digidestined, and Kayaba/Heathcliff before it switches back to a scene where Sailor Celestial, Davis, and Kari are standing in front of the ‘transformed Heathcliff’ with his back to their backs and cleaved into multiple pieces before exploding into hundreds of data polygons.

 

The final scenes show Kirito and Asuna, in her Knights of the Blood Oath outfit, along with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask being watched over by Sailor Celestial, Davis and Kari resting in front of a tree, and finally, Asuna’s Lambent Light rapier, Usagi’s Lunar Excelsior one-handed sword, Tuxedo Mask’s cane, Leafa’s ALO katana, and an Elucidator and Dark Repulser swords are all together in a pile with Neo Domino City Duel Disks and Davis’ and Kari’s D-3 digivices ‘attached’ to them.

 

(Sword Art Online opening theme music ‘Crossing Fields’ ending)

 

Chapter 18: Secret Hidden in the Hollows

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Hollow Testing Grounds

 

Inside of the hidden testing grounds of Sword Art World, known as the Hollow Testing Grounds, Philia, Kirito, Asuna, Yui, Silica, Lisbeth, Usagi, Mamoru, in his current SAW avatar, the Sailor Scouts, in their new SAW avatars, Taichi, Yamato, Takashi, Junpier, Sam, and Miyako along with their Digimon partners as well as Veemon and Gatomon are going through the testing grounds to reach a giant sphere floating in the virtual skies which contains the administrative area and their way into the ‘main game’ of Sword Art World itself.

 

Kirito asks Yui, “So, we have our stats and skills up to the final battle of SAO?”

 

Yui says, “Yes, daddy. It is most likely due to the original SAO server being connected into the servers that this world uses and they are compatible since Sword Art World with very similar to Sword Art Online.”

 

Miyako tells Yui, “Well, a bit too similar if you ask me.”

 

Sam tells Miyako, with a comforting smile, “Easy, Miyako.”

 

Miyako says, with a smile, “I know.”

 

Hino says, “Well, it doesn’t explain why our stats are so high.”

 

Yui says, “I believe that case is because there is a duplicate of ALO data in here as well.”

 

There are looks of shock and Mizuno asks, “ALO data?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, Mizuno. I believe that it is old ALO data before ALO’s administration was taken over by Ymir and New Aincrad was put into it.”

 

Makoto asks, “Okay, it explains our levels, skills, and stats. But why is that data here?”

 

Yui says, “I can’t be certain. However, the player data is only here in this testing area.”

 

Junpier asks, “Why?”

 

Usagi asks, looking at one location, “Huh?” Everyone looks at that location and they see a group of players.

 

Takashi asks, “Other players?”

 

Yui responds, “No, Takashi. They aren’t other players…at least in the normal sense.”

 

Asuna asks, “What do you mean Yui-chan?”

 

Yui responds, “They are AI duplicates of players made for this testing area using current player data and registrar or at least they are supposed to.”

 

Usagi asks, “Wait! They are ‘copies’ of actual players?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “That’s right, Auntie Usagi. They are being used in this testing area for assisting the mental health programs of Sword Art World.”

 

Kirito says, “To test the mental and psychological ‘factors’ of the game and see what everything, including new additions, would do to players.”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “That’s correct, daddy. With the information supplied by Seijirou-san and Tokyu-san, I know that because of what happened in SAO, there are mental and psychological factors of games to consider especially with what’s happening in the world today in the aftermath of both SAO and the original ALO. In fact, Future Divers recommended that all VRMMO games have a mental health program because all of these factors.”

 

Hino says, “Doesn’t mean that they took that ‘advice’.”

 

Yui says, “Yes. There are quite a few VRMMO today that aren’t ‘approved’ by Future Divers. One of them is a popular VRMMO known as Gun Gale Online also known as GGO.”

 

Sam says, “I’ve heard of that game. It is based in America and it is supposedly a ‘shady game’.”

 

Yamato asks, “Shady?”

 

Kirito says, “Due to a ‘cash conversation system’ in which you can convert game money into real world money.”

 

Minako asks, stunned, “Whoa! Really?”

 

Sam says, with a nod, “Yeah, it is the reason that it is in a legal ‘grey area’ and their actual address and private information are very secret.”

 

Haruka says, “Thus the ‘shady’ business.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “That’s right, Haruka. However, despite it, it is a VRMMO that’s full of pro players.”

 

Taichi says, “That’s not surprising, Kirito.”

 

Asuna asks Yui, “Yui-chan, about these ‘AI players’, are there any AI duplicates of us?”

 

Yui says, “It is possible because your old SAO data and plenty of ALO player data are inside of the system of Sword Art World, but I have no idea why.”

 

Mamoru says, “Probably ‘they’ brought it in for their plans.”

 

Kirito says, “Good theory, Mamoru.”

 

Yui says, “However, this is designed like an SAO testing area and from what I believe, no players should be in this testing area. But there are protocols designed just in case an error allows players to enter this area. The instant that the system detects that a player is within the testing area, the AI duplicate is immediately deleted so that the player and his ‘AI duplicate’ can’t meet.”

 

Takashi asks, “So, the instant that we got here, our ‘AI counterparts’ got deleted?”

 

Yui says, “That’s right, Takashi.”

 

Taichi says, with a plain tone, “That’s a bit of a bummer. I would like to fight a copy of myself and see how I stack up.”

 

Yamato says, with a grin, “You would, bro.”

 

Junpier says, with a smile, “Down boys.” On the meanwhile, Philia’s eyes widen at the remarks that Yui mentioned about the Hollow Training Area and the ‘AI players’ that inhabit it.

 

Asuna asks Yui, “So, if the old SAO data is here, does that mean…?”

 

Yui responds, “Yes, mommy. Even players that died in SAO could have AI duplicates here.” Usagi’s and Kirito’s eyes widen as they remember those that they see die in SAO, but Lisbeth’s former guild mates that died early on in the game also come to her mind as well.

 

Miyako says, “That’s…”

 

Junpier says, with a solemn nod, “Yeah, I know how you feel.”

 

Yui says, “Well, I believe that it is for the best that you avoid these AI players for now daddy. Despite them being programmed with the parameters of all of the data from the players of this game as well as SAO and ALO, we aren’t sure what kind of changes that their programming has gone under for any kind of test of emotional and mental parameters for the game.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Yeah, we might cause an error if we interact with them and especially if we fight them.”

 

Lisbeth whispers to Kirito and Asuna, “Hey, Asuna, do you and Kirito have seen her player cursor?”

 

Kirito tells Lisbeth, in a whisper, “It’s orange.”

 

Lisbeth tells Kirito, in a whisper with a strict tone, “How can you be so easy going Kirito?”

 

Asuna whispers, “Liz, this isn’t SAO. This is a game based on it and despite whoever is using it to their own evil ends, you can’t really die in this game.” Asuna whispers, a bit nervously, “Well, as long as you aren’t trapped in the game.”

 

Kirito whispers, “And remember, she is a survivor of SAO just like we are. How do you think she felt when she got trapped in another game?”

 

Lisbeth whispers, with a nod, “Well, you have a good point.”

 

Asuna whispers, “She is a victim of whoever is manipulating this game to their own evil ends and she is a fellow SAO survivor just like we are. We can’t just leave her alone.”

 

Lisbeth whispers, “Well, you have a good point. Usagi-chan, especially, will refuse not to help her. She worked her butt off helping players like us and she isn’t going to stop now.” Lisbeth whispers with a smile, “And you have a point. It isn’t like she killed someone.” Kirito and Asuna nod their heads in agreement in which they didn’t know that Philia was listening in on them and she can’t help to give a solemn expression in which Haruka and Hino notices quickly.

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Level 68

 

Back in the ‘main area’ of Sword Art World, Maron, Dai, Akari, Leafa, and Strea are together in which they are battling against a legion of massive Dark Knight style enemies in which Leafa and Dai block with using two swords at once to hold back a pair of them.

 

Maron says, “There are so many of them!”

 

Leafa says, in a strained voice, “We kind of see that Maron-chan.”

 

Dai adds in, with a strained voice, “No…kidding!!”

 

Strea says, with a grin, “I’ve got it!” However, Strea stumbles forward and she drops her sword.

 

Akari asks, confused, “Strea?”

 

Strea says, groaning in pain, “My head…” Strea holds her head in pain and she groans out in pain.

 

Maron asks, “Strea-san? Strea-san?”

 

Dai asks, straining to hold back the enemy monster, “What’s going on?”

 

Akari yells out, “I don’t know, Dai-kun! She isn’t suffering from any kind of status effect!”

 

Maron says, “Strea! Strea!”

 

Strea says, weakly, “So many voices…everyone…everyone is…” On the meanwhile, a group of Dark Knight monsters approaches that now helpless Strea.

 

Leafa says, concerned, “Strea!” Leafa then throws off her attacker and uses a spin kick to knock the monster down in which she gets over to Strea and starts to attack the monsters attempting to attack her.

 

Dai tells Akari, while battling his Dark Knight enemies, “Give them a hand, Kari-chan.”

 

Akari responds, with a nod, “Right!” Akari then uses a strong and fancy looking bow combined with her Archery Skills to assist Leafa in taking down the Dark Knight opponents. After a good and LONG fight, the group is done and they head over to Strea, who is still holding her head in pain.

 

Strea says, weakly, “Everyone…everyone…”

 

Maron asks, concerned, “What’s wrong with her?”

 

Dai says, “I don’t know, but let’s get her out of here.”

 

Akari says, “There is a safe area nearby.” The others nods as Dai picks up her weapon, straining a bit to do so, and they get Strea to a safe area.

 

Strea says, shaking her head, “Mmm, what happened? I guess that I blacked out.”

 

Leafa says, “You were holding her head in pain.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Yeah, I get these small headaches lately.”

 

Akari asks, “You are?”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Yes, I do. I get once in a while.”

 

Maron asks Strea, “If you do that, why are you still playing the game?”

 

Leafa says, “It can be a bit dangerous if you do that.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “I’ll be okay!”

 

Maron says, “If you say so, but it is for the best that you log out for a while.”

 

Strea says, with a giggle, “I said that I’ll be okay. You worry too much Maron-chan.”

 

Akari says, “Well, that’s because we are your friends, Strea.”

 

Strea says, with a sweet smile, “You are just so sweet, Akari-chan.” Strea then hugs Akari and she yelps as the strong hug that Strea is giving her in which the others are nervous at helping Akari out because they might become victims of Strea’s infamous hugs.

 

Dai tells Strea, nervously, “Okay, Strea, Kari-chan is thankful for your ‘thanks’.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “Okay.”

 

When Strea lets Akari out of the hug, she thinks, stunned, “How high is Strea’s strength stats?!”

 

Maron says, shaking her head, “You are really something else, Strea.”

 

Strea says, with a giggle, “I know.”

 

Dai thinks in his mind, nervously, “Something tells me that I doubt that.”

 

Leafa tells Maron, “Anything, thanks a lot, Maron.”

 

Maron responds, with a smile, “No problem, Leafa. Anything to help out a friend.” Maron tells Leafa, “Anyway, you, guys, must be major players! Every time that I log in, you are here! I mean…Sure, we can stay here for days since it will only be minutes and hours back IRL, but man, you are here every time that I log in!”

 

Akari says, with a slight nervous smile, “I guess that we are that good, Maron.”

 

Leafa says, nervously, “Yeah.” Leafa thinks in her mind, solemnly, “Sorry, Maron, but we can’t let you know the truth. If whoever trapped us in here are watching, they could consider you a threat and do who knows what to you.”

 

Strea says, with a smile, “They are really awesome!”

 

Leafa says, “Anyway, we should head back for the day.”

 

Akari says, with a nod, “Good idea. I can’t leave my shop for long.” The others nod their heads and take off to head back to the main town of this level.

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Hollow Testing Grounds

 

Returning the Hollow Testing Grounds, the group there arrive at what looks like a strange stone under the massive sphere that contains the ‘control center’ for this ‘testing ground’ for Sword Art World.

 

Makoto asks, “What’s this?”

 

Yui says, “This is the teleportation gate for the administration area. I can access it.”

 

Kirito tells Yui, “Be careful, Yui.”

 

Yui tells Kirito, “I will, daddy.” Yui then closes her eyes and the insignia on the door glows in which a teleport ‘effect’ causes them to vanish and reappear inside of what looks like a massive high-tech room with a GM console similar to the ones on SAO with screens showing all of the ‘castle worlds’ of SAW and much more.

 

Sara asks, “Where are we?”

 

Yui says, “The Testing Ground administration area.”

 

Asuna asks, “This is the administration area?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, mommy.”

 

Lisbeth says, with a whistle, “Man, this is something else.”

 

Makoto tells Mizuno, “A dream come true, huh?”

 

Izumi says, “I think that we can get access here.” Izumi and Mizuno start to get to work in which Yui assists them in accessing the control panel.

 

Soon after, what looks like a teleport gate appears and Silica says, “Look at that!”

 

When everyone looks at the teleport gate, Hana asks, “What’s that?”

 

Taichi says, “It looks like a teleport gate similar to ones in SAO.”

 

Izumi says, “That’s right. This will get us into the main game itself.”

 

Takashi says, “We’ll be able to get into SAW now.”

 

Junpier asks, “So, what are we waiting for?”

 

Izumi says, “Hold on, everyone.”

 

Taichi asks, “Why?”

 

Miyako says, “Kari and the others are waiting for us!”

 

Izumi asks, “To do what per say?”

 

Kendo says, “He has a point. We still have no way to bring them back to the real world.”

 

Mizuno says, “In which the answer might be here.”

 

Minako asks, curiously, “It can?”

 

Kirito says, “This is a console used by administrators, right? So, it must mean that we can access into the system and the programming.”

 

Izumi responds, “Theoretically, yes. However, it may only be limited to this area.”

 

Yui says, “That’s strange.”

 

Asuna asks Yui, “What’s strange, Yui?”

 

Yui says, “There seems to be a section of data and functions that shouldn’t be in this system.”

 

There are confused looks and Kirito asks Yui, “What do you mean Yui?”

 

Yui responds, “There are programs and data files that shouldn’t be part of Sword Art World. There is no information on them.”

 

Mamoru says, “Which means that not even the ‘higher ups’ of Future Divers know about them.”

 

Haruka says, “And that means that the group that’s responsible for what’s happening here are the ones that put it in there.”

 

Izumi asks Yui, “Yui, can you help me with this?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, Izumi-san.” Izumi, Mizuno, and Yui are typing on the keyboard of the GM console and after a good time, Yui says, excitedly, “We accessed it!”

 

Asuna asks, “You did?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, mommy.”

 

Lisbeth asks, “So, what is it?”

 

Yui, Mizuno, and Izumi look at the data, they gasp in shock, and Tomoe asks, “What’s wrong?”

 

Mizuno says, “I can’t believe this…”

 

Makoto asks, “What?”

 

Yui says, “Daddy, our theory is right. The Sword Art World servers are indeed connected to the original Sword Art Online servers, but there is something more! We found a hidden function and programs of Sword Art Online that no one found out about!”

 

There are gasps and Usagi asks, “A hidden function to SAO?”

 

Izumi says, with a nod, “Yes, I believe so.”

 

Mizuno says, “It looks like in the SAO servers, Kayaba actually hid a prototype quantum computer system within the servers of SAO.”

 

Yamato asks, “Wait! Isn’t that the kind of system that we used to get ourselves in here by digitalizing our bodies?”

 

Mizuno says, with a nod, “A similar one, yes.”

 

Izumi says, “However, it is a prototype one and it is a hidden ‘black box’ within the servers.”

 

Haruka asks, “Could these people know about it?”

 

Mamoru says, “I think that they do and I think that’s what they are after.” Mamoru asks Yui, “They can’t unlock the ‘black box’, can they?”

 

Yui says, shaking her head, “No, Mamoru-san. The ‘black box’ in the SAO servers is encrypted heavily and it seems to be connected to…The Mental Health Program!”

 

Asuna asks Yui, “The Mental Health Program?”

 

Usagi asks, “Hold up! Isn’t that what Yui was part of before she became an independent AI due to the errors in her system from all of the emotional energy of us?”

 

Kirito says, “That’s right. When SAO started, Yui was ordered only to observe the players, but not help them as her original programming made by the Argus programmers. We know that it was Kayaba that forced her into that situation. Due to contradictions in the order and her core programming, Yui started to gain errors after error observing us and unable to help us and per her core programing causing her to suffer. When she observed Asuna and I and our positive emotions, Yui, somehow, gained awareness and went to see us where we found her on the twenty-second floor. The rest you know, Usagi.”

 

Yui says, “Yes, but it seems like there was more to that order that meet the eye, daddy. From the information that we found, I, as well as the Mental Health Program, as a whole were to act as a ‘key’ to this ‘black box’ because it was gathering data on every single emotion that the players were expressed and harnessing it. Basically, it was gathering ‘emotional energy’.”

 

Minako asks, “It was gathering the energy of the emotions of the players?”

 

Haruka asks, getting a suspicious look, “Why?”

 

Yui responds, “I’m not sure, but from the information that I gathered, the servers were quite ‘fragile’ because you can compare the servers to a bag that’s filled to capacity and with enough ‘outside influence’…”

 

Kirito says, “The ‘bag’ will rip open.”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Correct, daddy.” Yui says, “However, there is more to the ‘black box’ than just that.”

 

Asuna asks, curiously, “More?”

 

Yui says, with a solemn tone, “I’m afraid so, mommy. It seems like the ‘black box’ had a similar function to what SAO’s creator did to himself.”

 

There are gasps and Makoto asks, “Hold up! Didn’t Kayaba use a modified NervGear to digitize his mind into cyber-space even though it destroyed his own brain in the process?”

 

Hino says, “That’s a big ‘no duh’, Mako-chan.”

 

Kirito asks, shocked, “Yui-chan, are you saying that every single player…every single person that died in SAO…?”

 

Yui responds, with a nod, “Yes, daddy. It seems like when their avatar was deleted all of the information went into the black box and when the NervGears were…’deleting’ the people in real life that died in SAO, it was actually to disguise a high-density scan created by the black box’s powerful quantum computer which was sent into the NervGear itself transferring any and all electrical signals including memory, into the black box itself.”

 

There are stunned looks and Lisbeth says, shocked, “No way.”

 

Kirito thinks in his mind, “Then Sachi…The Moonlit Black Cats…All of them…” In Kirito’s mind, the first guild that he joined, the Moonlit Black Cats, and all that happened with them come into his mind especially their ‘destruction’ with the single female of the group, Sachi, being most dominate in his mind.

 

Yamato asks, “Hold up? If the servers could have done that, then why didn’t he use it on himself?”

 

Mamoru says, “Because they only go one way…into the black box.”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “That’s right. And it also couldn’t be modified at all since it seems like the creator of SAO set it for that purpose and that purpose alone in which even he couldn’t modify it.”

 

Setsuna says, “So, in order for her to have the same effect as his ‘black box’, he had to modify a NervGear to do the scan in order to transmit it into cyber-space.”

 

Yui says, “Correct, Setsuna.”

 

Usagi asks, confused, “Why?”

 

Yui says, “Unknown, Auntie Usagi. When I had become separate from the system and my data became part of daddy’s NervGear and then his Amusphere storage, all information regarding to my functional connection to the black box of the SAO servers was lost.”

 

Kirito tells Yui, “It’s okay, Yui. Now, I think that we know why you got that ‘headache’ when you accessed the systems.”

 

Yui says, “Yes. I re-taped into the original SAO servers and the black box somehow. It is most likely due that I was once part of the SAO system itself.”

 

Kirito asks Yui, “Do you think that we could access the ‘black box’?”

 

Yui responds, solemnly, “I’m sorry, daddy, but that might not be possible. This console gives us only so much access.”

 

Mizuno says, “There is another console in the underground portion of this area.”

 

Tomoe asks, “There is an underground area?”

 

Izumi responds, with a nod, “That’s right. Right below our feet, but in order to get access to the console, we need a special key.”

 

Mizuno says, “Based on the information, the key is contained in a special chest within the Hollow Area. However, the chest is laced with booby traps and it is hidden away that need certain skills in order to find it and access it.”

 

Hino says, “So, basically it means that we need…”

 

A female voice says, finishing for Hino, “…A treasure hunter, Hino-san.” Everyone whips around to the source of the voice to see the same young girl that Leafa, Dai, Akari, and Philia had seen.

 

Philia says, “I remember you.”

 

The young girl responds, “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t let them get their hands on you. You have a role to play here and I couldn’t let them corrupt it with their greed.”

 

Asuna asks Philia, “You met?”

 

Philia responds, “In a way.”

 

The young girl says, looking Kirito, Asuna, Usagi, and Yui, “Kirito…Asuna…and Usagi. It is good to see you again. And Yui, I am pleased that you have ‘grown up’ into a fine young AI.”

 

Usagi asks, confused, “Do we know you?”

 

The young girl responds, “My name is Cardinal. I am the AI embodiment of the system that managed Sword Art Online.”

 

There are gasps of shock and Usagi yells out, flabbergasted, “What?”

 

Yui asks, stunned, “You are the AI embodiment of the Cardinal System itself.”

 

The young girl responds, “And you are surprised by this, MHCP001-Yui? Is it really all that surprising that due to similar factors and the complexity of the Cardinal System itself that it could gain the self-awareness as you had?”

 

Yui says, “Well, I have to say that could be possible…”

 

Kirito says, “Okay, you are Cardinal System. I think that you are here because the original servers got connected, but I don’t get on how you still exist. Aincrad was destroyed.”

 

The young girl, Cardinal, responds, “Aincrad was destroyed, but not the system that did that in which I was that system. You have to remember that during that when Asuna Yuuki and around three hundred were trapped in original ALO, the servers were still running and I was connected to the alternate Cardinal System of ALO which is an exact duplicate of me albeit with minor modifications and needed upgrades of course.”

 

Mizuno says, “You must have accessed the mental health programs of ALO’s Cardinal System and you might have ‘experienced’ what happened to the trapped SAO players.”

 

Cardinal responds, “Correct. The feedback caused my development into self-awareness, but the original ALO was shut down before I could assert that new awareness. However, the SAO servers were connected to this system by those that connected the original servers to the Sword Art World servers which are another duplicate of the original Cardinal System.”

 

Kendo says, “That part we know. They used ‘The Seed’ which had a ‘compact form’ of the Cardinal System to develop the VRMMO of today, but here, they managed to use that as their base with the expertise of the Argus and RCT Progress personal to recreate the original Cardinal System completely.”

 

Cardinal replies, “That’s correct. It is the reason that I am in this form before you.”

 

Haruka asks, “So, what do ‘they’ want?”

 

Cardinal responds, “Partially to unlock the black box of the SAO servers and get at its secrets and the other is to restart the work of the ‘fairy king’ of the original ALO that you have destroyed.”

 

The eyes widen knowing what Cardinal meant and Kirito says, “Sugou…”

 

Cardinal responds, “Correct. You were to think that he had spies in Argus before SAO started and they didn’t get far within since Kayaba already knew that they were Sugou’s agents. Sugou told them to remain as Argus fell since he heard about Future Divers and he had a feeling that they could be useful to him once he has perfected his mind control software in a covert sort of way. However, he also made it a ‘backup plan’ just in case the worst happened.”

 

Usagi says, “And the worst for him happened when we beat him in the original ALO.”

 

Cardinal replies, with a nod, “That’s right. He had orders to his agents in Future Divers, which gotten stronger due to the fact that members of ALO that weren’t known to be ‘supportive’ of Sugou, to make Future Divers a ‘backup’ just in case something happened to the ‘main project’ at RCT Progress.”

 

Mamoru says, “Which happened when we ruined his work.”

 

Kirito says, “And that’s possibly what Sugou went when he went to attack me at the parking lot of the hospital. He had a backup here in Future Divers.”

 

Izumi says, “And with security so bad despite having help from the government, Sugou’s agents came in without them even knowing it exactly as we theorized.”

 

Asuna asks, “So, Sugou is starting his evil work again?”

 

Cardinal says, “It is more than that. They are extracting memories from the players in order to get a better understanding of the human mind and human memory.”

 

Setsuna says, “They want to control all aspects of the human mind not just emotion and thought anymore.”

 

Cardinal says, “Correct. They also want to open the ‘black box’ and find out its secrets as well as the encoded memories, emotions, and all around mental processes of the dead SAO players to further that research because combined with the ability to download minds into VR environment, they may be able to learn how to alter them as they choose before returning them to their physical forms.”

 

Lisbeth says, shocked, “That’s just sick!”

 

Silica says, horrified, “That’s horrible.”

 

Usagi says, “That’s Sugou.”

 

Kirito says, with a nod, “Yeah, I know. And it is the reason for the memory problems of the players. It is Sugou’s associates tampering with their memories to learn how to manipulate memory itself. However, they don’t want it to become anything like SAO or the original ALO, so, they are trying to keep it low key.”

 

Mamoru says, “And making it seem like a ‘side-effect’ of VR these days.”

 

Haruka says, “We can’t let them get away with this and we can’t let them get access to that ‘black box’.”

 

Michiru says, “It means that we need to get to it first.”

 

Kirito asks, “But why Sugu, Davis, and Kari?”

 

Cardinal says, “I am responsible for that since I was the one who sent them those messages.”

 

Everyone looks at Cardinal and Usagi asks, “You are the one that lured them here?”

 

Cardinal says, with a nod, “Yes. Their deep connection to SAO in the Silver Millennium and for reasons unknown even to I, I know that they are the ones to stop what’s to come and save the souls of those that died in SAO and are trapped here. I can’t understand even my reasons, but I think that it is what you, humans, call a ‘gut feeling’. I believe that they are the only ones that can save them and I think that they are right since right now, they have the current ‘key’ with them.”

 

Miyako asks, “What?”

 

Cardinal responds, “MHCP002: Codename Strea. She is the second mental health program that took over as the ‘guardian’ of the ‘black box’ after Yui became self-aware and became ‘disconnected’ with the system.”

 

There are shocked looks and Izumi asks, “Are you saying that there is another mental health program from SAO in this system?”

 

Cardinal says, with a nod, “Yes. And thanks to what’s happening, Strea has also become aware and she has taken a player avatar within the game itself.” There are more gasps of shock and Cardinal says, “However, thankfully, due to the fact that the player avatar was from a player that registered into SAO, but didn’t join the game itself, she is ‘off the grid’ so to speak. But from what I can tell, she is with Leafa, Dai, and Akari, however, it is causing me to be unable to find them and I fear that Sugou will discover them since he has joined the game.”

 

There are gasps and Kirito asks, stunned, “Sugou is here?”

 

Cardinal says, with a nod, “In a player avatar of his own making and he has joined the player population, but while I am connected to my counterpart here in Sword Art World, I don’t have complete access to the system including that information.”

 

Taichi says, with a serious tone, “Then what are we waiting here for? Let’s get to the game and get him!”

 

Cardinal responds, “Wait. You need to get access to the main console or Philia will remain trapped in here due to her error.”

 

There are looks of shock and Philia asks, “My error?”

 

Cardinal tells Philia, “The others can see it in your cursor, Philia. When you arrived in the Hollow Training Ground, you saw ‘another you’, correct?” Philia gives a look of shock and Cardinal says, “It was an AI duplicate created by your player data and normally, it wouldn’t have happened, but due to some kind of error, you were transported into the Hollow Training Ground of Sword Art World and met your duplicate. Before the error was fixed and your AI duplicate deleted, your attacked it out of fear and a bit of ‘SAO instinct’ is what you called it. Since the AI duplicate was classified as a player, your cursor has become orange.”

 

Kirito says, “And basically, Philia-san’s orange cursor is an error since she truly didn’t attack another player, but a duplicate of herself.”

 

Cardinal says, “Correct.”

 

Philia says, amazed, “An error…”

 

Lisbeth says, “Well…I can’t say that I don’t blame you for freaking out. Even in SAO, seeing a copy of yourself would be freaky.”

 

Cardinal says, “However, until her error is fixed, Philia-san can’t leave the Hollow Training Grounds.”

 

There are gasps and Philia asks, nervously, “I’m trapped in this game and now, I’m trapped in here?”

 

Kirito says, in a reassuring tone, “Don’t worry, Philia-san. We’ll get you of here.”

 

Philia asks, confused, “But why?”

 

Asuna responds, “Why not? You are a fellow SAO survivor like we are. And we take care of our own.”

 

Usagi tells Philia, with a smile, “We’ll bring you home, Philia-san.”

 

Kirito tells Philia, putting his hand on her shoulder, “That’s right, Philia-san. We won’t abandon you.”

 

Philia can’t help to blush and she says, with a smile, “Thank you, Kirito-san.”

 

Hino asks Cardinal, “Can’t you do anything about it?”

 

Cardinal responds, shaking her head, “If I try to intervene, I will cause another error that will turn into another error and causing a ‘domino effect’ that the administration is sure to notice.”

 

Mamoru says, “In which Sugou and his associates here will notice and they may cut their losses.”

 

Haruka and Hino give suspicious looks and Kirito says, “All right, Cardinal-san, how do we get the key? We need to get started as soon as possible.”

 

Taichi asks, “Hold on! What about Kari, Davis, and Suguha?”

 

Usagi says, “I want them back as much as you do, Taichi. However, Philia-san is an SAO survivor and I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to her especially if it involves Sugou as well as anything that involves the legacy of Sword Art Online. It is also the same for Kari, Davis, and especially Suguha.”

 

Hino tells Usagi, with a sigh, “It seems like Suguha isn’t the only one hug up on this. I don’t blame you for being this way, Meatball Head, but it is…”

 

Usagi responds, “I know and I’m sorry, but it is the way that I feel since Kayaba betrayed me long ago.”

 

Cardinal then says, “Forgive me for causing more emotional distress, but I must tell you that my creator has long since been in this game.”

 

There are tons of gasps and Makoto yells out, “Kayaba is here?!”

 

Cardinal says, “It wasn’t the way that he had planned, but the elements are in place with Leafa, Akari, and Dai being here and they are together with Strea.”

 

Yui asks, “How can you be so sure?”

 

Cardinal responds, “With what data that I have on him, I know that he is here and remember, Strea is the ‘key’ to the ‘black box’ and using the console in the underground area, we will be finally able to unlock where Strea is along with repairing the damage to Philia-san’s avatar data. However, there is a danger because Strea will be revealed to the creator and Sugou along with his associates that have infiltrated Future Divers.”

 

Kirito says, “If both Sugou and especially Kayaba, since he is the one that created it, are interested in SAO’s ‘black box’, then we have to make sure that they don’t get it. We need to find them and this Strea and fast.”

 

Cardinal says, “Philia-san’s skills will be necessary and she has developed the necessary skills that a treasure hunter of her caliber needs.”

 

Philia says, “Which is why you lured me here.”

 

Cardinal says, “Forgive me, Philia-san. However, the souls of those lost in SAO are crying and it is the time for the legacy of Sword Art Online to finally put to a close. Only with your help along with Leafa, Dai, and Akari can this nightmare be put to its final rest.”

 

Usagi asks, “Why them?”

 

Cardinal says, “Life is a cycle and it began in the Silver Millennium with them in which it must end with them.” Cardinal says, “Now, we must hurry. First, you must retrieve the key. However, it is only the first step.”

 

Miyako asks, a bit suspiciously, “First step?”

 

Cardinal says, “You must use it to be granted access to the underground as high-level test players and in order to get that, you must beat the four area bosses of the four areas of the Hollow Testing Grounds. I will be able to teleport you to each of them and place you in the room before their chamber. Once you have beaten them, you will be granted access to the underground chamber, however, there will be a final test.”

 

Kirito says, “A final boss that we need to defeat.”

 

Cardinal says, “Correct, Kirito.”

 

Yamato says, sarcastically, “That’s not a surprise.”

 

Takashi says, “Things are never easy for us, bro.”

 

Cardinal says, “I will teleport you to the general location of where the key is, but from there, it is up to you and especially Philia-san to find and retrieve the key. If you wish to save those that you love and help them save the souls that fell to my creator’s obsession, I wish you luck.”

 

Taichi yells out, “Hold on a minute!” However, everyone, minus Cardinal, are teleported out of the room.

 

Cardinal says, in a slight solemn voice, “Good luck to you all.”

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Hollow Testing Grounds: Area 1

 

Within the first area of the Hollow Testing Grounds, our heroes and heroines teleport in through a classic teleportation effect used in SAO and they look around where they find themselves in front of what looks like an old fashion castle fortress.

 

Taichi says, annoyed, “That’s just great.”

 

Mamoru says, “This must be where that key is.”

 

Haruka says, “We shouldn’t waste any time.”

 

Kirito says, “I agree. Sugu and the others need us.” Kirito asks Philia, “Even though you are in a terrible situation, we can’t force you to do anything for us.”

 

Minako says, shocked, “Hold on! We need her! You heard what that girl said! That treasure chest is booby trapped and only a player with certain skills can open it! Skills of a ‘treasure hunter’!”

 

Usagi says, “That’s true, but we can’t force her to help us. She is a victim of this too.”

 

Haruka says, “Plus, how can we be sure that she is telling the truth? Personally, a ‘mistake’ sent this already trapped girl into this area where the ‘key’ is in which she has the skills to access the key.”

 

Tomoe asks, “You think something is up?”

 

Haruka says, looking at Philia, “I don’t think Philia-san was sent here on accident. I think that someone sent her here on purpose and made sure that she was trapped her by making get trapped from that error.”

 

Philia asks, “Wait! Are you saying that someone trapped me here on purpose?”

 

Silica asks, “Cardinal-san?”

 

Sam says, “That’s a possibility.”

 

Mamoru asks Hino, “What do you think?”


Hino says, “Funny thing is: I can sense her aura much like I sense Yui’s aura.”

 

Makoto asks Hino, surprised, “You can?”

 

Hino says, “Yui might be an AI, but she has an aura like a Digimon.” Hino points to the Digimon partners and she says, “The Digimon are made of data, but they are as alive as flesh and blood living beings.”

 

Michiru says, “That means that you can sense good or ill intent from them.”

 

Hino says, with a nod, “That’s right. It is similar to Yui too.”

 

Mamoru asks, “So, you sensed no ill intent from Cardinal?”

 

Hino responds, shaking her head, “Not at all.”

 

Kirito asks Yui, “What do you think Yui?”

 

Yui responds, “From what I can tell, she wasn’t trying to hide anything. I can tell that she was connected to SAO’s systems as I was. Looking over her and combing my memory data, she is an AI and her programming is similar to what was found in SAO.”

 

Asuna asks Yui, “Are you sure Yui-chan?”

 

Yui says, “I believe so, mommy.”

 

Lisbeth asks, “So now what?”

 

Usagi says, “I’m not really sure she is telling the truth, but I trust in Yui-chan and Hino and what they are implying. If the minds of those that died in SAO have been digitized, we have to get them back.”

 

Hino tells Usagi, “Then what Meatball Head? You have to remember that their brains were as fried as Kayaba’s was and their corpses were cremated long before him!”

 

Sam says, “And even if they weren’t. The brains were too damaged to put their minds back into their bodies. Like with a computer, their ‘hardware’ was destroyed.”

 

Kirito says, “Even so, we can’t let them remained trapped in here. A lot of them were innocent victims…Good people that didn’t do anything to anyone and they died in without getting a chance to say goodbye to their families. I have to agree with Usagi.” Kirito asks Philia, “Will you help us Philia-san?”

 

Philia doesn’t say a word for a moment and she replies, “I will.”

 

Asuna says, “Thank you, Philia-san.”

 

Lisbeth asks Asuna, “Asuna?”

 

Asuna says, with a sigh, “I feel the same way, Liz. I’ve seen plenty of people die in SAO and quite a few of them belonged to my guild.”

 

Takashi says, “I’ve got to agree with Kirito and Asuna. If anything, we can give them peace.”

 

Taichi says, “Right now, we can’t debate. We need to get this done in order to save Suguha, Davis, and Kari.”

 

Junpier says, “You’re right, Tai. Let’s go.”

 

Veemon says, excitedly, “Yeah!” The group of digitized humans and Digimon enter the castle and soon enough, they find themselves going through a virtual maze in which they end up hitting dead ends and going around in circles.

 

After a good amount of time, Miyako says, annoyed, “This is ridiculous!”

 

Yamato says, “It is like this place is designed to be a maze.”

 

Kirito says, “Maybe it is. And maybe there is a solution.”

 

Lisbeth asks, “What do you think it is?”

 

Kirito responds, “That’s a good question, Liz.”

 

Pina is looking at a section of wall and Silica asks, “What is it, Pina?”

 

Asuna asks Silica, “What’s wrong, Silica?”

 

Silica says, “Pina is pointing to this wall for some reason.” The group looks at the wall and they find indents in it.

 

Sam says, “It looks like one of those panels for those secret passages.”

 

Patamon asks, “But how do we open it?”

 

Veemon says, looking at a treasure chest, “Hey, here is a chest!”

 

When everyone looks at the treasure chest, Veemon moves toward it, but Gatomon says, stopping him, “Hold it, Veemon! This may not be part of the ‘main game world’, but this is still part of a game and we don’t know if that chest is booby trapped.”

 

Agumon says, “Good point, Gatomon.”

 

Philia says, “Let me see.” Philia says, using her skills, “Your friend is right, but I’ve got it.” Philia then opens the chest and a key appears in her hands.

 

Silica asks, “A key?” Just then the key starts to glow and the ‘indent’ in the wall glows in unison.

 

Lisbeth says, seeing that, “It’s glowing!” When everyone sees this, they see a keyhole appear in the wall and Philia then uses the key causing a passageway to appear.

 

Kirito says, “I think that we don’t take the direct path.”

 

Lisbeth asks, sarcastically, “What gave you that idea?”

 

Asuna gives an annoyed look at Lisbeth and Sam says, “It looks like that we need to take a series of secret passages down to where we want to go.”

 

Mizuno says, looking at Philia, “And the keys are in sealed chests that only someone of Philia’s skills can open.”

 

Gatomon says, “That girl was right. Only someone that’s a ‘treasure hunter’ can help us get to the key.”

 

Kirito tells Philia, “Philia-san, we’ll be counting on you.”

 

Philia nods her head and she says, “I’ll do my best.” Soon enough, our heroes and heroines go through the passageway and it is the same throughout the maze, but there are plenty of monsters to fight off, however, with their skills and Digimon assistance, they manage to get through with Philia using her skills to get the keys that they need through it isn’t ‘neat and clean’ on how they use them. Our group then finds itself in a massive chamber with what looks like a golden treasure chest on top of a pedestal.

 

Lisbeth says, “There has got to be a trap.”

 

Taichi says, “Most likely, the instant that we get to the chest or even before then, we get hit hard by a powerful monster.”

 

Takashi says, “I don’t think that we have a choice.”

 

Kirito says, “I agree.”

 

Kirito starts to step out and Usagi says, “Be careful.” When Kirito gets half-way between the others and the treasure chest, the room glows and shines up in which what looks like a fully armored version of Illfang the Kobold Lord, identified as Ravage the Kobold Lord, is against them in which armored minions, known as Kobold Paladins, appear with him.

 

Yamato says, “Obviously.”

 

Takashi says, with a smile, “However, they didn’t have these ‘aces in the hole’.”

 

Taichi asks, “Ready, Agumon?”

 

Agumon says, excitedly, “Yep!”

 

Digivolution

 

“Agumon Digivolve to…Greymon!”

 

“Gabumon Digivolve to…Garurumon!”

 

“Patamon Digivolve to…Angemon!”

 

“Wormmon Digivolve to…Stingmon!”

 

“Hawkmon Digivolve to…Aquliamon!”

 

End Digivolution

 

As the five Champion Digimon stand with their human partners, Makoto says, “I’m still amazed by this.”

 

Minako says, “Yeah, cute little guys turning into big and powerful monsters is really something.”

 

Gatomon says, “Well, without Kari, I can’t digivolve at all. This is really twitching my tail.”

 

Veemon says, “Don’t worry, Gatomon. We’ll get our chance.”

 

Lisbeth says, “You know this is kind of the first time that we have monsters on our side.”

 

Yui says, “However, the monsters of SAO and ALO are preprogrammed, but Digimon are living lifeforms made of digital information, Liz.”

 

Taichi says, “Right now, we’re here to get to my sister and the others back! Take them down!”

 

Greymon responds, “You got it, Tai!” Soon after, our heroes and heroines, with the Digimon leading the way, attacking Ravage and its minions in which while the minions proved to be not too tough, Ravage and its full armored form prove difficult since there are very few weak points.

 

Miyako says, “This is nuts!”

 

Stingmon says, “There are only a few points for us to get blade weapons in including my own!”

 

Sam says, “We need another plan!”

 

Taichi responds, “We have another plan! Greymon!”

 

Greymon replies, with a nod, “You got it!”

 

Digivolution

 

“Greymon Digivolve to…MetalGreymon!”

 

“Garurumon Digivolve to…WereGarurumon!”

 

End Digivolution

 

The giant cyborg dinosaur Digimon, MetalGreymon, Agumon’s ultimate form, gives out a roar and Taichi says, “You know that it was a good thing that Azulongmon let us keep the power that he helped give Agumon and Gabumon to become Omnimon against Diaboromon.”

 

Yamato says, with a nod, “You know it, bro.”

 

WereGarurumon tells MetalGreymon, “Get ready to take the shot, MetalGreymon.”

 

MetalGreymon responds, “Right!” WereGarurumon charges in for the attack against Ravage, but its punches and kicks aren’t having much effect on the armored monster.

 

WereGarurumon then leaps out of the way and he shouts out, “Now, MetalGreymon!”

 

Giga Blaster!

 

MetalGreymon unleashes two missiles from its chest and that attack slams into Ravage, who suffering significant through not major damage to its HP gauge, can’t take the powerful attack of the Ultimate Digimon and turns into hundreds of data polygons.

 

Philia says, amazed, “He did it!”

 

Taichi tells MetalGreymon, “Nice one partner!”

 

Makoto says, “I hope that we don’t trip error alarms.”

 

Hino tells Makoto, “Didn’t we just mention that thanks to Tokyu’s help, we made the Digimon seem like Silica’s monster partner, Pina?”

 

Makoto says, nervously, “Oh, yeah. Right.”

 

The Digimon return to their Rookie forms and Lisbeth says, “We could have used them back in SAO.”

 

Silica says, “I’m okay with Pina, but I would love to have a friend for her.”

 

Miyako says, with a smile, “Maybe someday, Silica.”

 

Kirito tells Philia, “It’s all up to you, Philia.”

 

Philia responds, with a nod, “Right.” Philia goes up to the treasure chest, she uses her skills to open without triggering any traps on it, and she pulls out a strange, yet beautiful medallion with a jewel that looks like a pyramid on its side and divided into four ‘pieces’.

 

Minako says, with a whistle, “Oh, wow. That’s nice bit of bling.”

 

Kirito asks Yui, “Is that it?”

 

Yui says, with a nod, “Yes, daddy. From what my scans tell me, we have the key.”

 

Haruka says, “That’s step one done, but we have a good way to go.” Just then Usagi, Kirito, Taichi, and Junpier gasps as they gain horrible visions about Leafa, Dai, and Akari.

 

Asuna asks Kirito, seeing this, “Kirito-kun, what’s wrong?”

 

Yamato asks Junpier, seeing her look of distress, “What happened?”

 

Junpier says, “Oh, shit. Yamato-kun, something happened to the squirt…something bad…”

 

Yamato asks, “Are you sure that it isn’t just nerves?”

 

Junpier yells out, seriously, “I know what I’m saying even I don’t understand it!”

 

Usagi says, concerned, “She’s right. Something happened to them. I can feel it.”

 

Takashi says, “It is most likely that ‘family bond’ between them.”

 

Kirito says, “We have to hurry and get this done to save Sugu and the others now!” Kirito yells out, “Cardinal!” Soon after, the whole group is engulfed in the blue light of a teleportation effect and they vanish from inside of the maze that contained this vital key.

 

Early October 2025, Sword Art World, Level 1, Town of Beginnings

 

Just outside of the revival chamber in the Town of Beginnings, Leafa, Dai, Akari, and Maron stumble out in which Leafa helps up Maron.

 

Leafa asks, weakly, “What’s wrong, Maron?”

 

Maron says, “I feel weird…This never happened to me while I ‘died’ before…”

 

Dai says, holding his head, “My aching head…”

 

Akari asks Dai, concerned, “Are you okay, Dai-kun?”

 

Dai says, “Everything, but my earlobes hurt, Kari-chan.”

 

Akari says, with a weak smile, “Well, you haven’t lost your sense of humor.”

 

Maron says, “Those monsters…were too strong…”

 

Maron stumbles forward and Leafa says, catching Maron, “I’ve got you, Maron.”

 

Maron says, weakly, “Thank you, Leafa.”

 

Leafa says, “We’ve got to get to an inn and now.”

 

Dai and Akari reply in unison, “Right.” The four of them stumble out and head out not knowing that they were being watched by none other than Alberich, who gives an evil smile.

 

Alberich says, “I have you now.” Alberich then creates a menu, pushes a button in it, and he vanishes through a teleportation effect, but since he was hidden away perfectly, no one sees him or the teleportation effect, however, Leafa and Dai gain a major feeling of dread through their virtual avatars. However, the two of them keep it to themselves for the moment in which their group stumbles away to an inn to recover not completely knowing of the evil shadow closing in on them…

 

End of Chapter 18

 

(Sword Art Online closing theme ‘Yume Sekai’ starts)

 

As the scene floats down in front of us, we see the Moon Palace in front of a massive lake where instead of the palace, Aincrad is being reflected by the pool of water instead of the Moon Palace. As Aincrad is being shown, we see Kirito, Usagi, and Asuna, in their SAO forms with their ALO forms behind them, floating down and as we float down, we see Suguha Kirigaya surrounded by her ALO avatar of Leaf and as Eternal Sailor Celestial with the form of someone that looks like Princess Serenity, but with Sailor Celestial’s sigils on her forehead. And finally, we float down to see Davis Motomiya, in his Kirito’s style outfit, and Kari Kamiya, in her version of Asuna’s KOB outfit, together surrounded by the three Egyptian God Cards, the Sacred Beasts, Signer Dragons, and many more ‘out of the ordinary’ Duel Monsters including the Aesir.

 

The final scene appears where it shows Kazuto, Serena, Asuna, Suguha, Davis, and Kari surrounded by all of their friends, comrades, and/or loved ones: The Sailor Scouts, Tuxedo Mask, Digidestined and their Digimon partners, Rika, Keiko, Andrew, and Ryoutarou.

 

Preview (Leafa’s voice)

 

“Next time: Truth Emerging from Hollows.”

 

We are now one chapter closer to the grand finale of this story and as I have said in the last chapter, Philia and Strea have their roles in phase of the story and now, their roles have been revealed in which I made sure that their roles are critical roles. And remember, despite being having all of their strength from SAO and then some, Kirito, Asuna, and Usagi aren’t all powerful even with our Moon Princess’ new Valkyrie Sailor Scout form. And also, this is kind of a spoiler and kind of not, but if you remember what happened in my Hollow Fragment story, you might get on how Leafa/Sailor Celestial got her ‘help’ in the final battle with Heathcliff. Later and best wishes, Crossover Fans!