Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ "Coming To Be..." ❯ One shot. ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


A/N: This is based appon a dream I had along time ago. This is what I came up with, adding on to my dream from when Ken was saved. Enjoy.

Fic contains: A bit of cursin' but other than that, perfectly safe.

Disclaimers: Don't own Digimon or its characters..

"Coming To Be..."




The night had come quickly.

Lightening struck harshly, as the wind moved the trees. Rain fell gently, upon the forest. The night had left a blue tent to the sky and the surroundings. The branches were like black figures in hues of blue.

The origonal digidestined all sat 'round a camp fire, talking and dreaming, all except Yamato. He was in the forest far away. He was sitting on a fallen log with his harmonica in hand. The rain wasn't a bother to him. He just sat, playing his harmonica.

A little boy sat beside him. The boy wore a dark shirt with blue shorts. His dark blue hair came down to his nose and over his ears. His indigo eyes never left Yamato as he played his music.

"Yama?" A voice called out, disturbing the silence of his tune. It was Taichi..

Taichi came into veiw in the darkness. "Oh, there you are.."

The young boy stood up as Yama placed a hand upon his shoulders.

"...With him!" Taichi sighed.

"I don't get you, Tai. What do you have against him? He just needs a friend." Yama said in defence.

"Yeah, well, our team doesn't need another person to deal with." He said, selfishly as he ran a hand throug his soaked hair in the light rain.

"Tai, you are so unbelieveable!" Yama shouted at Taichi.

"I told you he doesn't like me." The small boy whisphered to Yamato.

Yama looked at the boy. "It's okay."

"It's NOT okay, Mat!!"

"Man, calm down!!" Yama was up on his feet, now.

"Fine, you don't have to worry about me! I'll be okay.. alone!!" The small boy shouted, turned with one last glance at Yama, and darted away into the forest.

Mat flipped. "KEN!! COME BACK!!! PLEASE! Damn you, Tai! How COULD you?!!"

"Well, he's better off!" Tai scuffed.

Yama's eyes grew with rage. "Better off? BETTER OFF?!! YOU just let a young child go out into the forest, ALONE with NO protection of any kind!! You DARE call yourself the leader of our group, you MORON!!"

Taichi turned from him to see the DD's staring at them in shock.

Mimi spoke up. "Well, I for one, would've been happy to have that little kid join our group, Taichi!! Let's go after him, Yama."

The others looked at her, agreeingly.

Yamato continued. "You don't even know the boy, Taichi!! He's not a troublemaker! Unlike you!!"

Yama punched Tai in the face, knocking him to the ground, hard. Tai began bleeding from his mouth as Yamato walked back to the camp fire, very mad.

The boy ran futher and futher into the forest, crying as hard as he could. It was hard to tell what was tears and what was rain.

The vines and branches scratched and tore at him but it didn't stop him from running. All he could seem to think was, ~All I wanted was a friend!~ The rain beat 'crossed his face, stinging a little. He had ran far out of sight of Yama and the others by now.

The darkness had become much thicker here. Not watching where his was going, Ken ran right into a dragon, type digimon. The force of the slam knocked him to the ground, almost knocking the breath out of Ken.

Then, feeling helpless and beaten, he laid there and sobbed, not because of pain but because he was alone again, friendless.

"YOU!" The digimon roared. "What was THAT for?!"

Ken didn't answer it.

"Answer me!"

Ken just continued to lay there, crying.

"NOW!!"

Ken shook his head.

"Damn it! For last time, answer me!" The powerful digimon snatched the small child up, then spread his spiked wings.

He flew with the child into the air. They flew at lightening speed into the air, very high above the ground.

"FINE! Then, you can die for all I care!!"

Ken squrimed. "Don't please!! I've done nothing to you!!" He began crying harder. "Please..." He pleaed, trying to breathe.

"It's over, Ichijouji!"

"You know me?!" The child gasphed, trying harder to breathe.

"SPIKING STRIKE!"

A pink, luminous blade shot across the digimon's face.

The digimon roared in pain as he dropped Ken.

Ken breathlessly, hurtled toward the ground.

The dragon digimon exploded in the air and the powerful, dragonfly-winged digimon swooped down for the child.

Ken had passed out from the pressure of the fall.

"Hang on, child." The digimon caught the child in his arms and fluttered through the sky. He held the sleeping child who was cradled, peacefully.

The rain had began to stop now.

The red eyed digimon stared at the child as he flew, thinking how fortunate it was that he was able to save Ken in time. Though he didn't know Ken, he felt a need to be close to him and protect him. This young child was his life now, they were destined to be together. And he knew it.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Glittering eyes opened, revealing a soft shade of indigo.

"Hmmm?" Ken whispered. "Wha..? What happened?"

The colors gold and tanish-green filled his sight. Then, came light blue.

He looked to the right. He was in a desert, under the sade of a short tree in full bloom.

"Hello." A gentle voice spoke.

He turned his face to the left and his eyes met soft, blue eyes.

"Are you ok?" The voice asked.

Ken nodded. "Yeah, I think so."

The creature turned away from Ken for a moment, then turned back to him holding a small, brown bowl of water. "Here. Drink this."

Ken smiled as he sat up. He got a better look at this creature. It looked like a green worm. A very cute one, at that. "Thank you, hummm?"

"Wormmon. My name is Wormmon." He said, lowering his head as if to bow to the child. Then, returned to the same position. "The Dacomon said that your name was Ichijouji."

The boy's smile widened. "Ken. Ichijouji Ken." He said, nodding to the digimon.

"Ken.." The digimon whispered with a smile. "So, are you okay now?"

"Yes, arigatou.. Wormmon." Ken said, sipping the water.

"You're welcome."

"Where are we?"

"You are in a desert in the northern hemosphere of the Digital World, Ken."

"O..kay.. Ummm, what happened? Where's the bigger one?" Wormmon smiled. "I take it you mean Stingmon?"

Ken raised an eyebrow. "..I guess so.." He thought for a moment. "All I remember seeing was a pink glow, red eyes and silver wings, then darkness."

"Yeah, that was Stingmon. He was me. It's called Digivolving, Ken." Wormmon answered.

Wormmon took the bowl when he'd finished the water and filled it up again. "Oh, and this.." Wormmon said, grabbing something off the ground. Then, he gave Ken his bowl of water and a small, silver digivice.

"Where'd you get the water?" Ken asked, thanking him with a nod.

Wormmon moved aside so Ken could see the small pond. "Don't worry, the water's clean." Wormmon said with a smile.

Ken's smile brightened as he drank it.

Wormmon held out the silver digivice. "You almost dropped this."

Ken took it in his hand. "Thank you."

"Welcome."

"Why did you save me?" The little child asked keeping his gaze on him.

"Well..." Wormmon replied. "I didn't want to see an innocent, little child like you get hurt by such a powerful thing like Dacomon."

"Unfortunately, for him, he's not powerful enough for Stingmon." Ken said, slurpping up the last of the water.

Wormmon smiled. "I supose I should take that as a complement, Ken-chan. Arigatou."

"You're welcome." Ken placed the bowl down as if in thought. "..Wormmon?..."

"Hai?"

"Ummm. Will you be my friend?" Ken asked, suddenly, lowering his indigo eyes from sky blue ones. "I will, Ken-chan. If you'll be mine."

Ken smiled and nodded. "Hai.."

They sat there talking as the sun moved through the sky, casting a faint gold, indigo and pink color in the distance where the sand met the sky.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Ken was barely nine years old now and his older brother had died.

They had been walking for hours through the desert the second time he'd traveled to the DigitalWorld. The digimon, Wormmon, walk close beside him. Ken's eyes were lowered, full of sorrow and regret. ~I couldn't save him.~ Ken thought as tears streamed slowly, down his pale face.

~Ryo was my best friend and I couldn't save him. Melliniumon was too strong. And my neck won't heal!~ Ken sighed, gaining Wormmon's attention. ~I should've obeyed Osamu and never touched that digivice.~ He felt the cold metal of the digivice in his pocket. ~Something happened but what?~

"Ken?"

Ken glanced downward to Wormmon.

"Are you all right?" Wormmon asked.

His eyes narrow, a flash of emotion crossed them, then was gone. An ice-cold emotion poured into them, a wicked smirk touched Ken's lips.

"Yes. Yes, Wormmon, I'm fine."

Ken wipped his tears away.

"Don't worry.." He glaced out at the distant dessert. "..I'll never cry again.."




A/N: Ya like. I know it's badly written compared to some of my others but there's no point in having it saved forever if I'm not gonna do anything with it, right? Hope ya liked. Ja ne!