Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ 8 - Brother's Keeper ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Brother's Keeper

By Quincy Burney

Exactly how far would a brother go for the love and safety of the other? Let's find out shall we?……………………

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MATT, HELP ME!!!" TK screamed while in the clutches of Skull Meramon. Matt was held down by Phantomon's chains and was unable to move in order to save his imperiled younger brother. "TK…Just hold on, I'll save you!" He shouted hoarsely under in increasing constriction of Phantomon's steel chain.

"Weregarurumon! Attack Skull Meramon…help TK!" Matt ordered of his Digimon partner. "Right!" Affirmed the wolf type creature. Weregarurumon lunged at Skull Meramon and unleashed his attack… "HOWLING WOLF JAB!!!" The Digimon called as it let loose it's fabulous fists at the offending fiend of a Digimon who help TK captive. The attacks were viscous but to Matt and TK's utter dismay, they were ineffective as Skull Meramon only cackled with malice as he tightened his grip on the young Keeper of Hope. A choked cry spilled from TK as his body was being crushed under the menacing pressure of Skull Meramon's huge fists. "It seems you're at a tactical disadvantage." Mocked Phantomon, as Matt was powerless to stop his brother's torture.

"Matt…**cough, cough**…help…please" TK trilled weakly. The Keeper of Friendship watched in horror as TK was slowly being killed. "…Angemon" TK said in relief as he saw the majestic Angel Digimon descend from the sky. "HAND OF FATE!!!" Shouted Angemon and unleashed the bright orange beam of light at Skull Meramon.

KA-BOOOOOM!!! Went the attack as it collided head-on with the evil Digimon. But when the smoke cleared, Skull Meramon appeared unscathed from the shadows as he chuckled evilly. He held up his right fist in which TK was being held. He squeezed with devastating force.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" TK screamed in excruciation.

"TK, NOOOOOOO!!!" Cried Matt. Suddenly, Weregarurumon and Angemon attacked Phantomon, breaking the chains, and freeing the frantic Digidestined. Angemon hoisted Matt up and soared towards Skull Meramon. Matt jumped from Angemon's shoulders and landed safely on the one hand that held his almost unconscious little brother. "Hang on, TK!!! I'll get you out!" He said as he futilely tugged at TK, trying to free him from Skull Meramon's grip. The looming evil Digimon only laughed heartily as he again squeezed harder on TK.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" TK almost broke his brother's ears and heart with that most blood-curdling cry.

Matt placed his hands underneath TK's arms and pulled with all his earthly might, desperate to end TK's torment. Suddenly, TK threw his head back. Matt heard the sickening sound of a thick liquid being forced up TK's throat. Matt then gasped in horror as TK coughed up a huge spew of blood and became unconscious. An entire side of TK's face was soaked in the bright red fluid as Matt cried out in anguish. Painful tears rolled down his cheeks as Skull Meramon loosened his grip until he had completely let go of TK. The two overwhelmed Digidestined plummeted to the ground………two thuds……blackness.

Matt opened his eyes to see TK's seemingly lifeless body aside of his own. "T…TK!" He said hoarsely. He picked himself up and crawled over to his brother. He was lying on his stomach. Matt took in the awful site of his brother's terribly bruised skin as he turned him over. He was still unconscious. Matt shook him in attempts to wake him……no response………

"TK?…TK, wake up…TK!" Matt tried to lift his brother's limp form into a sitting position, but the fall from SkullMeramon's open hand had left him weak as a kitten. He sobbed aloud as the feeling of helplessness overwhelmed him. He draped himself over TK's chest and cried bitter tears of sorrow even as the battle was not yet over. Weregarurumon was down for the count, and Angemon still fought Skull Meramon. Suddenly, a white light………the sound of rampaging footsteps………the call of battle as the other Digidestined and their Digimon came to the rescue.

"Agumon, warp digivolve to………War Greymon!"

"Veemon, digivolve to………Ex Veemon!"

"Armadillomon, digivolve to………Ankylomon!"

"Hawkmon, digivolve to………Aquilamon!"

"Gatomon, digivolve to………Angewomon!"

Matt let out a shaken sigh as the reinforcements took their shot at the evil Digimon. Matt, with a renewed sense of hope, found the strength to stand up. He saw Davis run over and quickly drop to his one knee to cradle his gravely injured boyfriend, TK. "Oh my God, TK! Look what's happened to you. My love, you're gonna be OK!" Davis assured the unconscious Keeper of Hope. Matt, relieved that TK was now safe with Davis, looked over to Weregarurumon who had de-digivolved back into Gabumon. "Gabumon, can you warp digivolve?" Matt asked his Digimon, "Yes…I think I can!" Affirmed the horned creature.

"Gabumon, warp digivolve to………Metal Garurumon!"

All the Digimon unleashed their attacks on Skull Meramon………

"Terra Force!"

"Ice Wolf Claw!"

"Vee Laser!"

"Tail Crusher!"

"Sonic Ring!"

"Celestial Arrow!"

"Hand of Fate!"

The multiple attacks hit dead-on with the evil Digimon and made an enormous explosion (the likes of which the author of this story would be proud…^_^)

When the smoke cleared, SkullMeramon was gone. Destroyed! Digi-dusted! (you get the idea) All the Digimon de-digivolved back into their Rookie stages and danced in delight over their somewhat easy victory. Matt sighed with relief as he turned around to tend to his injured brother. But when he turned around, TK had vanished from the spot he once laid unconscious, and Davis was now on the ground laying unconscious, a rather large cut gouged into his forehead.

Matt whipped his head about in every direction, as Tai and Yolie inspected the injured Davis. Matt could see no trace of his brother. "TK?…TK!!! Where are you?" He yelled out. The other Digidestined heard Matt's call and rushed to investigate. "What is it, Matt? Where's TK?" Asked Cody, "I…I don't know. He was here a moment ago…and he's gone." The panic in Matt's voice was hard not to notice.

Matt rushed around the area trying to locate TK. "TK……TK!" His eyes began once again to flood with tears. Where is he? He wondered desperately. He was hyperventilating and was feeling dizzy. "Matt, calm down." Tai tried to comfort Matt, but it wasn't working very well. "TK…I have to find TK!" Matt said in an extremely frantic tone. This was so typical of Matt, still trying to protect TK at the first sign of trouble. There has been some improvement over the years, but Matt could still not deny his protectiveness of his beloved younger brother.

Tai, unable to stand the site of his lover in such a pitiful state, grabbed him by the shoulders, looked into his tears-stained eyes, and without a second's delay, took him into a tight embrace. "Matt, we'll find TK!" Tai assured his distraught boyfriend. "Tai……Find him. Promise me you'll help find him!" Matt sobbed. "I promise! I swear on everything I hold dear…I'll help you find him." He kissed Matt on the cheek before informing him of the need to regroup.

Suddenly, Davis called out from his sitting position. "Phantomon!" He said in a hoarse moan. "Huh?" queried Tai. "He's the one. He got the drop on me…he…he took TK!" Davis was in tears. Then Tai spoke up in the most serious tone Matt had ever heard. "Matt. We will find Phantomon and make him pay. But right now, we need to get back home. Izzy will be able to tell us where TK's been taken." Matt hesitantly agreed. They found the nearest Digi-port and transported themselves. Except for the first time, they'd left someone behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! Listen up! I was able to track Phantomon's signal to the very source of his deployment by the Digimon Emperor - The Digimon Emperor's very lair is where TK has been taken." Exclaimed Izzy. The group of old and new Digidestined wore looks of supreme worry on their faces. None more prominent, though, than Matt and Davis who were still shaken up by this indeed ominous situation. TK…How could I have been so stupid as not to watch my surroundings as well as you? He hung his head in shame. Tai held onto Matt's hand and wrapped an arm around Davis' shoulder. "It'll be OK!" He whispered to them. Matt looked up at Tai with those deep cerulean puppy dog eyes rested his head an Tai's shoulder. Davis just stayed silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile…………

In a dark room, underneath a black light's iridescent glow, TK lay on his back, tied to an operating table. Standing over him, was the Digimon Emperor accompanied by Wormmon.

"So, my pathetic little TK, you've finally met your match. I hope that Digimental of Hope doesn't fail you now, for you will indeed need a lot of it. Hehehehehehehe! In fact, I don't think you'll be needing it at all. Not when I'm done with you, anyway…hehehe…HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dawn's first light broke through the windows of the Ishida residence, and Matt got a face-full of it to wake him up. He moaned in annoyance and pulled his head under the covers. However, it wasn't even a few moments before to covers were ripped off of him. Matt quickly opened his eyes and looked around to see a bright blue, furry face staring him straight in the eyes.

"Gabumon!" Matt said surprised.

"Hi Matt! Rise and shine sleepyhead! Izzy has found a way to rescue TK without the Digimon Emperor noticing it.

At that, Matt sprang out of bed. "Great!" Matt said rather loudly and in a joyous tone. Matt closed himself into his large closet and came out not a minute later, decked out in full regalia. He was wearing a pair of dark sun glasses, an almost new relaxed fit blue-jeans, his black leather hiking boots, a bright red turtleneck, a pair of black leather gloves, and a black leather vest (Matt's got a thing for black leather…^_^;)

"Uhhh… Matt? This isn't Miami Vice, here. This is some serious undercover rescue stuff." Matt glanced at Gabumon for a brief moment then turned around and bolted into the closet again. Only this time, he came out having changed from a red turtleneck into a jet-black turtleneck. "There! Now my undercover look is complete. Let's roll!" He said with a thespian tone in his voice. "Thank you, John Crockett!" remarked Gabumon sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, at the Motomiya residence, there was silence. But not for long as Davis stomped his foot on the ground. "That's it - 3:00 - Time to go! He said with fervor. He was about to storm out of his room when he instinctively looked to his right to see a picture of him and TK. He stopped, and picked it up from the nightstand. He looked at it for a moment. It was of him and TK when they went on their first date.

It showed Davis holding onto TK from the side while TK looked forward with beautiful smile. Patamon and DemiVeemon were in the picture too. A sad frown crawled across Davis' face as his grip tightened on the picture. "We have to get him back!" He said softly. "Don't worry, Davis! We'll rescue him, no problem!" Assured DemiVeemon. Davis smiled slightly. He brought the picture close to his face, and kissed TK's spot on the picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at Izzy's house, the Digidestined and their Digimon gathered in front of the computer at which would be their port to the Digital World. "I still think we should get some of the other Digidestined to help us." Said Cody, "I mean, what if the Digimon Emperor has more fire power than we can handle?" He asked. "Hey! There's nothing we can't handle!" Yolie said assuredly.

"I think Cody is right!" Said Izzy. "The Digimon Emperor isn't as smart as he is for nothing." He continued. "We may need Matt and Tai to help us. And where's Davis?" Then said Kari. Suddenly, Matt, Tai, Davis, Agumon, and Gabumon, and DemiVeemon crashed through the door. "You rang?" They all chimed simultaneously. Matt had met up with Tai while on the way to Izzy's, then they both met up with Davis and they all traveled the rest of the way together. (As if they wouldn't…^_^)

Yolie and Kari giggled at the two boy's grand entrance. "Ok guys, now that we're all here, it's time to head to the Digital World." Said Izzy. "Right!" They all said. "Digi-port OPEN!!!" Called Davis, as the whole lot of kids were sucked into the pineapple laptop that sat on Izzy's' desk. Izzy himself would stay behind and be the eyes and ears of the Digidestined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thunder and lightning streaked the skies of the Digital World. A heavy wind blew through air, and an ominous dark cloud loomed over the area where the Digimon Emperor's lair was stationed. "OK guys, let's rescue TK!" Said Davis. As they marched the distance, Yolie picked up an e-mail that came from Izzy. "Hey Guy's, it's an e-mail from Izzy. It reads that there is a certain area in the region that the Digimon Emperor's sensors are blind to. If we follow that course, he won't be able to detect our approach." She grinned with delight. "Shouldn't be too hard!" Said Tai. "I hope not!" said Cody.

Matt however, upon taking a look at the immense black cloud that covered that one area, he took on the most frightening feeling of foreboding. Something isn't right! He thought. He couldn't quite describe it, but there was something strange going on, like something had been thrown out of balance. Usually, Kari would've been the first one to detect such an imbalance - her being so acutely attuned to the Digital World. However, if Matt was the first one to pick it up before Kari, than logic would state that something really WAS very wrong.

As they drew closer and closer to the Digimon Emperor's base, all the Digimon began to digivolve just in case a battle would have to be fought.

"Agumon, warp digivolve to………War Greymon!"

"Gabumon, warp digivolve to………Metal Garurumon!"

"Veemon, digivolve to………Ex Veemon!"

"Gatomon, digivolve to………Angewomon!"

"Hawkmon, digivolve to………Aquilamon!"

"Armadillomon, digivolve to………Ankylomon!"

"Alright! This is it, people! Time to kick some Digi-butt!" called Davisas the battalion came into visual of the Digimon Emperor's lair. As they came directly under the floating fortress of fortitude, A bright red beam shot out from the bottom of the huge structure. The Digidestined stopped in their tracks.

The bright beam of red light came from on opening in the bottom of the lair. From that hole, floated down a Triceramon. When it landed and the ground, The Digidestined saw someone sitting atop of Triceramon's back. "Who is that?" Asked Tai. "I dunno!" said Davis. The huge Digimon headed for the group, but for some odd reason, the Triceramon was moving very slowly. Perhaps not to throw off it's mystery rider.

The lumbering Digimon came to a halt, and knelt downward to let it's rider dismount. The strange character dressed from head to toe in shining black armor jumped to the ground and landed with the slightly intimidating sound of clanging metal. He wore a helmet with a pair of ram horns on the sides. He brandished a large sword at his side, and a long red cape dragged behind him. The cape was tattered and torn near the bottom edges and whipped madly in the prevailing wind.

"And just who are you?" Queried Davis in a hostile tone. The character paused for a moment before answering… "I am become death. The destroyer of Hope!" he said. His voice was deep and cold. "Yeah? And we're the Digidestined!" Proclaimed Cody. "I know!" Said this supposed black knight. "You know?…How do you know?" Asked Yolie. He didn't answer. Suddenly, the voice of the Digimon Emperor filled the silence.

"Hahaha! Don't ask him how he knows, you fool. He'll only disappoint you."

"How would he disappoint us? And where's my boyfriend?" called Davis, "SILENCE!!! No more questions. From now on, I am the one who does all the talking. The warrior you see before you, his name is Titus. Bred from the deepest seed of evil, he'll be your undoing."

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that Ichijouji!" Davis yelled.

"Oh yes, you'll see indeed! Titus, show them what they want to see. Heh!"

The Digimon Emperor laughed in malice as the so called 'Titus' slid his mask upward to reveal his face…………

Dead silence………………

"Oh my God!" said Davis in an almost-whisper.

"It can't be……NO!!!!" cried Matt. Before them, his face revealed, stood……

…… TK!

His ghostly pale skin behind the pitch -black armor accented the ferocity of his appearance. A ghastly grin graced his face as he chuckled evilly. "TK, what are you doing?" cried Tai. "I'm earning a living!" He said as he pulled his sword from it's sheath. The polished metal glinted in the red light that still poured from the bottom of the Digimon Emperor's flying fortress. TK turned around and mounted the back of Triceramon. He laughed insanely as he rode forth on the huge Digimon.

His sword held high, 'Titus' attempted to trample the Digidestined beneath Triceramon's gargantuan feet. They were able to scurry out of the way just in time so that they weren't flattened underneath Triceramon. "We have to fight!" Called out Davis. "NO! You'll hurt TK!" Hissed Matt and Davis together. "We have no choice. We can't help him if he's on top of that Digi-monstrosity." Matt and Davis glanced over as Triceramon veered around for a second run at them. He looked at TK's face. His eyes faded out from the beautiful cerulean that they once were, to a pale icy shade of blue, and his pupils had shrunk to the size of needlepoints making him look demonic in all aspects.

They could hear TK's insane laughter as Triceramon drew closer. Matt made a decision. "We have to surrender!" He said ashamedly. "WHAT???" The Digidestined all cried. "I won't bring myself to attack my brother." He said calmly. And I won't bring myself to hurt my boyfriend!" Proclaimed Davis. "Matt, that's crazy! We can't give in to the Digimon Emperor!" Said Yolie. She could say no more as Triceramon nearly squashed her and a few others on his second pass. "Oh, please! Give in to me! That's the best thing you could do right now!" The Emperor said over his P.A. system!

"I agree with Yolie!" said Cody. "We can't give in. We've come too far!" He continued. "Time to take out Triceramon!" Yelled Tai, "Go, War Greymon! Try not to hurt TK!" He ordered. "Right!" Said War Greymon as he flew into the air.

"TERRA FORCE!" He shouted as he let the huge ball of energy fly.

Before the attack could hit Triceramon, TK jumped off it's back and high into the air…

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Went the attack. Triceramon was destroyed.

TK landed on his feet with a huge thud creating a small smoking crater. He ran toward War Greymon and leapt into the air. Sword drawn, TK lunged at Tai's Digimon and slashed at him with everything he had uttering horrifying battle cries with every swipe of his blade. Luckily, War Greymon was a highly mobile Digimon and could dodge TK's advances with a degree of ease. However, TK was relentless in his attacks.

The other Digidestined watching from below were in shock as they watched their former comrade and friend take such vile hostility out on them. They wondered how TK was able to fly in the air, or how he was able to swing that large sword with what seemed like no effort at all. They also wondered how a Mega Digimon like War Greymon could be made sport of by a human…of course, TK was no ordinary human…not anymore anyway.

"TK…I beg you listen to me!" Pleaded War Greymon, "We shouldn't have to fight like this. Whatever the Digimon Emperor has done to you, you can fight it. We're you're friends, TK!" It was no use. TK was completely subdued by the powers of darkness that invaded his mind. "War Greymon, you can't hope to defeat TK by simply dodging his every attack. You have to fight!" Shouted Tai from down below. "NO! Don't hurt him!" Called Matt. "Matt, there's nothing else we can do. We've said it over and over. TK's not himself. We must do everything necessary to pull him out of this state, and if that means that we must fight him, then that is what we must do. If we don't, we'll be helpless." Tai explained this to Matt with such a depth of passion in his voice, that it took Matt no time to finally agree. He's right! He thought. "You're Right!" He said. Davis also nodded in agreement.

"That's my boys!" Tai said relieved. "War Greymon! Go! Fight TK! But don't hurt him…much!" Tai ordered. "Metal Garurumon! You too!" Matt called to his awaiting Digimon partner.

"Right!" The two Megas affirmed together. They began their assault on TK.

"Terra Force"

"Ice Wolf Claw!"

The attacks hit dead on. A huge explosion! Through the cloud of smoke that prevailed, TK hurtled through it and fell to the ground. His horned helmet came off and clattered on the ground a few feet away from his head. He lifted himself up, dusted himself off, and flew once again at the two air born Digimon above him. The attack pretty much turned into a fistfight between him and War Greymon and a maneuvering competition between him and Metal Garurumon.

WOOSH!!!…ZOOM!!!… CLASH!!!… CRASH!!!…

The fight was going nowhere! The new fighting and flying skills TK had acquired with his transformation equally matched those of War Greymon and Metal Garurumon. "I think it's time we pulled out the big guns." Said Davis. "Yeah!" agreed Yolie. The remaining Digidestined let their Digimon have a crack at TK.

"Celestial Arrow!"

"Hand of Fate!"

"Vee-Laser!"

"Sonic Ring!"

"Tail Crusher"

"Terra Force!"

"Ice Wolf Claw!"

The combination attack flew at TK and missed by a fraction of an inch. Just enough to burn the edge of his long cape. "Hehehe! I have to give you Digidestined credit!" TK said mockingly. "You almost had me there. Unfortunately, you're going to have to do better." He said.

"Hey! I have an idea!" said Tai. Let War Greymon and Metal Garurumon DNA Digivolve into Omnimon." Matt's eyes widened. "Are you sure?" he asked. "I'm positive! It HAS to work!" Tai said assuredly. "Alright!" Matt said. "Good! War Greymon, Metal Garurumon. GO!"

"War Greymon…"

"Metal Garurumon…"

"DNA Digivolve to……………… Omnimon!"

The towering Digimon stood anew in the bright white light that exuded from it. "HA! It's about time I was presented with a challenge!" TK said coldly. TK lunged at the newly formed Omnimon and swept at him with his blade. Omnimon easily dodged TK's every advance. Then, pulled out the first of his two weapons…

"Transcending Sword!"

The huge blade shot from Omnimon's left arm. With a satisfied grin, TK welcomed Omnimon's attack. CLASH…CLASH…CRASH… Their two swords collided with each other with alarming force, and produced a large spark each time. The Digidestined watched with a sense of new hope. With smiles across each of their faces, they cheered Omnimon on.

TK panted heavily as he was beginning to tire. "You're pretty good!" He complimented. "It's a living!" responded Omnimon. "A living that will be…… YOUR LAST!!!" TK shouted as he took a full force charge straight at Omnimon.

Omnimon didn't move, but when TK came so close that it wasn't even funny, Omnimon knocked TK's sword away with a powerful swipe…CLANG!… TK gasped in surprise and looked at his sword as it fell downward at stuck itself into the ground. He flew downward to try and retrieve it, but when he attempted to pull it from the ground…FLASH…Kari used the power of Light that shone from her Digivice and stunned him, leaving him temporarily disorientated.

"NOW, OMNIMON! Attack him while he's out!" called Kari. "Right!" affirmed Omnimon. He pulled out the second of his two weapons…

"Supreme Cannon"

Omnimon pointed the huge weapon straight at TK. "Omnimon, be careful!" Cried Matt and Davis from not too far away. Omnimon nodded and charged up the weapon. TK staggered about, waving his hands in search of his sword. And when he could finally open his eyes, he looked above him, only to be caught off guard. BOOM! Went Omnimon's cannon as it fired an elliptical energy ball at TK. There was no time to dodge the attack and TK was hit dead on.

KA-BOOM!!!!!!!!!

When the dust cleared, the others found TK had been thrown high into the air and was falling seemingly lifeless to the ground. "TK!" Matt and Davis cried as they ran to try and break TK's fall. He was cut short when Omnimon caught TK just before he hit the ground.

Omnimon slowly laid TK on the ground. The Digidestined gathered 'round. Matt and Davis leaned down overtop of TK, and both shook him gently. "TK…TK, wake up!" He said softly. TK moaned, and slowly opened his eyes. He took one look at Matt, then at Davis. His eyes still wide with the look of evil, he shot upward and jumped back. The Digidestined scattered into a large circle around TK.

"TK, it's OK! We're not gonna hurt you!" Said Davis. TK whipped his head around and almost frightened Davis out of his mind with an insane glare. He ran at Davis in a fit of Rage, but was stopped dead in his tracks as Matt stepped in front of him. "TK…no more!" He said calmly. "The hell with no more!" TK hissed as he lunged at his older brother with a series of fast punches and powerful kicks. Fortunately, Matt and TK were in the same Tae Kwon Do classes with each other some years ago and they had both attained black belts. They began to fight with equal strength at first, but TK, being somewhat out of practice, soon succumb to his elder brother's strength. A quick spinning heel kick to TK's unprotected head, and he was down for the count. Davis looked on in obvious sorrow.

Matt walked over to TK, and knelt in front of him. "TK…please stop this. It hurts more than you think." He said. TK tried to pick himself up and slowly staggered to his feet. He took a desperate punch at Matt's head, but Matt caught TK's fist in his hand. Then, abruptly took him into a tight embrace. "TK, we don't have to fight anymore." He whispered into his ear. TK's only response was a low, throaty growl. "TK, try to remember me. I'm your brother."…

"Matt…" TK said weakly. "Yes, yes! It's me, Matt!" TK was about to try and hug Matt back, but his arms were shot back as he broke away from Matt. TK whimpered loudly as he clutched at his aching head. "Uuuuuhhh…mmm…mMWHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!" TK began laughing insanely. "I will never be Hope again. I am the Destroyer!" Matt ran at TK again and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Try to remember something for me." By the tone of Matt's voce, it sounded like he had a plan.

"Remember this…" He said as he drew his head closer to TK's. And in a desperate attempt to restore TK's memory, Matt pressed his lips against TK's.

*** Flashback ***

5 Years ago………

Suddenly, TK abruptly took Matt into a tight embrace. Matt, though a bit surprised, lovingly wrapped his arms around his little brother in a moment of such serenity that it almost brought tears to his eyes. "I love you, Matt, my brother!" TK said in a soft voice, "I love you too, TK!" Matt replied. Never before had Matt ever felt so close to TK. He turned his head and laid a light kiss on his brother's cheek.

Suddenly, TK turned his head and laid a rather hard kiss on Matt's lips. It was a near five seconds before TK relinquished the lip lock with his older brother. And when he did, Matt was in a bit of shock. His eyes were wide and his jaw hung open slightly.

"W...What was that for?" He asked, "I wanted to see what a kiss feels like." TK said innocently. Then, all Matt's surprise and shock seemed to disappear. "How does it feel?" he asked inquisitively, "Hehe! I kinda liked it!" TK replied in a delighted tone. "I'm glad!" Matt said as he attempted to hug TK, but he was cut off as TK once again laid another long kiss on Matt's lips. This time, the kiss lasted a whopping thirty seconds before TK slowly pulled back. Matt's heart pounded and his palms were slightly sweaty as TK showed his affection in this peculiar fashion. "That time it was for you!" TK said with eyes half closed and a soft smile on his face.

"Thanks!" Matt said in a slight chuckle. "And...I guess it's my turn to give you something." He continued. TK smiled in a way Matt had never seen. They closed their eyes and inch by inch their lips came closer to one another. Their mouths weren't even half a centimeter apart when TK opened his mouth. Matt did the same, and as their lips finally met, TK slid his tongue into Matt's mouth. Matt, a little shaky, retaliated sending in his own tongue to dance with TK's. It was another thirty seconds before the incestuous yet wonderful kiss came to part. TK giggled as he hugged Matt another time. "Thank you, Matt!" TK said softly, "Thanks for what?" Matt asked, "For loving me enough to do that with me!"……………

*** End Flashback ***

Matt slowly pulled his lips away from TK's, only to then notice that TK had his arms wrapped around his shoulders. He looked into his brother's eyes to see the icy pale blue had once again been replaced with the beautiful cerulean that once graced them. "Matt…I remember now!" Matt smiled as he leaned in for another hug, but was cut off as TK this time pressed his lips to Matt's.

Slightly startled, Matt relaxed and melted into his younger brother's warm kiss. A few seconds later, TK's lips opened, and his tongue gently slid into Matt's mouth. Matt shivered and in the heat of the moment, slid in his own tongue to mingle with TK's. Another time…Another kiss…Another love.

TK moaned into the taller boy's mouth as he breathed heavily and pulled himself closer to Matt. When the kiss finally ended (which was about 3 minutes later…o_O) TK rested his head on Matt's shoulder. "…I love you, Matt, my brother!" TK said softly. "I love you, TK!" Mat said.

"Oh…My…God!" Said Davis, eyes wide with shock. "Matt…you just frenched my boyfriend!" He continued in a slight chuckle. "Shhh!" Hushed Matt. Just then, TK started to cry. "TK…what's wrong?" asked Matt. "I tried to kill my friends…I'm a traitor." He sobbed. "No, no, no! It doesn't matter now. All that matter's is that you're OK now." Matt said comfortingly. "I'm sorry…I'm so sorry, Matt!" TK said shakily. "It's all right, TK…It's all over now!" Matt softly whispered to his distraught brother. Suddenly, the voice of the Digimon Emperor rang out the silence…again. "Hmph! It seems you're a disgustingly emotional group. Even when I turn your own comrade against you, you've come out on top. I'll get you yet, Digidestined. Mark my words! I'll get you yet."

With that, that red light that STILL shone through the bottom of the fortress closed out, and the whole base flew into the air and soared into the distance. Tai and Davis walked over to Matt and TK. Tai laid a friendly hand on Matt's shoulder. "Time to go home!" He said quietly. Matt nodded in response. Along the way back to the Digi-port, TK looked as if he was going to collapse in fatigue. Davis then made a quick movement, and picked TK up and held him in the bridal position. He feathered a light kiss on TK's lips and carried him the rest of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Matt?"…

"Yes?"…

"I wanna thank you…for everything. You never gave up on me, even at my worst. You even kissed me. I'll never be able to thank you enough for that." TK said with a puppy dog look on his face. "TK, knowing that you haven't lost your heart to the evil that consumed it is all the thanks I need. And I guess…the kiss was just extra!" Matt said cutely. Tai and Davis, on the other hand, were still in amazement.

"Matt, how come you never told me that you and TK kissed before?" Davis asked. "It seems you two never asked if he had kissed anyone else but you. Besides, I didn't think you'd mind." Matt replied. "Oh, I don't mind at all!" Tai and Davis chimed together. "But… How is it that two brothers can enjoy such a passionate kiss as the one you had back in the Digital World?" Tai asked, "For the same reason you and I enjoy it so much, Tai. TK and I love each other. Not in the same way you and I love each other, but with a brotherly love that is second to none." Matt proudly exclaimed.

"Wow! I see now!" Tai said, looking enlightened. Matt and TK laughed a little and hugged each other. "OH, OH, Can I join in?" Tai asked in an annoying little brother voice. "OH, OH, OH, Me too?" Davis asked excitedly. Matt laughed out loud and motioned for the two of them to come on over. Tai and Davis pranced across the room and wrapped their arms around both TK and Matt. The four of them just stayed like that for a while before exiting the room and stepping outside.

A brother's love, is a brother's love. Then again, so is a boyfriend's love. But no matter how you look at it, love is love. Plain and simple!

THE END