Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Match Made in Hevean ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Timeline: This fanfic takes place a week after the "Agumon's Been Captured!" saga on Fox Kids.

A Match Made in Hevean

A Ken and Yolei fic

Chapter 1:

By Sailor Star Moon

"A guest!!" Yolei exclaimed as she scowled at Ken darkly. "If I was a 'guest' as you say Ken," she began as she swung her uninjured shackle leg around show it in full view and as far as it was allowed to go, "then what's with the chains? Hosts usually don't treat their guests this way," she said sarcastically as she glared up at him.

Ken only smirked as he stared at Yolei as he stood back up, and crossed his arms over his chest, as he snorted. "Just be glad that it was only one leg that I had shackled, digibrat. I was more than willing to chain more than that, in order to make sure you didn't find a way to escape when you woke up." He snapped as he scowled at her.

"Then why didn't you?!" Yolei snapped back as she painfully sat up in bed to look at him as he started moving away from her bed. "What kind of unfeeling creep are you?!"

Ken's hand tightened momentarily on the handle of his whip in anger causing Yolei to pull back in fear at the sight before her, before relaxing and simply gave an indifferent shrug to her question, refusing to give an answer. "We are not exactly on the same side, if you remember. Once you are healed enough to start walking again, I don't want you wondering around." He said as he turned on his heel and heads towards the door. "Now that you are awake, Wormmon can stop pestering me about you every chance he gets. Now I can get back to work. If you need anything, have Wormmon get whatever it is that you want."

"Hey!" Yolei called as Ken made his way towards the door, where he stopped just a few feet as she called to him. "I don't appreciate being called a simply digibrat! I do have a name you know," Yolei exclaimed. "The names Yolei, and I want this stupid shackle off my leg!"

"Whatever. We'll have to talk later, digibrat. We'll discuss whether or not I let out of that shackle." He said tauntingly as he strolled out the door, just narrowly missing being nailed by the pillow Yolei had thrown at his retreating back with her good arm, as it hit the doorway instead.

"That jerk!" Yolei cursed, trying to think of every single unpleasant thing she and the others could do to him once she was rescued, before slumping back into the pillows, and crossed her arms over her chest to sulk miserably, and being extra careful with her injured arm in the process.

* * *

Outside the room, Ken passed by Wormmon who was waiting patiently outside for him to finish his 'discussion' with Yolei before reentering the room himself. "I wish that you would be nicer to her, Ken." Wormmon complained as he stared up at the Emperor. "It wouldn't have hurt, you know, and-YIPE!" Wormmon cried out as he narrowly missed being hit by Ken's whip as it lashed out at him. As he got back to his feet, Wormmon glanced back up at Ken fearfully.

"Wormmon, what have I told you before?" Ken said menacingly, his eyes as cold as ice as he frowned down at the bug digimon while he recoiled his whip and reattached it to his side. "And never contradict my actions. Now get in there and keep an eye on her until I get back." he ordered before turning around and heading down the opposite end of the hall.

Wormmon only stared after his master unhappily before shaking his head in defeat, and turned towards the bedroom door. Putting his weight on the door, he manages to push it back open, as he crawled into the room, to find Yolei still sulking on the bed.

Yolei's usually cheery face, turned into a scowl as she saw who it was had returned to the room. "What do you want, Wormmon? Did his highness tell you to stay here and watch me?"

"Nope. I'm here of my own free will." Wormmon said cheerfully as he climbed up onto the bed. "I just wanted to know if you want something to eat. After being asleep for the last couple of days, you must be starving."

At the mention of food, Yolei's stomach immediately growled in hunger causing her to blush in embarrassment. "Yeah, I guess I am hungry." she said sheepishly as the blush died down, as she stared at Wormmon's eyes and she could see the sincerest look in them, she let her guard down. "What time is it anyways, and what's there to eat around here?"

"Anything you want." Wormmon said cheerfully. "Just ask, and I'll go prepare it for you."

Yolei looked thoughtful for a moment as she stared down at Wormmon with a skeptical look in her eyes at his statement. "How about a hamburger and fries? I could probably go for something like that, I guess."

"Coming right up." Wormmon announced as he hopped down off the bed and scuttled toward the bedroom door, before she could say anything else.

"I can't believe how completely different Wormmon is from Ken. At least Wormmon was being a whole lot nicer than the emperor was being to me when I woke up." Yolei said thoughtfully to herself as she allowed herself to lie back against the pillows and tried to relax.

"To think I used to actually like this guy, before I found out who and what he really was like." Yolei muttered to herself as she crossed her arms across her chest, before letting out a sigh as she looked around the room from her spot on the bed. "I should have asked Wormmon if there was something to read around here..."

To Be Continued...

Author's Notes: I really wanted to get this chapter out sooner than this, but I had a bad case of writers block. This is as best as I can do for Chapter 1, so I promise that Chapter 2 will be better, I hope. I have a question though, that I hope everyone can answer for me.