Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ II. Contemplations ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

. A . Second . Chance .

DivineAngel143

. II . Contemplations

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Thanks for your reviews!!! Man oh man I was having so much trouble settling on what their kid should be, a boy or girl. But after 100 times of flipping quarters I finally decided on a girl. I'm sorry for those who wanted a boy. I think the story would go great if it was a girl. Plus I have a lot of ideas for it. I just didn't know what to do if it was a boy. Oh well enjoy the chapter!!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


The name shown in the paper as Mimi tried to retain her posture. It's been years, more than she could count, since she'd last seen the name. Lily Ishida, her blue-eyed precious daughter, she was no more but a few weeks old when Mimi left. It brought tears to her eyes knowing what she missed behind. First smile, first words, first everything. Learning how to walk, sit, and talk. Yet, here she was staring at a piece of paper, which could cause more tension than she could possibly comprehend.

"Yolie," Mimi called, nearly toppling over herself as well in the whole process.

"Yeah what is it?" Yolie asked coming out of her room and into Mimi's. She was carrying a stack of books, and Mimi guessed she was preparing.

Mimi gave her a worried look and bit down on her lower lip and shoved the attendance list towards Yolie, who grabbed it automatically. As Yolie started scanning the list, Mimi sat down with no much but a little effort.

After a few silent moments, Yolie placed the sheet down and made a low whistle. "Wow," She said, taking a seat across from her forlorn friend. "What are you going to do?"

Mimi shrugged and lifted both fingers and started massaging her head. "I have no clue. I was just about to ask you about it. I mean it's been so long." She paused and recollected. "Yolie, this is like having a stack of bricks thrown upon me. I have no idea what to do. I left, five years ago. That's enough said than done."

"Yes, you did leave. But you didn't do it for the sake of it. You had your reasons to leave, and they were very good ones." Yolie explained, the books already forgotten, were now strayed on the carpeted ground.

Were they? Mimi asked silently. She was 22 years-old and still aging, and by then she knew she was tired of running. She let out a long sigh, and glanced up at Yolie. "I'll teach her,"

"Are you sure?" Yolie asked. "Because if-"

Mimi shook her head. "No, I'm positive. I missed five years, and I'm not about to miss her first year in kindergarten." Yolie opened her mouth to say something but clamped it shut as Mimi continued talking. "I won't tell her who I am, I just-I just want to be friends with her, make her know me. And if Matt has a say in this, well then I do too."

"Well if you're sure," Yolie said, gathering back the fallen textbooks. She gave Mimi one last look and trudged back into her own classroom after a quick glance at the clock.

Mimi gave out a sigh of exasperation and sat idly at her chair, anticipating seeing on how much her little Lily has grown. Students started piling in slowly, parents at hand, and all the while Mimi couldn't help but grow more and more nervous and wretched as every minute passed by, knowing full well that her daughter would be arriving anytime soon accompanied by Matt. At that last thought Mimi hurriedly made her way to Yolie's room nearly knocking over a few books along the way.



.


Yolie was just about done finishing with the classroom as her distraught friend came waltzing in. She lifted one eye-brow in confusion upon the brunette's sudden behavior.

"I need your help." Mimi said, all the while wringing and un-wringing her hands together-a habit she surely picked up as a little girl, in sign of anxiety.

Yolie took in the habit and glanced up her eyes showing signs of recommendation. "Sure, what's got you so riled up?"

Mimi sat down in one of the unoccupied desks and once again sighed. She folded her hands loosely in her lap and straightened her shoulders. "I was wondering if-if you can be there in my classroom when Matt gets here." Not waiting for an answer Mimi continued on. "Just for today, I'm not ready to come face to face with him just yet anyhow. And for the most part, I'm sure as hell will know what he'll do once he's sees me as being Lily's teacher. He'd march straight up to the principle's office and demand a change, or better yet he'd probably transfer her out of school!"

Yolie assessed her words and answered. "So, what you're implying is that you'd want me to be in your room when he comes by." She said while Mimi nodded mutely. "But what you're also implying is the impossible. I mean it doesn't take a genius to recognize an old friend, and Matt will surely see through me, even though it has been five years, he's not stupid."

The caramel-brunette immensely groaned inwardly. "Oh I know, I know and I've thought about that, but please do this for me. I can't bear to see my daughter being away from me again. I want this chance to get to know her." Mimi explained giving her friend the saddest light brown eyes anyone has ever laid their gazes upon on. "Please,"

The sound of more people shuffling through the hallways of Odaiba Elementary made their way through Yolie's ears, and she finally gave out a nod of surrender. "Oh, alright, I'll do it, and it's only because I want you to get to know your own daughter and nothing else. But I swear, Mimi Tachikawa, if I become dragged into the middle of Matt's and your quarrel, well-let's just say it won't be pretty."

Mimi squealed and jumped to her feet. "Oh you won't I promise, thank you so much, Yolie!"

.

Yolie stood in the middle of Mimi's room, wondering for possibly the 5th time on why she agreed on doing this in the first place. A few small kids looked at her curiously and she just smiled back sweetly. She glanced at her room, knowing full well Mimi was somewhere in there-hiding. All of a sudden, in one quick second, the door to Mimi's classroom opened wide and a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, ruffled man came walking in with a honey-blonde clutched onto his right leg, whining all the while. Yolie assessed the scene and took in her old friend.

Matt Ishida surely hasn't changed over the few years. He still looked the same as he did in his teens, except for the fact he looked more tired and worn. But after all that, he still managed to keep his hair the same as he always did, but he desperately needed a shave. He glanced up and stared straight at her, and Yolie nearly did a take-back, she was sure he would find out who she was, but once he placed his gaze back down on the girl, she knew for sure he didn't care whether or not the teacher was a psychotic maniac, just as long as he gets his little girl to get off his leg and attend class. He mumbled a quick incoherent apology to Yolie, and kneeled down the little girl's height.

As Matt spoke to the possible 5-year-old, Yolie took in Lily's features. Sure enough after glancing from head to toe, Lily Ishida looked exactly as Mimi did when she was younger. Except for the fact that her eyes were blue as Matt's were, and her hair was a bit lighter, given the fact Matt's hair was golden blonde and Mimi's own was caramel-brown. But other than that, Lily was sure to have boys knocking at her door when she gets older. And what made Yolie want to laugh out even more was that the little girl was all tad in pink with the words 'Princess' embedded on her front shirt, oh the irony. What was worse was that she carried some of her mother's traits, whining for one.

Matt finally stood from his crouching position and looked at Yolie, while running a free hand through his hair. "Sorry about that, she has a weird thing about going to school."

"Daddy," she screeched, her eyes wide, both petite hands clutching onto Matt's shirt. "It's not weird. Didn't you watch T.V. last night? The students were being eaten by a BIG aliem!"

"It's alien princess, and didn't I tell you not to watch that movie with your uncle Davis and your uncle T.K.?" Matt asked, running his hand through his hair once again, probably a sign of vexation, Yolie thought.

"But daddy," she cried one more, attracting a few stares from the other seated students. "It's real,"

Matt opened his mouth in attempt to answer but Yolie raised her hand. "May I," she asked. Matt spread out his hands in acknowledgement and Yolie bent to the girl's even height. "Hey," Yolie said smiling fondly. Lily gave a small 'Hello', and Yolie continued. "About the whole 'alien' thing, I had the same jitters when I started kindergarten. But what I learned about them is that they stay, very far from where we live, and they reside on different planets. And they can't come down here or they'll suffer."

Lily looked at Yolie applying all the information in hear tiny head. "Are you sure," she asked curiously feeling a bit undaunted. Yolie nodded and Lily placed a small finger on her chin. "Well-if you're sure then," she turned to Matt. "I guess I can let you go."

Matt laughed and picked up his little girl in his arms. "Well I'll pick you up later then, promise me you'll behave." Matt inquired, while Lily nodded. He placed her down gently and she hurried of to an empty chair. He glanced at Yolie and thanked her.

"Oh it's no problem." she said carefully not to meet his eye, in fear he'd recognize her.

Matt glanced at the lady before him suspiciously. "You know you look a bit familiar to me."

Yolie let out a nervous laugh. "You know, how some people are these days, they look all the same to me."

Matt grinned. "You're probably right, I-" but stopped abruptly as they heard a person swear in the other room-Yolie's room.

Yolie's eyes widened, and she glanced at Matt. "Excuse me while I go check on that." she said.

"Oh no problem, I was just about to head out." Matt replied. Yolie nodded and turned to the direction of her room.

.

Mimi cursed and let out an 'Oh crap,' as she fell, landing straight on her behind. Some of the smaller students heard her swear and started mimicking her. She stood up and started hearing some kids, repeat what she said.

"Oh crap, oh crap," They mimicked in small voices. Mimi made a face and ushered them to quiet down. They soon did so as Yolie came walking in.

"Are you alright?" Yolie asked coming to Mimi's side.

"Yeah, I just slipped," Mimi answered in reply, still a bit sore.

"Well, I'm kind of glad you fell, Matt nearly found out who I was. But it's okay now since he's gone. You should get back to your class and start introductions." Yolie said.

Mimi nodded and walked out, closing the door to Yolie's room silently behind her. Mimi braced herself and glanced around her classroom, her gaze falling upon a certain girl. It didn't take a Professor telling her that it was her daughter she was looking at, especially since Lily was looking straight at her.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


Well, that's the end of Chapter 2! Hope you enjoyed it.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

. P L E A S E . R E V I E W .

A Second Chance copyright © 8.22.03 by DivineAngel143

This story, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission.