Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Arranged Love ❯ XIII. Expect the Unexpected ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

. Arranged . Love .

DivineAngel143

. XIII . Expect the Unexpected

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay… I have a good reason on why I didn't update last Saturday. One, I wasn't home during Friday and Saturday. Two, I had a lot of work to do, and since I was gone during Friday and Saturday I had to work on it on Sunday. So yeah please excuse my absence and enjoy the chapter.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

It has been exactly three whole weeks past by after Matt and Sora reunited their engagement. Pierre finally came back from Paris, and to his dismay he didn't expect come back with Matt engaged to another woman. Oh was there parents gonna get mad at him.

Matt and Sora began spending much time together, as if making up for lost days. Mimi couldn't care much less, it was like she completely forgotten on why they were sent to live in the mansion in the first place. Davis and T.K. still had their little quarrels, while Kari and Yolie tried to prevent them.

Davis still had his fish, Dinky. It was so small Pierre accidentally mistaken it for some sort of crawling sea animal and nearly flushed it down the toilet.

.

Buckets of ice cream, candy wrappers, chocolate bars, a half eaten slice of cheesecake, and bottles of beer, were scattered around the whole living room while Mimi, Yolie, and Kari indulged into more Soap Operas. A box of tissue was spotted on the side as the three women burst into fresh tears.

"This… has… got to be… the most… saddest show… ever!" Mimi exclaimed taking another bite of her 'Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough' ice cream.

"I know," Kari and Yolie cried in unison.

Davis and T.K. sat on a nearby couch as the girls, once again cried from a scene. The two men pried to get some snacks from the girls for the last past hour but eventually they failed, when the three girls yelled at them.

It's either PMS, or their just like that. T.K. thought.

I want food… must… get… food! Davis thought.

Pierre watched as Dinky swam in it small fishbowl. I wonder… there is no way that can be a fish. Or is it…

Mimi blew her noise as the soap just finished. Kari and Yolie wanted to watch another, but Mimi called quits. If she cried once more, she'd wake up with big red puffy eyes in the morning.

.

Mimi rolled to the other side of the bed as she stirred awake. She recently fell asleep an hour ago. She groggily stood up and made her way out of the room, only to stop half way to glance at her reflection, red puffy eyes.

"Great…" Mimi muttered.

The mansion was extremely quiet. And as she expected, no one was home. She found a note on the fridge and read it through.

Mimi,

We went to check out the new club that just opened. We didn't want to wake you up. Be back later.

Yolie

Mimi discarded the note and opened up the fridge. She took out another bottle of beer and started drinking. She glanced at the living room and saw how messy it was. All the junk food they were gorging on, were now in ruins. She placed her bottle down the table and walked over to the living room.

She picked up the empty cartons of ice cream, empty beer bottles, and candy wrappers and discarded them all in the garbage. Once she was done cleaning up she retrieved her beer bottle from the table and sat back on the couch. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was 10:30 p.m.

.

Matt fumbled with his keys and finally got the door to open. It was around 12… and he just came back from his date with Sora. And what he saw when he came into the mansion was not what he least expected.

Mimi danced around in her underwear and sang 'The Fairly Odd Parents' theme song. The television was on, in high volume, and Matt noticed 5 empty beer bottles on the living room floor and knew instantly that Mimi was definitely, drunk.

Mimi noticed Matt instantly. She grinned and pointed a finger at him. "Matt what are you doing here? *hiccup* this is my *hiccup* house." And with line said Mimi collapsed onto the couch.

Matt just shook his head trying to register what went on. He laughed to himself and shut the stereo off and throwing away the empty bottles. He glanced at Mimi and carried her off to the bedroom.

Once inside he laid her down the bed. He glanced at her sleeping form and decided to place at least a shirt on her before she thinks he made a move while she was drunk. He opened the closet and pulled out a plain white t-shirt.

Mimi stirred and moved her head sideways, only to find Matt holding a shirt up for her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm giving you a shirt to cover yourself up." He replied.

At first Mimi had no clue to what he was talking about but when she felt a little bit colder, memories of her dancing around in her underwear came flooding back in mind. A slight blush formed in her cheeks, and she strived to not make herself go redder.

Matt noticed the tinge of redness form in her features, and he couldn't help but noticed how cute she looked. Shrugging from thought he handed Mimi the shirt, which she gladly accepted.

Once she finished dressing, she felt a stab of pain hit her head.

She groaned. "I think I had too much to drink."

"Too much is right. You were singing 'The Fairly Odd Parents' theme song." He laughed.

"Well it's not my fault I watched a whole marathon before I became drunk." She protested. Mimi glanced at the clock and back at Matt. "Where were you?"

"With Sora," He answered. "Where are the others?"

Mimi shrugged. "They went to check out this new bar that opened."

"Oh,"

Mimi stood up from the bed and smiled lazily before standing in front of Matt. "You know, you look extremely hot with your hair all messed up." She said as she ran a hand through his hair. After that said, she went into the bathroom and shut the door.

Matt just stood there in a dazed after the small incident. But figured Mimi was still drunk and would probably forget what happen once she comes back out. He stripped down to his boxers and went to the other bathroom down the hall from the master bedroom.

.

Once Mimi closed the door behind her she started slapping herself mentally for saying that remark.

God… I must be really drunk. She thought.

She washed herself cleaned and brushed her teeth. Once she was done she placed her hair in a high ponytail and walked out.

She saw Matt sitting up with his head in his hands, not moving. Mimi walked over to the closet and pulled out a pair of pajama pants. Once she was done she flopped on the bed beside Matt.

She didn't feel all that tired so she decided to break the unnerving silence between them. But before she was able to utter a word, Matt beat her to it.

"Mimi, remember when you told me you had someone before this arrangement?" Matt asked.

"Yeah…"

"Will you be going back to him once this whole thing is over?" He asked this time turning his gaze towards her.

Mimi shrugged. "Well… I don't know I haven't spoken to him over a month… and… I just don't know. I guess I'll go wherever the wind blows me."

"Meems…" Matt thought out loud.

"What," Mimi asked.

"Is it okay if I call you that?" Matt inquired.

"Yeah sure I guess…" Mimi replied. Tai used to call me Mims… but… I like Meems better.

"Well I was just wondering…" He said suddenly stopping in mid-sentence.

"Yeah…?"

Matt glanced at her and shrugged. "Never mind it's not important, night." He turned to his side shutting the lights off.

Mimi sat in the dark and started thinking on what she was going to do with her life until her eyes no longer could hold themselves to stay open.

.

Mimi woke up the next morning from the sudden sound of the doorbell ringing. Groggily she stood up and walked lazily down the steps, one minute at a time.

dingdong

"I'm coming…" She muttered finally succeeding to walk down the stairs with out tripping.

dingdong

Mimi unlocked the locks and opened up the door only to face someone she least expected.

"Oh my god…" She whispered. "Tai,"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Alrighty I'm done with chapter 13!!! Yay!!! Again sorry for the long wait. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Tai is finally here!!! YAY!!! It took me a hard time just to type Sora's name but making Sorato scenes?! But enough of her, I won't be able to update next Saturday because I have final exams to study for. I know… it sucks. But I might update November 8, the day before my birthday, which is on November 9!!! ^o^ I can't wait… and oh, oh guess what? I have two long lost sisters!!! Another yay!!! So let me say hi to them, ((waves at LiNkin PaRk rOx(Soja) and hot-an-sticky(Sosa))) Hi long lost sisters!!! And Hi to all my readers too, lol!!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

. P L E A S E . R E V I E W .

Arranged Love copyright © 08.08.03 by DivineAngel143

This story, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission.