Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Boarders of Darkness ❯ The beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I haven't done a Digimon fiction in years, so I decided to pick up and revise my very first and favorite fan fiction, Borders of Darkness. This is a first and second season fiction with a few little additions from the recent seasons. Don't expect much from the new characters, I'm not very fond of them, I like them… really I do, but...they just aren't my gang...they aren't the original dig destined that I grew up on. And as corny as it all seems now when I watch the shows again, I still can't get over my obsession. Mother Night I still love it more than Inuyasha!  
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A small child sat on his knees in the grass, watching a line of ants march across the ground. Somewhere behind him a grasshopper chirped. Fluttering wings emerged from the trees nearby as birds took to the sky, sending a small shadow across the child for an instant before disappearing in the distance. There was a group of older children not too far away in the campsite; one boy with spiky brown hair snored rather loudly for a moment before settling back down to a quiet sleep, one of the girls giggled. A startling cold wind for July blew by him, shivering he pulled his green hat down snugly over his golden hair, silently thanking his worrisome mother who packed him a long sleeve shirt for summer camp. Standing up he dusted off his baggy brown shorts before walking over to his brother.
 
His brother was rather tall for eleven; his golden hair fashionably styled around his head may be adding a few inches to his height. The dark green Sleeveless was yet another reminder of how their parents, after years of divorce, still thought alike, his slightly baggy jeans were rolled up around the bottoms, his father having bought them a size too large and insisted that he would grow out of them by the end of the summer anyway. The only thing that hinted his mind was not completely controlled by the latest fashion was the ugly brown work boots and gloves he was so fond of wearing.
Tugging at one of his yellow socks Takeru walked hesitantly back over to his brother. it was lunchtime, and they were all to go to the mess hall.
 
Sora walked beside him, smiling sweetly down at him as though she and he had some unknown secret. A rather tomboyish girl Sora loved her bulky blue helmet as much as Mimi, the second girl in their group, loved her voluminous pink hat. She wore an eye-catching yellow tank-top with her blue jeans and work gloves as red as her shoulder length hair. Mimi trudged along behind them with Joe, both complaining on everything about camp, and agreeing on everything the other complained about. Joe was the nerdy kind, not smart nerdy, though he was full of thoughtful insight, he just didn't really fit in with the group. Mat being so cool looking and Mimi being the little princess she was in her complete pink wardrobe, and Sora being into sports it was easy to see how they could get along, they were most likely the popular kids at their school…but Joe.
 
Joe pushed his fifties style glasses back up the bridge of his nose and straightened his sweater vest, careful not to wrinkle the crisp short sleeved shirt he wore underneath. His baggy short cut off at the knees but he wore long, knee length blue socks to cover the exposed skin. His shoes were yellow and orange and matched no part of his outfit. On his right wrist he wore a yellow sweatband and on the left a digital watch complete with compass and light. His dark, blue black hair wasn't so much spiky as tussled, like the only thing run through it was his aggravated fingers.
 
The brown-haired kid still slept by the tree, not bothering to rouse from his slumber to eat. They entered the mess-hall just as the first few flakes of white descended on them.