Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Eve with Digimon ❯ What to do? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
5:00 Pm…
 
Suzy, Veemon and Gatomon walked over to the lake… Where I was there to greet them.
 
I decided I needed a Vacation from my work in Space as the Dakari- King, and have wanted to spend a nice Christmas in the mountains.
 
“Hello Suzy… Hello Veemon and Gatomon.” I said to them cheerfully. “Hello Master-Mykan.” They said feeling sad.
 
“Gee… you three don't look very happy, what's wrong?” I asked. They told me everything about Patamon's question, and they were desperate for an answer.
 
“See… Because if he doesn't come down the chimneys, nobody will get any presents tonight.” Cried Veemon. “That's what Patamon says.” said Suzy.
 
“I see…!” I said… “Well then, let us consider the question. “How does big fat Santa Claus get down those skinny chimneys?”
 
I seemed to be stalling… “Uh… let us look at it form another angle!” I paused again “Uh… returning to the first angle… it's a matter of…?”
 
“You l Know…I never of it before when I was young… How does he do it?”
 
Gatmon looked like she was going to burst. “Master! It's Christmas Eve… we have to hurry!” she cried.
 
“Okay… Okay… Let's try to be logic about this.” I said, “Now… who knows Santa better than anyone else?”
 
“The Elves” asked Veemon. “Mrs. Claus?” asked Gatomon “The Reindeer?” asked Suzy.
 
I shook my head… “No, no, no… “KIDS” that's who!” The others agreed with me.
 
“Right… so I'm just going head back into Town and ask some kids… I'll be back with answer in no time.”
 
“Master?” said Suzy, “I'm a kid, and I don't know!”
 
“Oh… well… that's our first answer right there isn't it.” I said. This wasn't going to be easy!
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… in Davis and Kari's cabin…
 
Their six year-old son, Musuko was taking a bath after playing a lot in the snow, but he was wearing a frown.
 
All month, he had been thinking of Christmas present to give to his younger brother Koji… but without luck.
 
“Golly…” he said to himself. “I can't believe it; Christmas Eve and I still don't have an idea for a present for Koji!”
 
“It has to be something really special.”
 
When he reached up for the soap, he accidentally knocked something else into the tub.
 
He reached in and pulled out Koji's Sponge-Bob. A little bath-toy Koji made himself in preschool.
 
Suddenly, Musuko shot upward with a smile on his face… “I've got a great idea now.” he said with joy.
 
“I'll get Koji… A Soap-dish to put his Sponge-Bob. What a really clever idea.”
 
* * *
 
Five year-old Koji walked through the front door. “Hello… is anyone home?” he called out, but no one answered.
 
As he walked into the fridge for a snack, he noticed a small card on the floor. He reached down to pick it up.
 
“It's a Digimon Trading-Card… I'll bet this is from Musuko's Trading-card collection.” He said to himself as he studied the card.
 
“Of course! This is Musuko's Crest of Courage, which he got from Daddy… Why, he'd feel just awful if he lost this.”
 
“Hey… now I know what to get Musuko for Christmas. I'll get him… A Binder with see-though slots to keep his car collection in.”
 
“Then they'll never get lost again.”
 
Koji then put back on his boots, and went out the door again.
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… Kari and Davis were at the local church in the town below. Helping Kids who were in a singing choir learn a new song.
 
These kids, every year would put on a special show for all those who's loved ones can't be with them for the holidays.
 
The girls dressed up as angels, the boys dressed as Shepherds, the rest were the sheep themselves.
 
Since Kari was a Preschool teacher, she was best qualified to help teach the kids… and she agreed, provided Davis went with her for company.
 
“Okay… everybody ready?” asked Kari. “Yes Mrs. Motomiya.” They all answered as they stood in line.
 
Kari then seated herself down at one side of a grand piano, and Davis sat on the other side.
 
Neither of them knew exactly how to play a piano alone. So instead, Davis play the low notes, and Kari the high-notes… it made it easier.
 
Kari even enjoyed this because she loved hearing Davis' singing voice, which she even admitted was better than her own.
 
Still… they started playing the song, and took turns singing the words.
 
[Davis]
 
-When Christmas time is over
And presents put away, don't be sad
There'll be so much to treasure
about this Christmas day
and the fun we've had
[Kari]
 
-So many happy feelings
to celebrate with you
And, oh, the good times hurry by so fast,
But even when it's over
There's something you can do
To make Christmas last
[Children]
-Keep Christmas with you
All through the year,
When Christmas is over,
You can keep it near.
[Boy… dressed as a Shepard]
 
-Think of this Christmas day
When Christmas is far away.

[Children]
 
-Keep Christmas with you
All through the year,
When Christmas is over,
Save some Christmas cheer.
These precious moments,
Hold them very dear
And keep Christmas with you
All through the year.
[Girl… dressed as an angel]
-Christmas means the spirit of giving
Peace and joy to you,
[Davis and Kari]
The goodness of loving,
The gladness of living;
[Everyone]
These are Christmas too.

-So, keep Christmas with you
All through the year,
When Christmas is over,
Save some Christmas cheer.
[Davis and Kari]
These precious moments,
Hold them very dear
[Everyone]
And keep Christmas with you
All through the year.
 
[Davis and Kari]
 
Yes… Keep Christmas with you…
 
[Everyone]
 
All…though… the…Year!
 
* * *
 
All the children were wonderful, and they knew that they were going to be a smashing hit at their show.
 
They wished they could all do the song just once more, but it was getting late, and they had to head home.
 
Kari and Davis waved good-bye as the last kid went tout the door. Suddenly, Kari looked over Davis' head.
 
“Uh… Davis… Look out dear.” She said in a giggle. Davis looked up, and saw a small green plant hanging over his head in the doorway.
 
Davis began to blush “Uh-Oh… Mistletoe!” he giggled. Kari reached moved closer and peck her husband on the cheek.
 
“Merry Christmas, Davis.” Davis returned her kiss, “Merry Christmas to you too Kari.” He replied.