Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Diaries ❯ Broken ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Stupid little girl! Can't do anything right..."

Touching her cheek, the young girl watched as her father marched out of her room, slamming the door behind him. The sting from his hand connecting with her cheek was still fresh. Her eyes glared at the closed door as she slowly got to her feet, muttering curses no parent would let their fourteen year old even know.

Glancing in her mirror, she frowned slightly. Her blond hair was disheveled, tossed about every which way, and the red mark on her right cheek made a perfect hand print. She stared at herself with her crystal blue eyes, as she picked up a small container of makeup she had stolen from the school's drama club, and started to cover the mark, wincing slightly with each stroke of the brush she was using.

Finishing the cover up, she sighed. Fidgeting the black nightgown she wore when she slept, along with the matching underwear, she walked to her closet, sliding it open. Nearly all the clothing was the same color as her lingerie, the small closet light letting her see what was what. Even though it was four in the morning, her father's temper tantrums always ended with her being woken up, normally rather violently.

"And to think everyone thinks he's so normal..." She muttered to herself, as she pulled out a T-shirt and leather skirt, tossing them onto the bed. "Bet they would love to find out Mr. Normal was an abusive prick..." She shook her head, as she started to brush her hair out in front of the mirror, watching as it hung lower then her shoulders a little bit. "Get real Alice... Who would believe anything like that, from someone like me?"

Sighing softly, Alice pulled the gown off, tossing it into the dresser, before she started to rummage for a clean set of underwear. Picking out a lace pair of panties and the matching bra, she glanced in the mirror again, admiring how her bust had filled out. She had just recently started to fit well into her mother's old clothes, expanding her wardrobe decently for the first time in years.

Putting her black robe on, the blonde girl collected her clothing, carrying it into the bathroom. She wrinkled her nose at the state of the trailer she lived in with her dad, bottles and cans everywhere, making the house reek of alcohol. She was glad when she hear snoring coming from the living room, drowning out the sound of some show on the TV.

Stepping into the small bathroom, Alice threw her clothes on the counter, hanging up her robe, before starting to run warm water into the tub. Locking the door, to keep her father out if he woke up.

Settling into the water, Alice gave a soft sigh. Her morning bath was the only time she had to herself, normally. Since her father lived off food stamps and odd jobs, he was almost always home, meaning she went out of the house any chance she could. Usually it was clubbing clubbing and finding someone who thought she looked older then she was, and using them for a place to sleep. Luckily, she had collected a couple select people she could count on, when it didn't pan out.

Shaking her head, she sat up in the tub, turning the water off . After a good hour, she walked out of the bathroom, her black baby-t and leather skirt on, and her hair in a small ponytail.

Grabbing her backpack out o her room, with the normal overnight items, the Goth walked into the living room. As she walked out of the trailer, she shut the door, noticing a note taped to it. Glancing around, she didn't see anyone around, and it didn't look like an eviction notice. 'He was probably too drunk to see it...' Looking closer, she read the badly scrawled note.

'We have a lead on the beast. We'll meet the informant tomorrow.'

Alice shook her head, frowning at the note. Because of the monster attacks around town, her father had enjoyed taking his anger about not finding jobs out on her, using her like a small punching bag at times. Of course, the ass print in the couch said it wasn't entirely the incident's faults. Shrugging, she brushed the thought off, walking down the steps and putting on the pair of black, knee-high boots that she had hidden under the porch. They were one of the few things she kept hidden, so her father wouldn't pawn them.

"Sleep well, old man. I hope you choke to death on your booze..." Alice said under her breath, as she walked to the main street. The local bus stop was on the other side of the small town, but the four hour wait was better then sitting around the house, waiting for her supposed parent to wake up.

*~*~*~*

Alice sighed to herself, as she brought herself out of the memory. It was surprising how fast a couple weeks could go by, when you avoid home. Watching the houses go by, she glanced at the police in the front of the squad car, frowning at their backs. She was still annoyed at being picked up at the club her friend had gotten her into, even if she wasn't old enough, and being forced to sit in the police station over night. What made it worse, was hearing her old man was the reason why it happened, although no one would tell her what he had done.

Now she was being taken to the Mt. Morris orphanage, to stay as a ward of the courts, since her dad would be going straight to jail, once he was out of the hospital. The lord only knew what had happened to put him in there. She didn't mind this too much though, since it would, hopefully, be a nicer place to live then the trailer, and if she didn't like it, she could take off like she always did.

Looking outside, she watched the car pull to a stop in front of a two story house, looking fairly basic. It already gave her that 'ma kettle' feeling. As the officer opened her door, she swung her backpack over her shoulder, stepping out and following behind him. She looked up at the sky, feeling a couple droplets of rain hitting her skin as the dark sky started to come overhead. It was just turning into the perfect morning...

************

Dark Diaries

Entry 15 "Broken"

Written by Rocker Starlight

Permission from Lord Archive

A/N ~ This chapter is the edited version of ADD Entry 4. If you are not of legal age for where you live, please don't go reading that one. It has adult content in it. Please enjoy the chapter! ^_^

************

"Now I expect all of you to be on your best behavior. We have a new child coming to stay today." Ms. Klink addressed the four children who were sitting on the couch. Jill was wearing one of her white sundresses, while Mary and Angela had matching blue dresses, although Angela continuously kept fidgeting with her shoulder straps. Darien wore a pair of black dress pants and a nice white shirt, although he kept trying to tug the collar loose, no matter how many times he was told to leave it alone.

Glancing behind her, the orphan's caretaker looked over her home's other residents. Witchmon was in another chair, a light blue dress of Jill's letting the digimon almost look human, if not for her hands. The small feline that seemed to follow her around was lying in her lap, purring as the witch's fingers stroked at it's back. Jack and Bobby hadn't dressed for the occasion, the Digi-destined wearing a pair of jeans and a T-shirt, while the agent was in his normal black jacket and pants, the white shirt under the jacket undone near the top.

"Ms. Klink, can I please unbutton the collar?" Darien pouted, giving another tug. "Jack gets to wear his undone..."

Beverly frowned, flashing an icy glare at Jack before she leaned down to straight the young boy's collar again. "Now Darien, I told you before, don't mimic Jack. He's a very bad role model. You should try and look up to Bobby, since he's such a young gentleman."

At the doorbell, Ms. Klink did another glance around, the only differences being Bobby's slightly blush for her compliment, as well as Jack having buttoned his shirt and jacket up. Sighing softly, she shook her head, walking to the door. As she opened it, two police officers stood in the doorway, with a young girl standing between them. She had bland hair in two pigtails coming from the sides of her head, but the makeup and clothing was all black, including the backpack over her shoulder.

"Ms. Beverly Klink? We're here to drop off one Alice Paine, by the order of the Flint court system. Here is the paperwork." Taking the folder, Beverly opened it to the first page, comparing the picture with the girl in front of her. "We'll be in contact once the court decides what will be done with her. If you need to get anything from her home, feel free to call us, and we can see what can be done."

Giving the officers a nod, Ms. Klink watched them walk away, leaving the quiet girl standing in front of her. "Welcome to your new home."

Looking past the older woman, Alice sniffed slightly. "Kinda homey... It'll work..." She said softly, not really paying attention. She stepped past the brown haired woman, examining the entryway closely. Walking down the hall, she stopped at a doorway to the living room, arching a brow at the small crowd of people in the room, staring back at her.

"Everyone, this is Ms. Alice Paine. She'll be staying with us for the time being." Beverly said having caught up to the gothic girl, while trying to keep the polite smile on her face.

*~*~*~*

Alice glanced back at the woman, before looking over the small group as everyone was introduced to her. She gave a curious look at the girl next to Jill, who said her name was 'Witchie'. She had never met anyone with such unique hands before. Bobby seemed interesting, especially the way he blushed when he looked at her, although she was used to that with this attire. The little kids made her wrinkle her nose slightly. She had never gotten along well with children, although the only ones she had known were the brats she had grown up with in the trailer park.

"Jill, will you show Ms. Paine to her room?"

Jill nodded to her caretaker, smiling sweetly as she stood up. Walking over to the older blonde, she bowed her head slightly. "It's nice to have you here, Alice."

"Yea, thrilled." Alice said, putting a little sarcasm into it as she followed the girl upstairs. She could hear Ms. Klink and the older man --Jack, she thought his name was-- before she walked out of earshot. She glanced at the doors as they walked down the hallway. Yawning to herself, she watched as Jill went into a room near the end of the hall, following her in.

Alice looked around the room, laying her backpack on the dresser. It wasn't much to look at, only having a dresser and twin bed, but the window at least gave a backdoor if she needed it. Plopping down on the bed, she tested out how comfortable it was as she glanced back at Jill, who had been standing to the side the whole time.

"So, what's with that Witchie girl? I don't think I've ever seen hands like hers before."

Jill blushed a little, looking nervous as she fidgeted. "I, um... I'm not sure what's up with them. You should probably ask her." She smiled sweetly.

Frowning slightly, the Goth wrinkled her nose at the answer. "Well, how about leavin' me alone, kiddo? I could use some sleep." She watched the quiet girl nod and quickly scoot out of the room. Giving a sigh, Alice laid back on the bed, putting her hands under her head.

"Damn you, old man... Just what did you do to get me stuck here?" Alice muttered to herself as she rested, hearing the little kids playing down the hall. Although it was more comfortable then her home, the entire place was just too happy. The only one who didn't seem perky and enjoying life, was the old man. The minute she was introduced, he had given her a frown.

"Old fart probably thinks I remind him of some ex-girlfriend of his..."

Sitting up, Alice looked out her window, figuring if she was careful, she could get from where she was to the roof of the shed, and jump down from there. If the rest of the day was going to be this way, she would need a quick route out so she could get some form of excitement tonight.

*************

"Why do I always have to do things like this...?"

Bobby looked at the door to the dance club. After finding the note on Alice's pillow, saying she was going dancing, Ms. Klink had almost blown the roof off. 'Lucky me, Jack volunteers me to get her back, saying someone her age would be better then the police or herself...'

"Wonder if this card Jack gave me works like he said it does?" Opening the door, he glanced around before walking inside. It took his eyes a moment to adjust to the dim lighting as the loud music buffeted at him. The place definitely seemed like someplace Alice would hang out, with Goths, Punks, and Raver types.

Walking up to the front counter, Bobby grinned at the large man checking IDs, as he flashed the card. The man took it, examining it closely, before he handed it back. "We got a call saying you had permission. Dun see why the Government would care about some kid going clubbing, but hey, who am I to ask."

Laughing nervously, the young Digi-destined walked past, looking around again. It was difficult to tell one person from another with the smoke and lights flashing on the dance floor. Even for such a small club, the crowd was making the search more difficult then he thought it would be.

"What'll you have?"

Bobby jumped slightly at the feminine voice, looking over at the woman tending the bar. The tank top she had over her full breasts made the blonde's cheeks turn dark red as he stepped over. "A...Actually, I'm looking for someone." Taking a seat, he went into describing Alice to the woman, ordering a coke in the middle so he could finish.

"Yea, I know her. She's a regular, although she doesn't look old enough to be in here."

Bobby rubbed the back of his head. 'If only you knew, miss...'

The woman smiled, leaning close to the boy. "Of course, you don't either... But you have pretty eyes, so I won't tell anyone. And if you're looking for your girlfriend, she's normally on the dance floor or the booths behind it."

Bobby's cheeks flushed a little more at the girlfriend comment. "Oh! She's not me..."

Ruffling his hair, the woman smirked softly. "Don't worry. Just watch her kind. They normally end up being more trouble then they're worth. But if you ever need a lesson in keeping her straight, just get a hold of me. I'll show you some tricks of the trade." She winked, before setting his drink down, walking away to another customer.

Bobby simply blinked at the rather blatant hint, taking a strong drink of his cola before shaking it off. 'If I'm not careful, Lisa's gonna kill me...' He thought, imagining the fellow member of the Oklahoma team that he had feelings for. And all the feelings wouldn't make a difference, if she thought he was doing something, despite her brother keeping him from trying to go out with her.

Finishing his drink, Bobby walked over to the dance floor. Sitting at an empty table next to the area, he tried to look as casual in the surroundings as someone could, wearing an Oklahoma T-shirt and blue jeans, watching the floor for the missing girl.

After a couple metal songs ran through, his search paid off. The Oklahoma teen watched Alice step into the lights, dancing with a couple other girls. She looked like she was having the time of her life, moving through the flashing lights, although the way she and the other girls were dancing so close was making the boy's cheek go red again. "Daisuke's gonna be so jealous..."

After a few songs, Alice and her friends walked back to their booth, the girl's settling into the laps of a few older men, while Alice simply sat with them. Bobby frowned slightly as he saw her accept a cup of beer from one of the girls, taking a deep drink of it.

"Oh, this is a bad sign..." Bobby muttered to himself, as he heard the song "Bodies" by Drowning Pool start up. Every time the song started, his luck always seemed to turn sour. Shrugging to himself, he stood up, walking around the dance floor until he reached the booth.

"Hey, it's Billy!" Alice giggled soft as she looked up at the Digi-destined, finishing her drink off. "What are you doing here, Billy?"

Bobby grimaced, wondering if she was just that drunk to not remember his name, or just never cared. "I'm here to take you home, Alice. Ms. Klink is worried about you, you know."

"Aww, that's sweet! The old crone is worried!" Alice's friends started laughing, although the gothic girl was louder then them. "What, she gonna send the princess and the hand freak after me next?"

Bobby grumbled to himself. "Look, I said I would take you back. Now can we just go, before something happens?" Glancing around, the blonde boy's nerves were getting a little edgy. The song was half way done, and so far nothing. 'Hopefully,' He thought, 'It'll stay this way...'

The teen's hopes dropped as he felt a large hand on his shoulder. Noticing the grimace on Alice's face, Bobby looked back at the hand's owner. His worry of an incident increased, as he looked at possibly the scruffiest biker rip-off he had ever seen. Sighing softly, Bobby turned around, looking up at the older man who was giving him a sneer.

"Why don't you leave her with us? I promise we'll take good care of her..." Bobby barely heard a cough from behind him, as he watched the old man.

'If your breath didn't reek of alcohol, you might almost sound more believable... Almost...' "No, I think it would be better if I took her home." Turning around, Bobby took Alice's arm, ignoring the surprised look on her face as he helped her to her feet. Grabbing her bag, he started to move past the people, praying the drunken man let them be.

That big hand on his shoulder dashed his hopes once again, as he felt the biker trying to pull him back. "Uh uh, you little shit. I've been paying for this bitch's drinks, so she's gonna have to pay me back before she goes."

Shaking his head, Bobby turned around, pushing Alice a little behind him. Pulling his wallet out, he tugged out some money Jack had given him, in case he needed it, and handed it to the man. "Here. You've been compensated, so it's all good." He grinned as he pushed the money into the hand, quickly turning and trying to push the girl along before something else could happen.

"Hey!"

Bobby froze as he felt something poking him in the back, feeling a little too stiff for a finger. Cursing under his breath, he moved Alice out from in front of him, trying to keep his calm. "Hey, isn't think going a bit far, friend?"

The man pushed his gun into Bobby's back, gritting his teeth. "Shut up, you little shit! You think you can just come in here and talk big?"

"Hey Jim, just let the kid go..." One of the girl's staggered up behind the man slowly. "Just let them go, and I'll be happy to take her place..." The young woman touched the man's shoulder, trying to pull his arm back.

Bobby's eyes went wide as the bullet flew through his body. After a second, his body slumped to the ground, letting the blood pool underneath him as he stopped moving.

*~*~*~*

Alice stared in shocked as she watched the boy who had come to get her get shot, dropping to her knees. She stared at the lifeless body for a moment, before turning her head towards the man whom just shot him. "You bastard!" Her scream echoed in the silence filling the dance club after the gun shot.

"B...But the safety was on... I swear it was on..." Jim stared at the gun in shock, as if his mind was trying to piece together what just happened.

Crawling forward, Alice almost reached Bobby's body, when a pair of arms wrapped around her, stopping her progress. She looked back at the bartender, staring a moment into the older woman's eyes. "Kathy... Kathy, he killed him!" The young girl turned around, sobbing into the offered shoulder for a few minutes, still the only noise in the entire club.

"I lose more shirts that way... Damn it, this was a favorite of mine too..."

Alice blinked as she heard the voice. She was convinced she was hearing things, but turned her head anyway. There sat Bobby. the center of attention, as he sighed over the blood strained T-shirt with a hole blown through it.

Moving away from Kathy, Alive knelt down next to Bobby, who was still fretting over his shirt. She reached out, suddenly giving a hard pinch on the boy's upper arm.

"Ow!!"

Alice stared as the boy rubbed his arm. Before he could say anything, he lunged forward, wrapping her arms around his neck and started crying all over again. "Oh god, I thought you were dead! B...But how did you survive?" She asked, sitting up enough to look at the hole in his shirt, seeing no wound in his chest.

"Umm... Maybe we should talk about this back at the orphanage?" Bobby rubbed the back of his head, looking a little self conscious from still being the center of attention.

Nodding numbly, the gothic girl stood up, grabbing her backpack as the teen dusted his clothes off. "Well... Thanks for the fun evening, Miss. And you may wanna cut him off from drinking, if this is the kind of drunk he is. Here, contact this man, to get some money for repairs." Kathy gave a small nod as Bobby handed her a card with Jack's cell number on it, before he pulled on Alice's arm and escorted her out.

***********

Yawning softly, Alice sat up in the bed she had slept in. Her head felt a little fuzzy, about the worst she normally had for a hangover, when she stuck to beer. Wondering who's house she had ended up at, she looked around the room finally.

The gothic girl was more then a little startled when she realized she was back in the orphanage. As she tried to remember the previous night, her memory slowly started to function as the minutes passed, slowly showing how she had seduced and screwed Bobby before she passed out. That was the point she realized she was still in Bobby's room

Alice didn't think her cheeks could get darker then they were that moment. Not only did that mean her wet dream about the blonde boy had more basis then she had thought, but it meant everything else might have really happened too! The ride on the firebird's leg, Bobby being shot through the chest, it just seemed too surreal. Of course, when she arrived yesterday, sleeping with Bobby hadn't even been a thought, so that wasn't saying much.

Quickly grabbing her sheet and wrapping it around herself, she ran to the door, running into her room to avoid anyone finding her in such a state. She definitely had to spend some time to herself, since she had to figure out just what she had to do now. She was so deep in thought, that she never noticed the young blonde girl down the hall, watching her streak from one room to another.

***********

Rocker ~ Well, the orphanage has a new member to the household.

Flora ~ *giggles* Aye. She does seem nice.

Rocker ~ *nods* By the way, where is ToyAgu?

Flora ~ *thinks* I think he and Witchie are playing that Digimon Rumble Arena game you got awhile ago.

Rocker ~ *sweat drops* Wow, I haven't played that since I opened all the characters... Well anyway, get to the chapter preview, please.

Flora ~ Sure. *smiles* When Michigan gets hit with a statewide blackout, just what could be waiting for Erin and the Detroit team. hiding in the dark? Find out next time, on the next Dark Diaries!