Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Clone wars ❯ The Battle, or the War? ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
“Alright listen up!” said Tai, “We can't damage that ship anymore that it already is until we get those people off it!
 
Everyone agreed, and began the attack! The bad news was, they really couldn't attack that much at all.
 
Despite the fact that Hennery clones were down there, Hennery himself could get hurt, or worse…
 
They needed a way to define which Hennery was the real Hennery, other than the fact that he was Colonel Silver.
 
 
Down below in the water, the submarines had their missiles armed and ready. “Locking torpedoes on Target, Sir!” said clone 14.
 
“Alright!” said Colonel Silver, then he picked up the radio. “Air patrol, from Colonel Silver, Calling Air Patrol, From Colonel Silver!”
 
“You know the situation! Your first target are the Digimon in the air, and shoot accurately; they're really close to the ship!”
 
 
“Order acknowledged!” said Zoë-36 over the radio.
 
* * *
 
The Grownups had bordered the ship, and found no Hennery clones there, Joe, and Matt walked over to the three remaining passengers.
 
“Don't worry, we're the good guys! said Matt, “We already called the patrol boats to come help you all back to shore!”
 
The Captain shook hands with them both, “Bless you Digi Destined, but you do realize this boat is in pretty bad shape!”
 
“I'd dare shall she'll sink in about… 20 minutes!”
 
Suddenly, they all heard the sound of jets coming their way. “Hey what was that?” asked Sora on Garudamon.
 
The jets began firing their machine guns! Joe and Matt ducked in cover, and the rest of the team in the air scattered about.
 
“It's the Red Ribbon Army, alright!” said Matt, “And it looks like they don't like they have reinforcements!”
 
“Shoot those planes down!” snapped Tai. Just then Garudamon caught a glimpse of the pilot inside one of the ships.
 
“Sora, Zoë's in there!” she cried. “ZOE!!” cried Sora, it could have been a clone, but either way.
 
“Guys, don't shoot!” cried Sora. “My daughter could be in those planes!” but it was already too late.
 
Angemon fired his HAND-OF-FAITH at one of the planes hitting it full force. The back caught fire, and the plane began to descend.
 
“I've been hit… I'm going to Eject! said one of the pilots, she pulled the trigger on he seat and boosted out of the jet just in time.
 
Sora then noticed it was indeed Zoë, but on her badge was a big 36. “It's a clone!” she said to herself.
 
She was about to travel down and tell the others, but Zoë-36 had already been picked up by her Birdramon.
 
Zoë Digivolved her to a Garudamon, and fired at her mother's Garudamon, and sent Sora splashing into the water.
 
“SORA!!!” cried Matt. “Joe, You have to help her!”
 
“Right!” said Joe as he mounted Ikkakumon, and floated towards his fallen friends!
 
* * *
 
In the large sub, Colonel Silver sniggered wickedly. “Where do you think you're going?” he asked to no one particular “Fire the Torpedoes!!”
 
“Yes, Sir!” said Clone-14. He took careful aim, and fired two torpedoes toward Joe's Ikkaumon.
 
* * *
 
On the surface, Joe had gotten Sora and Biyomon safely on Ikkaumon's back…when Suddenly.
 
Ikkaumon felt something hard bang into him from below. “What the…!” he cried. “Something's shooting at us from the water!”
 
“It must be a squad of Submarines!” cried Tai. “I have to go down there!” cried Cody.
 
“No, you can't… there's too many of them!” That was the least of all their problems
 
The Wedding ship sprang leaks on all sides and slowly began descending into the water.
 
“Oh no, we're sinking!” cried Serenity. “Help, get us off here!” cried Ryu as he waved the Digi Destined down.
 
“Help you? Who's going to help us!” cried TK! As they dodged the firing jets again!”
 
The guys were in a real sticky spot, they couldn't just attack the Army without risking the death of their original child dying.
 
But if they didn't, they would get blown out of they skies, and the people on the ship would've been history.
 
The ship sank had almost completely sank into the water. “This it, Serenity!” cried Ryu.
 
Serenity held onto her groom tightly, her marriage that just started already seemed to be at an end.
 
Until… a Seadramon popped hi head out of the water with the coast guard right behind him.
 
“AHOY THERE!!!” cried a familiar voice. The Captain and the couple looked out and saw a familiar person standing on Seadramon's head.
 
“Jaden!” cried Serenity.
 
“Son of a Snapper!” said Ryu.
 
The Jets immediately changed course and started heading for the coast ships.
 
But Seadramon dove right out of the water and smashed his huge body right into the planes.
 
The Zoë-clones were barely able to eject from their seats and have their Birdramon catch them.
 
Pretty soon, the entire Silver fleet was attacking Jaden and his Seadramon, and Jaden was letting them.
 
The team saw what Jaden was up to, he was distracting the Army so they could help the people off the ship.
 
Not a moment too soon had they got the last person off the ship as it sank beneath the waves and exploded.
 
“Wait… we can't leave yet!” cried Serenity, “Jaden… we've got to help him!”
 
“NO… JUST GET OUT OF HERE!!!” screamed Jaden from his Seadramon. “I'D DO ANYTHING FOR YOU SERENITY… ANYTHING!!!”
 
“JADEN… NO!!!”
Colonel Silver popped up out of his sub one last time. “That's what you get for dumping someone who loves you!”
 
Serenity's ears perked up, and so did Ryu's. “Jaden, he loved you?” he asked.
 
That explained everything, why he never returned Serenity's phone calls, or ever spoke to her again.
 
His Wedding invitation was never lost, he didn't accept it. No wonder he didn't come to the wedding.
 
Yet there he was, risking his life for her, which was why he enlisted in the patrol in the first place.
 
* * *
 
After the battle, both Jaden and his Seadramon were nowhere to be seen. He had in fact retreated somewhere out to sea barely alive.
 
The last of boats had cleared out of sight, and Hennery looked up into sky at the grownups.
 
“You may have won the battle Digi Destined, but you lost the War!” he bellowed while holding up the bag of valuables they stole.
 
Hennery then ordered his men, the Zoë's, and Digimon to come down to the main sub. Once all the vehicles were aboard.
 
“Well, this was fun!” said Hennery, “We really must do it again sometime… AND WE WILL!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ,ha!!!” he slammed down the lid of the sub which began transforming.
 
In less than a minute the sub had changed into a rocket, and blasted off into the sky.
 
“Colonel Silver, calling H.Q! Report, mission accomplished! The wedding has been ruined, and the valuables have been retrieved!”
 
“Great job Team-Silver.” Said Davis over the radio, “Head back to base for re-provisions and celebration!”
 
* * *
 
The Digi destined never felt so low before, they had faced their enemy, and no matter how much they tried; Davis got the last laugh!
 
“That's only one of many couples he's hurt!” snapped TK. “Who knows where he'll strike next!”
 
“The worst thing is!” said Kari, “We can't fight against them! We don't know who's a clone and who is real!”
 
“I think I know how!” said Sora. “All the Zoë's I aw in those attacker jets had numbers on their badges!”
 
“When the one called Colonel Silver popped up, he was wearing a sash across his chest instead of a badge!”
 
This proved to be useful information, of course Izzy would have to go back to Jun for more information to conduct some analysis.
 
The only thing the others could do was head home and wait for the next attack.
 
There was still nothing they could do about it. They couldn't possibly tell where the Red Ribbon Army would strike next.
 
The worst part was, with no Rocket ships, and no NASA in operation, they couldn't even get to the moon, to the source of the danger.
 
They needed battle plans!