Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Clone wars ❯ From bad, to Worse. ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
On Earth…
 
Things seemed to have been a little quiet lately, for the Red Ribbon Army seemed to be no where in sight.
 
The Digi destined knew Davis hadn't given up, he was certain to do anything to wipe them out.
 
It was also believed that he was cooking up something powerful up on the moon, maybe that was why was being so quiet lately.
 
Still… they knew he would soon be back in action, and maintained watch over the world whenever a wedding involving Someone's heartbreak came up.
 
* * *
 
That night…
 
Kari was taking out her trash, on the way to the dumpster behind the building in the alley she wondered.
 
Would it have made any difference if she had given Davis a chance all those years ago?
 
She knew Davis was a man willing to drop everything to help Kari at her needs and desires.
 
Plus he had truck-loads of cash to buy anything anyone may want, but the money was not important.
 
What was important was she could've done something to make a friend happy, as well as herself.
 
 
Yeah right, who was she kidding? Davis hated her now for Marrying Tenshin, and having a kid with him.
 
What he didn't know was, Koji was really His son with Kari, but she still didn't tell him or anyone else.
 
Now Koji was driving to Davis' side, and he was up on the moon helping the Red Ribbon Army conquer the world.
 
“Damn myself for this!” cried Kari, “Why can't I do anything right for anyone…WHY?!”
 
She slammed her garbage bag into the dumpster which spread dust everywhere, she coughed and wheezed a bit.
 
Before she walked away, then heard a smaller cough coming from behind the dumpster.
 
She looked in the back, and saw a familiar blue Digivice, and a blue Digimon all covered in dust, soot, and cobwebs.
 
“Veemon? Is that you?”
 
The small Digimon turned, “Oh… Hey Kari!” he spoke in sad and wheezy sick voice.
 
Kari picked up he along lost friend, “What are you doing here?” she asked, “We all thought you were with Davis, on the moon.”
 
Veemon shook his head. “Nah… when I tried to talk Davish out of starting the Army… he kicked me out into the street!”
 
“Well why didn't you call for help?”
 
“Well I tried Digivolving to Ex-Veemon, but I'm separated from Davis, it doesn't work!”
 
“And the Digivice and Di-terminal won't work without him.” He tried pressing the Digivice, but all he did was blow more soot around!”
 
He coughed so more. “Besides! The Dust and the soot aggravates my condition!” he cried.
 
Kari brought the poor little Digimon up to her apartment, gave hi a bath and some food.
 
Soon, he was back to normal!
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile, back at the Space-Station. Tommy-57 had been working outside for a couple of hours now.
 
“Admiral-Violet, I finished the repairs out here!” He said. “Everything's going fine in here too.” Said Tanya, “But it's still going to be two hours work
 
“Stand by the airlock, I'm coming in!”
 
Tommy packed up all his tools, but tripped over his Safety-ropes, and one of his wrenches went flying downward towards the Earth.
 
“Awe Man!” he groaned. “What did you say? There's nothing wrong, is there?” asked Tanya.
 
“No, no it's okay… I just lost a spanner that's all!”
 
He watched the wrench as it burned up in the Earth's atmosphere, and it was gone.
 
Tommy untied his Safety-ropes, and then pressed the button on his belt for his jet pack… but nothing happened!
 
He tried again, still nothing!
 
He pounded, and pounded at the button, and then… WHEEEESH!!! He Jet pack gave a huge shove of energy.
 
Tommy-57 screamed as the energy sent him zooming off the station and drifting into the unknown reaches of Space.
 
“Good God!” cried Admiral Violet from inside! “This is a horrible, terrifying disaster!!!”
 
* * *
 
Back on the Moon, at Red Ribbon Army base, Davis was in the main Command-deck talking with Violet over the radio.
 
“There was nothing we could do sir!” she cried over the speaker. “Tommy-57 just shot off into space like a comet!”
 
“His suit will protect him from the radiation but… With the time he spent working outside, I'd say he has… 3 hours of oxygen left!
 
 
The other soldiers in the room exchanged thoughts toward the situation, one of their teammates was going to die.
 
“There's no chance of you getting him back with the retro-pack?” asked Davis over the radio.
 
 
“None, Sir! He moved to fast for us to get a direction. We were only able to see drift off the station and out of sight.”
 
“We already tried the scanners! He is registering to it somewhere, but along with thousands of meteorites.”
 
“The only chance he has, is if you can launch a rescue team…” She was cut off by Davis.
 
 
“Listen, Violet! You know just as well as I do how dangerous it is for us to launch any ships with the satellite not functioning properly!”
 
 
“Yes, sir.”
 
 
“How long will it be before you get the satellite working again?”
 
“About two hours, Sir!”
 
 
“Then I suggest you get working!!! Tommy-57 gave his life for the success of the Army, and I'm not going to let it be in vain!”
 
 
“Yes, Sir… over and out!”
 
 
* * *
 
Everyone didn't like this at all. “He has just three hours out there!” said Joanne-42. “We have to do something, Commander!”
 
Davis looked at her, “What can we do?” he asked. “Without the satellite to shield and provide for us, we can' make a move!”
 
Musuko approached his father, “I… I know I don't have to say this... He may be a clone, but his life is in danger!”
 
“That's right son… `a clone'…'one clone'” said Davis, “And if we go on a mission without the satellite, it could be more than that!”
 
The kids were finding it hard to keep from making long faces in the army, but even Davis himself was frowning sadly… for the first time in a long time.
 
“Snap out of it everyone!” he ordered, “I feel just as bad as you all do; worse. I'm sorry, but we can't help him!”
 
Davis took a look at the clock it was 9:00pm at night. Standard-Earth-Time! Tommy-57 would die at midnight.
 
* * *
 
Somewhere out in Space, Tommy-57 was drifting through the void of nothingness with no way to return to the Station. His jet pack was empty!
 
“Observatory… H.Q, can anybody hear me? Hello…hello…!” It was no use, he was too far away to beam a signal back to base.