Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Clone wars ❯ It's Final! ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
Koji slowly opened his eyes at home, his head felt as though it was hit by a train.
 
“Koji.” Cried Kari, “Are you okay?”
 
Koji looked around “Where am I?” he cried, and then gawked at his Ribbon Outfit. “And what in the world am I wearing?”
 
“It doesn't matter, honey!” said Kari hugging her little boy, “You're home now, and your safe!”
 
 
Stingmon had brought all the others to Kari's apartment after the battle with Aremikmon.
 
The hospital was overloaded with incoming injured people that Davis' Army had attacked.
 
Luckily, Jun was willing to make a house-call to friends. Secretly, she was concerned about Koji, being his Aunt and all!
 
Jun examine Koji one last time, and confirmed that he didn't remember a thing about the Red Ribbon Army.
 
It seemed that when Stingmon whacked Koji in the head, the concussion had countered all the memories of Davis' past in his mind.
 
“It's probably best if we don't try to remind him.” Said Jun, “He might have a relapse.”
 
Kari was just relieved to have her son back, but that didn't the danger was all over.
 
Everyone knew that Aremikmon would be coming back because he missed Stingmon last night!
 
Plus, they knew Davis would be coming back for Koji, as he was still a part of his army.
 
They needed a plan!
 
* * *
 
A few days later, Koji was permitted to get out of bed. Koji was actually worried about Gatomon-Jr.
 
His little Digimon friend was no where in sight. He looked all over the apartment and found a D3 on Kari's work desk.
 
“That's weird!” he said to himself. Koji's D3 was just like Mother's, but this one was different. “My D3 is supposed to be Pink.”
 
“But this one is Blue.”
 
Koji then pressed the large button at the bottom of the D3, and the screen showed the words… DNA CONFIRMED!
 
“Well… it does recognize me!” he said. “Ah well… It'll do!”
 
* * *
 
The others were all outside discussing about the situation at hand, but it all remained the same.
 
Izzy confirmed that Aremikmon was based on the exact same was a when Ken created Kimeramon.
 
Everyone all agreed when they noted the names of the Digimon. Aremik… was the Kimera spelled backwards.
 
But this Digimon was a Mega-Level, which of course explained how he was able to beat them all so easily last time.
 
It was also noted that he was composed of the parts of Armour Digimon, including Magnamon!
 
“As Powerful as Kimermon ever was, Aremikmon seems to be even stronger!” said Izzy.
 
“You're telling us he's strong!” said Gabbumon, “Agumon and I couldn't even beat him at our Mega forums!”
 
The way it seemed to be figured out, only a DNA Mega-Digimon would have the power to stop him.
 
Tai and Matt would have suggested Omnimon, but that type of a DNA digivolve was so powerful it could only happen once in a while.
 
The only Digimon that could possibly pack a punch big enough was Imperaldramon, but with Veemon un able to Digivolve, that pretty much seemed hopeless.
 
 
Suddenly, Koji's scream was heard from around the corner of the building. “Koji!” cried Kari.
 
She sprang up and ran around the corner. To her surprise, he son was standing in front of Ex-Veemon.
 
“What the?” cried Kari. “Ex-Veemon, How did you Digivolve!”
 
“I…I don't know!” said Ex-Veemon, “Koji came outside with the Blue D3, and I Digivolved, but I don't know how!”
 
The others cam around the corner with wide eye expressions. “Kari, how was Koji able to make Veemon Digivolve!”
 
Kari sweat dropped.
 
Izzy took the D3 and read the DNA file, and gasped, “Guys, according to this… Koji has the exact same DNA as Davis!”
 
Everyone looked confused, even Koji! “Kari, do you know anything about this?” asked Tai.
 
Kari didn't speak. The secret she had kept hidden for all these years was ready to come right out.
 
“You mean, you still haven't told them?” said Jun who had come walking up the street.
 
“Jun, what are you doing here?” asked Matt, “Never mind that!” snapped the young doctor.
 
“Kari, no more of this! Now you either tell them the truth, or I'll tell them! Either way, they have to know!”
 
“Know about what?” asked Tai. “Kari, what the heck is going on here? How can your son with Tenshin have Davis' DNA!”
 
Suddenly his head perked up, “Unless…!” Everyone else was starting to get the drift.
 
Years rolled down Kari's cheeks, “That's right!” she sobbed. “Tenshin isn't as was never Koji's father… Davis is!”
 
A very harsh silence filled throughout the parking lot as everyone started at Kari with nerves of shock.
 
Kari ran inside, up to her apartment, threw herself on her bed, and began to cry.
 
“Why…shy can't I ever do anything right!” she sobbed!
 
* * *
 
 
Jun told everyone the story, of how Kari and Davis got drunk at the party six years ago, one thing lead to another and BOOM.
 
Koji was there!
 
“I promised I wouldn't tell any of you, because I knew you all wouldn't treat Kari well!”
 
“Jun,” said Tai in a calm voice, “You really should have told us about this sooner.”
 
After chatting awhile about the situation, Tai decided to go up and talk to his sister.
 
* * *
 
Koji was sitting on the steps near the building, the only bit of the conversation he heard was the fact that his father was The Davis Motomiya!
 
Jun came around the corner and sat down right by her nephew. “Hey… you okay sweetie?”
 
Koji nodded. “So it's final!” he cried. “My mom's been lying to me all these years. Davis Motomiya is really my Dad!”
 
“Yes, he is.” Said Jun, “But you know… you're lucky to have Davis for a Daddy!”
 
“No it's not!” cried Koji, “Hearing his name, I began to remember…”
 
“Davis…my Dad… he's really Commander Red, in charge of the Red Ribbon Army, and I'm from the Red Ribbon Army too!”
 
Jun softened Koji by telling him. He didn't know of what he was doing when he joined the army.
 
“Your Dad, is just doing because… well it's rather complicated but, He wants to be a family with you and your mom.”
 
“But it seemed no matter how hard he worked for it, she never gave him a chance!”
 
“But when you came along, you opened your mom's eyes that she really wanted to be with your Dad all along.”
 
“It just took her a long time to see it!”
 
“Hey kid… you can help us you know. You have your dad's power flowing with in you, you can help us save him, and bring him back to us.”
 
“It would mean so much to me, to us, and especially to your mom.. what do you say kid?”
 
Koji looked up at her with a smile. “Okay I'll do it.” He said “…Aunt Jun!” Jun smiled and brought him into a hug.
 
“I always wanted to be called, Aunt!”