Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Clone wars ❯ Does He still love her? ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
 
The Hospital was completely booked out with the children of the Digi destined, and Jun and Joe were working round the clock.
 
“They'll be alright.” Said Jun, “They suffered a pretty major concussion in the battle, but they just need rest.”
 
The adults relived by all this decided to go out for some fresh air.
 
That's when they saw at least six Taxis coming through the hospital zone with their parents inside.
 
“All right kids, start talking!” said Tai and Kari's Dad, “You're all in big trouble!” said TK's Mom.
 
“Whoa… what's eating you all?” asked Matt. “Oh nothing we just though you were all Dead!” said Izzy's mother.
 
“We heard that you were all going to fight the Whole Red Ribbon Army… alone!” said Sora's Mom.
 
“But I guess judging from the way you all look.” Said Izzy's Dad, “It looks like we were wrong about that.”
 
The Digi destined all looked confused. “What is everyone talking about?” asked Izzy.
 
The senior's changed their expressions, “You're all smart kids, I knew you wouldn't do anything ass foolish as that!” said Davis' Dad.
 
Tai stepped forward, “But… we did attack the Red Ribbon Army.” He said, “We beat the whole bunch, and we got back the kids!”
 
“WHAT!!!!!!!” the seniors all cried at once. “Y…you mean… you beat every single soldier in the Red Ribbon Army… on your own?” asked Mimi's mom.
 
“Yes…well not all of them.” Said TK, “Some of the clones tried to run away, and then Davis destroyed them.”
 
Izzy's Dad took out his laptop and downloaded more pictures of the moon that were recently taken.
 
But when he got to the Humboldt Sea on the far side of the Moon, all he saw were bits and pieces of what was once Red Ribbon Army Headquarters.
 
“I Don't Believe It!!!” he cried. “It's been completely demolished!”
 
“The Entire Base? That is unbelievable!” said Matt's father.
 
* * *
 
The Seniors all looked through the window and saw their grandchildren sleeping soundly in the hospital beds.
 
Their kids also told them about everything Davis did to them. He brainwashed them into working for him.
 
However, it was thanks to Koji that they were able to over come the Red Ribbon defense core.
 
The Seniors were proud of Koji, especially his Kamiya Grandparents, they did wonder.
 
How Koji able to help them get Imperialdramon to reappear, they thought only Davis could do that.
 
So Kari decided to fess up, and told them that Koji was actually her son with Davis.
 
The Seniors looked as though they were having heart attacks. Except for the Motomiya's.
 
“I always wanted a real Grandson.” Said Davis' Dad, “Not one that was created in a test tube!”
 
His wife agreed with him, “A real grandchild, I think I'm going to faint!” she giggled.
 
So the others decided if they were keen on it, why let it bother them.
 
 
The conversation continued long until about 9:00pm, it was also revealed to why Davis did all this.
 
He was jealous, and angry because Kari married another man, which forced Davis to create Musuko, making it so he could ever make another child,
 
Kari blamed this all on herself, if only she'd given Davis the chance a long time ago.
 
So she felt, that if she told Davis about Koji, and that she wants to make it up to him, then maybe he'll stop all this revenge stuff.
 
 
“But He got away!” said Mimi, “And he took our Digimon with him, but as to where we don't know.”
 
“YOU'RE JUST NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH!” came a familiar voice from above.
 
Everyone looked up at the sky, and saw black clouds everywhere, and gigantic crystal shaped object hovering about 500 above them.
 
“Davis!” snapped Tai.
 
And sure enough, there he was, using his powers to levitate himself in midair by the ship.
 
“Oh my!” cried Davis' mom, “My baby boy is floating in midair?” she fainted into her husbands arms.
 
“DAVIS, YOU COME DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT, OR YOUR GOING TO GET IT!!!” yelled his Father.
 
Davis just shot a small energy ball which nearly hit them all. “You Fool, old man!” snapped Davis, “Threaten me again, and you'll suffer them same fate as them!”
 
For the first time… a father was scared of his own son.
 
“Now as for you guys!” Davis said to the Digi destined, “I don't know if you eluded me through cleverness, or you are all cowards!”
 
“Either way I'm holding all the cards now!”
 
“You can either say Good-bye to you Digimon pals, or hand over the kids back to me!”
 
“I'll be back in three hours, think it over. You must give me your decision then. If you don't, then the deal is off, and the Digimon remain mine!”
 
“The choice is really all up to you now, Digi destined… HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!! AH, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!”
 
The sound of Davis' sinister laugh echoed on as he disappeared back into the Ship, and took off back into Space!
 
The clouds all cleared, and everyone saw the giant Town clock… 9:00pm, Davis would be back at Midnight!
 
“Tai… what are we going to do!” cried Kari.
 
“I wish I knew!”
 
* * *
 
Davis' Ship just stayed above orbiting the Earth where his Red Ribbon Space Station once stood.
 
 
Inside… Davis was sitting in his chair by Musuko's bed. He had put his son down for a nap earlier on so he'd be ready for one last showdown with the others.
 
“That's my boy.” He whispered as not to wake him. “Musuko, my son, if anything were to happen to you…”
 
“I'll not let you go in vain!”
 
Davis bent over gently, and pecked his son on the head.
 
“What's happening to me?” he thought to himself. “Why am I acting all fuzzy and warm again?”
 
Davis kept on asking himself over and over as he traced to his room just down the corridor from Musuko's
 
He sat in his big armchair and looked into an old Photo album he always carried with him.
 
Pictures of the old days, and pictures of him and the team growing up, but from out of them all… there was one Picture Davis treasured the most.
 
A picture of him and Kari standing together in the park one day that the others took as a sneak up joke… one that even Kari didn't make up.
 
Davis felt a smile appear on his face, that was the closest he and Kari ever got together.
 
Suddenly… it hit him!
 
“No…No it can't be!” he said to himself, he used his powers to switch on a stereo in the back to play special music.
 
Davis sang this to himself the first time he admitted that he was in love with Kari.
 
Now after all this time, all these diabolical schemes he made to wipe her and the others out… She was still in his mind.
 
Davis sang to the music as he wiped out a photo album that only contained pictures of Kari.
 
* * *
 
[Davis]
 
-Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
Am I still in love with her face?
She
still makes my day begin.
Am still attracted to that tune
She
used to whistle night and noon.
Her smiles, her frowns,
Her ups, her downs
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.
I was rather independent and content before we met;
Surely I
have tried to be that way again-
And yet

I'm still in love with her look;
In love with her voice;
In love with
her face.
 
* * *
 
Davis couldn't believe it, he was still in love with that same girl he met a long time ago…the same girl he always loved.
 
Davis turned from the college pictures, to the ones that showed Kari in her twenties.
 
* * *
 
[Davis]

-I do remember ho she'd say
"Good morning" eve
ry day.
Her joys, her woes,
Her highs, her lows,
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.
I'm very grateful she's a woman
And one I should forget;
Rather like a habit
One can always break-
And yet…
I'm still in love to the trace
Of something in the air;
I'm still in love with her face.
 
* * *
 
Davis let the book drop out of his hands and onto the floor as he drifted off to sleep.
 
“What am I talking about?” he thought as he dozed, “Kari had her chance… now it's my turn!”