Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIMON: The Pure Darkness ❯ Tragedy at the winter festival! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTES: -
Welcome to the long awaited episode eight of "Digimon: The Pure darkness" (*Well long awaited for some anyway ^_^;;*) In this chapter I pick on Ken and make him do an awful awful thing (*Laughs evilly*) Oh and Ryo fans will be happy… I decided to add him as a character, I was dabbling around with the idea of having an extra character and I chose him ^_^ Ryo is cool!
Anyway that is all for now…enjoy episode eight!

DIGIMON: The Pure Darkness

LAST EPISODE:

KEN - Kouichi was possessed by the darkness and he proceeded to attack us and he was inches away from killing his own brother when rika intervened by knocking kouichi over the head with a frying pan, causing the darkness to flee. Unfortunately tragedy came later when the mysterious virus finally claimed August's life...

...now we're all out for revenge against the darkness, but the big question is, how do we fight it and destroy it?

***************************

Episode Eight: - "Tragedy at the winter festival!"

"I can't believe she's gone..." Ken muttered as he stared absent-mindedly at the floor of the kitchen in Kouji's dorm apartment. "...it only seemed like yesterday we were meeting her for the first time..."

"Yeah..." agreed Kari. "...she didn't deserve this, no one does" Kari then looked up at Junpei who was stood by Rika, both of which seemed to be in worlds of their own. "Where's Kouji?"

Junpei's eyes moved to look at Kari he then moved them towards Kouji's bedroom door.

"In there..." he replied. "...this morning when he called me he seemed okay, but I guess that was just him trying to keep a cool head about everything. Now I think the recent events have caught up with him and he doesn't seem to be dealing all that well with them..."

"Poor guy" sighed Ken. "I wish we could help..."

"Whatever we do we can't let him spiral into a pit of depression..." Rika suddenly said making the others turn towards her. Afterwards Kari's face lit up.

"We could take him to the College winter festival that's being held today..." she suggested. "...it would be good for us all"

The others nodded their heads in agreement prompting Junpei to slowly move towards Kouji's room. He quietly knocked on the door then walked in slowly. Kouji was sat on the edge of his bed, his back facing him. He was just staring at the window.

"Erm...Kouji...?" Junpei began, he paused waiting for Kouji to tell him to leave him alone but that never came so he continued. "...we're all thinking of going to that winter festival today...wanna come?"

"...I don't even have a picture of her..." came Kouji's quiet yet unexpected reply. Junpei walked nearer to his friend then eventually sat down beside him. "... I don't have anything like a photo to remember her by..."

Junpei frowned at his friend he then remembered something, which he had in his pocket. Carefully he drew out a folded piece of paper and placed it in kouji's hands making him look up at him.

"What's this?" he asked.

"I... found it under some of the books you have on the kitchen table..." Junpei explained as Kouji unfolded the piece of paper to reveal a drawing, a drawing by August. It was of the whole group; Ken, Kouichi, Junpei, Rika, Kari, Takuya, August and himself, it had been drawn yesterday, the same day she had died. "...maybe you could keep that to remind you of her..."

For the first time that day a small smile grew across Kouji's face as he thanked his friend for giving him the drawing.

"So how about that festival..." Junpei continued. "...I'm not guarantying you'll have fun...I doubt I will either but it's better than just being here ... alone..."

"You get points for being persistent..." Kouji replied. He then sighed as he stood up. "Fine I'll go..."

Junpei stood up also and nodded to his friend with a warm jolly smile on his face, which was one of the features Kouji liked about Junpei, no matter what he is always the mood maker of the group, always smiling, happy and looking on the bright side despite what has happened.

*******************************

"Everyone at the college had been surprised that they were holding the winter festival this year after all that had been going on, but I guess everyone's spirits needed lifting, especially mine... two of my friends are dead thanks to this darkness not to mention half the students here, I find myself wishing I could help, wishing I could avenge the deaths of those who have died... I sweared to Takuya and August I'd seek revenge for their lives but now I'm not so sure I can, after all what can I do, I can't even spirit evolve..."

Kouji gave a small sigh as he moved his eyes from the grey sky above him to the floor he was walking on. He hadn't been paying any attention to his friends as they chatted happily amongst themselves; Kouji just had too much stuff running about in his mind to take notice of anything.

As his thoughts wandered again Ken noticed the subdued look on his friends pale and worried face. He frowned at him knowing what he was thinking about, and that deep down he was probably blaming himself for everything that's happened and that he had a dark rage burning inside of him wanting to get out.

As the other's walked on Ken quickly grabbed kouji's arm and pulled him back from the group. The others looked back at them but Ken motioned for them to move on so the did.

As ken stood before his friend he noticed he was hardly acknowledging him.

"Kouji..." he began. "...I know losing takuya and August was hard but we can't afford to have you fall apart on us, not now"

Kouji gradually looked up at ken with a look in his eyes, which he had never seen before, not in kouji's eyes anyway. It was the look of pure ice, almost as if he didn't care about anything, let alone himself anymore.

"Why would it make a difference?" Kouji snapped back harshly. "I'm not important, I can't do anything..."

With that Ken quickly grabbed hold of Kouji's coat and pushed him harshly into a small alleyway, which was beside them and pinned him up against the brick wall.

"Look! You are important! Just because your unable to spirit evolve doesn't mean you aren't a part of this team... you are whether you like it or not and I'm not gonna stand around and watch my best friend fall into a state of depression..." Ken stopped talking and with a sigh he forced himself to calm down. "... Kouji, we need you..."

Kouji remained silent as he stared into the desperate expression on Ken's face. He knew ken was telling the truth but he now needed to make himself believe it too, could he really help defeat the darkness without having to be stronger? Ken eventually released his grip on Kouji's coat and stepped back, he knew Kouji needed time to think about things but time was something they didn't have. After a few minutes Ken just signed and began to walk away but he stopped when he heard two words mutter from Kouji's mouth.

"I'm sorry"

Ken slowly turned towards his friend but as he did he noticed a figure of a man watching them from the top of the roof. Kouji followed his friend's glare but as he did the man jumped down in between the two of them landing perfectly on the concrete floor.

"Who are you?" Ken asked.

"Your worst nightmare, boys..." the man sniggered as he looked up at ken revealing his pitch black eyes.

"The darkness..." Ken whispered, Kouji's eyes opened wide as he heard his friend speak those words. Then suddenly the man lunged for Ken without warning and slammed into him knocking him to the ground. As he did Ken's Advanced D-Scanner fell out of his pocket and hit the ground with a crack.

"Hey!" snapped kouji as he ran towards the man but the man simply hit Kouji with his right arm and sent him flying back into the wall behind him making his body slump to the floor.

"That's it!" Ken sneered as he struggled to stand up; as he did he picked up his Advanced D-Scanner and held it up. "I'm gonna teach you not to mess with us..."

With that his Advanced D-Scanner began to glow.

"SPIRIT FUSION.... HUESTINGMON!!!"

As he got ready to fight huestingmon noticed a strange feeling he had never had before, not while in his spirit fusion form but he couldn't pinpoint what he was feeling so just tried to shake it off.

"Whoooooo! I'm scared," the darkness taunted as he pointed a finger at the digital monster in front of him. "I can take you on and win!"

"We'll see..." HueStingmon sneered as he readied himself for action. His left hand turned into the glowing green spike and he dove for the darkness.

"EMRALD STRIKE!!!"

But the darkness simply jumped out of the way so HueStingmon's attack had missed him just by inches. He growled as he turned to look back at the man, sweat now appearing on his forehead. As this was going on Kouji began to come too by the wall and the first thing he saw was huestingmon attacking the man whose body the darkness had taken over.

"Hey!" Kouji yelled at HueStingmon. "Remember! That body belongs to someone innocent, try not to harm him, just scare the darkness enough for it to leave his body"

HueStingmon glanced quickly at Kouji, then at the man in front of him. For some strange odd reason he was finding it hard to concentrate and the objects about him were spinning as the intensity grew within him. Kouji could tell that his friends was in trouble so continued to yell at his friend in an attempt to keep him focused, but it wasn't working at all.

"What's the matter..." the darkness taunted. "...feeling a little down?"

Once again hueStingmon tried to shake off the feeling deep within him, but it was growing stronger by the minute.

"I'll destroy you..." he sneered. "...I'll get you back for what you've put us and everyone else through!!!!"

With that he brought out his shield and held it in front of him as the crest of kindness symbol began to glow green.

"ATARASHII YASASHISA!!!!" HueStingmon yelled as the green beam shot across the floor towards the darkness, but once again the darkness just jumped out of it's way and then ran out of the alleyway with HueStingmon closely following behind ignoring Kouji's pleas to stop.

"Damn it!" Kouji cursed as he ran after them.

***********************************************

"Hey! Hey! Rika! Long time no see!"

Rika turned around to see Takato and Henry stood behind her. Both had defiantly matured in their looks, especially Henry who now was fashioning a fancy goatee beard on his face.

"Well well! if it isn't the goggleheads" Rika sneered as she turned to great them with a sly yet slightly happy look on her face. The others too, turned to face them but all of them had no clue to who they were.

"So who are your friends?" Kari asked politely.

"This is Takato and Henry..." Rika replied. "...They're fellow tamers"

"Oh it's lovely to meet you" Kari announced happily as she enthusiastically shook their hands.

"Well I hope your all not like "Queen of the un-dead" here" Kouichi joked to them while gesturing towards rika. Rika's eyes narrowed as she just thumped him on top of his head. "Ow, watch it Mortisha!"

"If you know what's good for you, you'd cram that hole shut," rika threatened. Kouichi, taking no chances, fell silent.

"Heh! So who are your friends Rika?" Takato asked, with an unusually large sweatdrop forming on his head.

"Oh this is Kari, Junepi and the wise guy is Kouichi" Rika then began looking around the group and her face became puzzled. "Hey! Where's Ken and Kouji? Aren't they back yet?"

As soon as she had mentioned their names the darkness ran straight past them followed swiftly by HueStingmon. The others just watched them pass with very confused looks on their faces, until Kouji finally reached them.

"Guys it's the darkness..." he yelled as he ran past, still following HueStingmon. Rika looked towards kari and Kouichi and nodded to them.

"Lets do it!"

"SPIRIT FUSION!!!"

"SPIRIT EVOLUTION!!!!"

"DARKLADY SAKUYAMON!!!"

"YUMEANGEWOMON!!!"

"DUSKMON!!!"

As the three digimon followed Kouji Takato and Henry just watched on in amazement.

"Er... since when could Rika do that?" Takato asked, pointing the way the digimon had gone while looking at Junpei.

"It's a loooooooooooooong story" junpei replied as he gave Takato a friendly pat on his back.

***************************************

"What's going on Kouji?" YumeAngewomon yelled to Kouji who she was hovering just above. All three of them had come to a halt as they watched hueStingmon desperately try to attack the darkness.

"I think there's something wrong with HueStingmon..." kouji replied. "...he seems to be acting all agitated, as if he's..."

"Scared..." Duskmon finished. Kouji nodded at him then returned to watch Huestingmon.

"If we don't stop him now, who knows what he'll be capable of doing, after all when I was Garmmon...I could of killed Takuya and August..." then Kouji let out a sigh as he moved his eyes to the ground below him. "...not that it would of made a difference..."

"Try to stay focused kouji" Darklady sakuyamon warned her friend. Kouji took in a deep breath and tried to look confident, but inside he was truly falling apart.

"Lets go!" yelled Duskmon, as be began to move out towards HueStingmon prompting the others to follow as Kouji stood at the sidelines, hoping with all his heart that he wouldn't lose any more friends.

**************************************

"Don't worry HueStingmon, we're here to help" YumeAngewomon cried out to her friends, but she stopped dead in the sky when she saw the state he was in. His head was streaming with sweat and it as obvious by his vigorous movements that he was really scared.

"Look I think we should take over now," Darklady Sakuyamon suggested but Huestingmon just growled at her.

"Stay away!!!" he sneered. "This is my battle, I don't need help!"

With that he continued to battle the darkness. Despite hueStingmon's warning the other three digimon also joined in the battle shooting whatever they had at him, but the darkness didn't seem phased at all.

Suddenly the darkness turned around viciously and knocked HueStingmon flying. He then hit the other three with a dark blast of energy, which made them plummet to the ground and turn back into their human forms.

"What? Does this thing just naturally get stronger" Rika murmured as she tried to pick herself up off the floor, but as she looked up she saw the darkness staring down at her and her friends, with those cold dark eyes. He readied his hands for another dark energy blast but as he fired something jumped in between them and the blast, blocking it.

"What the...?" Kouichi began as all three looked up to see some kind of dragon type digimon with a human type body, which was covered from metal, head to toe.

"Run NOW!!!" he told the others. Rika, Kari and Kouichi quickly picked themselves up and ran towards Kouji but as they did the painful yell of the strange digimon made Rika turn back to face him. As she did she saw the digimon fall to the ground and in a flash of light it turned into a very familiar face.

"RYO!!!"

The others looked up and followed Rika's gaze at the 23 year old who was now laying on the ground at the mercy of the darkness. Ryo just closed his eyes tight and waited for the worst to come, but as the darkness was ready to strike him with the final blow Huestingmon came out of nowhere grabbing the body the darkness had possessed and slammed it against a nearby wall as hard as he could with a blood curdling yell which sent shivers down the spines of everyone there.

As the body hit the wall the darkness shot out of his mouth and into the sky above them.

HueStingmon watched it leave then looked at the body of the man which he still had his hand on. Blood began pouring down the wall from the back of him and dripping onto the floor. Huestingmon just let go of him allowing his lifeless body to slump to the floor, he then stepped back a few paces in pure horror of what he had done.

As he turned back into Ken the others carefully approached him from behind.

"What have I done...." he whispered to himself. "...I killed him..."

"Ken..." began Rika, but she couldn't find the words to say so she stayed silent. Suddenly ken just ran past them as fast as he could towards the main gates of the college. Rika, Ryo, kouichi and Kari followed him shouting out his name but only Kouji didn't, he was too busy staring at the body of the man on the floor. He then figured he should get out of the area before anybody came by so he made a quick retreat.

********************************

Walking back to his dorm Kouji was deep in thought about all the events, all the needless deaths and suffering, all caused by this one shadow, this pure darkness...

...suddenly Kouji just fell to his hands and knees and burst out crying, he had been holding his feelings back all day and now they were all coming out at once.

"Why them...?" he cried out. "...what did all these people do to deserve to die! What did Takuya and August do? What!?! TELL ME!!!!"

The warm tears steamed from his eyes and fell onto the cold grey concrete of the courtyard of the college... creating a small wet patch underneath his head...

"...why...?" he finally whispered to himself as he calmed down a little.

Suddenly he looked up as a shiver went through his spine. He looked around him but nothing was there, but he felt like there was something watching him. Slowly he picked himself up off the floor and began walking, faster and faster soon turning into a sprint as he ran around a corner... as he did the dark shadow flew straight into his body, making him yell out in pure pain as it did. He just had to resist being taken over by the darkness; he didn't want to be personally responsible for any deaths, not now...

Just then as Kouji let out one huge scream a strange glow of light lit up around him which grew more intense as kouji grew more distressed... then the light grew so intense the darkness was expelled from his body, making it fly off into the sky once more.

The light around kouji vanished quickly as he fell to the ground.

"L...light..." were the last words he spoke, before he passed out.

****************************************

NEXT EPISODE: -

RIKA: - Ken, hiding from the mistake he has made, vows never to fight as HueStingmon again, but realizing his actions were caused by his broken digivice Kari goes to see Izzy with Kouji and Kouichi to see if he can fix it and maybe make it so Kouji can use his spirits around the darkness. But while they are gone it only leaves ryo and I against the darkness and with it growing fast we aren't sure if we can keep it at bay.

Next time it's "The darkness will play..." Keep reading ;)