Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ FACE OFF ❯ The Start of a New Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Well this has been a great story so far ^^ I've been able to get a lot written in a short time. Hopefully this will continue in this fashion as time goes by ^^ Thanks for the reviews and I hope to receive more as time goes on ^^

***

Finally the day was over. They had English, Japanese History and English Grammar in the afternoon. Japanese History was taught by Okinawa- sensei. Matt had been right about his homeroom teacher, Tai had never felt so bored in all his life. He wondered how he would make it though a while year of that.
They were having their end of day homeroom. Takuya and Sora were presenting to the class the things they had learned in their lunch time meeting.
"We hope that you will all participate in keeping our school beautiful! It is mandatory for all students to clean the classroom everyday after class. As well this month we are in charge of cleaning the hallways along with class 6 and 8." Sora said.
"Today after school there will be a presentation in the large gym. All the clubs in the school will have booths set up where you can then sign up to participate in club activities" Takuya read off of his paper "We encourage all of you to join a club to become involved in your school"
The final bell chimed and everyone started working. Desks were pushed out of the way as students swept the floor. Others started to wash the black boards.
Sora found herself outside in the hallway sweeping with Matt.
"Are you going to sign up for any clubs this year?" Sora asked.
"Yeah. The go home club" Matt replied with a mischievous smile.
Sora laughed. "I should have expected that from you. I'm going to join the tennis club"
"Well have fun. I'm going to keep working on my band with the other guys. Lucky for us we all go put into class 8. It's a blast." Matt said as he stopped sweeping. "So have you met this Kai girl that Tai is hanging out with?" Matt asked leaning on his broom.
"Kind of. She seems nice enough. Tai was telling me that she asked to be taken out of Teine. If you ask me, anyone giving up the chance to attend that school is loopy!" Sora smiled.

***

Kai, Tai and Takuya took off before all the cleaning had been finished.
"Nice class representative you are! You don't even finish the things you ask us to do!" Kai said as they ran towards the gym.
"It's not like either of you stayed!" Takuya shot back at her.
"But you have responsibilities" Tai said, quickening his pace.
"I'm going to be first on the soccer club list!" Takuya sang out as they flew down the three flights of stairs to the main floor.
Taking two or three steps at a time, they raced on. On the last flight of stairs Kai jumped them all, momentarily taking the lead but Tai and Takuya caught up quickly.
They dashed into the gym together. It was a close race as they grew near the soccer club booth. Kai tripped Tai and he stumbled to the ground. Takuya, caught off guard, tripped over Tai as Kai signed her name at the top of the soccer list.

***

Kai dropped her soccer bag in the entry way of her house and took off her shoes. She slipped into her slippers and walked to the kitchen to look for something to eat.
Hana, Kai's twin sister, was sitting on the couch in front of the TV with her textbooks scattered around her.
"Mum and dad home?" Kai asked as she poured herself a glass of tea and took a long sip.
"Are they ever home?" Hana replied, tapping her pencil against her notebook.
Being twins, the two girls couldn't look any different. Hana had waist length brown hair with deep brown eyes. She was always good in school and very quiet. Hana also seemed to be quite timid and shy and she was extremely nice. People like to try to use her sometimes. Kai let them know that they were wrong in their thinking. Kai's blonde hair reached her mid- back and she had emerald green eyes. Kai loved sports and also had a tendency to pick fights, especially if it was to protect her twin. They had always been the best of friends.
It was Friday night and Kai was pooped. Soccer practice had been long and hard. She had finished her second week of school and the team only had one more week to get ready for their first game.
Tai and Kai had become quite close friends over the past two weeks. Tai would always walk her home after practice since it was on the way back to his apartment.
The first time Tai has seen her house, she thought he was going to pass out. It was a big two story house with four bedrooms. Much more impressive than the Kamiya's three bedroom apartment.
"Where's Scott?" Kai asked as she heated the left over curry from the night before.
Scott was the twin's older brother. Two years their elder, Scott looked more like Kai than Hana. He had the same blonde hair and green eyes. He attended Sassho, a private school for boys. Sassho was the equivalent to Teine.
"He went out Karaoke with some friends I think" Hana said.
Kai seated herself beside Hana and started eating her curry while watching SMAP X SMAP.
"So are you glad you switched to public?" Hana asked. Hana was still attending Teine.
Kai nodded "I really am. I couldn't stand all of those snobs! Besides, remember that boy I was telling you about before?"
"Tai?" Hana asked.
"Yeah, well I think I'm in love with him!" Kai blushed.

***

Yolei and Kari were singing the theme song to Sailor moon as Tai took a sip of his Fanta Grape.
"It's been a crazy two weeks hasn't it?" Sora said and Matt nodded.
The group had decided to go to the game center and get a Karaoke room to celebrate the weekend.
"Jr. High is a lot of fun eh TK?" Daisuke said.
"Yeah, it's nice to be able to meet up with Izzy ding lunch too!" TK smiled.
Ken, Daisuke, TK, Kari and Yolei had started their first year of Jr. High. Cody was finishing his last year of elementary school.
"It's not fair! I'm all by myself at elementary school!" Cody said.
"Don't worry! Next year you'll be with us again" TK said as he started snaking on some Pocky.
"It's nice to still have familiar faces around the school now that you, Sora and Matt are gone" Izzy said to Tai.
"It's too bad that Joe couldn't make it tonight. It would have been nice to have most of the group back together. I mean it's almost impossible to get u all together since Mimi moved to the states" TK commented.
"Joe said he couldn't come because he was studying for his university entrance exams" Izzy said.
"What? We're two weeks into the school year! Entrance exams aren't until the middle of second semester!" Matt exclaimed.
"Joe stresses too much!" Tai laughed.
"At least he'll be prepared when the time comes" Sora reached for her tea "He wants to get into a top university! Can you blame him for wanting to prepare so well?"
Kari and Yolei finished their song and sat down at the table.
"Let's not worry about Joe and enjoy ourselves for the night!" Daisuke raised his glass of coke. "A toast to us!"
Everyone raised their glasses.

***

Vi looked down at her new uniform and then back at the office door. It was Monday morning and she was transferring to a new school, two weeks into the new year. Why she didn't transfer at the beginning of the term she didn't know. Why she was transferring from Private to public was another mystery. It just happened before she even really knew what was going on.
Walking away from the office Vi looked around her new school. Suddenly she panicked. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be at her old school. Then she saw him.
He was the most gorgeous boy she had ever seen. Without meaning to, her jaw dropped as well as the books she was holding.
He walked towards her and picked up her books. Vi forced her mouth to close and her cheeks turned scarlet.
"Thanks" Vi managed as he handed her the books.
"No problem" he said and then walked away.
"Vi watched his figure disappear up the stairs. She knew exactly why she had transferred here.

***