Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star
Chapter Two
Introductions
“Kouichi?” I ask confused.
“Who's that?” the boy resembling my ex-friend asks.
“Wait, you're not Kouichi, you're Koji Minamoto, right?” I ask as I sit up.
“Yeah, but how's you know that?” Koji responds.
“How'd I get here?” I ask, looking around.
“Wait a minute, aren't you the paper boy? Um, I mean, paper girl?”
I nod my head, “Yeah, I've seen you a few times through your bedroom window.”
“I knew you looked familiar when I saw you in the river,” Koji insists.
“She's awake,” the young voice from before comments.
“Yeah, that's great!” the female voice agrees.
I turn to see a group of four kids. There is one female, about Kouichi's age; she has blonde hair and is wearing a purple outfit.
In front of her is a young boy wearing a puff hat, white T-shirt, and brown pants.
The boy standing over the girl's right shoulder is a boy with brown hair, wearing red along with goggles on his head.
The final person is a boy who looks to be the oldest, maybe just a few years older than the rest. He has brown hair and is wearing a blue outfit over his somewhat chubby body.
“We were worried about you,” goggle-boy states.
“Yeah, especially after we pulled you out of the water and you weren't breathing,” the cubby boy agrees.
“Mm-hmm, lucky for you Koji knows CPR, or you'd be a goner for good,” the girl nods.
I can feel a blush dash across my face at her words. CPR? As in, mouth to mouth resuscitation?
I make eye contact with Koji and we both turn away from each other, but not before I catch the blush on his face.
“Um, my name's Zoe, by the way,” the girl introduces herself in an attempt to change the topic.
“And I'm Takuya,” the goggle boy adds.
“I'm Tommy,” the younger boy smiles happily.
“You can just call me, J.P,” the chubby boy shrugs.
“My name's Sakiko, nothing special,” I shrug.
“Nice to meet you,” Zoe grabs my hand and shakes it energetically.
“Charmed,” I smile back.
“So, how do you and Koji know each other?” J.P. asks.
“She's my . . .”
“I'm the paper girl for his block, that's all,” I interrupt. “Look, it's been nice and all, and thank you for saving me, but I've got to go find Kouichi.”
“Kouichi? Whos' that?” Zoe asks.
“The guy I came here with,” I answer. It's a lame answer, but I can't call him my friend anymore.
I bow my head sadly and my bangs fall over my eyes.
“Is something wrong?” Tommy asks.
“Come on, guys, let's help Sakiko find Kouichi,” Takuya insists.
“You'd do that?” I ask in disbelief as I raise my head.
“Yeah, why not? Do you have any idea where he might be?” Zoe asks.
“Well, the last time I saw him a large Digimon was talking to him about a spirit,” I state, carefully wording it so that they don't think I'm insane.
“A large Digimon? Hmm, who could that be?” J.P. asks thoughtfully.
“Who do you think, it's gotta be Churrubymon,” a small white Digimon speaks up. “The name's Bokomon, it's a pleasure to meet you.”
“And I'm Neimon,” the yellow Digimon next to Bokomon nods.
“What makes you think it was Churrubymon?” Takuya asks.
“Think about it, Takuya,” Koji starts. “It was a large Digimon, meaning it had to be one of the three Celestial Digimon. Saraphymon's been turned into an egg, and besides, both his and Ophanimon's spirits were given to us. That just leaves Chrrubymon.”
“Well put, Koji,” Bokomon congradualtes. “Now, what spirit was given to him?”
“I . . . don't . . . know,” I answer. “Some help I've turned out to be.”
“Well, let's all think for a minute,” Zoe suggests. “How many of Chrrubymon's flunkys have we run into already?”