Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 20 ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 20 Beowulfmon Emerges
Duskmon reaches the sphere before I can reach him, and he starts forcing his way through to get to Koji. I follow right after him, and due to the remaining space from him pushing through, I am able to get back in. However, by the time I manage to get in, Duskmon already has Koji by his collar.
"Koji!" I call out to him. "Kouichi! Put Koji down!"
Koji takes that moment to force Duskmon to release him. I run to his side to make sure that he is all right.
"Koji, try Digivolving," I suggest.
"If I could don't you think I would have already?" Koji points out.
"But, why wouldn't you be able to Digivolve?"
"I don't know," Koji comments, getting a little annoyed. "Something must be wrong with my D-tector."
"Well, you should figure that out," I explain. "I'll hold back Kouichi."
"You sure you can do it?" Koji asks.
"I can at least try. He's my friend after all, if I can't at least hold him back then what good am I?"
Koji nods as I turn back to face Kouichi.
"I don't know what you're trying to do, but that's not the Kouichi I know," I start.
"I don't know what you're talking about," Duskmon comments, getting thoroughly pissed.
"The Kouichi I know wanted very much to find the one person missing from his life. He wanted to find that person no matter what the cost, no matter how far he had to go in order to locate him. Kouichi, don't you remember? Don't you remember how badly you wanted to meet Koji Minamoto?" I ask, forgetting completely and totally that Koji is standing right behind me, trying to fix his D-tector.
"Me?" he asks, but I ignore him.
"Have you forgotten your grandmother's last words? Remember, Kouichi? She's the one who told you about Koji's existence," I continue.
"His grandmother did? But, how would she know about me?" Koji continues with his commentary of confusion.
Once again, I ignore him.
"'Kouichi, you need to know you have a brother. His name is Koji Minamoto.' Remember now, Kouichi? Those were your grandmother's final words!" I plea for him to remember.
"Nonsense, I am a Digimon, I have no relation to you humans!" Duskmon growls. "Now get out of my way!"
With that, Duskmon blasts me away. I fly backwards at a fast speed, knocking the wind right out of me. Koji manages to stop me by catching me in his arms.
"Enryamon," Koji calls my Digimon name as he holds him in his arms.
The data falls away from me and I lay weakly in his arms.
"Sakiko?" Koji gasps.
"Koji, save him, please," I beg as I force my body to sit up.
"Are you sure you're all right?" Koji asks with concern.
"I'm fine, the one who needs help now is Kouichi," I explain, as I wrap my hands around the D-tector in his hand, trapping his hand with it. "Please, Digivolve and save him, you're the only one who can right now."
Suddenly, Koji's D-tector starts to shine. A light comes through Sukkakumon's side and breaks through to the D-tector. I release it and make eye contact with Koji. We both nod and he stands up.
Execute! Double Spirit Evolution!
Beowulfmon!
When he is finished transforming he stands as a new Digimon, known as Beowulfmon.