Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ HZ-7000 ❯ Misguided Missles ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ADVENTUREONE
 
On the island of the High-Tech Zoom Military, ships were on patrol, posts were being manned, and many a great things were going on, particularly up in the tallest building, that was a spinning high-rise… slowly rotating.
 
General Daizo was checking the large radar-tracking system, to see if any of the countries were in danger of attack or terrorism. Suddenly… the scanner began beeping. “Ah…!” he then turned to face his assistant, “Lieutenant. Nelson, send out a general alert! This is an emergency.”
 
Lt. Harriman Nelson saluted to him, “Yes, Sir…” and then switched on the radio, alerting all the defense-systems and forces to stand-by. “Sir, what do you make of it…?”
 
Daizo didn't like the looks of what he was scanning. It was a missile heading straight for the United States. “And according to the computer, that missile's carrying a hyper-atomic bomb.” said Daizo.
 
Lt. Nelson almost fainted, “But, Sir… a missile that powerful? It'll blow America right off the face of the planet.”
 
Daizo even checked the satellite-computers; they had intercepted word that America had already tracked the missile but were unable to destruct it. There was no other option, “Lieutenant…” said Daizo, “Check the position of the missile and then instruct our nearest patrol-ships to intercept.”
 
“Yes, Sir…”
 
Daizo and Nelson tracked missile, and then discovered, “Sector-25…”
 
“…That's HZ-7000, Colonel. Davis Motomiya…!”
 
 
Somewhere in the skies over the North-Pacific…
 
The powerful giant copter, HZ-7000 was soaring its way across the world on its patrol. The ship had to be at least the size of a small house, with living quarters, and gala, laboratories, and of course the main cockpit where Colonel. Davis was steering…
 
“Well, Veemon...” Davis said. “Looks like we're on our way home...”
 
In the seat opposite his, Veemon stretched out and yawned, “Ahh…! Thish has been one of the quietest patrols we've ever had.” he said, “Bo-ring…!”
 
Davis sighed. Veemon was always like this when there was nothing to report, even though he continuously explained that when everything was boring, it meant all was well… even if he himself preferred a little action here and there...
 
 
In the laboratory, a young woman, who looked, and sounded just like Kari, but wasn't her, dressed in a white lab-coat was busy at the tables. “Hey, Nami…” Davis called on the radio, “How's our pretty young Doctor of army-medicine?”
 
“I gather by the compliment, Colonel, you want something to eat.” Nami smirked, “I'm preparing a meal now.”
 
 
Davis and Veemon licked their lips. They just loved Nami's home-style cooking. “I wonder what she's got today.” Veemon said, “Blue pillsh… pink onesh… or more delicious capshulesh…?”
 
Davis shrugged. He couldn't wait to get back home to base and have a thick, rare, juicy steak. Still, he had to make their position check. “Calling navigation-bay… Say Professor. Mecha… how are we doing? Are we on schedule?”
 
 
A middle aged man, in another room, checked his calculations. “Eh, well Davis… we're approaching position, Fifteen Zero-Blue… and I'm registering minus forting-G from the horizon.”
 
Then he adjusted his glasses as if he were in shock. “Forting-G from the horizon? Why that can only mean one thing…”
 
“What's that professor…?”
 
Mecha sniggered, “Heh, heh… it's time to eat.”
 
 
Davis sighed in relief, “Whoo… say you gave me a scare. Don't do that again.”
 
Just then, the radio went off again. “Base to 7000 Base to 7000 said Lt Nelson. “Hyper-Atomic missile approaching America... Position: Twenty-Four Zero-Red. Intercept! Repeat; Intercept.”
 
“HZ-7000, orders acknowledged.” Davis responded. Then he alerted the rest of the crew to abandon their routine and “Prepare to engage enemy missile.”
 
Professor Mecha began to trace the missile's position, and Nami took off her coat revealing her uniform underneath as she headed for the cockpit. “Davis… Veemon… Where's the missile heading?”
 
Davis told her, “According to base, it's heading for America. We've got to stop that thing; it's carrying a hyper-atomic warhead.”
 
Nami's eyes nearly burst from her head. “Hyper-Atomic…?” she cried, “That's a million times for powerful than a nuclear-bomb.”
 
Davis nodded, and he determined that their only chance was quickly explode it way up in the upper-atmosphere, as far away from the ground as possible. Nami went straight off to the nav-bay to help the professor at once.
 
“Davis… Veemon…” Mecha said, “Steer to course 184 Zero-Blue.”
 
Davis and Veemon got the message, and then urged everyone to strap in. This was going to be one fast ride. “Get ready to fire the rocket-thrusters Veemon.”
 
“Right…” Veemon said. “Shtandby to fire…NOW!” He hit a red button. The copter-blades stopped spinning as the ship rocketed hard up, and up, and up… Soon, it was dark and the skies were lit up with stars from space.
 
In the nav-bay, the Professor and Nami could see the missile on the screen. “There it is…!” cried Mecha. “Davis… you'll have to fire the interceptors at maximum rang, this way we can get clear of the radiation when it blows.”
 
Davis understood, and told Veemon, “Stand-By, interceptor-one.”
 
“Right…”
 
Nami did the countdown, “Six seconds to go…” she said. “Five. Four. Three. Two. One… Zero and fire!”
 
Veemon clicked the switch, and POW… a large torpedo fired from the ship. Then, as it flew in closer towards the missile… KAPOW! It exploded, much to everyone's surprise. “Hey… did you shee that…?” asked Veemon.
 
Davis nodded. “Hey Professor, what happened? Why did the interceptor explode before it reached the target…?”
 
The professor calculated that, “It was exploded by radio-waves. It must be highly programmed.”
 
Davis figured something like this world happen. Whoever sent that missile was really desperate to destroy America. “Veemon, prepare interceptor two.”
 
“Right Davish. Intersheptor two, armed and ready.”
 
Nami even turned on the radar-jamming systems. This way, whatever was programmed into that missile would fail to operate. “Get ready boys…” she said. “Three. Two. One… Fire!”
 
The torpedo was fired, and this time… it hit the missile, exploding it so large, the whole world was bathed in the flash for a brief moment…
 
 
Back at the base, Lt. Nelson had also seen the flash, which could only lead him to believe, “He's done it, Sir. The missile's gone.”
 
Daizo nodded, and then spoke into the radio. “Well done Davis…! Is everyone alright?”
 
“We're fine General. What now…?”
 
Daizo reported that their computers had traced to where the missile had come from. “It was launched from the country of Ukraine, Sector-25. Looks like it's your baby…”
 
 
“Good luck, Davis.”
 
“Roger…! Setting course for Ukraine to investigate.” Davis answered, “Well… I'm up for some coffee. I think I've earned it.”
 
Veemon sighed, “Oh, Davish…”
 
 
Once the ship had re-entered the atmosphere, the auto-pilot was engaged and they were all on their way.
 
The crew met in the lounge to relax. Veemon really wished they could use the rocket thrusters, but Davis reminded him that they were for space traveling uses only, and not for fast traveling during investigations unless it was an emergency.
 
“What, angers me is the facts that are still terrorists, and slime-balls out there who never learned from the Digital-Wars.” he groaned. “Well, we'll find out who we're dealing with soon enough.”
 
Nami asked how long it would take before they arrived, and the professor calculated “Oh sometime tomorrow morning Nami. I suggest in the meantime we rest all we can. We don't know what's in store for us when we get there.”
 
Then Veemon realized, “Hey…! Where'sh the coffee and shoda's?”
 
“Oops…” Nami peeped, “Sorry, I'm a tooty. I almost forgot.”
 
Davis thought Nami was a sweet woman, and an up-right officer on the military. Still, her uncanny resemblance to Kari made him remember about his old life, and what he used to have…
 
Still… those days were years over. He was thought to be dead now, and had to keep it that way for his own sanity. That and the military needed him for all his loyal years in service.
 
 
The next morning, after the crew was all rested up. They reported to base that they were headed for their destination, deep within the area of Mt. Koshka in Ukraine. However, landing the whole ship there would cause publicity of the army's technology…
 
So, Nami and Davis were going to take one of the mini-pods down. “All set Nami…?”
 
“Ready to go, Colonel.”
 
Davis instructed for Veemon and Mecha to remain in free float at thirty-thousand feet. “Just keep an eye on Nami, Davis.” Mecha warned him, “We don't want to lose our doctor now.”
 
The pod was detached, and Davis and Nami headed for a deserted area near the mountain trails where no one would see them, at least outside. Davis new, just by looking at the mountain, “I'm sure there are some guys living around it somewhere. It's a great place to hideout.”
 
“Do you really think that terrorists would hideout in a mountain like this?” Nami asked.
 
“Well you know how terrorists like to act…” replied Davis. “They like to keep low profiles and attack the world by surprise so as not to be detected. Get out the hover-boards we'll have better observation that way.”
 
The hover-boards he referred to were actually surfboards with hover-motors. Davis and Nami used them to hover along the mountainside to explore it much more effectively and faster to se if they could locate any possible entrance.
 
“Davis look…” cried Nami. “There's a cave…”
 
Davis hovered down towards her, “Good girl, Nami… we better investigate.”
 
As they hovered along the cave, they began to see lights huge on wires all over the place, which could only mean that there really were people living within the mountain. Suddenly, “Look there…” said Davis. “It's a door… I'll bet that's where we'll find who were looking for.”
 
They were about to pull up closer, when suddenly all the ground before them had opened into a giant pit with hungry crocodiles down below. This posed as a bit of a problem as the pit wasn't so deep that the crocs could just leap up and bite at them. “I'm going in…” Davis said.
 
Nami offered to go with Davis, but he told her otherwise. “There's no sense in us both running into danger. I'll go on ahead, and at the first sign of trouble, you get back outside and get back to the ship.”
 
“But Davis…”
 
“Don't argue Nami… that's an order.”
 
Nami had no choice, as Davis was the Colonel. So Davis carefully hovered on his board as high as it could go away from the crocs. The crocs did indeed try to leap up at him, but Davis was just out of reach.
 
Still, it was a very frightening thing to experience, or even to watch as Nami hid her eyes twice. “Ooh…!” but finally Davis made it to the other side, but he fell right into another trap…
 
A giant tube slammed down from the ceiling, trapping him inside, and a small cloud of gas knocked him out cold. “Davis…!” cried Nami… Then it only got worse as many terrorists came out from behind the door…
 
Nami ran for it just like Davis had ordered, but before she could reach the entrance, more men jumped at her by surprise, and pushed her off of her hover-board. Nami let out a mortified scream as she was captured and taken into custody.
 
 
About an hour later, Davis finally awoke in a hidden chamber where the terrorists had all kids of control-consoles, high-tech machinery and stuff like that. The leader of the men was carried out on his throne…
 
“Colonel Davis Motomiya…” he hissed sneakily, “You have awakened from the affects of the knock-out gas.”
 
Davis rubbed his eyes, “Where's Nami?” he demanded to know, “What have you done with her…?”
 
The leader sniggered, and told Davis to observe their monitor, “See for yourself Colonel…” Davis watched in horror as he saw Nami was strapped to the tip of another missile, which the terrorists were planning to use to bombard America again.
 
In other words… they were planning to send the missile with Nami strapped onto it, and kill her in the explosion.
 
“Once we have abolished the American's… we well abolish more major countries, day after day until only third-rated countries left.”
 
Davis gritted his teeth, but there wasn't much he could do, at the moment. He had been stripped of his guns and radios, and had no way of contacting HZ-7000… speaking of which.
 
“And do not think we aren't aware of your friends way up in the sky…”
 
While it was true, the vehicles of the HZ-Army were undetectable, some computer-trackers were able to seek the heat of human bodies, or even a Digimon or two. The men were well aware of Professor Mecha and Veemon… “We have a little surprise for them as well…”
 
He spoke to his men in Ukrainian, and even though Davis didn't understand them, he didn't have to; for he could see that they were planning on launching a heat-seeker missile…
 
“Oh, no… Veemon Mecha…!”
 
The Ukrainian countdown commenced, and the missile fired, straight up through the top of the mountain…
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
Veemon and Mecha were both feeling concerned. Davis and Nami were more than an hour overdue to make contact. Veemon wanted nothing more than to break regulations and go down after them, but he had his orders…
 
Just then, the Professor Mecha was tracking something on the radar. “Veemon…!” he cried, “There's a missile… it's heading straight for us.”
 
Veemon nearly leapt out of his special fitted seat. “What…?” and then he could see the missile coming after them through he view-port. “WHOA…! Dodge…!” and he successfully pulled the ship out of the missile's path, only to have it come at them from behind…
 
“It's a heat-sheeker…” cried Veemon. “It'll jusht keep coming until it hitsh ush.”
 
“Don't give up, Veemon…” said Mecha, “We'll just have to try and shake it off.”
 
Veemon hated it when he had to dodge missiles like that, but Mecha was right. He couldn't let the ship be destroyed… so he continued to dodge the missile with all the skills he had.
 
 
As for the other missile...
 
Nami wouldn't get burned by the rockets, as she was strapped way up at the top, and she was given an oxygen-helmet so she could breathe. Soon the missile was launched, and poor Nami couldn't even scream as her mouth was gagged from within her helmet.
 
“Excellent…” the leader hissed. “In less than thirty-minutes, the missile will strike… and America will be no more.”
 
Then he spoke to his men, in Ukrainian, to keep tracking the missile and controlling it, but Davis wasn't about to let this happen. Luckily, the terrorists didn't realize that Davis' hover-board had a secret compartment in the bottom where Davis kept his spare gun.
 
He sneakily, and unnoticed by all grabbed it, and he reached into his uniform jacket, and pulled out a pair of heavy-duty shades. Then POW… he fired a powerful flash of light from his gun, and all the men who glared at fell out-cold, for it was a coma-ray. Then he set it to firing-mode, and destroyed all the consoles…
 
“God, I love this job…” Davis sniggered.
 
He then bound, and gagged all the terrorists, and made sure to let the Ukraine authorities know of their actions which would put them in jail where they would never do harm again… but he left no note as the HZ-Army was that top secret.
 
Still, Davis had other things to worry about. He dashed back out of the cave, headed for the pod, and rocketed up to the sky…
 
 
The missile was still chasing the ship, and Veemon couldn't shake it off anymore. “It'sh no good Professhor…” he cried. “It jusht won't quit.”
 
Even Mecha didn't know what to do. They couldn't fire the interceptors backwards, and Veemon couldn't Digivolve without Davis. “Oh, dog-gone…!” cried Mecha. “What's happened to Davis…?”
 
Just then, he got his answer, “HZ-7000 from Davis Motomiya.” The radio hissed, “Calling HZ-7000… I'll destroy the missile then link-back up with you.”
 
“Hurry, Davis!” cried Mecha. “The missile's almost on us.”
 
Davis came into visual with the seeker-missile, and used the pod's interceptor to destroy it. Then he linked back up with the main ship, and it was time to peruse the other missile and save Nami.
 
The missile didn't get too far away, and Nami seemed to be alright. “Okay Veemon… you ready…?”
 
“Ready Davish…”
 
Davis got out his D3, and activated the Digivolution… “VEEMON… Digivolve too; EX-VEEMON…!”
 
Davis donned on an oxygen-mask, and gave Ex-Veemon his special mask too. “Okay Professor. We're going to get Nami back.”
 
“Roger, Davis…” said Mecha, “Good luck.”
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon exited the ship, and flew near the missile where they un-strapped Nami and carried her to safety. Once they were far enough… “VEE-LASER…!”
 
Using his powers, Ex-Veemon destroyed the last missile. “Good shooting Ex-Veemon.” Davis said, “Now let's head back.”
 
“Sure thing Davis…”
 
 
By sundown…
 
“Well guys, there's the island.” Davis said, “I'm sure glad we all made it home safely.”
 
“Thanks to you Davis…” Nami said. “I guess I can see now why you were once the greatest Digi-Destined there ever was.”
 
Davis chuckled, “Thanks Nami…” and then he clicked on the radio. “Base-Control, this is HZ-7000 returning to base. Mission complete, over and out.”