Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Friendship ❯ Back and Forth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love and Friendship

Chapter Six: Back and Forth

By KellyQ

Lee looked out at the hostel sky. All its million stars out there. The clouds traveled slowly along. Then he spotted something coming toward him. It was an Owl with a letter in her hand. He extended his hand as she landed on his wrist. Lee gently stroked her as he smiled.

"Here you go." He said taking the letter out of her hand and handing her another one, "take this strait to Takato. You understand?"

The owl ruffled her feathers and flew off. He unrolled the paper and it was indeed Takato's hand writing. Lee knew that type of writing from anywhere:

Dear Lee;

Things are going great here. Master Hirokazu is taking good

care of me and I'm a big help in the kitchen and I fixed your closet.

What about you? Is everything going all right with you? Juri asks me if I gotten a

letter from you asking if Lady Ruki is okay. I don't know what to tell her; so I would appreciate

if you tell me that she is. She's been really depressed. I asked her but all she just said was

that miss's her master. To say the least, I think everyone here miss you ... I do at least

and I cannot wait for you to come home to us.

Your friend Takato-kun

Lee smiled softly at himself. Getting letters from his secret crush made him feel special and important. He heard footsteps coming from behind. He quickly folded the letter stuffing it in his pocket. He turned to see Cathleen asking why he was out here in the cold.

"Oh, I was just ... enjoying the night."

"Well you should come in. You might catch a cold if you stay out here."

"Just give me a moment."

************************************

Takato's face lit up when the Owl came closer. She landed on his wrist fluttering her wings. Takato gently scratched her chest saying thank you. He then took the letter out of her claw as a shadow figure caught his eye. He turned to see that it was Juri clad in a green robe.

"I just sent a letter to Prince Lee asking about Lady Ruki."

"Thanks."

"Any time. But how are you holding up?" He asked.

"I'm doing okay. Just a little tired."

"I know. But it won't be to much longer until she comes home."

"I better get to bed. See you the kitchen?"

"Ten o clock sharp? I'll be there."

The first time in two days, Takato saw her smile as she turned and walked back inside. Don't worry Juri, he thought, Lady Ruki will come back. He unfolded the letter:

Dear Takato;

Things are going okay here; I'm trying very hard for Princess Cathleen not to know

our secret correspondence or she'll flip out and my parents will take you away from me

and I don't want that. When I get back there's something I need to tell that I shouldn't

in paper and tell Master Hirokazu that he's doing a good job of taking care of you.

Your friend Lee-kun

Takato couldn't help but chuckle as fear started to grip his heart, maybe I should stop sending letters to my master ... than that way he's not risking anything for someone as worthless as me. He was taught that in his early childhood, to please his masters and that he was worthless too.

"Takato-kun?"

It was Kenta standing at the door frame to the baloney. He walked past him, past Hirokazu and out the door down the hallway to stop at the door that had knobs that where shaped as a rabbit. He pushed the door open, slowly walked in closing the door behind him. Takato's shaking body collapsed on the bed clutching onto the pillow sobbing.


"Takato-kun?"


The sobbing boy slightly turned his head to see Kenta holding a candle. Takato turned the rest of his body sitting up as his friend came closer setting the candle on the night stand.


"What am I going to do," the boy sobbed throwing his arms around the other boy, "I miss Lee so much!"


"Shhh," Kenta hushed rocking the other boy back and forth, "I know how much Lee means to you."


"H ... how do you know?" Takato panicked pulling away.


"Geez! Calm down! I'm sure that he care's about you too."


"Actually, he's been sending me letters, asking if I'm all right. I usually send him letters telling him what I've been doing and that Master Hirokazu as been taking good care of me."


Kenta smiled when Takato said his master and lovers name. Hirokazu as been trying to his best to keep things in order as the royal family is gone; unaware that things will fall apart for the family.

part seven< /P>