Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Make Me Bad ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Make me bad: chapter one
Author: Trinity
Rating: PG-13 for adult content
Genre: IÕm hoping this is a thriller ^_~

Taichi Kamiya sat up in bed and looked down at himself. Had he fallen asleep in his clothes again? Weird... He got up slowly, tripping over his 3 inch thick history textbook. Startled, he inhaled sharply. He regained his balance and sighed softly. There was no use in even trying to go back to sleep. He crawled over to the couch and flipped the tv on.

ÒAnd now, a news flashÓ The newsreporter said. The woman sitting in front of the camera had faint lines around the corners of her eyes and faint purplish-blue discolorations under her bottom lashes. Her hair, so obviously dyed blonde, was pulled back sloppily into a lopsided ponytail. It looked as if it had been done in an immense hurry. After the channel logo and almost elevator-like music had flashed accross the screen, she looked at the camera with tired eyes and began, ÒGood morning, Summersville, though it is not a good morning in the least. Just this morning, a man was found lying dead in his bed by his daughter. The window appeared to have been opened during the night, but there was no sign of a struggle. The relatives of this man, whose name cannot be released, do not know of anyone who could be somehow linked to this homicide. Judging from the handprints on the neck of the victim, however, may prove that the murderer was female.Ó She gasped for breath, ÒThat concludes this news flash for Monday, September the ninth. IÕll see you back here on channel six news at six.Ó She waited until she thought the camera was off to yawn.

ÒHmmm.... That certainly is interesting...Ó

The voice came from behind Tai. He practically fell from the couch on which he was reclining. Shaking, he turned around, only to find Koushiro leaning up against the backboard of the couch. He rolled his eyes and sighed. ÒJeez, Kou, you almost scared the nuts off of me!Ó He glared at Koushiro.

ÒIÕm very sorry Tai, itÕs just that you had the television turned on so high that it woke me from my rest.Ó Koushiro was TaiÕs roomate and he worked as an intern at the local detective office.

ÒSorry, man, didnÕt mean to wake ya, you can go back to bed.. I was just about to get in the shower.Ó

Kou just ran a hand through his short auburn hair and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He blinked a few times and said, ÒDoÕya mind if I use it first? This case is probably gonna keep me at the office. They probably really need me there and..-Ó His beeper cut him off. ÒShit, thatÕs them. Guess IÓll take that shower this evening.Ó He said as he dashed back into his room to get dressed.

Tai chuckled as he walked towards the bathroom. He grabbed a towel and his clothes on the way. He glanced at himself in the mirror. He had the same dark ÒbagsÓ under his eyes as the reporter had. Funny, he thought, he felt perfectly well rested. He shucked his boxers and hopped in the shower. He jumped once again when the freezing cold water hit his hard body. He hastily turned the knob until the little arrow was all the way at the end of the red line. His muscles relaxed as the water turned warmer, and he let the steam envelop him.
As he was carefully rinsing his thick brown hair, he noticed the water dripping from his locks was colored a deep red. Startled once again, he stared at the white porcelain of the bottom of the shower. He sighed as he realized it was just the remenents of the gatorade poured over his head at the end of last nightÕs game. He let the warm water cascade over his aching back again. He reluctantly shut off the blissfull water, and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. He pulled a comb and some gel through his hair and went through the door to the adjoining bedroom. He pulled on his ÒluckyÓ boxers and thumbed through the clothes in his closet. Finding a pair of really baggy black jeans and a dark green long sleeved t-shirt, he threw them on and headed towards the kitchen.

He sighed as he ate his unfrosted strawberry pop-tart. The phone rang. He ran to pick it up. ÒHello?Ó he questioned the sender.

ÒHey, Tai!Ó an almost too-chipper for it being 6:30 in the morning voice sounded over the telephone.

ÒOh, hey, Kate, whatÕs up?Ó Tai asked.

ÒNot much... So, am I gonna see you anytime today?Ó

Tai scanned his schedule quickly. ÒNope, it doesnÕt look like it, sorry.Ó

Her voice fell, ÒOh... Well, maybe I can catch you at lunch.Ó

ÒSure, IÕll catch ya then, I guess.Ó Tai said.

ÒBye, then.Ó

ÒBye, Kate.Ó He hung up the phone carefully and then headed back to the bathroom. As he was brushing his teeth, he studied his face in the mirror with tired eyes. His skin was almost sallow looking, and his usually full, silky hair looked limp and washed-out. He rubbed some chap-stick along his dry lips. What had happened to him overnight? He really needed to go straight to bed after these games. He ran some more gel through his hair and then reluctantly picked up his bookbag and headed out the door.

As he headed into his first class, World History and Literature, he spotted one of his friends, Reena, sitting over to the far left of the classroom. He headed over to her, smiling at the familiar face.

ÒHey Tai!Ó ReenaÕs voice sounded a little overly-happy too.

ÒMan, whatÕs in their water?Ó Tai thought. ÒHey, Reena. Hey, you havenÕt seen Kaycie at all today, have you?Ó He questioned.

Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth in surprise. ÒYou.. you didnÕt know? DidnÕt you see the news today?Ó Her voice quavered slightly.

ÒI saw the news, but... what does that have to do with her?Ó Tai got a puzzled look on his face.

ReenaÕs eyebrows knitted with sympathy. ÒTai, that was KaycieÕs dad that was killed last night.Ó

Tai got a crushed look in his eyes. ÒOh, my God. I donÕt... I donÕt believe it! SheÕs okay, isnÕt she? Is she in any danger at all?Ó

ÒNo, I donÕt think so... Tai, just go see her after school... DonÕt worry too much.Ó Reena placed a hand on his broad shoulders.

Kaycie had been TaiÕs ÒinvolvementÓ since Freshman year at Summersville University. How would this change their relationship? Oh, God, why did it have to happen to Kaycie? She was such a good, loving person!

The bell rang and Professor Thomas began his long lecture on the ancient civilization of Mesopotamia. ÒMesopotamia was located in the fertile crescent, between the Tigris and Euphretes rivers. Their alphabet and written language was written mainly in pictographs. ....Ó
Tai refrained from taking notes. He was much too lost in his thoughts about Kaycie. He thought about what he could do to maybe make her feel a little better. A poem! Hmmm.... He had never been that great with writing, but he could try...

Kaycie,

As I run my fingers through your
baby-soft and silky auburn hair
chills run up my spine.

When I gaze into your
sage green eyes
my heart is filled with love

As I hold your
thin body in my arms
I think about all the beautiful times we have had together

And the times that will come
I want so much more to come
You are a part of me
No

You ARE me
I canÕt live without you
No

I wonÕt live without you
I will never
Never

Let any harm come your way
I love you
No

You make me complete

Love forever,
Taichi © Ôs you XOXO


After class Tai practically ran over to the pay phones. He dialed her number and waited. After the phone had rang 27 times and no one had picked up, he reluctantly hung up. He slowly began walking to his next class.

ÒHey, Man, whatÕs up?Ó Van, TaiÕs best friend said.

ÒNot much.....Ó Tai said, his face grim.

Van passed a hand through his short black hair. ÒIÕm sorry about Kaycie, itÕs awful what happened...Ó He had his arm around his girlfriend, Sarah. Her face was flushed, and shiny with tears. She was KaycieÕs best friend.

Sarah walked up to Tai and put her arms around him in a hug of sympathy. TaiÕs eyes started to tear. ÒShh, Taichi..... shh... itÕll be okay....Ó She gave a lopsided smile, but tears afresh were streaming down her face as well.

He looked into her deep brown eyes and forced a smile, for her sake. He waved bye as Van put his arm back around her and comfortingly stroked her silky ginger hair.
Van turned and looked at him through worried eyes. ÒCheer up, okay man? NothingÕs gonna happen between you and her. Just be there for her all the way, okay?Ó

ÒSure. Bye Van. Bye Sarah.Ó Tai said, plastering a somewhat happy looking smile on his face.
They waved and left Tai to his thoughts. He walked through the tree-lined green, looking at the ground. He closed his eyes in angst. Suddenly, he ran into something warm. He fell to the ground.

ÒWhoa, look out man! Need some help up?Ó A manÕs voice boomed.
Tai looked up and was startled to see KateÕs dad standing in front of him. ÒOh, IÕm sorry Mr. Midoh....Ó TaiÕs cheeks flushed, accentuating the tear stains.

ÒOh, donÕt worry, Tai! And please, call me Mark. Ò Mark said, extending his hand.

ÒEr... no problem.... Mark.Ó Tai used all of his energy to muster up another fake smile.

ÒSee you later, Tai!Ó MarkÕs happy voice sounded behind him as he walked by.

ÒStrange people...Ó Tai thought. ÒThere MUST be something in their water.Ó He chuckled silently to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tai clambered slowly up the steps to his apartment. He wiggled the key in the lock until he felt the lock pop open and then pushed the door open. He pushed the door shut behind him, and headed towards the kitchen. He pulled the familiar blue bottle of Excederin PM out of the cupboard and popped two in his mouth dry.
He walked towards his bedroom and let himself fall onto the bed. He let all of his muscles relax and then he fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She spotted her next target. There he was, standing over by the bar in a dark grey suit. Ò Hmmm...... Releasing stress, huh? You donÕt know what stress is...Ó She walked slowly over to him and leaned against the bar, nursing her beer.

ÒHey, baby, whatÕs up?Ó She said, her voice sultry.
He got a hesitant look in his eyes, but it lasted only for a second. ÒNot much.Ó He picked up her hand and led her over to a table. They sat down and examined each other, squinting in the dim light. He was tall, handsome... Though he was still nervous and apprehensive, his eyes clearly begged her to take him away from it all. She smiled as she got up and led him through the door.

ÒSo, whatÕs your name?Ó He asked nervously.
She thought briefly before coming up with something. ÒTanya.Ó She smiled seductively.

ÒOh... IÕm Mark.Ó

ÒI already know your name, fool...Ó She smiled devilishly to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AuthorÕs Note: BWA HA HA HA!!! Is it okay? DÕya like it so far?? Huh?? Hmm???? R/R PLEASE!! Constructive Criticism welcomed with OPEN arms :-D

Oh, and the song title ÒMake me badÓ belongs entirely to Korn (with the ÔrÕ backwards, of course!!) I just thought it was appropriate for later happenings ^_~ ::wink wink:: :-D
Toodle-doo!!
~dreams_in_digital~
formerly known as ~Trinity~
(okay, so IÓm still Trinity, but I luv the new..... dreams in digital thing.. donÕt u??) ^_^