Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The worst possible stress ❯ Bugged ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Ken had received the email from Michael in America, and ran it through his picture scanner at work.
 
He paired up Mimi's picture, with the Wedding Picture Davis was in… PERFECT MATCH!!!
 
Ken double checked, and the match was the same. They found him, they actually found him.
 
Everyone felt so relieved to hear Davis was found, that they immediately held a meeting at Izzy's home.
 
“Okay… let's go over what we know.” Said Izzy, “We know for sure that Davis was last seen in New-York.”
 
Tentomon looked at the picture a nearly grossed out, “It must be 80 degrees in New-York… why in the world would he want to wear a trench coat?”
 
“Tentomon, Davis is one of the wealthiest men in the entire world.” Said Tai, “A guy like him doesn't come round a lot.”
 
“It's just one of those things …” said Jun, “Women want him, and men want to be him.”
 
Still, though they had no lead as to where Davis actually lived, it turned out that they weren't as close as they thought.
 
“Maybe I can send an email to Milan.” Said TK.
 
Everyone suddenly winced, and turned their heads to face TK. “TK… what did you just say?” asked Kari.
 
TK told them that this Milan girl could help them find Davis, sure she didn't know where he lived, but she did make up a plan to follow him.
 
“Wait… TK?” asked Cody, “Did this Milan give you her full name?”
 
 
“Yes... I don't have it written down, but it's uh…” he paused. “I have a picture of her right here, but I can't remember her last name.”
 
He held up a picture of Girl who seemed to have Pink on the brain “Her name is… Milan… Brilton? …No. Kilton… No.”
 
“STILTION!!” cried Kari. “Oh No… TK what have you done?!”
 
As Kari and those who knew the scoop told the story of Milan and Davis, soon it became clear that Milan would want to find Davis… FOR HERSELF!!
 
TK dropped his Papers. “No… it can't be! We have to hurry and get to Davis before Milan does!”
 
“And how are we supposed to do that?” asked Yolei, “TK, do remember how big New-York is?”
 
“Yolei's got a point TK.” Added Sora, “All we know is Davis works in New York, but it doesn't mean he actually lives there.”
 
It turned out that this was like trying to find a thread of hair in a haystack, and that was harder than a needle in a haystack.
 
“We can't just take this standing down.” Said Tai, “Can't we ask Mimi and Michael to do some spying for us.”
 
Izzy looked up… “Tai… that just might be the thing!” he said with excitement.
 
“We can get Michael to use hidden Camera's from his photo shop, and we can get him and Mimi to snoop around a bit.”
 
“But Izzy… Davis is smarter than he used to be now.” said Cody. “Besides, Mimi, and Michael can't follow him everywhere.”
 
Izzy Smirked, “Who says their going to follow him?”
 
 
Two days later
 
It was nighttime in America, and Davis had had a rough two days, he went to collect his mail from Noodle-Corp, and found letters that all said the same thing.
 
“I'll see you soon Davis?!”
 
…and the words were written in blood.
 
Davis, really didn't know what to do anymore. As he walked into central park, the moon shined brightly.
 
He was so lost in his own thoughts, that he didn't realize Michael was following him from behind.
 
“Okay Mimi… he's coming right towards you…” he whispered into his cell phone, “…Is everything ready?”
 
Mimi was wearing black so the darkness hid her forum, and was hiding in a tree. “Yes, Everything's ready.” She whispered.
 
Davis found a lonely spot next to the ponds, and sat down on the bench. Unbeknownst to him that Palemon was sitting among the other plants just underneath Davis.
 
She silently reached out and gently put a small black dot on a dark part of his shoe without him realizing it. Then she silently waved her vines behind, giving Mimi the signal.
 
Mimi whispered to Michael it was a success, and he could tell Izzy to start the relaying systems.
 
Back in Japan
 
It was almost noon, and time for lunch, but the gang was invited to stay at Izzy's while they began the relaying.
 
“Here goes…” said Izzy as he threw the switch, and everyone saw Davis in the park, and he looked mighty sad.
 
Back in New-York
 
Davis was looking up at the moon… and he saw her face. Kari… his visions of her and him almost being a couple were still torturing him from the inside.
 
“Why did this have to happen?” he said to himself, “Why was I always left in the dark? Did they even care?”
 
 
(Davis)
 
It's not easy being alone
Having to spend each day
facing troubles on your own
When I think it could be nicer
To have a companion, a Colleague, a Comrade
Or something much more
wonderful like that
It's not easy being alone
It seems you blend in
With so many other
unimportant things
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out
Like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky
But lonesome is the feeling of spring
And
it can be cool and friendly like
And green can be big like an
Mountain
Or important like a
river
Or tall like a tree
When Loneliness is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder, why wonder?
I'm lonely…and it'll do fine
It's cool… and I think it's what I was meant to be
 
 
As the song bitterly came to an end Davis got up and walked out of the park with his shoulders slumped forward.
 
Back in Japan…
 
Yolei Dabbed her eyes, “Oh my gosh…” she sobbed, “…That is so emotional!”
 
All of them felt really awful. They had seen people upset before, but this was nuts. Davis did look as every bit alone like he just sang.
 
Kari easily felt the most upset. “If I had only told him that I wanted be with TK instead of letting him out… None of this would have happened!!”
 
Tai cupped her chin and tilted her head upward, “Would it really have made that much a difference?” he asked.
 
Kari realized it wouldn't have. Davis should have probably left in any case. Being so close to someone you love and not being able to have them was just too unbearable!
 
Suddenly, they all heard a strange rumbling sound, the turned back to the screen and saw that Davis was in a chopper… then the screen faded out.
 
“It's the currency from the chopper, it's disrupting the camera's frequency!” said Izzy.
 
“Well… at least we know for sure Davis doesn't live in New-York.” Said Ken. So he crossed it off the map.
 
“Then, where does he live?” asked Matt. “Sure we know it's somewhere in America, but exactly where?”
 
“Izzy…” said Michael over the phone, “The camera also has a radar bug on it. Switch frequencies.”
Izzy did so, and there was a little flashing dot moving slowly but surely over New-York.
 
“When it touches down… switch it back to visual!” said Michael.
 
“Right… in the mean time, let's get some lunch.” Added Izzy. “It's should be too long now… we'll find him.”