Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sayonara Dake Ga Shitteta ❯ Sayonara Dake Ga Shitteta ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sayonara Dake Ga Shitteta

A dedication to the recently deceased `The Official Fanfiction University of Digimon'

~*~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon, any of its characters, the idea of OFUD or that of its predecessor OFUME. This is dedicated to Frozen Phoenix who gave us all a place to play and learn... I'm going to miss it.

~*~

Frozen Phoenix is also letting me include a message from her in here since she can't post right now.

"The Official Fanfiction University of Digimon wasn't easy to write, but I couldn't have done it without all of you. To everyone who contributed and encouraged me these last months, I humbly thank you."

~Frozen Phoenix~

~*~*~

Shock.

More specifically, shell-shock.

That was the only way that you could describe Riah-chan as she lay on her back squeezing her V-Mon pillow in her futon after having been hastily evacuated from the Official Fanfiction University of Digimon. No one really knew what had happened, only that all of the students and faculty had suddenly been rushed to the Trailmon in the middle of the night.

Rumors about the reason were flying though. In the train compartments on the way back, guesses anywhere from a sudden attack by ZeedMilleniumon to a muse rebellion led by a cross-dressing Wargreymon to overflowing toilets spread like wildfire.

Riah-chan didn't comment on any of them. After searching the train for Authors that she knew, she'd spent the entire ride back staring blankly out the window. Somehow, in all of the confusion of leaving, she'd lost track of everyone she'd become acquainted with during her stay. Blaze, CanadianDigiGirl, Taichi Princess, Frozen Phoenix, DC and his funnily annoying partner, Epsilon, Traveler... everyone was gone. Well... at least they hadn't been on her train when she looked.

Ignoring the sudden dampness that had appeared somewhere near her eyes, Riah-chan dug through her backpack almost absentmindedly. Now, there was a reason that her bag was so heavy... that was because it had nearly everything you could ever need in it (her motto, "Be Prepared... because you never know when there will be an earthquake and the roof will fall in on you.") and what Riah-chan needed right now was her picture book.

Finally locating the half-filled album, the Authoress in question began idly flipping through it. She snorted in half-hearted humor remembering how annoyed some of the other Author's had been at her frequency of taking pictures. But she had so many important memories there...

The ghosts of Osamu, Wizardmon, and Leomon when they had first come to visit her the month before school had started... they had been so shocked when she insisted that she get their picture...

A couple of shots on the Locomon to the school... where she sat proofreading her latest story, hoping that it would be acceptable to the faculty.

The dorm bathrooms from when she first got there (the only time she ever saw them clean... and now that she thought about it, the later images of them could do with forgetting...)

The opening orientation... she'd been one of the few females not to rush the stage when Ryo came out and had some painful looking pictures of him being mobbed... then Ruki calling out the Numemon...

Then later that day, there was the aftermath of the Couples War in the Cafeteria... clean up had taken forever but the pictures of everyone covered in food brought a smile to Riah-chan's face.

Then classes... she'd managed to get Koushiro to take a picture with her after the first day of class. Then there was the blackmail-quality one she had from after Piemon's make-up disaster. She was glad Phoenix had been distracted when she'd taken it otherwise she might have suffered later when Phoenix came close to loosing it...

Not that her make-up had been any better... Riah-chan blushed as she came across the picture of herself and Daisuke in the hall. She'd gotten it taken after he'd fallen on her and after everyone had calmed down from the image of the Spice Tamers...

`Now I'll never get to take his class,' she thought with a sigh, closing the book and hugging it to her chest.

It was hard to believe that she and the others had survived the Forbidden Muse House with it's Barney-obsessed, love-scorned ADR-1, flesh eating Culumon, WarBritneySpearsmon, weird transformations, and a card duel with the Duel Master himself only to be suddenly sent home for unknown reasons.

`I wish I'd kept a better journal,' Riah-chan thought, laying back down on her futon and continuing not to notice the dampness on her face that was nowhere near her eyes.

~*~*~*~

Wanting to see you but not being able to,

Ending like that is kind of sad

Because being able to finally

See you and the kindness

That I received from you which is still in my heart

And I'll give it to anyone.

That's the important thing that "Goodbye" brought to me.

-`Sayonara dake ga Shitteta'

~*~*~*~

Author's Notes: Wednesday, October 09, 2002- This is a sad day... today, OFUD got pulled from ff.net and I am very sad. It was a fun and great story and I was looking forward to its progression. This was the only way that I could think of to express my sadness... through my Author Avatar. I was one of the lucky author's who got to have a little representation of themselves take part in the fun. We laughed, we screamed, we nearly got turned into our muses (I'm lucky mine was Chiriko... he's not scary)... May the U live on in our hearts.

Riah-chan

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ruki_and_Ryo/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Junzumi/

"I'll never forget looking out of the same window, the cherry trees, the sound of cicadas, they were always nearby.

We laughed and we cried, and I won't forget any of the time we spent together, so don't worry, friend."

-'Friend~Istumademo Wasurenai~'