Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Should Life be Cruel, or Good? ❯ Kari's Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
36-year old Kari Kamiya was driving home. Unlike students, teachers have to stay after school and get some more work done, and not go home until seven.
 
Kari however; just like Davis, she was also looking pretty sad about something, and she couldn't do much about it, she had a son to take care of.
 
Kari lived with her 4-year old son Koji in a very nice house, in a very nice neighborhood, but her neighbors were not really very nice to her at all.
 
Kari's neighbors would often tease her saying things like; “Hey there's that single sighted mom again”, or “Hey miss pink, why don't you add some blue”.
 
Kari couldn't blame them; she had put herself in a very discomforting position in her life.
She walked up the steps, and into the house.
 
She knew that her son had gone to bed, and that the babysitter had gone home. So Kari went to the kitchen a made herself some dinner.
 
After a while she had put on her pink nightgown, and crawled into her twin sized bed, but not feeling very sleepy.
 
“What have I created?” she said to no one unparticular.
 
* * *
 
FLASHBACK…
 
Kari had always wanted to be a preschool teacher. The problem was, the job required her to study abroad in France.
 
It was while she was away that her parents had died in a car crash. Also, Tai her brother had gotten married, became a diplomat, and moved on, and her friends were never seen or heard from either.
 
Even TK moved on with his life. He and Kari hadn't even dated for year, back in high school. TK told Kari, that he was very busy with his own life, to spend too much time her like he used to.
 
So pissed that she wanted to break up the relationship, but no matter how hard she tried to tell him, TK just wouldn't listen.
 
As the years went by, TK still believed that he and Kari were still together. Kari had decided to do something about this.
 
She adopted her son Koji, and just pretended to have gotten married, and everybody fell for the trick the last time they had all met up.
 
TK had also finally given up on Kari, so he decide to just leave her be.
 
Kari was in another sticky spot! The fact that she had an adopted son, this prevented her from attracting any men, for they too had assumed Kari of being a married woman, and had no interest in her..
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
 
* * *
 
Kari was going through exactly what Davis was going through now. She achieved her career goal, but her life was falling apart.
 
Un-loved, and un-wanted, and just like Davis, Kari was unhappy.
 
Her parents were dead, her brother was gone, she had a son that was not rightfully hers, no husband, No boyfriend, and no friends to talk to.
 
Feeling overwhelmed by all this, Kari decided to watch TV in an attempt to clear her mind, she flicked on the TV.
 
The late night news was showing a reporter standing outside a building that had just been completed.
 
* * *
 
“Well folks this is indeed a proud day for the people of Obadiah. For the President of this fine Noodle packing plant is none other than that world famous Noodle maker and Multi-Billionaire Daisuke Motomiya.
 
* * *
 
Kari jumped up from her bed at the sound of that name, “DAVIS?”…
 
* * *
 
One year ago, Daisuke Motomiya had opened his world famous Noodle Cart, selling delicious products throughout the world, and today he shall be appointed as the head of the most famous Noodle business in the world.
 
* * *
 
Kari couldn't believe what she was hearing. `I knew that Davis became a Noodle Cart man, but this is amazing'. She thought to herself.
 
 
The TV then showed Davis himself coming out of his limo. Kari's heart almost skipped a beat; she hadn't seen Davis for a whole year. He never bothered to write or call her.
 
The reporters all tried to ask Davis numerous questions, but to their surprise he just turned the camera off.
 
Kari turned off the TV and walked back to her bed. She noticed that Davis wasn't looking very happy on the TV, but she couldn't tell why.
 
Seeing his face again made her resume her sad formation on being lonely. What was she to do?
 
Kari knew that Davis was still must have had feelings for her, after all he did try to impress her back the old days. She thought that, if Davis still cared for her, then maybe she could give him a try in a new relationship.
 
The problem was, Davis' son Musuko was in the class she teaches at the Preschool. Kari wondered if that meant Davis was married.
 
She asked Musuko to give numerous letters to his father for her, telling him she missed him, and needed to see him again,
 
But after seeing his mood on the TV, Kari could tell, that Davis had been refusing her letters.
 
Kari felt really upset on the inside that she took out an old photo album. Inside were pictures of the Former Digi destined with their children the last time they all met.
 
The two pictures that Kari stared at the most, was the one of herself with Koji, and the one with Davis and Musuko. She put the two pictures together, and they both looked like a family photo.
 
She held the photos over her aching heart and softly began to cry. Her tears had landed right on the pictures, as if she was looking at them one last time.
 
Kari cried, and cried, and finally cried herself to sleep; she too was a single parent alone in the world.
 
 
Later on that night…
 
Kari and Davis, even though they were not really so far away, began to hear music in playing in their heads while they slept.
 
Both of them, not knowing that they both were…Began singing words to the song in their minds.
 
* * *
 
[Davis]
-A life of my own.
 
[Kari]
-A place I can be.
 
[Davis]
-All by myself in this cruel world,
-I'm here all alone
[Kari]
-It's my own property.
 
[Davis]
-But how can this being alone not be heard.
 
-I've now got away from all of the mess,
and no one can hear me snoring.
But being alone is not what I like best.
Being alone is getting boring.
 
[Kari]
 
-Will I be happy, will I be glad?
Or will I Miss Davis and Tai?
I'm not sure I like it, I'm feeling quite sad
Yes… Now I think I may cry.
 
[Davis]
Can I go to sleep in my king sized bed,
All by myself, it feels like a dread.
Jun is not fidgeting, making me frown
I Miss Kari humming, as she settles down.
 
-Loneliness…Is all I can see
I never guessed how lonely life could be.
I like this less…
How I long to be free
Cuz all I see is Loneliness.
 
 
[Both] (Not knowing it): …
 
Yes, Loneliness…
Is all I can see?
I never guessed how lonely life could be.
I like this less…
How I long to be free
Now all I see is Loneliness
Now all I see is…Loneliness…
* * *
 
Kari and Davis continued to sleep, hopefully they would be feeling better in the morning.