Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Sharp Ride ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FOUR
 
A warm Thursday afternoon, and just one school day left before the weekend. Davis noticed a lot of people were reading newspapers or going about talking about the further sightings of Masked Rider. “He's awesome.”
 
“He's incredible.”
 
A few of the girls even thought aloud, “He's dreamy.”
 
Still. Others wondered who Masked Rider was, and was he really a friend or foe. Davis and Veemon kept their mouths shut, and if anyone asked about it, they would maneuver the conversation off the subject.
 
However, his friends seemed to be the most interesting in this mystery. They all met at a Café, a place where they all liked to catch up after school. Yolei even brought all the newspaper clippings she had taken from the articles.
 
“You know the best thing I found out about this guy…” Yolei said, “Apparently, he's got a Veemon.”
 
Davis acted as if he didn't know, “Get real…? He has a Veemon…? I thought I was the only one.”
 
“We did too…” TK said, “But it says that this Veemon has the power to take on the shapes and forums of vehicles, rather than Digivolve into something stronger.”
 
Kari was impressed by some of the pictures taken of Masked Rider on Chopper-Veemon. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like to one day own her own bike, or car, or something like that. “So why don't you try to get one?” asked Cody.
 
Kari shook her head, “Cody, have you ever seen the prices on even the cheapest cars? I'd have to save up until I finished college. Besides, I never passed the driver's test, and I tried three times already.”
 
The others all assured Kari that she would eventually pull through, but in the meantime, “How's the Digital-World?” asked Ken. “Has Gennai discovered what's going on with it yet?”
 
Davis received an email from Gennai to pass it on to the others, “He says he's still working on it…” Davis read. “And he says the Digital-Gates will remain closed until further notice.”
 
The others sighed, “Why won't Gennai let us help him?” TK wondered, “We've faced dangerous entities and bad guys before.”
 
“I don't know about that, TK.” Cody said, “Maybe Gennai thinks that this new threat is too dangerous for even us to handle.”
 
Davis had a feeling he knew the reason was because of Count Dregon, but to keep his Masked Rider identity secret, he couldn't let one what he knew. He got up and grabbed his things, “Davis, where're you going?” Kari asked.
 
“I gotta' head home.” He answered, “If I don't get my homework done, I'll get detention again.” Then he was gone, leaving the others feeling confused. “Davis Motomiya caring about Homework?” asked Cody.
 
Davis was usually a, “The only thing cool about school is when it's closed” kind of guy. Yet he was acting in a huge hurry. Kari began to wonder if Davis was hiding something. Typical Kari, she always seemed to know if someone was telling a lie, even if it was a white one.
 
Still, at least she wasn't good at guessing the truth.
 
 
When Davis got home, he headed straight for his room, but stopped along the way to gaze into Jun's room. “What the--?” he exclaimed. All around her desk, above her bed, and along the walls there were news-paper clippings and drawings she made of the Masked Rider.
 
“Oh, no…! Don't tell me?” he groaned quietly, but he already got his answer when he noticed some of the pictures had hearts around them. Davis shuddered and felt sick to his stomach. His own sister, a flaky, ditzy nightmare, crushing on him? It was enough to rocket you to The Moon.
 
Just then, Jun grabbed him from behind and gave him a small shove. “Hey, squirt! Get out of my room!” she grouch at him.
 
“I wasn't even in your room, the door was open.” Davis protested. His response was Jun angry slammed the door right in his face. “MMM! Man, who invented sisters!” he grumbled while holding his nose.
 
 
Count Dregon had devised up a plan that was sure to defeat Davis and bring him the Masked Rider powers. Double-Face was impressed, “An insectotron with blades in place of hands is a most excellent idea, Sire.” He complimented.
 
Gork agreed with glee, “Blades on his hands, and sharp as his brain…
This monster shall bring the Masked Rider great pain.”
 
“Be quiet, you silly space-mollusk!” snapped Double-Face.
 
“Silcene! Both of you!” growled Dregon. “This plan will grantee me the Masked Rider power by the end of the day.”
 
Cyclopter growled with interest. “Masked Rider can never hope to do combat with a creature that can pierce him at the hand.”
 
“Database indicates assurance of victory is one-hundred percent.” chirped Fact.
 
Dregon placed the capsule onto the transporter. “Now go, Snitron. Destroy Davis Motomiya, and bring me his powers!”
 
…And the monster was on his way!
 
 
Already the people of the city were terrified out of their lives at the sight of the horrid creature. “Yes, run little Earthlings! Or feel the wrath of my TWIN SICKLES!”
 
He launched a set of crescent-beams from the sickles on his arms causing massive explosions, and knocking a few people off their feet. “Gah, ha, ah, ah, ah…! Feel the power of Count Dregon's Snitron!”
 
Snitron continued to cause more trouble throughout the city, hoping to draw Masked Rider out.
 
“Hold it right there!” shouted a voice from behind. Snitron turned round, but did not see Masked Rider, but the other five Digi-Destined, and their Digimon.
 
“…Shakkoumon.”
 
“…Silphymon!”
 
“…And Stingmon!”
 
“What's this? You are not the Masked Rider.” snarled Snitron.
 
“No, but we're still your worst nightmare.” TK growled. “Just what kind of Digimon are you?”
 
The others tried to scan him with their analyzers, but the data was not registered. “Digimon?” asked Snitron, “I… am an Insectotron. I serve only my master, Count Dregon”
 
“Insectotron?” asked Yolei.
 
“Count Dregon...?” added Ken.
 
Not one of them knew what they were talking about, but realized they couldn't just stand there and let this creature destroy everything. “Let's teach him a lesson he won't soon forget.” Silphymon suggested.
 
“I'm up for that.” agreed Shakkoumon.
 
“So am I…” added Stingmon.
 
The battle was ready to begin, and Kari sent Davis a quick email.
 
 
Davis was simply lying on his bed, sleeping peacefully, and he was dreaming about… you guessed it--
 
 
He, in his Masked-Rider suit, taking Kari for a ride on Chopper-Veemon through outer-space. “You're so pretty Kari.” He would say to her, “You're prettier than the stars themselves.”
 
Kari would then fall into his arms, “Oh, Masked Rider… I think I'm falling for you.” She spoke softly. Then she leaned forward to kiss him, even though his mask was still on.
 
 
That was usually when Davis always woke up, this time he was awakened by Veemon shaking him and shouting, “Davish! Davish, wake up!”
 
Davis finally shook himself awake, and heard both his D3 and D-Terminal beeping. Davis read the email from Kari which told him about the monster. “Looks like we're off, Veemon.”
 
Veemon was raring to go. “I was hoping for shome acshion.”
 
Since No one could see him in his room, Davis figured it best to transform from there. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
MASKED RIDER!
 
Once Davis was transformed, he and Veemon teleported to an old vacant lot where Veemon could mode change.
 
“Veemon… “Veemon… Rev-Change to;”
 
“CHOPPER-VEEMON!”
 
Then they were off.
 
 
Back at the danger-zone, all the Digimon were looking badly beaten. All three of them working together wasn't enough to stop Snitron. “ULTIMATE TWIN SICKLES!” he shouted, and fired more crescent-beams which collided with the weakened Digimon causing them to change back into their separate, and rookie forums, except for Gatomon of course.
 
“This is impossible…!” cried TK. “How did he beat us so easily?”
 
“I don't know…” cried Cody, “But he must have a lot of power.”
 
Snitron placed towards the fallen, injured Digimon. “Oh, you haven't seen anything yet.” He hissed as he stopped over the bodies of the creatures, and his sickles began to glow green. “He's going to cut them up!” cried Yolei.
 
The poor Digimon were defenseless to get out of the way. Snitron licked his ugly lips, “Who wants to go first?” he sneered, then he was suddenly attacked from behind by lasers, “WHAA-- huh?”
 
It was Masked Rider, and Chopper-Veemon. “You do!” snapped Rider. He and Chopper-Veemon revved forward at full speed.
 
IT'S MASKED RIDER! the others all exclaimed.
 
“Ah, finally! I was waiting for you to show up.” chuckled Snitron. “Now I can cut you in half, and then again.”
 
Rider hopped off his bike. “H-UGH! We shall see!” he thundered, and then charged into battle. “Careful Da-- Er… I mean, boss.” Chopper-Veemon almost blew the cover.
 
Davis charged into battle, but just as Snitron predicted, his sickle-blades gave him a serious advantage. Davis didn't managed to land a single punch or kick, but Snitron slashed and cut at Davis hard. Sparks went flying as Davis took a few spills. “Whoa! ARGH…!”
 
The other Digi-Destined were growing frightened.
 
“He's losing!” cried Cody.
 
“He can't get close enough with those blades in his way.” added TK.
 
Kari didn't say a thing, but she really wished that Davis and Veemon were there to help them, or even witness this at least. “Where are they?” she wondered.
 
Chopper-Veemon decided to drive in and help his partner. “Hang on, boss… I'm coming.” he shouted. “HEAD-LASER!” his beams fired.
 
“Oh, no you don't…!” growled Snitron as he shielded his body with his sickles, and actually repelled the blasts right back. “Uh-oh! YARGH!”
 
“Oh, no! Chopper-Veemon!” cried Davis. “WHOA…!” but suddenly he got struck by Snitron's, “SLAMMING ATTACK!” much like being tackled in Football. Both Davis and Chopper-Veemon looked as if they had finally met their match.
 
“Why do you continue this foolishness?” Snitron asked, “Why not give up now, and surrender your powers to Dregon so that the agony will cease?”
 
Davis struggled to his feet, “Never!” he bellowed, “As long as I have courage and strength, nothing you say or do will ever make me give in.”
 
The other Digi-Destined began to sense some powerful, yet somewhat familiar words to how Masked Rider was saying.
 
“Hmm…! Well… that was an interesting monologue, but playtime is over!” sneered Snitron, and he began to charge straight at Davis, but he stood his ground and motioned over to Veemon.
 
“What say? Should we find out what it is…?”
 
Chopper-Veemon got onto his wheels, “Let's do this.”
 
Davis nodded, then clicked his D3, activating the Red-orb, causing Chopper-Veemon to mode change once more into a brand new vehicle…
 
“Chopper-Veemon, Rev-Change too…!”
 
He transformed himself into a small, shiny red car, known to all as, “MAGNO-VEEMON!”
 
“Whoa! Talk about cool!” cried Davis.
 
The others were amazed too, “Now that is one rod-rod.” cried Yolei.
 
“But, what exactly is it?” Ken wondered.
 
The Masked Rider's analyzer was able to explain…
 
“MAGNO-VEEMON”
 
He's a Red car shaped vehicle. Though much slower, and heavier than Chopper-Veemon, it contains many more functions, provides great protection, and can really sneak up on enemies from underneath with his, TUNNEL DIG!”
 
 
Snitron was not impressed. “So you have a new ride, do you? Well, let's see how it takes to my SLAMMING ATTACK!” HE dashed towards Magno-Veemon, who drove out of the way towards Davis. “Missed me.”
 
“GRR…!”
 
Davis hopped in, “All right, let's see what things you can do.” he said, “I always wanted to drive a car.”
 
He put the pedal to the medal and Magno-Veemon dashed forward. “So… you like to joust eh?” snarled Snitron, “Well taste my, GREEN SICKLE CUT!” He slashed his blades horizontally right at Magno-Veemon, but it didn't do much damage.
 
“What?!”
 
“Oh, he who scratches the paintwork must pay!” hissed Magno-Veemon. “Ready, Boss…?”
 
“I'm with ya all the way.”
 
A set of deep drilling teeth flipped out from the from of the car, “TUNNEL-DIG…!” Then they disappeared below ground. “Huh? Where'd they go?”
 
Davis and Magno-Veemon suddenly had an idea, “If this works… we might just be able to beat him.” Davis explained. “Get ready.”
 
“Davis… I was born ready.”
 
 
Snitron was slashing the ground angrily searching for the fighters. “Come out, come out wherever you are.”
 
Suddenly the ground began to rumble, and POW! Magno-Veemon burst out through the pavement and crashed into Snitron from behind. “BLARGH…!” The monsters fell over like a tree, which proved Davis' point.
 
“Those blades may give you an advantage upfront, but you can't shield yourself from behind.” He leapt out of his car, and pulled out his “ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
“A-YAH…!”
 
“Huh?” Snitron peered round just in time--
 
“…FIRE!”
 
…To catch the blast! POW! “UHN-WHOAAA…!” He EXPLODED, and was gone!
 
The Digi-Destined gasped with their mouths hanging wide open, but suddenly erupted into cheers. “YEAH---!”
 
Davis stood tall and proud, clutching his sword tightly. “No one defeats Masked Rider!”
 
 
Dregon had seen the entire battle on his monitors, and clenched his fist angrily. “Whose idea was it to send that useless monster to Earth?” he demanded to know. “Well? Whose idea was it?”
 
Double-Face hated to say it, “Begging your pardon, Highness, but I believe it was your idea.”
 
Dregon didn't care about that now, “Fact! You predicted me victory! You betrayed me!”
 
Fact shook her whole body, “Negative! Prediction of victory was accurate. Whose victory was not calculated.”
 
Dregon's anger only increased, but he promised, “Next time, Masked Rider-- Next time you won't escape me!”
 
 
Davis, used some of his leftover energies to heal the fallen Digimon a little. He passed Gatomon over to Kari, “There, your friends will be all right. They just need to rest.”
 
All the Digi-Destined cradled their friends in their arms, but they couldn't thank Masked Rider enough. As he turned to leave, Kari halted him, “Wait…!” she cried, and she gazed deeply at his helmet. “Who are you?”
 
Davis shook his head, “That's not important. What is important is that you're all safe for another day, and whenever you need me, Masked Rider shall never be far. Farewell!” then he drove away in Magno-Veemon.
 
“That guys sure is strange…” said TK.
 
Kari just stood there, and waited until the car was out of sight, “But he's incredible!” she muttered under her breath.
 
Deep down, she knew Masked Rider could hear her words. “I hear you, Kari.” Davis thought as he drove along, “I promise, I won't ever let you or anyone else down.”
 
 
Will the Digi-Destined ever figure out what's happening to the Digital World…?
 
Will Davis get a ticket for driving with no license…?
 
Will Veemon get that new paintjob that was ruined…?
 
And will Dregon ever not cast the blame on his minions for his own mistakes…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!