Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Gennai is down! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
Somewhere in the Digital world…
 
Ever since the defeat of Maylo-Myotismon, Young Gennai had been establishing himself in a secret palace beneath the waves of the ocean-sector. From this palace, Gennai was able to keep a watchful eye on the Digital world to make sure that nothing else went wrong.
 
He was also able to maintain contact with Azulongmon, outside of the Digital vortex, whenever he needed to seek advice.
 
Only those who held a Digivice would be able to gain free access to this fortress of Gennai's… which was the very thing that was about to be his undoing.
 
The Paladin of Darkness POOFED his way in, using his own Dark transporter. He was now in the main foyer, and slowly making his way towards the next room, where Gennai was.
 
The Scubamon were relaying instructions to him using their dark telepathy. “You know what to do?”
 
“Your wish is my command, my people.” Paladin said in his monotone-voice. “I will not let you down.”
 
 
In the net room, Young-Gennai was trying to perfect his latest experiment; to explore the outer reaches, beyond the Digital vortex. “If my theory is correct, Azulongmon, I just may be able to gain access to new universes and the dimensions they hold.”
 
Azulongmon, on a computer screen, smiled. “I could not be more impressed with your progress my friend.” he said, “For now, I shall leave you to your computations, but whenever you wish to communicate, you know I am not far.”
 
The screen blanked out, and Gennai went back to work… unaware that someone was slowly creeping up from behind him.
 
Finally, Gennai crossed his fingers, and calmly activated the systems. The Computers began bleeping and buzzing as the combined energies from the Digital-portals reacted to the light…. opening up a wormhole… in the very air itself.
 
Gennai stood there, starring at the gateway to another dimension. “It's more beautiful than I ever imagined.” he muttered softly to himself. However, he did not dare to enter it yet as his tests were still not complete.
 
If he was to jump into the portal without knowing what it could do, or where it would take him, nine chances out of ten he would get trapped inside and never be able to return.
 
Suddenly, he had a sickening feeling that he was not alone. He whipped around just in time to see a dark stranger yell “Lights out, Digi-Fool!” and gave him a huge shove into the portal.
 
The stranger then used the computers to shut the portal, and Gennai appeared on the computer screen, floating around in a vortex of nothingness. “Who are you?” he called to the stranger. “And how is possible you are here? Only those who posses a Digivice are able to enter my secret fortress undetected.”
 
The Paladin showed him his Evil-D3. Yes! I have a Digivice, and the power!” he snapped. “And there's nothing you can do to stop me.”
 
Gennai could see right through this stranger instantly, and he realized now what was going on. “So… the Dark Ocean has finally chosen someone to do their evil bidding.”
 
The Paladin nodded. “Right, Gennai. I am the Paladin of Darkness, loyal servant, and Master Warrior to those of the Dark Ocean.”
 
“Davis, the Scubamon have you under an evil spell.” said Gennai. “Release me at once, and I will help you.”
 
The Paladin just whipped out his claw-`n chain. “Worry about saving yourself, human! You will remain trapped in that vortex FOREVER!!”
 
Gennai watched in horror, as he began to smash up all the computers and systems. “No! Stop this at once!” he shouted, but he was starting to lose voice contact, and his computer screen was beginning to blur.
 
“Must… contact… the Digi Dest--” It was too late. His screen was completely blurred out, and he had no way of contacting the others, Azulongmon, or anyone.
 
The Paladin sheathed his weapon back onto his belt. “Mmm, hmm, mm, mm, mm ah, ah, ah! It is done my people.” he said wickedly. “Gennai has been eliminated, and the Digi destined are next. Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
The Scubamon were very please with this great accomplishment. “Well done, Paladin. Now return at once, we have yet another thing to present to you.”
 
The Paladin nodded, and took one last look at the blurry screen. “So long, Gennai. My work here is done.” and he vanished in a puff of evil, black smoke, and was gone.
 
Back in the Dark Ocean
 
The Paladin had retuned, and was congratulated in getting rid of Gennai. Now it was time for him to receive a little something extra. “Show him!” the ring leader demanded.
 
The Paladin looked on through the dark fog, and then, his new partner walked up to him in his new form. “How do I look, my friend?” he asked. “Shall I be of good use to you?”
 
Paladin nodded. “It is perfect.” he sniggered. “We shall invade the Digital world at once, and slowly conquer it as each day passes by.
 
The ring leader of the Scubamon nodded. “Go with honor, our warriors, and return with victory.”
 
The next day
 
School was out… and the Digi destined we're all meeting in TK's apartment. Even Cody and Upamon were there
 
Kari couldn't find Davis anywhere. She asked Yolei, and Ken if they saw him, but sadly they only saw him during school hours, but never saw him anywhere else since the last home-time bell.
 
“He sure was acting kind of weird though.” Yolei said, “And don't mean the normal weirdness he does.”
 
“You don't think he's sick or something, is he?” TK asked.
 
“Oh, I'm sure its nothing that serious.” Patamon suggested. “He's probably just having a very busy day or something.”
 
Everyone else raised an eyebrow. Davis Motomiya, be that busy? It was doubtful, yet possible. Just then Cody received an email. “Hey, it's from Izzy.” he said.
 
“What's it say?” asked Upamon.
 
Everyone saw that it read: “Red-Alert, you guys. I was monitoring the Digital world when I picked up this strange evil force coming from Gennai's palace. Tentomon and I will meet you all there.”
 
Izzy.
 
“How can this be?” TK said. “I thought we got rid of all the evil when we beat Maylo-Myotismon.”
 
“Never underestimate the dark forces, TK.” Ken said sounding all low and in despair. “They work in mysterious ways we can't hope to understand. Believe me, I know this all too well.”
 
Everyone still knew how badly Ken felt over his dark past. “Don't worry about it ken.” said Leafmon. “We've all learned to forgive you.”
 
Everyone nodded. “You were the Digimon Kaiser, Ken… but like Davis always said to us, you were just confused and being blinded by an evil that wasn't your fault.” said Kari.
 
“It took some time for you to realize your errors, and then even I forgave you.” added Cody.
 
Yolei put a comforting arm on her boyfriend's shoulder. “Ken… You've changed a lot since we all first met you.” she said.
 
Ken finally had the nerve to try and stand up to the darkness that haunted him everyday, and through Davis' attitude of overlooking the wrongs, he accepted Ken into he Digi destined, and in time the others did as well.
 
Ken helped everyone so much in so many ways after doing so many wrong things, and in the end, while it was true that it was everyone's energies that did the trick, it was thanks to him, to Davis, and to Imperieldramon that the final blow was delivered and Maylo-Myotismon was vanquished forever!
 
Ken looked up, and he smiled softly. “Thanks, you guys. I really needed that.” he said tenderly. Yolei pecked his cheek. After that, they were all ready to go…
 
“Just a minute.” Kari said. “I'll send Davis an email and tell him to meet us there.”
 
Once the email was sent, they were off… but little did they know this was the first step towards the biggest and most powerful of challenges they would ever face.