Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Paladin Unmasked. ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whew… this battle sure is escalating, eh?
 
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
 
Red-Ex-Veemon and Shadow-Ophanimon roared in anger, only now the tables had turned against them. Now they were all tuckered out, while their opponents were fresh.
 
Their fists, and feet, even Shadow-Ohpanimon's Staff, all collided into one another like swords clashing, and whatever the evil Digimon tried to throw at the others it didn't help.
 
“TERRA FORCE!!
 
“METAL WOLF CLAW!!”
 
Sparks and explosions bombarded the two evil doers, and threw them off their feet hard really doing some bad damage.
 
ZAP!! Right in the face.
 
BOOT!! Right in the gut.
 
KAPOW!! More special attacks causing even more damage.
 
“All right… we've got them on the ropes.” Tai cheered.
 
“Don't celebrate yet, Tai.” Matt said. “We're still losing power.”
 
Matt was right, the others only had just enough to use Digital-portals a few times, while Matt and Tai's were had already dropped past Eighty percent and still deceasing. “We better and finish these guys before we lose our advantage.”
 
Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon nodded, and continued their onslaught.
 
“Oh, but you already have lost your advantage.” called mysterious voice.
 
Everyone looked around and saw evil shadowy creatures standing on top of the wrecked buildings. “Hey! Those are the Dark-Scubamon.” TK said. “I'd recognize those ugly creeps anywhere, besides the way they smell.”
 
The Scubamon sniggered sinisterly as their eyes began to glow in the darkness. “You all are about to learn the true meaning of power, as we call upon our warrior.” The Ring leader shouted. “Everyone, use your teleporting skills to free him from captivity.”
 
All the Scubamon nodded and began chanting away.
 
“What are they up to?” asked Cody.
 
“Whatever it is, I don't think want to know!” cried Yolei.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Paladin could feel the Scubamon reaching out to him. “Hmm, mm, mm… well this certainly has been fun, but I got to go. Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah!” Then he vanished in a puff of black smog.
 
Izzy and Tentomon were shocked.
 
“What the--”
 
“How did he do that?”
 
Back to the fight
 
“Guys… look up there!” cried Ken. Everyone turned towards another rooftop, and they saw him…
 
“Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah! Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
“I-It's the Paladin of Darkness!” cried Kari.
 
The Paladin leapt down from the roof with his sword at the ready “You pathetic Digi Destined.” he mocked at them. “Now you're two super Digimon here shall pay the price!”
 
He gripped his sword tight and began to charge at Wargreymon. “Come and get it, tough guy.” he sneered at him, but suddenly he was beginning to feel his power draining out again.
 
“The Digivices…” cried Matt. “They're not going to last much longer at this rate.” And when he and Tai turned back to the battle field, they saw Wargreymon get slashed at heard by the Paladin's sword.
 
“AARRGGH!!”
 
“Wargreymon… I'm coming!” cried Metalgarurumon, but suddenly, Red-Ex-Veemon and Shadow-Ophanimon leapt right in his way. “Going somewhere?” they both sniggered at the same time.
 
The Digi-destined were all horrified, their last strongholds were almost down to nothing and they were now heavily outmatched by three evil creatures who were side-stepping around them… laughing wickedly, and the Scubamon were all laughing too.
 
It was like one of those horrible vision where people laughed at you while spinning in the darkness. A complete and utter nightmare!
 
“It's all over for you now!” growled Red-Ex-Veemon.
 
“The time has finally come.” cried Shadow-Ophanimon.
 
“Long live the Dark Ocean!” The Paladin shouted.
 
They all began to power up their most deadliest attacks. Paladin combined his Sword of Darkness with his Claw 'n Chain, and fired a huge hyper-beam.
 
“RED-VEE-LASER!!”
 
“SATAN'S-JAVELIN!!”
 
Tai watched in horror as the blasts speeded their ways towards their friends. “NOOOOO…”
 
KABLAM!!!
 
Such a powerful explosion, and both Wargreyemon, and Metalgarurumon were gone leaving only, Tsunomon, and Koromon in their places.
 
“They got them!” cried Matt.
 
“No! This can't be happening!” cried Tai.
Everyone else shared a cry of woe, and upset. They were losing so badly, for the first time in all their adventures. They were completely stumped with no way to fight back.
 
“Hurry! cried TK. “Let's get out of here!”
 
They all quickly rounded up their Digimon, and ran for the nearest TV and warped back home with the last of their Digivices power's.
 
All the evil creatures shared the biggest, and loudest evil laugh ever. “It's over!” cried Shadow-Ophanimon.
 
“We have won!” added Red-Ex-Veemon.
 
The Paladin nodded in agreement. “With those meddlesome fools out of the way, we are now free to conquer and rule over all.”
 
The Ring leading Scubamon nodded. “Well done our warriors… you serve us well.” he said. “It will take some time for our forces to conquer the entire Digital world, but we can rest assured that nothing and nobody will stand in our way again…”
 
“NOBODY!! TA, HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!! AAH, HA, HA, HA, HAA!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The others meet in the park…
 
It was already dark anyways, so it was best for the others to return to the real world anyways, but all of them were completely pissed off and upset.
 
Tai kept on kicking a garbage can so furiously, you'd think he'd be able to kick it all the way to the moon. “MAN!!” he snarled. “I can't believe we lost to those creeps!!”
 
Yolei never looked so down in her life before. “I'm so sorry Poromon.” she cried.
 
“Oh, don't be sorry Yolei… it's not all your fault.”
 
“But it is.” replied Yolei. “We just weren't ready, and now we're paying the price.”
 
A lot of the others actually agreed with her. Their Digivices were powerless now, even though Izzy was doing his best to restore power tot hem, as well as locate where Gennai was… they just didn't feel much like anything anymore.
 
Everyone… except Kari that was. “I can't believe you guys!” she snapped. “Look at you all, you acting as though it's all over. We're not beaten yet, it's not completely over yet.”
 
The others were not convinced. “But Kari, Just look at where we stand.” said Cody. “The Dark Ocean's flooding the whole Digital world, and it's drained our Digivices of their powers… as well as our Digimon.”
 
Sora agreed with Cody. “Even if we could Digivolve our Digimon, you saw what happened.” she said. “We've gave it everything we got, but those dark creatures are just too much fro us to handle.”
 
Koromon nodded. “Even at full power as Wargreymon, that Paladin of Darkness made a deflated airbag out of me, and Tsunomon.”
 
“Stop it!!” growled Gatomon. “Kari's got a point. We can't all just keep sitting here like a bunch of Scardy-cats. All of you, take a moment and think about how Davis and Veemon would take this situation.”
 
Everyone thought it over… and even thought Davis and Veemon hadn't been showing up to help them they knew fully well what those two would do at a time like this.
 
They would keep on going!
 
They never, ever let anything stand in their way of saving the world. Even when all hope seemed lost, they kept on going, and even if it was foolish, or just by dumb luck… in the end, they always managed to secure victory for everyone.
 
“You're right, sis.” Tai said. “What am I doing; giving up like this? I wasn't the original team leader for nothing nor did I give that title to Davis for nothing either.”
 
Koromon hopped up on Tai's shoulder. “Yeah. We can't quit now. It's not too late.”
 
Soon all the Digi destined and their Digimon had gained their confidence back, and they all decided they would continue to fight on, but tin the meantime, they all decided to head home to bed.
 
It would take a long time for the Dark Ocean to completely conquer the entire Digital world anyway, and they really could all use a goodnight's rest from battling too much that day.
 
The next day
 
Everyone felt a little better in the morning, and Izzy told them all to drop by before school to pick up their Digivices that were now repaired.
 
The Digimon would be able to Digivolve, but if they entered any dark areas of the Digital world, then the same thing would happen all over again.
 
“There's something else you guys.” Izzy said. “I finally did it.”
 
“Did what?” asked TK.
 
Izzy and Tentomon explained to the others that when they had the Paladin of Darkness trapped in the force-field the other day, Izzy's scans were complete. “My computers been looking for a DNA, and Digital code match-up for the Paladin of Darkness, and it just found it now.”
 
Everyone grinned with joy. “That's wonderful.” said Yolei. “That means we can find out just who the Paladin really is.” added TK.
 
“Finally. Some answers.” said Cody.
 
Izzy booted up his laptop to show them a rotating picture of the Paladin of Darkness. “Okay… here goes.” he said, and when clicked his mouse the Paladin's suit fadeout revealing his true identity.
 
Everyone looked all petrified.
 
“What the--”
 
“No way.”
 
“I can't be.”
 
Everyone shared an exclaim of shock . “Kari… do you see…?” Yolei asked. Kari nodded. “I see it… but I…” she paused. “…Davis?”