Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ X+Y=Friendship? ❯ Sara Adams ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own, Ken and Osamu Ichijouji, or any other Digimon charicters. I do however own Sara Adams and her family. Most likely anyone you don't reconize is mine.

A/N: I am hoping I am doing something that has really never been done before. Never in my time on FF.N have I seen a true Osamu/Friend relationship. And I don't mean romance, I just mean a friendship relationship. So this is how I came up with this story here. This will be baised on the last year of Osamu's life, I'm going to say thats 2000. Also, Osamu is not abusive in any kind of way in this fic. I refuse to belive that he was abusive. I mean, sure he and Ken fought, but they are brothers. Brother get mad at each other. Let it be known that I don't have much knowledge on foreign exchange programs. But this is my story and anyway, who can't bend the rules just a bit right? I hope you enjoy it as much a I enjoy writing it. Please reveiw.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

"Mom, I've got everything packed!! I promise!" a young girl yelled. "Sheesh, you have not confidence in me huh?"

"Well I have to be sure." her mother said "Its not like you can call me and I can bring it to you in Japan."

"I know that!" Sara said. "You have to have some faith in me. I'm not two anymore."

"I do have faith in you Sara." her mother said "But you are still young. A young woman, but still young."

Sara put her hands on her hips. "You don't like the idea I'm going to Japan do you?" she asked.

"In all honesty," her mother said. "No I really don't. But if you want to, thats fine with me. I'm sure you'll have fun there. I mean, you get to learn a different language, different culture, new friends. It seems like fun."

"I will have fun." Sara said. " I want to do this. Its educational. And I know how much you like stuff that is educational for me, right?"

Her mother smiled. "Right."

Sara smiled back, walked over, and hugged her mother. "I'm gonna miss you, Mom." she said. "I love you."

"I love you too." her mother said. "I think I'm going to miss you worse though."

"Hey, at least you'll still have Kara." Sara said. "You didn't have a second child for nothing, huh?"

Mrs. Adams laughed. "Right. I knew she would come in handy one day. "

Sara laughed. The two broke apart as they heard the door open. "Sara," her father said. "We better go if you want to catch the plane on time tomorrow."

"Right." Sara said, picking up her bags. "Lets go!"

------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------- --------------------------

"So, are you boys ready for school?" Ichijouji Rika asked her two sons. Both of them were currently plopped on the couch watching some television show that to her, made no sense what so ever. But if it made them happy, she was more than willing to let them watch it. She wasn't even sure they had heard her until her youngest son said something.

"I guess so." Ken said. "I kinda am. I'm sure that Osa will be ready to get back though."

"It really doesn't matter to me." Osamu said, still facing the television. "I do have to admit though, the summer kinda got to me. I'm getting lazy."

Ken turned away from the TV for the first time in minutes and stared at his older brother, his eyes widened. "Ichijouji Osamu get lazy? The world is coming to an end!"

Osamu threw a pillow at him and smiled. "Oh shut up." he said. It was times like this that eleven year old Ichijouji Osamu enjoyed be alive. No pressure from school, no worries. Just him and his family all having a nice conversation.

It was well know across Tokyo, Japan that Osamu was very smart for his age. From age seven, he started showing knowledge that people in his class would have given their right arm for. At age nine, he was helping seventh graders with their math homework, and at age ten, freshmen. Osamu didn't have much time to spend with his family. He was constantly in interviews, clubs meetings, sports, or caught up in school work. He valued his spare time very much, and most of the time, asked not to be disturbed. His parents were very proud of him in all ways, and were always encouraging him to do his best, sometimes even better. They adored him.

This caused problem though. Osamu's younger brother Ken, was shut out of the picture. No matter how hard the eight year old tried, he just couldn't seem to get his grades up higher than B's and C's. That was excellent for him, but when his older brother was making straight A's and was on TV 24/7, that just didn't add up. This caused a problem between the two boys. They were almost constantly trying to outdo the other. That lead to fights, and jealousy on Ken's part. Most of the time the boy tried to keep it inside, but every once in a while it would come out in a burst of frustrated tears.

"Hey Mama?" Ken asked "Whats for dinner?"

"Does Mac and Cheese sound good for you tonight boys?" Rika asked "Since your fathers out of town, I really don't feel like cooking."

" I don't know about him, but that sounds fine to me." Osamu said. "I'm not really that hungry anyway. I think I'm problem going to go work on the computer a bit then go to bed early. I've got an interview tomorrow." He sighed.

As he got up to go to his room, Ken jumped up, seeing is opportunity fly out the window. "Hey Sam!" he called. "Wanna go to the park with me? Come on, it will be fun."

Osamu looked into Ken's begging eyes, then turned to his mother. "Can I?" he asked.

Rika smiled. "Just as long as your back before dark." She laughed as they ran out the door with out hearing the rest of her sentence.

-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

One day later...

"Well, this is it.' Sara thought as she stepped off the plane. "I'm here. Now don't look nervous."

Truth be told, Sara was nervous. Here she was, in a different country ad had no idea what to do. She looked down at a picture of the family who was supposed to be keeping her this year. She then looked around the airport. No one.

"Great, lovely.' She thought. "They've more than likely forgot about me.' Sara looked around once more to make sure she hadn't just missed them. Nope, no one. She sighed. Since the things she had carried on where getting heavy, she sat down. She looked at her watch. 'Five minutes behind schedule."

As she looked up from her watch, she saw a young couple standing in the airport as if looking for someone. She looked down at the photo again. It was them. 'Finally" she thought. She grabbed her stuff and walked up to them. "Umm... Excuse me?" she asked. They looked down at her. Before she could ask them what their names were, the lady interrupted.

"Your Sara, aren't you?" she asked, hope in her eyes.

"Thats me." Sara said with a smile. "I assume you are Mrs.. Akamiya?"

The woman smile. "Yes. My name is Akamiya Aoi. This is my husband Akamiya Kenji."

"Nice to meet you both." Sara said. " I'm Sara Adams."

"Nice to meet you also Sara. " Mr. Akamiya said. "You have to excuse my wife and I. We don't speak English that well. Not very proper at least."

"Thats okay." Sara said. "I don't speak a word of Japanese."

"We'll help you there." Mrs. Akamiya said. "Now, lets go get your baggage and head home. Have you eaten anything?"

Sara nodded. "They served us supper on the plane. But thanks for the offer."

"Good. Kenji needs to go to store bad. We are all out of food." Mrs. Akamiya said. "He'll go tomorrow, or I'll beat him with a stick." She turned to her husband and glared.

"Don't glare at me." he said, putting his hands up in defense of himself. "Your the one who works next to the store. Don't yell at me for not going to store." Mrs. Akamiya rolled her eyes, and Sara laughed. She could tell she was going to have a good time living with these people."

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

"Well Sara," Mrs. Akamiya said, opening the door "This is our home."

Sara looked around. It was a small apartment, but looked very cozy. Red and gold furnishings decorated the house and many pictures hung from the wall. It reminded Sara of her own home.

"Sorry its small." Mr. Akamiya said. "We didn't expect another person to live with us when we married."

"Its great. Reminds me of my house." Sara said.

"Let me lead you to your room." Mrs. Akamiya said. She lead Sara down the hall to a small bedroom. She opened the door and Sara found herself in the bluest room she'd ever seen.

"Sorry about color." Mrs. Akamiya said. "We didn't have time to paint or anything, so we just bought furnishings to fit it. We call it the 'Blue Room'. "

"Its great." Sara said. "Besides I like blue. Its one of my favorite colors. That and yellow. Thank you Mrs. Akamiya for this."

"Just call me Aoi, dear." Mrs. Akamiya said. "You don't have to be formal with Kenji and I. Now, I'm sure you are tired, so I will leave. Goodnight Sara."

"Night Aoi." Sara said. "Thank you so much."

"You are more than welcome." Aoi said and shut the door.

Sara stood there for a moment. She was to tired to unpack everything at the moment, so she just fished around and till she found a pair of pajamas. She changed into them and crawled into the bed. 'Man these people have good taste in beds. This is more comfterble than mine at home. Wait, this is home. For now anyway.' she thought, smiling to herself. She reached over and turned off the light next to the bed, then fell into sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -------

"Hey Osamu." Rika said, stepping into the living room. Osamu looked up from the book he was reading. "Did you hear the Akamiya's took in a foreign exchange student?"

Osamu shook his head "Really," he said. "That doesn't surprise me. They wanted to. How old is she?"

"Your age, I believe. " Rika said. "They say she's really nice, just shy. She's not used to the culture yet."

"Where did she come from?" Ken piped up, staring at his mother.

"America. Somewhere in Oklahoma, I think." Rika answered. "That must be quite a shock. Coming from America to here."

"Not any different than one of us going to America, Mom." Osamu told her, not looking up from his book.

"Well, it would be for me. I mean the culture is entirely different." Rika said. "I'd like to go there sometime though. There is many tourist attractions. New York City, the Grand Canyon, Washington D.C... I think I'd be neat to go there."

"Not thinking to moving to America are you Mama?" Ken asked his mother

"Oh heavens no!" Rika exclaimed " I was born here, I live here, and I'll more than likely die here. I'm perfectly happy here in Japan, thank you very much."

"Good." Ken said, relieved. "I mean it would be cool and all, but they speak English there. And I don't speak it that well. Osamu can though, can't you?"

"I can what?" asked Osamu, having not heard the last few minutes of the conversation.

"Speak English." Ken told him simply.

"Of course I can." Osamu said as if that were the most obvious thing in the world. "Half the reporters I talk to, thats all they speak. I have to be able to communicate with them some how, right? Anyway, what are you complaining about Ken-chan? You speak English."

"Not very well." Ken complained. "I can understand it, but speaking it is a different story." He turned to his mother. " What about you, Mama? Can you speak it?"

"I can get by." their mother said. "And thats only because I taught myself. My mother didn't speak it at all, and my school didn't have the option like you kids do to learn it or not. So I had to teach myself. I've talked to a couple of Americans. I don't speak it right though. I pronounce the words wrong. Maybe Osamu can teach us both."

"When I have the time." Osamu said. "I don't mean to be rude, but can I finish my book. I would really like to read the rest of it tonight."

"Fine with me, I'll go put on dinner." Rika said, turning towards the kitchen.

The two brothers sat in silence for a moment or so before Ken spoke up. "Hey Sam?" Sam was a pet name that Ken had been calling him since he was a baby. When he was just learning how to talk, he couldn't fully get out the name 'Osamu' so Osamu shortened it down to Sam and the name stuck. Ken was the only one ever allowed to call him that.

Osamu still didn't look up. "What?" he asked.

"What book are you reading?"

"Its a book I ordered off the internet. Its a series called The Lord of The Rings. It is really a very good book." Osamu told him.

"What is it about?" Ken asked

"Well, its kind of hard to explain." Osamu thought for a moment on how to tell his younger brother this and be able to make him understand. "Its about a group of... well they are not all people... hobbits, dwarves, humans and an elf all set out to destroy this one ring before its creator can get hold of it. If he gets hold of it, bad things will start to happen."

"Oh..." Ken said. The thought for a bit. "Whats a hobbit?"

Osamu laughed. "They are strange creatures. They are kind of like humans only much smaller, and they look a bit different too. You wanna find out more, you'll have to read the book."

Ken looked over his brothers shoulder. " I don't think so. Number one, its really big. Number two, its in English. I can't read that. Hey, are you thirsty?"

"A little bit." Osamu said. "Wanna get me something?"

"Sure." Ken ran off into the kitchen. Osamu put down his book and listened. A moment later a crash came from the kitchen followed by a yelp. "Oops." he could hear Ken say, and he rolled his eyes. "Crazy kid..." he muttered and continued reading his book.

------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------- ----

How did you like it? I hope you did. Please give me your thoughts and stuff in a review or e-mail me. I will always reply. I don't want to write something nobody even cares about ya know? Complete waste of my time. Now I'm not going to do the whole, 'I'm not going to write more if I don't get ten reveiws'. All I'm asking is at least five. But if I have at least one, that okay. If you are going to insult me, please be creative!!!! Thats all

CONTEST!!!!!!

I'm holding a contest to see who can write the best Osamu fic. NO ROMANCE!!!! It can be friendship, brother, or just him. I really don't have a prize, and I'm not expecting many people to enter this, but I want to see who can write the best Osamu fic. COME ON PEOPLE!!! You have talent. Entries can be posted on FF.N or sent to me by e-mail. dracodormeins@yahoo.com. Good luck!~!