Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ Doctor Who and Start Of It All ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1963 London
The next few nights the same police man walked down the street checking to see if anything was off.
He thought it was peculiar that the fog tonight wasn't the same grayish color, this time it had a greenish tint to it, thinking nothing about the golden color that seemed to be coming from under the junk yards gate he walked on by. He decide that he would check on the yard on his next round which would be an hour from now.

As the minutes went by the golden light seemed to dim, like someone let a candle go down. By the time the officer came around the light and the fog where gone. As he walked to-wards he gate again he lad his hands on the gate doors. Like a few night ago it made a small squeaky sound that seemed like this time to echo of the walls of the other buildings. Turning on his torch light he noticed that the yard was cleaned up a bit.Flashing his light in the same corner where he last saw the blue police box he noticed it was gone.

Thinking nothing of it he thought maybe some one bought it from Mr. Foreman during daylight.
Late on he would find out a strange old man his grandchild who happened to go to school just down the way and a couple of her teachers vanished along with the blue box at the same time. With two teacher missing he forgot all about the blue box, but it would be always in the back of his mind his first thought maybe they disappeared together well at lest the child and her grandfather but he wasn't for sure that the teachers and the blue box went with them.

On the afternoon of the officers visit siting of the box and first visit to the junk yard, everything seemed normal enough at the local school, "coal hill School". It was a long school day that dragged to an end at last well for some of the student at lest. Will an loud echo of the school bell a teacher by the name of Barbra Wright watched as her class hurry out of her class room with out chattering voice. With a sigh she noticed one of her student, that never seemed to talk much walk out. Barbra came with a thought.

'Susan!'she called The young girl who was tall for age, simple short dark hair and an impish face stopped and replied 'Yes, Miss Wright'
'Would you wait a moment, I'll go and get that book I was promised I'd get you. I will take only a second. So I wont be long'
'Yes, Miss Wright,' Said Susan foreman as she went back to her set.
Calling to her teacher she ask if she could listen to her radio as she waited for her to come back 'As long as its not to loud' Miss Wright called over her shoulder.

As Barbra walked out her class room the halls where quite but still had a few student hanging around there. turning the corner she notice a few students where laughing but once that caught site of her they quited down and decided to leave at a slow pace. Every one knew not to mess with Miss Wright.
Unlike the other teachers She took no nonsense.

As some one said once, She was a rather unkind woman. She was was your stricked schoolmistress. She was a slim dark-haired woman who always dressed neatly, she had a pretty face if only she didn't alway have that face that showed disapproval.

The person who said that had only half truth, she had many good things about her. She knew what was best for herself and everybody else, even if you didn't agree with her. It suited her she always stepped in charge when needed.

As she stepped close to the staff room and pulled the door open only a couple of teacher where gathering there papers so they could leave. Tipping there hats they bid Barbra far well, walk to a bookcase on her left side she skimmed over all the books until she came to the right book. Pulling the thick book and turned back to the door. Halfway down the hallway she pause outside a door labeled 'Science Laboratory', She hesitated for a short while, and the pull the door open and Walked inside.