Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit Powers Awakened ❯ Arrival and Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: Arrival and Introductions

When Gohan and his family arrived they were in the future office of King Yahma. When he walked in he noticed Gohan and his family and got straight to business.

"Gohan I see you arrived safely, your family thought you were all dead, because of anti Hercule fans and anti Ox Kingdom people. They destroyed your home and caused massive explosions, causing everyone to think you gone. The dragon couldn't even bring you back, because it was classified as a natural death. Now in this time you are the decedents of past heroes of Earth. Ones that helped protect the Earth, from evil and trained their decedents in the Turtle Hermit Style, the Piccolo Style, the Star Style, and the Son Style. If anyone ever finds out that you aren't the decedents of them, then explain everything to them, for now in this time you will be meeting with my son Prince Koenma."

"Okay King Yahma, but I want one thing made perfectly clear to him. My family and I are more powerful than you are and that we are to be treated with respect for everything we have done."

"That I can do and perfectly understand. I'll tell Koenma right away, but so you know he will look like a toddler. Also Pan, since you are more human than saiyin, you have what is now a common energy during these times. We call it Spirit Energy; it is quite useful in these new times. I'm going to send you to someone who is currently getting ready to hold a tournament for her heir to her Spirit Power. However I have convinced her that she will take you on as an apprentice for a different reason. She may have you compete in her tournament to see if you are worthy of her time. I have also told her that you are only three quarter's human and one quarter saiyin. Now you have a meeting with Koenma in one minute, I'll see when he is in meetings with others."

They nodded and left King Yahma's office and saw a girl with blue hair dressed in a kimono. She noticed them and realized they were the ones that King Yahma had personally seen.

"Bingo! Hello there I'll be your guide to Koenma's office. My name is Botan, I'm a guide for the dead, I believe in some culture's I'm known as Death or the Grim Reaper. I don't know where they come up with these silly ideas, but I'm very nice, but can be strict."

"Nice to meet you Botan, I'm Gohan Son, this is my wife Videl Star Son, and this is our daughter Pan Star Son. I believe she is the one going to receive help in training, for her Spirit Energy."

"Yes, I don't know how people used to live without Spirit Energy. But I'm curious don't you and your wife have Spirit Energy?"

"No, we use Ki Energy and our brute strength. My side of the family has used Ki for as long as we can remember. Her side used brute strength, with the exception of her; I was her teacher from before we even started dating."

"Oh, well Koenma should be in anytime now, so please be patient and I'll have George his assistant tell him you have arrived."

"Botan, go give Yusuke his next assignment. Here are the details for it, have the people that father sent over arrived yet?"

"Yes sir, they are waiting in your office, I believe King Yahma told them what to expect. Also sir, King Yahma's assistant told me to give you this envelope."

Botan then left to deliver the message to Yusuke.

"Ah I see you must be the Son family, Gohan, Videl, and Pan. Pan you are going to be training under Genkai, an elderly psychic, but still very powerful, at least when it comes to Spirit Energy. According to your file here, you have almost reached the level of Super Saiyin, is this true?"

"I guess so; I never paid much attention to my training. So what exactly is Spirit Energy?"

"Exactly as it sounds, energy that comes from your spirit, but it can't kill you when you're drained of it. But there are those who have some strong ki energy, but have stronger Spirit Energy and don't know how to use Spirit Energy and when in desperate situations can tap into there Ki energy and convert it into Spirit Energy. But this can cost them their life if they use too much Ki energy."

"Okay, but where will we be living at? I'm sure that our technology will seem a bit primitive to the advanced kind made in this time."

"Actually strange as it may seem capsule technology was lost long ago when the great purge happened. It was a virus made to neutralize all capsule technology. It worked like a charm and Capsule Corp. was forced to convert to the old ways of living and building. Your friend Bulma is quite popular in Other World; as a matter of fact she was given the chance to make a profit in Other World. Capsule technology is used in Other World only; as a matter of fact my father's old castle was torn down and used to help make other planets in Other World."

"So was the virus ever wiped out?"

"Yes, but unfortunately nobody wanted to chance the virus coming back so they have been using the older ways for the past thousand years. Also we know who sent the virus; it was the surviving members of Vegeta. They found out that Earth was on the verge of having all technology advanced again and they would have been able to support the growing masses on Earth to other planets. We used the dragon to find out about what could have happened if the capsule technology had not been infected with the virus. Humans could have been living on Mars and the moons of Mars."

"Interesting, but that can still happen, I assume that all capsule technology afterward was never immune to the virus again and lurks in the data of the current technology. If humans find a way to bring back capsule technology it would activate and cause much harm again. However we have the only non-infected capsule technology and we can put the anti-virus into our capsule technology."

"Gohan dear, your going on about your theory's again, lets just get to our home and live a peaceful life."

"Yeah daddy, maybe I'll finally be able to have some friends outside of the Z Warrior's circle, that won't be scarred of me."

"Maybe Pan, but you will be going to Sakamuri High School. You start tomorrow, so you have a full day to memorize where you live and get settled in. Also the last surviving members of Vegeta were killed when the pilot fell asleep and flew them right into a sun."

They nodded there thanks and teleported to the place they were going to be living at. They had two apartments actually, but they were joined together to accommodate the size of their family.

The Next Day

"Class we have a new student, her name is Pan Son. Please tell us a few things about yourself Miss Son."

"Well first off I'm into Martial Arts and well that's about it."

"Any questions class?"

"No, but I've got something to say."

"Go ahead."

"If you like Martial Arts then you must really suck because you're a girl and you're so skinny it's pathetic."

"Well if you think so Mr. Criticizer, then you won't be afraid of a friendly little show at lunch, if that's alright with you Mr. Makimura."

"Its fine with me, class consider it your next assignment, I want you to find out a select style of martial arts. You can go back as far as two thousand years, into the Budokai age. I also want you to find out about at least one person from that time, an unlimited maximum and it better be detailed."

The rest of the class went off without a hitch and when lunch came, Pan beat the living pulp out of the kid who called her skinny and weak. Everyone saw that she was actually quite good and everybody who saw her fight made mental notes not to get on her bad side.

On the Roof

"So Botan what do you want?"

"Oh, hi Yusuke, I have your next case and if you don't accept it you'll be getting lecture after lecture about how you should be more responsible."

"When you put it that way, I'll just tie you up and gag you so I don't have to listen."

"Well how about tickets to the Tokyo Battle Dome this weekend?"

"No way, those are sold out! Fine I'll take the case, but I better get the tickets or else..."