Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ The Mysterious Vampire ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
It was a beautiful Spring day. The blossoms were all in perfect bloom, the birds sang comfoting songs of happiness and beauty and even the people everywhere seemed in a better mood thanks to this weather. Those of West City flooded the streets and the parks, enjoying the day and soaking up the warm sun. Even young Gohan, who is now in his teens and in High School, along with his gal pal Videl, were out, taking a stroll through the park talking about their day and how things have been.
" Isn't it such a nice day?!" Gohan exclaimed, stretching his arms above his head and smiling over to Videl.
Videl nodded as she smoothed out her blue tanktop, her navel exposed to the world. She wore a pair of baggy blue jeans, which hung around her hips loosely. She smiled back at him before turning her blue eyes to the flowers along the sidewalk. "I agree. This day could not be any more perfect." she replied in a soft voice, blushing somewhat for reasons Gohan never understood.
"GOHAN!!!" shouted two familiar voices from a park bench under an large oak tree. It was Goten and Trunks. They grinned and waved for the two to come join them. Gohan looked to Videl and she nodded in agreement. They chuckled and walked over to them.
"I figured you would be here today. Nimbus came back home, so Father let me take it out so I could come here to hang out!" explained Goten, who held so much enthusiasm in his voice. He grinned over to his best friend, Trunks, who is the son of Vegeta and Bulma.
"Father and Mother should be here somewhere. I am not sure. But I saw Krillian and Tien. Too bad Piccolo doesn't come out every now and then." Trunks said, thumbing lavender bangs from his blue eyes. He yawned and stretched, enjoying the shade and the sudden breeze that danced around them.

BOOM. The earth shook from the sudden blast that struck a canyon in the outskirts of West City. Three figures darted back and forth, focused on the intense battle. A young female with brown hair and yellow eyes hovered in the air, her eyes narrowed in the direction of a mis-shapened form, who also hovered. A tall being in a black cloak stood beside the girl, a mask in the place of his face. A glowing red ligt could be seen from the cutouts of the eye.
"Miyu, let me handle him. It will be quick..." the cloaked being said, his voice deep and calming,
The girl shook her head, a look of annoyance shimmering in her eyes. "Not this time Larva. I am the Gatekeeper. This one got passed me. I must send him back myself." She spoke in a soft voice, which still sounded like that of a child.
Miyu darted forward, her expression showing that this would end the battle quickly. A fireball appeared in her hand and she murmured an ancient enchantment before tossing the flaming ball in the direction of the Shinma. But miraculously, the Shinma dodged it, allowing the ball to crush and explode into another canyon, causing it to crumble. Smoke rose all around them. She cursed under her breath. As the smoke disappeared, she realized that the Shinma did as well. She hovered in the air, staring at where the demon used to be and growled. She was quite embarrassed for missing,but letting him escape as well...was more than embarrassing; it was a disgrace. She hung her head and clenched her fist.' I will get him next time' she said to herself and then looked to Larva.
"We better go before ..." Larva started, but was cut off when he saw people flying towards them. He hid Miyu behind him as they neared. "They're flying too...." he said, a little confused. They couldn't be vampires. he thought.
It was Gohan, Videl, Goten and Trunks along with Tien and Krillian. They came to a halt when they got close enough to make out the figures. Larva just stared at them through the mask, trying to shield Miyu, who peaked around him so she could see who arrived.
"I felt an immense energy!" shouted Krillian, a short bald man who used to be a monk.
Videl looked around at the destruction of the canyon and then looked to the two strangers before her. She wrinkled her nose when she caught a glimpse of Miyu. "What happened here?! It's all destroyed."
"Forgive us..." said Larva in his deep voice. "But we had some matters to take care of." he said, saying no more.
Miyu then looked upon Gohan. She raised an eyebrow and then closed her eyes for a moment, taking in all their energy levels and such to try and evalute what she and Larva were up against. "Let us go." she said and within that instant, they both disappeared.
"They know the Instant Transmission Technique?!" Goten shouted. "But that is Father's!"
Gohan shook his head. "No. I think it is something more than that Goten. We should let Father know right away about our new encounter."
"well, maybe they will stick around long enough next time to give us some real answers." she huffed, crossing her arms and shaking her head. "I fnd them rude..."
Gohan didn't say anything about her words, but to him, they were intriguing. And he had a feeling that they are on their side and not Evil's.
Converting /tmp/phpqQ1riW to /dev/stdout