Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 'My world' By Bra Brief ❯ 'My world' By Bra Brief ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

My world.

I don't own knowt. I don't own DBZ or Avril Lavigne's `My world'.

Bra sat at her cold hard mahogany desk staring blankly at the pile of work sheets her mother had recently bunged at her workplace. Then she thought. She thought back to her secret love. She let her thoughts wonder to him. Why she had let her mind wonder to him was unknown it had always caused her pain. He was something she would never own. She was Bra Brief; she could have anything she desired. But, no.

There was one thing in her world she wanted. But that was the one thing she knew she would never own. The male she had longed for was a sin in the eyes of her family.

The songs of the birds outside the large buildings windows shattered her trance. She blinked furiously as she looked at the lagoon-like sky through the clear glass. With a deep disappointing sigh she then turned back to her work sat on the edge of her desk.

Moments later her brother cheerfully came bouncing into the room wearing his hideous brown suit and contrasting black glasses sat upon his broad face.

"What are you so happy about?" Bra mumbled not looking up from her heavy stack of paperwork, but still sensing Trunks' contentment for life.

"Bra…you wanna do me the biggest favour?" Trunks chimed.

"No way, forget it." Bra boomed back without the slightest sign of hesitation in her voice.

"I'll make it worth your while? … What do you think?" Trunks said teasing as he shoved his hands into his pockets and looked harder at his sister scribbling away at her desk. Before she stopped she looked at him.

"What is it this time?" She effortlessly muttered.

"Well ya see there is this new club opening tonight and me and Goten…"

His voice began to trail off at this word. She blocked out all of her senses and continued to stare blankly at her brother rambling on. Goten this word. This person. He had hurt her so bad yet he didn't even know he did it so. Goten. He was the one thing in her life that truly mattered to her. And there was only one dilemma, he didn't know.

***- Please tell me what is taking place

`Cause I can't seem to find a trace

Guess it must of got erased somehow

Probably `cause I always forget

Every time someone tells me their name

It's always gotta be the same. -***

"Bra…Bra, are you listening?" Trunks started to click his fingers and wave his hand in front of her pale face as she realised what was taking place.

"What?!!" She snapped back at him.

"Wow,…you just like totally zoned out back there!" Trunks studied her in amazement.

"Yeah, and what of it?" She spoke calmly as she stared Trunks down like a scared dog.

"Well…uh were you listening to what I said?" Trunks pronounced slowly.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I was Trunks." She stated as she stood up sharply and slammed her hands on the dark wooden desk. Bra then began to stride towards Trunks, "I will not go to one of your stupid little meetings just so you and Goten can go out and pick up `chicks'" She bawled at him as she walked closer towards the door and opened it for him. As she signalled for him to leave the room he mumbled, "Fine, if you want to be your usual moody self. Fine…"

As he exited the room he muttered something under his breath and which was followed by Bra slamming her office door. As she heard Trunks storm down the corridor she gave an almighty sigh of relief and then leaning against the door she looked out towards the sky, searching yet again for comfort.

***- Never wore a cover up

always beat the boys up

grew up in a 5,000 population town

made my money by cutting grass

got fired by fried chicken ass!

All in a small town "SOUTH CITY" -***

Finally she had finished all of the paper work and was heading back home. The comfort of her room though, was not was not enough to soothe her pain. She knew she needed something more. Something she had longed for years on end but something she would never have.

As she walked up to door of her house she heard her mother screaming at her father again. If there was one thing she dreaded it was her mother in a bad mood. As she grabbed the cold metal doorknob of the front door, she hesitated. She didn't know why but she ignored the feeling and turned the handle and then releasing it, opening the door. She carefully entered her house and spotted her father marching off in the opposite direction of the kitchen. She walked towards the kitchen and there he was. Sat at the kitchen table, was Goten. There was her ebony-eyed demi-saiyan sex symbol, which she held so dear to her heart. She had longed to see him but yet dreaded every meeting by a feeling of disappointment.

He glanced at her as if she was nothing but air, then quickly turning back to Bulma. That's what had hurt her the most. He could never see her for what she was, but another piece of emptiness to him. Another girl. She hated that. She hated him. She hated him so much for causing her so much grief, pain and suffering but she also loved him. And there was nothing she could do about it.

"Bra, do you know where your brother is? Apparently he's supposed to be meeting Goten but he hasn't shown up yet." Bulma questioned her as she looked at Goten sitting at the table rubbing his sore knuckles.

"Um… yeah he can't come, he's got a meeting on or something like that. He was telling me but I wasn't really listening so I wouldn't know." Bra blankly replied to her mother fumbling around in the kitchen. Goten stood up and began to head towards Bra. She smiled as he drew nearer.

"Well I guess I'm wasting my time here then. Thanks for the grub Bulma, laters." Goten calmly declared as he walked strait past Bra without a glance and out the front door.

"Bye Goten." Bulma said as she started to dry some dishes.

"Yeah, laters." Bra softly uttered as she walked towards her mother with her back facing her.

"What were you and dad fighting about?" She spoke with her voice quivering.

"Oh, that stupid saiyan keeps on breaking his precious toy. Do you want any dinner sweetie?" Bulma replied.

Bra's eyes began to well up with tears as it all came too much.

"Uh, no thanks mom." She quickly spat before tears began to fall freely from her eyes as she quickly ran up stairs to the safety of her room.

She lay on her bed, thinking, lay thinking. Thinking of Goten, thinking of her world. That night she lay in her bed sobbing. Crying as her teardrops fell on to her pillow. As it eased the pain softly she drifted off to sleep with her tears staining her pale toned face.

***- You know I always stay up without sleeping and think to myself

where do I belong forever

in whose arms the time and place

Can't help it if I space in a daze

My eyes tune out the other way

I may switch off and go in a daydream

In this head my thoughts are deep

Sometimes I can't even speak

Would someone be and not pretend

I'm off again and in my world. -***

Bra woke up with a start, her mother was screaming the house down again at her father. As they continued to bicker she rubbed her eyes trying to focus on the new day's light. She then headed towards her bedroom door dressed in her nightwear going to the bathroom. As she carefully walked down the corridor of outside her bedroom, Trunks was passing in the opposite direction.

"Good morning." He gleamed as he came closer.

"I'm sure it is in some small corner of the globe." Bra said back to the merry Trunks.

As they came parallel to each other Bra looked at her brother. She questioned herself, `Why me? Why not him?' Then she firmly set her sights on the bathroom door. As she stepped into the bathroom she sturdily locked the door and climbed into the shower as she pulled off her nightwear. She let the cold water run over her. She thought back to the night before. How can he not notice. Why was he doing this to her. Then she thought back again to her world. In her world it was just she and Goten and nothing could ever separate them. In her world everything was perfect.

***- I never spend less than an hour

washing my hair in the shower

it always takes 5 hours to make it strait

so I'll braid it in a zillion braids

though it make take all frikken day

there's nothing else better to do anyway. -***

The day passed quickly as she headed to her room after hours of mindless chatter of business and politics about Capsule Corporation. The night grew old as she stayed awake lying on her bed looking at her bedroom ceiling. Her mind was flipping and turning. Questioning herself. Her mind was changing worlds. There were two. Hers and reality. She wondered is she cared, she wondered if anyone else cared. She wondered if he cared. She wondered of life and she wondered of death.

She sat up calmly as she looked to her alarm clock. 3:17 am. Perfect. No one was awake so she clambered out of bed and walked into her back garden. The stars were bright. That's how she liked them. In her world she'd look up at the stars every night and she would recollect the adventures that her and Goten experienced. She lay down on the soft damp green evergreen grass as she stared at the twinkling stars looking back at her. She wondered if there was a world similar to hers, but one where she was happy and with Goten. Then she thought and smiled to herself as she said.

"Yes, there's my world."

***- When you're all alone in the lands of forever

lay under the Milky Way

on and on it's getting late out

I am in love this time this night.

Can't help it if I space in a daze

My eyes tune out the other way

I may switch off and go in a daydream

In this head my thoughts are deep

Sometimes I can't even speak

Would someone be and not pretend

I'm off again and in my world. -***

She headed back into the house and she felt somewhat refreshed. Considering that she'd couldn't get to sleep she got dressed and decided to sneak out of the house. She left the house quietly as she walked into South city. She was wearing her original scarlet red shirt and skirt with her thigh-high boots. She didn't know where she was going but she didn't care. Not right now. She glanced at her watch as she sat at a bus stop bench. 5:37 am. She could just about see the light beginning to come from the rising sun. She smiled lightly as the warm daybreak touched her face. She looked towards the sky again as the pale clouds began to part for the sun's presence. She still questioned herself. She still questioned her life's purpose. She still questioned her existence.

***- Take some time mellow out

party it up but don't fall down

don't get caught sneak out of the house.

Can't help it if I space in a daze

My eyes tune out the other way

I may switch off and go in a daydream

In this head my thoughts are deep

Sometimes I can't even speak

Would someone be and not pretend

I'm off again and in my world. -***

As she sat on the bench she viewed the sunrise into the glum grey sky. She watched it brighten to a light blue in the sun's company. It was only then she knew what she had to do. It had all finally come so clear now. She stood up and looked at her watch once again. 6:41 am. `Never mind' She thought to herself as she dug deep into her pockets only to pull out a capsule. She popped it and it revealed a red car, she stepped into it carefully as she opened the door. She fired up the engine, which then sent the car zooming down the road towards Goten's apartment.

As she pulled up to the apartment building she looked up at the brightly shining sun, which only confirmed her insecurities. She stood up and out of the car which she then put back into it's capsule. She walked towards the building door as someone was entering. Not having a key herself she quickly followed the woman in front. The woman didn't seem to care that Bra was unfamiliar to the building and continued to mind her own business. Bra thought she had heard Trunks say once that Goten lived in apartment no. 17. She had been there before briefly when she had first helped him move in but she was still uncertain. She clambered up to the third floor to the door of apartment no. 17. She stood outside the door, nervous. She had a million different things and ideas running through her head as she looked at the door in great detail. As she went to press the doorbell yet again she hesitated but something deep inside her screamed `press it!'. She gently pushed it and heard the buzzer sound.

A few seconds later she heard some clattering around coming from inside then it was followed by the unfastening of the locks. The door opened slightly as two bright eyes and dark hair poked out through the small gap.

"Bra? …What are you doing here?" Goten gasped as he pulled the door open wider to reveal himself only in his boxers. Bra's eyes widened before she started to blush wildly as did Goten.

"Uh, ..I need to speak to you." She let her breath escape. Goten motioned for her to come in as he replied.

"Well, I kinda need to speak to you too." Bra stepped forward into his neat apartment before turning to face him.

"Oh really? Why? What about?" Bra blinked frantically as she spoke. Loads more questions came to her mind but she managed to contain herself.

"Uh, you'd better sit down first." He signalled for her to sit on the couch before he kneeled in front of her and took her hands in his.

"Uh, Bra you kinda might of noticed that I've been avoiding you lately?"

"Yeah, how could I not Goten you hurt me so bad when you did-"

"Yes and I'm sorry if I did but I just needed to know for sure."

"Know what?!" Bra was becoming more bewildered by the minute.

She looked in to his eyes. They were filled with emotion. What was he trying to tell her? She looked down at their hands and thought `no' and looked at him back in the eyes again. She searched his eyes to find them like hers. He had a deep longing too. Goten unexpectedly jumped up from his knees, unclutching her hands as he started to walk around the room. Bra had felt his nervousness and followed him, she placed her hands on his shoulders and one final time she looked into his eyes again.

"What are you trying to say Goten?" He froze and looked at her strait in the eyes.

"Bra…I love you."

***- Can't help it if I space in a daze

My eyes tune out the other way

I may switch off and go in a daydream

In this head my thoughts are deep

Sometimes I can't even speak

Would someone be and not pretend

I'm off again and in my world. -***

The end.

Inspired by Ben, thanks.

Please review I would love to know what your thoughts are. Thank you.