Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 28 Stars ❯ Concentration ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

28 Stars
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ, and in order to profit from this, I wouldn't ever bother using the Internet.
 
Author Notes of Spewing: Apologises for the wait. I've just finished my exams for now however, so expect timelier posting.
 
Chapter 15. Concentration
 
Snarling, Vegeta twisted Goku's arm around further, making him yelp in pain, pulling his hand back before Vegeta had a chance to hurt him any more, the Prince's face somewhat distorted with fury. His forehead was creased and his lip curled with revulsion.
 
Unaware of the arguing pair below, the colossal trees stood solidly as a slight breeze rustled through their upper branches, making the sunlight shift on the ground many metres below.
 
“I will not do that ridiculous dance Kakarot, not without a very good reason!”
 
Goku frowned, not wanting to back down, despite Vegeta being so adamant. Standing up as tall as he could, Vegeta crossed his arms over his chest, coiling his tail around his waist as he glared up at Goku defiantly. Looking over Vegeta's form, Goku tried to ignore the tremor running through him at the sight, and held his ground.
 
“We should practice a little at least, Vegeta. You know as well as I do it has been a long time since we last fused. That dance has to be done properly, or we'll end up weaker than before.”
 
“I am not senile, Kakarot. I'm sure I can remember that simple routine when the time comes.”
 
“Then what happens if we do mess up then Vegeta?”
 
Vegeta glared at him, before smirking, superiority etching over his face, his voice laced with amusement. “Well Kakarot, if your addled mind cannot recall it…” He trailed off, smirking as Goku tugged on his own hair with frustration.
 
“That's not what I meant, Vegeta!” He sighed, trying not to let himself get frustrated by his stubborn companion.
 
Or sidetracked again. Vegeta had been crafty enough before now to just change the subject without him noticing, or in a last ditch attempt, punch him in the face and force him into a fight. He was intent on avoiding the subject, and wasn't above being sneaky to do so. In retrospect, Goku realised Vegeta had tried similar methods before now, like using his apparent rage as a shield when he couldn't admit his feelings. Goku blinked, realising Vegeta was walking away to the door.
 
“Hey! Stop! You can't worm out of it forever, Vegeta.”
 
Looking over his shoulder, Vegeta smirked, turning away and shrugging as he continued to walk away. Growling in frustration at the continued defiance, Goku chased after him, putting himself in front of Vegeta, ready to grab him if needs be. Stopping himself before he walked into a rock hard chest, Vegeta glared up at him, his lip curling in distaste.
 
“Get out of my way Kakarot! I will not fuse with you.”
 
“C'mon Vegeta, it is just a dance. It isn't like people can watch and laugh at you.”
 
“Why should I care about some pathetic people?” Vegeta looked away, his expression dark. “I'll still know I've done that ridiculous dance.”
 
He wasn't shifting, as per usual. Even to Goku, who remained comparatively calm through most situations, this was growing frustrating. Vegeta's firmness was attractive in its own way; he was a living breathing challenge sometimes. It was admirable to see the effort he'd put into his own progress. But this was growing tiresome. He wanted to improve this, let alone make sure Vegeta really could continue to perform the technique- it had been a number of years since they last did it and the slightest mistake, would be, in simple terms, a total cock up.
 
“Don't you want to improve Vegeta? Face it, we haven't done that enough to perfect it, and I bet we're both a little rusty.”
 
At the word “perfect”, Vegeta's eyes flicked to Goku, his interest sparking. “Why should I need to perfect the technique? You still refuse to tell me why we need to be so good at this.”
 
“Think about it Vegeta. I don't know much either, but I can recognise one thing. The dragonballs are not going to be used lightly. When someone does want to use them, they could very well be in trouble, and the likes of us will be needed to deal with it.
 
“With us not there, the defences for Earth may not be sufficient, Vegeta. We ourselves had major trouble against the likes of Buu and Cell. If there was big trouble, we could get the chance to escape the dragonballs. People still know about them Vegeta, thanks to you, and I bet they'd try to use them if there was big trouble. I'm sure they'll still have the dragon radar around somewhere, so we cannot count it out. If this were to happen, then we need to be ready.”
 
Vegeta frowned, the information disquieting him, as well as the suspicion Goku knew more than he let on. But his point was valid, even if it could be a guise. He should be improving; he should be strong enough to handle anything. Even Kakarot.
 
He still had to repay him for that last “incident” with his split form technique, although his own practice with it was still going slow. Although he could hold in more and more extreme situations, he still had some way to go before being able to maintain it as well as Goku did. The amount of concentration it required gave him more grudging respect for the other Saiyan; how he managed to keep his forms working during sex was quite a feat. Shivering at the memory, Vegeta lowered his face to hide the pink tint forming and turned away from Goku.
 
“Fine Kakarot. I will practice that ridiculous dance with you. On the condition that I perfect the split forms, I will practice the fusion with you.”
 
Grinning, Goku bounced up behind him, his arms encasing him into a large hug. “Promise Vegeta?”
 
With a growl of frustration, Vegeta tried to push him away, albeit unsuccessfully. “Of course idiot! Now let me go.”
 
Ignoring the palm pushing his face, and neck, at a rather uncomfortable angle, Goku just squeezed Vegeta, purring in his ear a he lifted the struggling Prince off his feet. Giving Goku's hair a yank, Vegeta sighed as he was returned to the ground, the other pulling away and rubbing his scalp. Rolling his eyes at the whinging, Vegeta turned around, folding his arms and plastering his face with a look of distain as Goku pouted, adjusting his hair melodramatically.
 
Giving him a flat glare at a whinged “Vegetaaaaaah!” the Prince turned away again. “Enough of this foolishness, I should be training!”
 
The large arms locked around him again. Even Goku's tail snaked around him for some extra security.
 
“You've been training long enough, Vegeta. There is only so much you can do in one go, hmm?”
 
“If you want me to practice the fusion soon, Kakarot, then you'd better let me go. This is wasting our time! Stop pissing around, you bastard.”
 
Leaning in over Vegeta's shoulder, Goku licked over the line of Vegeta's jawbone, tracing the curve before reaching the lobe of his ear. “No need to insult me, Vegeta. That's no fun, is it?”
 
“I am a warrior, I don't need fun!”
 
His tail tip flicking a little against Vegeta's abdomen, threatening to tickle him, Goku snickered. “Grown into a right old grouch, haven't you?”
 
“I am not OLD!” Vegeta wriggled against Goku's grasp, infuriated further when his punches at the one behind him missed their evasive target; one even flew by so close, the other Saiyan even had the gall to lick it.
 
Lowering his fists, Vegeta muttered some choice words of abuse, trying to ignore the tail that was now tickling his abdomen. Trying to squirm away, his muscles twitched at the touch. “Stop it! Let me go!”
 
“Loosen up Vegeta. I'll let you go if you agree to play a little game with me.” Goku chuckled, his tail relenting.
 
“A game? Of course not, I'd be better off wasting my time like this.”
 
“Are you sure Vegeta?” Goku sighed, slumping a little. “Pity, I wanted to see how you'd improved…”
 
“Improved what, exactly?”
 
“You said to didn't want to play, Vegeta.”
 
Goku almost smirked at the long pause, as Vegeta considered the offer, frustrated that he'd been lured into such a simple trap.
 
“Fine, I'll play your idiotic little game.” He snapped, his tail lashing around Goku's knees. “Now let me go!”
 
Grinning, Goku released Vegeta promptly, letting him turn around and glare at him, before wrapping his tail around his waist, taking a deep breath to calm himself. “Tell me Kakarot, what do you intend on playing?” He sneered.
 
Raising his finger, a small light appeared as his ki sparked to life, before he poked Vegeta's chest with a grin, hopping away quickly. His tail flicked out behind him, indicating his amusement as he floated a few inches off the ground.
 
Blinking in confusion, Vegeta peered down to find the front of his shirted partially slit open, exposing more of his pectoral muscles. Looking back up, he noticed Goku had ascended further into the air, ready to retreat. “Well Vegeta, the first one to lose all his clothes loses. But you can't burn me, blast me, and you have to use ki.”
 
Folding his arms over his exposed chest, Vegeta's lip curled. “And how exactly does this show my improvement?”
 
Goku chuckled. “You'll have to concentrate if you don't want to lose Vegeta. You need to be precisely aware of what you do.”
 
Looking unimpressed, Vegeta rolled his eyes, but floated upwards anyway, charging sparks off ki on each of his fingertips. “Fine, naked boy.”
 
Swooping forward, Vegeta took a swipe at Goku's chest, the air crackling with ki as he tried to even up the field, only to find himself looking into empty space, the figure he attacked being an afterimage. The second he realised this, he ducked, narrowly missing the other Saiyan's attack, flipping himself over and taking a slash at his gi. Goku blinked as the colourful material flopped from his shoulder, both shirts cut, leaving half his chest and back bare as it waved uselessly in the breeze.
 
Chuckling, Vegeta moved back, eyeing his handiwork with a smirk.
 
“You know Kakarot? The caveman look really suits you.”
 
Darting away, Vegeta flew over Goku, trying to avoid his attack, whilst driving himself towards him in his own attack. A long slash appeared in his trousers as he did so when the larger Saiyan moved underneath him to avoid the ki. As Vegeta paused, his trouser leg flapped open around his calve.
 
The exchange continued; each growing less clothed and more cautious as the game progressed. Scraps of clothes littered the floor of the clearing, and hung from tree branches, orange and blue scattered everywhere.
 
By now, neither of them had little more than their underwear remaining; even their shoes had been severed from them. Vegeta watched his opponent float at a distance, ready to move as he glanced around for any signs, feeling vulnerable. After all, floating tens of metres in midair, with only a few scraps of material hanging from your hips didn't seem like the safest option.
 
Grinning at him, Goku suddenly blasted forward, giving Vegeta no option to fight back. Blasting away, Vegeta retreated to the trees, trying to lose Goku between the giant trunks.
 
“Oh no you don't, Vegeta!”
 
Boosting his speed, Vegeta yelped as he flew directly into Goku's chest, the brief surprise giving Goku the chance he needed, his arm swooping down with a spark. Snarling, Vegeta lunged, slashing Goku's remnants off as his own were destroyed in the same instant.
 
“Ha! Both of us have run out of clothes, Kakarot. What happens now, hmm?” Vegeta smirked.
 
Goku blinked, pulling off a wristband and waving it at Vegeta. “You missed two things, Vegeta. I win.”
 
Chuckling at the gaping Prince, Goku threw the two forgotten items away, before advancing with a hungry grin.
 
~~