Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses -- Bulma & Vegeta ❯ Birth Annoucement ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dragonball Z is owned by Akira Toriyama, Bird Studios, Toei, Shonen Jump, Funimation, and Viz. In other words, not by me.This is a fanwork written by a fan for fans, no money was made by the author of this fanwork.
 
 
Birth Announcement
By LadyLark
 
 
~*~

Yamcha stared at the card in his hand in disbelief, the envelope falling to the floor with a small plop. The thing couldn't be right. It just couldn't.

But there it was in black and white.

~Bulma Briefs is pleased to announce the birth of her son, Trunks Vegeta Briefs on . . . ~

His vision blurred. From anger or grief, he didn't know which. It didn't matter. He felt utterly betrayed.

Now knew why she had called off their long-term on-again off again relationship. But the knowledge didn't make him feel better. Some part of him wished he had known earlier, that she hadn't told him in such a cowardly way. Another part wished he were still in the dark about everything.

He glanced down at the card again, all of the normal baby announcement stuff was in there -- length, weight, birthtime and date. No mention of the father anywhere.

So they weren't an official couple . . .

Maybe there was hope for them . . .

His eye caught glimpse of the envelope laying on the floor. The corner of a photograph was sticking out. Bending over, he picked it up and looked at it.

Bulma was standing there blowing the camera a kiss and holding a sullen looking infant. She had cut her hair, again he noted absently before turning his attention to the baby. There was no mistaking who his father was, his genetics were written all over his young face. Right down to the superior scowl, he thought in disgust.

At least Vegeta wasn't there. Maybe it was a night of passion and Bulma was too embarassed to admit it.

Yeah, that's it.

This letter is a invitation! It is her white flag of truce.

He glanced at the picture again, a flash of blue catching his eye. Half hidden by the tree he was leaning against was Vegeta. His eyes were watching Bulma and Trunks, possessively almost tenderly.

And Yamcha knew, it wasn't an invitation. Bulma had picked the picture deliberately. He turned it over. In a messy scrawl was written "Bulma, Vegeta, & Trunks -- age 2 weeks."

He reread the words, once -- twice.

Then slumped to his knees in tears.
~*~
 
AN: I'm playing with fanon here. I tend to think that Yamcha's line "It's not my kid" right before the androids appeared sounded very bitter and hurt. Some writers speculated that Bulma broke up with him before she slept with Vegeta and that Yamcha was a little surprised by that. Anyway -- this is something I may have to look into in a longer fic -- for now I am playing.