Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses -- Bulma & Vegeta ❯ Message in a Console ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dragonball Z is owned by Akira Toriyama, Bird Studios, Toei, Shonen Jump, Funimation, and Viz. In other words, not by me. This is a fanwork written by a fan for fans, no money was made by the author of this fanwork.
Message in a Console
by LadyLark
 
~*~
 
Vegeta was bored.
 
What was worse was that he had nothing do to alleviate his boredom. Normally he would blow something up, pick a fight, or torment the woman, but he was stuck in a spaceship heading . . . well he wasn't really sure where. Still, he needed something to do other than train. Glancing at the pile of burnt and broken training drones in the corner he eliminated random destruction from his list. Grumbling, he conceded that training in space was not the best idea. In fact, on the scale of ideas, this one ranked only slightly higher than Nappa's decision to kill the Namek.
 
All because that bossy, blue-haired wench had decided to bed him. She had cornered him and…he forced the thought away. He did not need any distractions to keep him from his goal. He needed to become stronger. He had to defeat Kakarott. The androids that purple-haired punk had spoken of were a minor concern as well. But Kakarott had to die. To achieve his death, Vegeta needed uninterrupted training time.
 
However after two months he was starting to go a little space crazy.
 
Vegeta paused in his two hundred and third finger push up - perhaps there was a planet nearby that he could wreak havoc on.
 
He approached the console and…nothing. He was alone and still bored.
 
Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a small, blinking, red light. He frowned. He had never seen this light blink before. He squinted at it, trying to make out the strange scratchings that passed for writing on Chikyuu. While he could speak the language fluently, he was still deciphering the written form. It wasn't something you could learn via sleep education.
 
Under the light there was a square button with a sideways triangle on it. Cautiously, he pushed it.
 
“Hi, Vegeta!” the Woman's voice chirped at him. Blinking, he stared at the machine hoping that the woman would explain what was going on. He didn't have long to wait. “I beamed this message to you using the homing beacon built in to the ship as a reference. I haven't been able to figure out how to communicate with you in real-time yet.” Vegeta snorted. Knowing the woman, she would be blathering at him incessantly as soon as she managed to figure out the logistics and mechanics needed.
 
Bulma's voice paused and it sounded like she was taking a few deep breaths. “Anyway, I just wanted to let you know . . . well, I'm not sure how to tell you, but you're going to be a father.”
 
“What?! Say that again!” he cried, staring at the machine in shock.
 
The recording didn't listen and continued playing. “I know. It comes as a bit of a surprise to me, too. I mean, I wasn't planning on being a mom. I suppose I should have been more careful. But, well, I wasn't really thinking at the time. Not with my head, in any case. And I don't blame you, you don't know anything about human physiology other than how to most efficiently kill us.” She paused. “I'm not saying this right.”
 
Vegeta snorted. The woman was babbling. He waited for the device to continue playing.
 
“I guess what I am trying to say is this. This baby is a surprise, yes. A welcome surprise and I plan on keeping it. I know that you didn't plan on being a father. Especially with a `weak' human. But I hope that you will be happy with it too. I just thought you should know. Hopefully give you something to come back to. Because I'd like for you to come back.”
 
Once again Vegeta gaped at the machine producing the woman's message.
 
“Kami, that sounds so corny. But it's true, I would like for you to come back to me. To us. Anyway, I just thought you should know. Take care of yourself out there and try not to get killed. Because if you do, I'll just have to find New Namek and wish you back so I can kill you again. So be careful.” A small smacking sound followed and Vegeta's brow wrinkled in confusion. “Just a small kiss for luck, I have a hunch we're both gonna need it.”
 
The machine clicked off. Vegeta stared at it for a few moments. He was going to be a father. He snorted. The woman was going to be a mother. Vegeta grinned.
 
That would be something to see.
 
~*~
 
AN: This story took two months to write - literally. I kept writing and rewriting the damn thing. It is inspired by theme #17. kHz (kilohertz) on the Livejournal Group 30_Kisses. I had to drop out of it simply because I haven't had time to write. Or inclination either. I am hoping to do something for NaNoWriMo no clue what yet I have a list of ideas posted on my livejournal if you want to look. Hate the title to this piece BTW. See you around!